/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Predator Edition.

Elder Thread: >Official news
Dark Brotherhood DLC out on May 31st!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/04/22/dark-brotherhood-launch-details
youtube.com/watch?v=a6vtLcDgRkQ

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message @clv for invite
[PC EU] message @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jeweled_Crown_of_Anton
eso-lfg.com/en/
youtube.com/watch?v=ffZfbi-wjto
youtube.com/watch?v=rDdcVK47BY0&list=PL5uuqanRfDnCiuzPohqQfane3jspxgyVi&index=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm sorta bummed out I never got that glitch

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jeweled_Crown_of_Anton
It happens in this quest

Spears would make for a lot of nice crowd control and distance skills.
maybe they'll add them behind another fucking paywall

what is the Chattering Skull for? dropped one for me

Collectibles to unlock achievements to unlock dyes.

Just sell it once you get it, it already counts for achievement.

It gets bound as soon as you pick it up, though

>it's 150,000 alliance points to change campaigns
>stuck in a dead campaign for another 17 days with 43,000 alliance points

So, uh, how does the guest system work? You earn alliance points like normal but you don't get the final reward is all? Or are there other big downsides to being a guest?

only 600 scouting missions, get to it! :^)

no real big downsides to guesting, just that you don't get rewards from the campaign you're homed in.

150k AP isn't that much if you are playing with a decent group of people.

I play alone :(

I just try to find a big group and follow them everywhere with a few ballistas and catapults on me.

>Ask for group (hopefully with invite code) in zone
>Play around with them and do shit
>ASK them to invite to guild if there is one
>???
>Profit

And by profit i mean the guild might run regularly and have dedicated crafters that you can ask for decent gear and such.

>predator
>Not Jar Jar

>only game where I've ever left sound enabled
>comfy ambient sounds, bards singing in inns
>joined a comfy guild with active TS
>have to choose between listening to the game or listening to TS

I'm not equipped to deal with this.

I'm on ps4 though, you can't actually chat with other people

eso-lfg.com/en/
t. ps4 player

Can someone tell me some areas for grinding in DC? I only know the ones for EP.

race change when?

This is one of the most autistic requests i've ever seen both in the forums and here.

Never.

Live dammit

>ever wanting to listen to people who arent voice actors talking

fucking millenials and their voice coms back in my day we had dialup and only jokers who tried to use roger wilco who everyone made fun of.

its not a choice, voip is evil. In the words of venerable reverend sharpton "resist we much, we must, and we will much, about that, be committed"

>not playing a cute from the start

you dont deserve to be cute

By sell I mean sell to a mechant. It's only worth gold once you pick it up.

pvps kind of no fun, sieges dont last very long. its not like daoc where you slowly watch the gates come down and mount various sorties outside to stop it or try to sneak into the keep. If a keeps being sieges and you arent already there its likely to be down before you even arrive

a shame, there was potential here

Disagree, there's plenty of time for reinforcements to arrive at a besieged keep.

>fucking millenials and their voice coms back in my day we had dialup
Pretty sure you didn't had internet on your Commodore 64, gramps

Finally.

Made a DC sorcerer called Carl the Stormcrow

Any name ideas for an AD high elf templar?

>tfw just crafted a new set of gear and will feel like a god for the next couple of levels

So.. How many people are in the NA PC guild?

7 for now, I think, counting me and another guy that sent a message to clv yesterday.

>inb4 you get a better as a reward for the next quest
happened to me...

>AD high elf templar

Sounds like the most pompous, high and mighty, arrogant bastard kind of character you can make in this game.

What should I get as a secondary for a staff dunmer sorcerer?

Fire destro if you don't already have it.

FOUND IT

IMPORTANT LOREBOOK DISCOVERED

I thought that should be the primary...

That was written in the Third Era.
Thanks, Zenimax

>DRAGON BREAK
>IS ALSO THE INTERREGNUM

Anyone else? I already have a fire destro staff as a primary.

destro/dw is generally the sorc meta dps weapon setup. execute and overload on your dw bar.

there is contention for putting your execute on your destro bar, but that's just for proccing kena, so if you don't have it keep it on your dw bar.

youtube.com/watch?v=ffZfbi-wjto

MAKE MONEY FOR YOUR V16 SETS NEXT PATCH

I remember when I got the Queen Eye chest piece quite early on in tha AD story, that fucking thing did for about six levels

The Lusty Stormcalling?
Never heard of it.
Also screw Zeni for putting it in and their dumbass Colonel Sanders. Like, I get it, it's a popular thing with Elder Scrolls fans but short of putting it in a daedric realm where time isn't linear there's no excuse for that or any other future books being found in ESO.

