/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Last thread hit image limit! Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!

>News
DR3 anime to be split into two parts, "Future" and "Despair"
famitsu.com/news/201603/26102228.html

Famitsu scans for upcoming DR3 anime:
i.imgur.com/tJ0SWA6.jpg
i.imgur.com/aW1rhbs.jpg

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2016 on PSVita and PS4.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=FfMqURJ3ZfE
Dangan Ronpa 3 will be a new anime scheduled for release in 2016.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=R9AQjGxQGdw
DR3 Subbed PV
youtube.com/watch?v=z3imyvTO3JA

Interviews with Danganronpa Writer and Creator Kazutaka Kodaka
nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-interview-with-writer-and-creator-kazutaka-kodaka/
archive.today/4MSAe

Some new info about DR3/DRV3
gematsu.com/2015/12/new-danganronpa-v3-scrum-panic-debates

DR3 Profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143495291903/mirai-hen-character-profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143594993403/zetsubou-hen-introduction-and-character-profiles

Killer Killer manga revealed to be Dangan Ronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-09/killer-killer-manga-is-revealed-as-danganronpa-spinoff-in-3rd-chapter/.101865

>FAQ
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT

>Downloads/Manga/Novels/Character Charts
pastebin.com/fX2iAQpP

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/k0luio
poal.me/biw4ew
poal.me/wta1yq
poal.me/359ce7
epicmafia.com/game/5127379?password=88cd581fa62019f9638bf277e0f62ea90d769ebd
youtube.com/watch?v=-xcFjTWW1D0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for best boy!

this is the thread

try to keep the RPing to a minimum so we don't burn out at 400 posts again

First for Despair Ishimaru

I can't believe you guys burned through my thread so quickly.

Despair Ishimaru is prohibited!

Don't tell me what to do.

B-but he looks good in it!

We're finally picking up the pace, it's great to see

Looks like it's time for some more shit again.

Just looking for Naegi-kun don't mind me.

No! Even if he does rock that outfit, it's simply no more than a costume. I can never allow it to happen.

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP MAIZONO

who's your favorite male character
how wold you feel about them if they were a girl?

Worst girl:
poal.me/k0luio

Best girl:
poal.me/biw4ew

Best boy:
poal.me/wta1yq

Worst boy:
poal.me/359ce7

why do "other mastermind" costumes always have white and black suits or whatever? I mean Junko's doesn't even look like that, except the tie

Nagito
Irrelevant question

Chihiro
Irrelevant question.

Well, it's to match the monochrome motif from Monobear.

But then he wouldn't be my husbando anymore. It would be a huge loss for me.

Togami.

Irrelevant question.

Komaeda
Irrelevant question.

How about Junko as male, what would change?

Rule 63 female to male always sucks because they always come off looking like fuckbois

Junko's supposed to be glorious, not some FInal Fantasy protagonist looking motherfucker

Then he could give you the Despair

Hagakure.

Irrelevant question.

izuru
irrelevant question

Are you implying she isn't even more glorious in her male form?

Maizono has a nice body.

no, I'm outright stating it. Junko's supposed to be larger than life. That guy just looks like "generic faggot"

We are talking about the Ultimate Fashionista here. Rule 63 Junko WOULD be a total fuckboy

Such shit taste desu senpai

She's an idol what do you expect?

pic related looks like an older, meaner Crona Gorgon

is it just me, or it junko's VA in 2 way better than her VA in 1?

Kuzuryuu
Irrelevant question.

Good choice.

