/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Crawl 0.18 Tourney is over! dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.18/overview.html dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.18/teams.html
>/rlg/ teams:
Algerian Curse Removal Ltd (27th place!)
WE WUZ PHARAOHS N SHIIIEEET (86th place!)

Crawl 0.18 release: crawl.develz.org/wordpress/crawl-0-18-pakellass-packrats

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3JfE8eU7TIc&list=PLA6EC39E975F3D1EE&index=10
git.develz.org/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=140ffe51053d896d1840846def5364e734873d51
pastebin.com/raw/9RZpHe2D
git.develz.org/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=65774bb05dc1acd31ae86ac4ee2d67c404b91adb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for variety

>tilesets

would like opinions on is it better to (as I have) not stream/record games played in those conditions, or is content better than not content?
(also termcasting but apparently only like three people in the general do that)

Does any of you guys comment on the DCSS forum about those "proposals". I always see you complaining and myself don't know that much the game to make an opinion on the subjects.

No shit content please.
If you're going to do it you should try your best to do it well.
Like those Moria videos.

eh I don't really watch vods anymore
even dick's sil and IA got kinda long

What stupid bullshit are they planning this time

Remove decks, wands, other evocables and long blades.

and scythes.

And Gargoyles.

And they're making lair two floors deep to be consistent with Orc.

And removing Pan and making it an extra Hell branch.

This was my instinct as well. Otherwise they're just bloatedly long. Maybe I can set up ttyrec so I can record my terminal when I termcast or play locally, and come back later to comment on it in undistracted sessions or something.

>like those moria videos
kek

>Remove pan
>More hell tho
I'd almost say that is an improvement, but I regret ever learning to play this cursed game everytime I'm in Dis. Hmmm. Hmm.

>months and months go by
;_;

We've sucked all the dicks we can.
There are no heroes left in Pan.

What I thought it would've been the run, after successfully bamboozled 2 ice dragons and took the loot form an Ice Cave, ended with a casual fight against a komodo dragon.

A reminder to never underestimate those tanky sacks of maximum damage rolls. RIP in peace.

youtube.com/watch?v=3JfE8eU7TIc&list=PLA6EC39E975F3D1EE&index=10

You fisted two ice dragons as a MuMo?
That's insane.

What is hep?

Well, I tried to, but it was a 70-30% chance to win (stacked against me), so instead I made them both to follow me to a maze-like part of the cave and lost them there, took the loot and got out.
There was nothing too good on that place, so I don't geel that bad for dying. I also forgot if I can use items like the ring of flight or invis, so I didn't used them.

git.develz.org/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=140ffe51053d896d1840846def5364e734873d51

ah yeah that makes a lot more sense.
I mean if you could have fisted an ice dragon by lair and at the same time die to a komodo I'd be 100% sure you were bullshitting me. It's hard enough to kill a hydra.

>No felids allowed

Felids dont have ancestors
But they already removed that restriction because insteas of making ancestors race specific everyone gets a human

>Felids dont have ancestors
then where does babby felid come from

>go dive down to Utgard-Loke
>should be fine, he's normal speed and my melee is good, though the accuracy could be higher and I wouldn't mind some more AC for his 4x12d12 melee
>fight going well
>he summons, but it's not so bad
>he summons again, gets a greater titan
>have to teleport away and recall home
at least I survived

housecats

I barely got the abyss rune in abyss:5 and got out. I also have snakes,swamp,slime,vault. What should i try to get next?

>a cat is fine too

>Want to do a housecat of hep
>Apparently I've had a DEFE parked in trunk for months
>He has been stuck in shoals for all this time and I don't have the heart to ctrl Q him, or finish the run

>abyss:5
Why?
Are you MuMoing?
If yes it's Tomb time.

Halls of PANDEMONIUM.

PANDEMONIUM PIZZA

I'm Orc fighter of Beogh.I already did the crypt and elves. Spec me in CBRO, name doroboNeko. I've never gotten this far so i'm kinda unsure.

I got you familia. We'll get that orb together, hand in hand.

Beogh is really bad for Pan, Hells, Tomb, and Zot.

Yeah but im Orc Jebus. Do not question my faith, y-you heretic.

Second time today.

wtf is a yeek anyway

I'm questioning your decision not to go for the win at this point and come back later with a character better equipped for the post-endgame.

What a pair of boots

Finally a chance to post my old OC.

This thing is like doble the hereticness on a single item.

Nigga, you post that everytime talks about yeeks.

I swear this is the first time I'm reposting it ever since its creation.
But I am honored someone appreciated my art enough to show it off.
Also to brag, someone posted my Rune Knight vs. Babble drawing in the previous thread.
I always knew I was meant for great things and this proves it.

Faulted my Tonberry Shieldmaster from a few days ago, about to fire up another one.

How good are standard shield artifacts? Would I be better with randarts?

It really is a nice feeling when people post your shitty MSpaints. Warms my heart everytime I see [angryogrenoises]

Replying to a 2 day old post because I can
You think necromancy is cool now? You should have seen necromancy back in the day when kiku would deliver corpses on demand, which you could stack in order to make incredibly powerful (permanent!) abominations that followed you from floor to floor.

That was back when animate skeleton was the best spell.

That was back when DCSS still had any redeeming features in it.