As far as I know, Morrowind started it with The Dragon Break Re-Examined, and it's due to some fuckery with Hermaeus Mora.

According to Zenimax, the book written by the character in Morrowind was not an original work, but was based on earlier lost works.

Set bonuses beat any dropped armor, at least at non-vet levels.

And that's an awful quarter-assed attempt at a retcon since you straight up talk to the author, witness his eccentricity.

More people will find it amusing than irritating, such is life.

Even as someone enjoys lore, though, this doesn't bother me. While the world of ESO isn't exactly consistent, you can tell the developers had a lot of fun with it.

Seeing all the silly little details around the world, all of the questlines and lorebooks that border on satire - it makes me smile. It's been a while since I played a game with such a lovingly crafted and comfy world.

That's enough for me.

>We are currently investigating issues some players are having regarding logging into the North American PC/Mac megaserver. We will update as new information becomes available.
Yay! Anyone else affected?

Me.

Went to take a piss came back and I was logged out now I can't get back in.

That's interesting, thanks, clv

Back up for me

They shoehorned everything in.

bump :)

?

Are you having a good day, esog?

I sat in the sun for a while to catch some rays, now I'm drinking a fancy hard cider with pears and blackberries while listening to the bard songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=rDdcVK47BY0&list=PL5uuqanRfDnCiuzPohqQfane3jspxgyVi&index=1

Very comfy.

You talk like a queer

It's a queer sort of day, user.

Yes, indeed

I will never not be mad at Bethesda stopping Sloads and Imgas appearing in the game.

*Zenimax

y so ded

What's the best polymorph? I'm using Goblin right now but it's very degenrerate

it's not even waifu shit, it's just me wishing I had Imperial edition at the time because that race would be GOAT with my stamplar

So what faction has the best story? Currently playing through AD

DC
AD is only enjoyable if you read C0DA
EP is meme shit

Skele. Always skele.

then make an Imperial Stamplar instead, with DB changes you won't need to grind all the way to v16.

EP have the best variety even if the Skyrim areas are just shit. DC is bland and basically Dungeons and Dragons: The Game. AD have most impressive moments and you get to fly to the moon.

Zenimax wanted them both in the game but they have to check stuff like that with Bethesda and they said no.

my mount is nearly halfway upgraded and it's boring to redo the same class, guess my plar is stuck as a manlet bosmer

>AD only enjoyable if you read C0DA.

I know some people say Queen Ayrenn is KINMUNE but how is it related to C0DA?

Because that's where that bit comes from, it's not elaborated on at all though

>not making a waifu

I wish i could understand kirkbride

good luck with that

EP has netch and guars, so it's objectively better.

So me and a friend were talking. How would you go about doing a self-imposed hard mode for ESO?

We were thinking only being able to use items you craft, skipping the first alliance zone and going straight to the second, and making death permanent. You die, you delete.

Anything else we could do?

Go naked and use only weapon and class skills.

Only use stolen clothes instead of armour.

I played this at the start of the console relaunch.
I was actually really into it but got bored at cap because the gear progression was farming one 4 man over and over for a hat.

Has that aspect improved? And is there more difficult things to do at cap now?

must be stam based

I've seen no convincing evidence that Nightblade is actually any fun or useful in PVE

Every game has that one class that the tryhards flock to because on paper it's the DPS/Gank machine, and every time there's a class that can perform the role better while being twice as fun.

its the second most asthetic class after sorcerer, and since sorcerers should not be stam based (because thats just stupid sounding) its the default stam class.

templars are silly with their class icon, who would want that signifying them? and dragon knights are just stupid meant for people whos first TES game was skyrim.

>stamina build
>not templar
lol

this threads so slow, it seems like you would read all of every post instead of rushing to reply after reading only half

it's not the slowest thread on Veeky Forums

>stam build
>not picking the literal 50k dps dk
>not owning maelstrom axes

i picked nightblade because it has the cutest class icon

What's the best non-horse mount?