Taka

Irrelevant question

How is it never explained that t͢h̫͠e̮̱̞̮ͅ ͎̥̪͚̮̫w͎̦̞̘a̛̤ś̞͚̼̩̝ ̶n̵͙̠͓͇̥̳̞e̥̞̰͎v̸̲̼͎̩̱̰̤e̜̖r̬̠̼̻ ̛̜͓͖̬f͏̹͓̠͍͍a̷̰̝l̵̙̣̥͙l̪͔̣̕s̱͝ ͍u̲̱̞̲̫͜p͖̱̮̱̘o̧n͚͠ ̜̻̻͇͉͓ṱ̱͔̰̱̲̲h̕e͉̹̦̺̤̳͢ͅ ̭̬̬͞g҉r̴̟a̼͟t̨͙͍e̯f̡u̗͢l̙̲̦ ̻̺̪͘,̗̕o̳̻͉̘͕͢ͅn͝l̡̳̰͍̞̝̱ͅy̱͍ ̪t̖̰̬͖̥͖̺͘h͕͘e͎̟͉ ̣u̞̪nd͈͉̲͚e̪͙͢ͅs̷͍͈̥̦̟͚ͅe͍̞̕ͅr̷̖̝̣v̼̦in̷̬̝̹̬g͢ ̨a̪̦̮n̰̦̖̰͖̪͜d̰̖̝̣̮̪̫ ͖̘̼̣͠r̘̣̀o̸͖̝̲t̼̟̗̮̜͇̗t͏͔͓̭̬͇̹e̛̲̤n ̪̼̰̤͍o̠͍f͇͖̼͈̦̹̥͟ ̸͈͖̗ụ͍̜͠s̮̳͈̟̹̝̠ ̝̦͢a̱͔̺̳̦͙l̬̺̭͕l̳̪̪̝̦͢ ?̜̳̹̦̯̭

Haiji.

Irrelevant question.

I know that thigh and I know it ain't Sonia's

To answer you question, "C'est la vie"

Can we agree that 1-4 is the best DR1 case?

How did you know I was French ?
Are you a fucking psychic ?

i'd say that 1-2 is about equal to it or better because you have more characters to bounce off of, and they all end up doing something important about the case in the end, or end up developing their character. Which is quite impressive considering how early in the game the chapter is.

The space between the last word and the question mark makes it blatantly obvious, m8.

Agreed. It's where Sakura ascended to the goddess seat.

Hi everyone! Hope your Wednesday is full of hope. Just got back from a little road trip and I'm hyped up on espresso. It kinda got me thinking, I expect robochan to go back in time to prevent a murder in dr3. Probably kind of like a "bad ending" if the character (maybe pigtails) ends up kicking the bucket. A steins gate-esq chapter would be pretty cool

Why is everyone here goddamn french ?
Including me

Half this general is French.

I modded the game and ended up figuring out how to change rebuttal showdowns, I can potentially add custom ones too.
Also hey, the Kuzuryuu guy from earlier here again.

Most of the general seems to be from Yurop (including me), and like 4-5 people are French. Was Danganronpa like especially big in France?

Is that so fucking obvious ? Why are only good looking and clever people guess i could say French to shorten that do that ?
We're assuming control mon frère. Soon French will be the official language of this general
Great
Brie>Camembert
Get fuck Normands

>I expect robochan to go back in time to prevent a murder in dr3. Probably kind of like a "bad ending" if the character (maybe pigtails) ends up kicking the bucket. A steins gate-esq chapter would be pretty cool

That's our insanity kun. Cooking incredibly batshit and crazy theories that is still appealing somehow. They're going Zero Escape anyway. Might as well go the full distance and go Stein's Gate as well.

Can Kodaka handle all this? I doubt.

JUST

Yeap, how Hina at tipping sick of the betrayal that resulted in killing of friends, giving into perceived futility and trying to kill them all. Damn, for sure wears her heart on her sleeve. Sakura's sacrifice revealed at the end. Soo powerful

The Best

once you figure that out, try figuring out other trial stuff
maybe you can get to making entire trials

>tfw probably one of the few people here who isn't french
>tfw i'm a massive francophile

Already in the process, nonstop debates are easy to edit, I am trying to "restore" rebuttal showdowns of characters who normally don't do it, like Ibuki or Saionji.

I am also doing a DR1 trial with DR2 mechanics, since I finished my Japanese restoration mod thing for both games.

>I am also doing a DR1 trial with DR2 mechanics,
Holy shit, hype.