>Implying getting sick off chunks and casting animate skeletons on every corpse was fun

>This isn't under my definition of fun, so lets remove it
Crawl dev go away

>playing a vinestalker enchanter
>player ghosts on the previous few floors that I have no hope of facing right now, so I can't camp out for easy exp and have to keep moving
>get surrounded in a passageway by scorpions shortly after making it to D5
>poisoned so I gotta get out of here quick
>been focusing on training my magic skills so I figured I'd be fine if I go to hibernate one for an easy stab and escape upstairs to rest
>45% chance to beat MR
>what the shit? it's just a fucking scorpion. oh well, that's almost a 50/50 shot.
>cast one, doesn't work
>well shit, keep trying
>cast another, still doesn't work
>cast one final one and won't have enough left to do it again
>still. didn't. fucking. work.
>die
Goddamn early game magic is fucking stupid. Hell, magic in general is retarded. You have potential for miscasts and chance to miss, on top of enemies having even a little bit of magic resistance just fucking ignore your spells at a rate that seems far above what the percentage shows. And then you have player ghosts that are practically fucking immune to most of the more useful shit you'd want to hit them with and are way more powerful than most other shit on that floor. How the fuck is anyone playing a caster supposed to get off the fucking ground with all this shit fucking them over?

You can still play .13 you know. Its not like they removed .13

nah I post it more than he does

You can just not summon skeletons you know, it's not like they removed not-summoning-skeletons.

So what does the MuMo challenge entail really? Aside from the obvious.

I've seen people mention stuff like no armor and no gods allowed. What else?
What about boots/capes/helmets?
Evokables/wands?
Throwing?
Spells?

>Flip a coin 3 times and don't get heads
>WOOOOW
Early D and magic users kind of suck, yeah. I think the realy issue is that your melee was too shit to handle a scorpion and that you let yourself get boxed in.

Suboptimal play, user! I know that, but it really did increase your chances of winning by a huge amount. Pretty lame if you ask me, like not using haste if you have the option. We just see it different is all.

These are the original rules, I don't have the updated ones unfortunately

"Updated"? Oh dear.
That's a sickening challenge. I can't even begin to imagine why you'd add more rules.

Updated rules just say no bucklers as a joke, and no regen. Not much different than the original challenge.

...And like every heretic artifact, it has to be purged by fire.

fuck. i always forget to screenshot. Won with the HOFi of Beogh. Didnt risk it with extended beyond abyss.
Here is the morgue: pastebin.com/raw/9RZpHe2D

No regen was the reason for the no amulets rule, can't believe that had to be clarified. Also, the original original rules were posted towards the end of the last thread.

I think originally, you were allowed to use the amulet of vitality because its sprite was an ankh.

Well done.

Is it just me or do egos that aren't fully *identified* sell for less now in PCB?

Always acquire knowledge.
That is indeed the case.

Send help.

Fortunately literal thousands of magic missiles and molesting a few dragons in lonely mountain with my black touch got me up to level 32. Which would let me summon dreads, except I have a 25% chance of it being hostile and eating me, so I guess I have to rely on fingering monsters still.

I can't even say this character is bad because vampiric touch is really good (it heals half my health! and I mean that in the worst way possible).

eh dreads aren't so bad really, at least not if you're not summoning a huge group?

Re-rolling is in my future.

This character is absolutely bonkers.
I think I'm going to see how well my punch ghost does against pan lords.

>Level 23
>4 runes
That is the one thing I didn't really enjoy about Hep. The exp loss is real, and costs you HP and makes your stand's remembrance process pretty slow.

This is more a problem with the collateral kill-XP mechanic than one with Hep.

It had to be clarified because the 0.15 No Bennu rule actually came after and 0.15 has regen on rings instead of amulets

Thats why you pick the hexer instead of the fighter
There is no point in complaining about xp if your fighter ghost solos orbs of fire without problem

I'm just saying, it is a very real cost to have less HP and 1 less pip of MR during the transition from 3 rune to postend. I kind of like that there IS a drawback to Hep, it feels better than just getting all benefits from most of the usual gods.

Wow, it came pre-made.

Has anyone tested how the ancestors hold up against various endgame threats yet?

The melee one can shrek the various depths/zot goons fairly well 1v1 without his level 27 gear. I'd say he is the equivalent to a high level 「BoB」. Can't speak for the others, though I've heard good things about the hexer.

That was certainly a teleport.

Also managed to sneak copies of pretty much every third book besides my own.

>Fiery Zar
>they came with a ranged attack
What a quick death. I was making some rather poor decisions that run, though, so I deserved it. Right before that I ran into that dog person for the first time and failed to link to it.

git.develz.org/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=65774bb05dc1acd31ae86ac4ee2d67c404b91adb

How would you guys fix zin and nemelex?

smaug always drops book 3 of your primary realm, for what that's worth to you now

Yeah that definitely took a while. I'm 5 runes in and have been clearing every floor. Did E+C too.

I'm going to do post-end with this guy, I'll drop some feedback after I'm done.

What attack delay does the fighter have anyway?

>no bucklers as a joke

pls contain the heresy, shields actually require a solid investment to come online properly - a buckler requires a couple of ogres and suddenly you are a swashbuckling bandaged menace.

We did run some quite extensive discussion about how powerful a buckler was compared to the offhand punch both on and off stream and they remain haram

This is probably one of my favourite parts about H.

Broad Axe of speed is 0.3/0.4.
It should work differently for monsters though.

>incidental 5 pips of rNether to give me 48% resist
the falloff for extras is hard but for now they're free