/acg/ - Animal Crossing General

#1122 - "We miss you" Edition.

Previous thread: >The Basics
ACNL Basics Guide - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/
AC Wiki - animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Crossing_Wiki
Nookipedia - nookipedia.com
The "pthhhpth" pastebin (FAQ) - pastebin.com/jU4CeWhu
Brand New Catch - animalcrossing.us/animal-crossing-new-leaf-brand-new-catch-may/

>Furniture & Collectibles
Item database - moridb.com/
Item image gallery - animalcrossingnl.mooo.com
Museum Checklist - mediafire.com/download/0p18zy41jkxsy8a/ACNL_Fossil_&_Art_Checklist_RC2.xlsx

>Customization Guide
Image/Pattern Converter - thulinma.com/acnl/
All Furniture Customizations - customnewleaf.tumblr.com/
Image2QR code - mediafire.com/download/d0g3vj88g0gk1pf/Version 0.4.zip
Pro Designs Android App - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.dmoridesigner
Image2QR recognition *shit* - acqrfactory.com/
QR Paths - pathmagic.tumblr.com acnlpaths.tumblr.com/ acpath.tumblr.com

>Happy Home Designer
All villagers & items - happyhomedesigner.wikia.com
FAQ - pastebin.com/f8pnU0wr
Amiibo Cards - nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html
May Happy Home Challenge: "The grand outdoors".

>How to play ACNL online with /acg/
People need to add each other's FCs in order to visit faraway towns.
Put your name and FC in the name field to save time.

>Villager Birthdays
25th - Derwin
26th - Bruce
27th - Del
28th - Renée
29th - Purrl
30th - Hamlet

>Upcoming Events
None.

>Misc.
Town tune list - newleaftunes.tumblr.com/tunes
Camper Reset guide - i.imgur.com/meQutqI.png
Dream Town List - pastebin.com/W4FQW6ZW
What is the void? - pastebin.com/9KPbdnSY
ACNL OST - pastebin.com/bPyY03LK
Upload to Imgur via 3DS browser - webrender.net/imgur/

Could I get some help with a petition.

Looking for some perfect apples, perfect oranges and perfect cherries for my villagers. I can give perfect peaches in return

You can come to my town. Just let me add you first

Gate's open

Remember that smut belongs in .

meant to reply you

Don't be so paranoic. No one is posting that kind of stuff. In fact, /acg/ is one of the most on-topic generals

>getting a n3ds this weekend
new town hype
forever in nooks debt hype

Turnips at 512 in my town

>having a digital copy
>not transferring data

Guys, can you guess what I still want?

I have an ankylo skull, plesio neck, archelon skull x2, and 8 bamboo shoots to give away.

I also have a dynamic painting to give away to anyone who needs it for their museum.

How do villagers get in boxes and why can't they be brought back to life?

I also have some lucky clovers to give away.

How many?

Just one

I also have a sporty floor, a Savannah floor, to give away.

I think you have your names mixed up.

You're right. I meant Saharah.

There are worse mistakes, I guess.

I think Saharah is fine as a girl but I'm not sure if the same applies for Gracie. Not into crossdressing but the whole flamboyant fashionista thing is amusing.

>Slaps him for no reason
This is why she is shit

Katie's in my town. Will anyone take her?

The effect NGE had in impressionable young minds.

What has NGE to do with this?

Shinji got slapped a lot by Asuka who was supposedly his love interest.

It's awfully quiet in here lately.

>Shinji got slapped a lot by Asuka who was supposedly his love interest.
There's so much wrong with that sentence that I don't know how to answer. Anyways NGE didn't invented that trope, it already existed back in the 80's and NGE didn't popularized it either, you can blame that faggot of Ken Akamatsu for that.

I didn't say NGE invented it, just that it made a great impact with it.

Still need to relocate Katie

I can take her. Let me open my gates

>great impac
Heh.

Gate's open

I haven't seen much good Gracie fan art. This is a nice one.

If I do have to restart, do you think I should aim for native cherries?

I wouldn't bother much for the native fruit but if you really like cherries then go for it. When I restarted I just chose the map with the least number of ponds

NGE popularized a lot of anime clichés (e.g., organic mechas, Rei-archetype, mentally unstable pilots) but you can thank Love Hina for popularizing the "tsundere-abusive love interest" character.

I was just thinking since regulars seem to have the others taken care of.

this. as someone who was aiming for good tree/retail/town hall placement along with a good river and cherries, i eventually gave up trying to get fruit with it too.
once you're settled in just chop down your native trees and plant cherries.

So as someone thinking about buying this game, how dead/alive is it? Am I better off just waiting for the next Animal Crossing game?

Then you wouldn't have perfect fruit.

That won't be for a while, user

I've thoroughly enjoyed it, and I will continue to do so.

but like, have i missed the party, so to speak? i am potentially starting it very late.

There are some event items that aren't obtainable anymore, that is pretty much it.

yeah, i was around when the game was newer and the community has really gotten small. it's still reasonably active, as you can tell by lurking the general, but it's not super busy anymore

Yeah, I thought so too.

I think that Freya also has an unfairly low amount of decent fanart.

>Didn't you say you bully the shit out of your villagers?
yeh

shiiiit, muh rainier cherries
i thought i could plant perfect trees in a non native town, i just hadnt gotten around to trading for them yet
TIME TO REROLL

>start the game
>everything is closed
i guess i will just sleep in my tent and wait for tomorrow

Then why the fuck would anyone want you to adopt their villagers?

i'm excited though, i've never played an animal crossing game but this looks really comfy and exactly what i was looking for

Or you could just grow your native perfect fruit.

peaches are about as shit as this clown joker im trying to get out of my town

You're going to get so comfy it won't make sense, user, especially after about two weeks.

how long do i have to do requests because i need to catch an ocean fish and replace a gargloid with something the same size and i have no fishing rod and no furnature

You don't have to do any of it. If you go to the town hall and keep bugging Isabelle for advice, she'll hook you up with some tools and a new type of fruit.