We're huge weebs over here so there's that

You're a rad dude

Boy i remember you Ibuki-user we watched a weird movie together and also had this conversation

I want to hate-fuck Monaca.

Making a video of my rebuttal showdown test, should be ready shortly.
Also, I'm actually a huge westaboo, so I'm glad to be surrounded by so many westerners.

I want to love-hug Chiaki!

I doubt it as well, but imagine how full of despair robochan would be in if he kept thinking he could save her only to finally break when he finds out no matter what he changes, she will always die. At the end of the day, despair will never leave the equation and hope becomes even stronger because of this

Anything but "Improved" Hangman's Gambit, please

Ce fil est officiellement sous contrôle de l'armée des Weebs français (French Weeb Armed force). Mukuro est officiellement la mascotte officielle de ce fil (Mukuro is the official mascot of this thread)
Well France is a big country with 60 millions people. And we do love our manga and animes since they filled the void after Belgium-French comics died late 70s. We're only second to japan in animu per squared person consumption but no DR isn't that widely known in France. Then again DR isn't that widely known at all

Come here foreign-kun. You shall know the grace of the baguette ,cheese ,foie gras and many other delicacies France has to offer. Don't go to Paris it's a waste of money
pls no """""""improved"""""" Hangman's gambit

...i.....wow that's actually fucking crazy enough to work.

I have no words for this but it would be an absolute mindfuck for him to keep on going about a pointless path but his hope keeps getting stronger because of this path of despair he's chosen.

I...can't even put my mind around this.

>so boring that people recognize me from having the same conversation multiple times

I might have seen you the other night in the mafia game too. There's more streams scheduled for this weekend. You should drop by if you are free!

Its sooooo wonderful to think this could happen. Since Robochan is half and half most likely, we could easily see him lean more towards his human side and keep trying. What if him going back in time caused some kind of shift in the story, not the outcome that the storyline follows, but something even more despair filled. This shift could end up having a different set of survivors (i.e victims alive but everyone who was tried is still dead) and from there you uncover the truth. Of course Robochan will remember this all since he is part machine but man this twist would be so wonderful

>Since Robochan is half and half most likely

I think Kodaka said he's just some human boy wearing some techno get up to fit the theme of the "psycho cool" environment.

But to all of your other insanity, this definitely sounds like it would be walking to Stein's Gate territory.

Wait a minute...

Then what would be DR's true Stein's Gate timeline.

Could it be possible thar DR so far has been on the Beta timelime assuming V3 is on the Alpha Timeline but if not that then that means there's a completely unknown timelime that DR hasn't touched on yet. Something we the fans don't know but Kodaka would know.

Don't worry i just remember a lot of stuff, i can come off as creepy sometimes too.

Also yeah i was planning to watch the stream this Friday, last time was fun

Don't you think it's Kyoko influencing you if you remember a lot of stuff? She's kind of like that.

Oh there are more streams planned ? What is the schedule ?
Also was out for 4 days and you guys did Mafia games without me ! Next time it happens i'll wreck you all from all that SC2 mod playing

Hah, I'll look into not including it, anyways, here is my test I mentioned, as you can see, Kuzuryuu is objecting in case 1 instead of Koizumi, I also made it so it triggers the case 2 trial, so, yeah.
And damn, what is a good video uploading site, although I don't mind uploading to YT, since that seems most stable.

>just some human boy

Man thats just so boring now... there goes my possible steins gate theory happening. He could be lying for all we know, but oh well. V3 is the alpha timeline and everything else is on a different string. As you can see, I havent paid attention to anything Kodaka and the others have said, but I think this is main timeline. The way these talents are being protected isnt the way it was suppose to happen. In order to shift the line and create a new path, something within the trials needs to happen. Someone within these students needs to die in order to shift the story and create a new timeline where essentially prison isnt the answer.

Agreed. I cringe when I hear the words "Improved Hangman's Gambit"

No i've been like that for a long time, i remember stuff people said to me and forgot and i never know if i should tell the person about it or not because i don't want to look like a creepy dude.

JUST MESS MY STUFF UP MONACA

We're watching Suspect X on Friday 6pm EDT and Love Live season 1 on Saturday ~8 EDT.
I usually use dailymotion, vimeo should work too. They've got size/duration limits though.
Ah, but, a normal, human hero is more relatable, and allows Hope to shine even brighter when he overcomes obstacles with his "just a regular human" abilities.

Suspect X - Friday @ 6pm EDT, Love Live Season 1 Start - Saturday @ ~8pm EDT

Lately mentioning the stream is rustling some jimmies here, so we're scaling back the number of announcements. To compensate we are listing upcoming streams directly on the taima page. We stream most weekends and sometimes during the week, make sure to pop in occasionally to see what's upcoming if you haven't seen or heard anything in /drg/ itself!

>Man thats just so boring now... there goes my possible steins gate theory happening

Not necessarily. Your insane theory still sticks because we don't know what the power of this future timeline holds as Kodaka said himself he wants to come up with stuff taking advantage of the environment of the future since in current time you can't break pre established walls of nature.

So maybe V3 is in the future of the current time but different string from the original games since something happened in between. The beta timeline has yet to be revealed to us

The object is somehow going back in time and making sure the right students die to get the conversion back up to certain degree. It's so fucked up now because the HP saga had the wrong people dying in the killing games. Like Ishimaru wasn't supposed to die or Sayaka or Hiyoko etc.

It changed everything and split off into a different timeline from the beta timeline.

Now the right people have to die to get if back to the beta timeline.

But then it's not over until they reach steins gate.

Nice ,will be there

Such is Veeky Forums.Gotta adapt to that. Don't let it go to your head

Be my Nekomaru. This feeling is making me full of hope. Nothing makes me smile more than others expanding on my insane theories.

This could be a possible story that if played right would shine brighestest in this sea of despair. But what if this means that a shift in other games like UDG could happen, aka Komaru becoming a new Junko, thus the new mastermind for DR3 :^)))))) (i'm just playing, the espresso is slowly killing me now)

thanks, france-chan
unfortunately, i don't think i'll be able to visit your country any time soon

I forgot I had an old mod in my folder and tried to test a custom rebuttal showdown and then this happened, my sides were never the same, look at that hair man.

It's OK Insanity kun. It's more like I caught your madness and am starting to lose my mind while typing this.

I think DR's Stein Gate will be considered the "true and definitive" timeline Kodaka would aim for. This new timeline would look exactly like V3 but something huge has changed in the events of the past.

The Tragedy got averted. Somehow Junko stopped what she was doing. Whether on her own or by force, she simply just stopped. Like how Kodaka said that Junko had no real reason to do all the crazy shit she did, in this Stein's Gate timeline she has no real reason to do all the shit she did in the Alpha and possibly Beta timelines.

Meaning everyone from the past is seemingly not dead but we never see what happens to them and it's left up to interpretation because it's not their story anymore.

But it may also start up huge shipping wars on who Makoto settled down with and had kids that had kids and had kids and leads us to the V3 time-frame.

Apparently, Celes likes spending time outside in the sun?

You're doing God's work.

>Celeste
>Outside
I hope nobody is tempted to do a tan celeste edit

Wait, how is the shadow data collected? Does the game do that automatically?

....how?

Ultimate Programmer has arrived

Where have you been all this time

Anyone up for Mafia?

epicmafia.com/game/5127379?password=88cd581fa62019f9638bf277e0f62ea90d769ebd

Password is ANARCHY

Heh, thanks, the shadow data is automatic, I'm making a "Danganronpa 1 in Jabberwock Island". I have a vid for proof of concept, of course, the vid only shows early shit like simple sprite replacement, but it had funny results like Saionji transforming into Sakura and the camera focusing on her skirt.

Here is the video in question:
youtube.com/watch?v=-xcFjTWW1D0

I'm in bruh

I want Sakura's underwear.

6 more people for he game

Kuzuryuu underwear and Peko thing ftw.

So Gundham goes full commando huh.

Nice.

I'm surprised Komaeda doesn't wear tidy whities