Also, soon there will be more things available to do at night time.

I thought the only way to get the 10th/last villager was to get them from the campsite/from someone's town when they're in boxes?

Pate is moving in to my town even though I've never been to a town with him in it, and he's never been in my campsite.

I don't see why that's relevant, but I stopped bullying my villagers a while back. It's too much work. I've found it's best to simply ignore them, especially Simon and Monty.

Although now with Pate unexpectedly moving in, I'll probably start bullying again, but only Pate this time.

Speaking of this, what was everyone's first AC game? Mine was City Folk which I got along with a Wii back in Christmas 2008.

Yeah, right now I can't bug Isabelle for advice because she keeps repeating that I still haven't met a villager but that's because it is nighttime and he is asleep.

I just don't want to not do the requests and have the villagers be mad at me.

Wild World on the DS

Don't worry, what you right now won't have any effect on the relationships with them really. You can finish it up in the morning. They aren't really quests anyway, just suggestions. If you continue following her advice tomorrow you can get 'dem free tools.

>I thought the only way to get the 10th/last villager was to get them from the campsite/from someone's town when they're in boxes?
>Pate is moving in to my town even though I've never been to a town with him in it, and he's never been in my campsite.
You can get villagers via streetpass and from the void of other players

Wild World.

I like the butt trees.

Are you the new user? Who else is in your town?

That isn't me unless someone else just started tonight/recently.

I have twiggy the bird, opal the elephant, cally the squirrel, kabuki the cat, and al the ??? (asleep so i cannot meet him to get isabelle to tell me to do more things)

Evangelionfags in a nutshell.

This is what they actually believe.

Not the new user, was replying to him.

hey i liked nge without being a fucking idiot :(

Twiggy a cute

Keep crying, faggot.

Don't even reply to me until you educate yourself you filthy casual.

Now now boys, can't we settle this with a good old fashion knife fight?

>rape

yeah they all seem cool. also i looked it up and al is apparently a gorilla, but for now he sleeps.

I hope you like Al, user. Gorilla villagers aren't very popular and they rarely get adopted. Maybe at least one of them will find a good home in your town

I've been missing my game so much, but it's been two years since I've played last. I had the perfect town, with the best villagers, everything I'd ever wanted... Everything was flawless. But if I try to play now, obviously everything's going to be fucked. Should I reset and make a new town, /acg/?

He is apparently a "lazy" type, and frankly the thought of a lazy gorilla reminds me of both the laid-back DK and Slaking, who admittedly is not a gorilla but definitely resembles one.

While I haven't met him, I couldn't be happier with my villagers, though I have nothing to compare them to. Right now I'm just loving how standing still, it pans up to the moon. I hope none of my villagers ever leave, which is apparently a thing they sometimes do.

you can pancake batter and [spoiler[hugging

I've also been considering starting a new town to play alongside my little sister once I get an SD card to finally get cfw on her 3ds. It's been too long since I've last played and I know I'll feel guilty if I go back. All I need now is a name for the new town.

I'm such a baby and I'm so sore that I'm going to lose my favorite villagers by restarting, but after two years, of course they've all fucking moved away. I almost want to time travel but I don't know when I last played it anyway.

Let's build a new town together, user.

Only one villager can move (in or out) at most when you stop playing for a long period of time, usually your favorite.

Letting a villager move isn't so bad if they get adopted. If you're sure the person adopting them will give them a good home it's a good experience

What, really? Is there any way to avoid that? It's been so damn long since I played I can't remember the fine details.

I've never really gotten into Veeky Forums "communities" before because they always seem too established and close-knit to enter late, but I'd totally be down with chilling with you guys. Though I probably won't be able to start until this weekend because starting early tomorrow morning I have to help with a garage sale so the house can finally go for sale.

As you mentioned you can set the internal clock of your 3DS back to the last day you played, just check your activity log first to be sure of the date. Also every time you log with one of your characters the game saves your data so don't check your town before time traveling backwards.

Please keep the thread alive overnight, guys

Quiz:

What's the best fruit?
Is there a tree behind your Town Hall?
Laughed with a villager today?
Left the game without saving this week?
Shot down a balloon today?
Made a Pro Design this week?
Is your favorite villager sleeping right now?
Talked with your least favorite villager today?
Had a cup of coffee at The Roost Café toay?

Shit, I can't thank you enough. Now I can keep playing from the last save date. Didn't know it kept an activity log. I'm so grateful for this damn app.

>What's the best fruit?
Ass-fruit
>Is there a tree behind your Town Hall?
A row of trees
>Laughed with a villager today?
Actually yes, Mira implied that I was creepy for visiting her during the night
>Left the game without saving this week?
No
>Shot down a balloon today?
No, already have the gold medal
>Made a Pro Design this week?
No.
>Is your favorite villager sleeping right now?
All of them are sleeping right now.
>Talked with your least favorite villager today?
I don't have a least favorite villager but I talk to everyone in my town.
>Had a cup of coffee at The Roost Café toay?
Yes, just like yesterday and the day before

>What's the best fruit?
>Is there a tree behind your Town Hall?
>Laughed with a villager today?
>Left the game without saving this week?

>Shot down a balloon today?
>Made a Pro Design this week?
>Is your favorite villager sleeping tight now?
>Talked with your least favorite villager today?
>Had a cup of coffee at The Roost Café today

Already know, but I don't care. I'm just bumping the thread

holy shit i didn't catch that

also when did will smith become a meme?