ORKZ edition.

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Launch Trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=YSBWwnOHvM8
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iB-j9ilCrT4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE BLOOD KNIGHTS???

Fuck you, and fuck your End Times.

Turns out, the way to win against Señor Cloaca is to make a lot of friends.

What the fuck CA? Where is the gore? am I serisly going to have to spend money on it again? and people defend this company? what the fucK?

I shouldn't have to deal with this no-gore bullshit, I am an M-rated person.

wtf is vigour

3rd for Quest Battles are hard as everloving fuck.

>tfw CA includes Blood Knights in the blood and gore dlc

Whoever is not a retard with Chaos please give me advice how to go to battle, I'm new and a fucking retard.

I got the tippest toppest units for my battle with low-tier, but numerous greenskins and got floored. I used no giants.

Reminder that there is literally no reason to use spears instead of halberds

Spears are monster killers, and most monsters are armored anyways so halberd armor piercing is more useful than a fucking shield. Armor piercing also lets halberds do better than shit against enemy lords

Make Karak Great Again

So how am I supposed to destroy the chaos clans in the north without losing my entire army to attrition?

What's the general recommendation for playing as VC? Tech and all

What? How am I supposed to go all the way down there with an undead army, and then be able to fight anything?

KING IN THE NORTH

How tired your guys get

The hardest part is fucking getting to them.

Use the fucking Teleport feature.

Click the quest battle and use the teleport

walk 50% and then swap to encamp

it'll take a while but it's doable

The last stand of Grimgor.

You can pay to teleport for the quest, costs 5k (don't know if it varies by faction) and brings you back after

>letting the Empire get eviscerated by Chaos in the process

Good job, you rockjew.

>A few hundred stunties
>Defeating the Orc that laid waste to ALL the armies of Hell Pit, by himself.

Absolutely disgraceful desu

What's even the point of that?
Would be better to place it at locations hard to reach but at least doable without teleporting around

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I just finished consolidating the badlands and I was preparing to send a huge WAAAGH! North through the mountains to get Grimgor's quest items and finish off the dwarves, when Chaos fucking shits decide to button hook around the Empire, through Brettonia, and hit me in the north of my territory. I lost one whole province of settlements in the first few turns before I could even get armies to fight them.

CHAOS SHITS GET OUT, GO KEK CARL FRANZ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They rejected my trade agreement several times. Karl Franz had his name added to the Book of Grudges.

I've never liked the Total War campaigns and this one is no different so I've just been doing them through the battle menu.

>you can just fucking fast travel

gg CA you fucking trolled me after trawling Balthesar all over the fucking Old World

How do I do that? I'm at work.

Empire is boring as shit, you can't do fuck all

Also how the hell is it possible that I make a lot more money as greenskin? And disregarding that I just sacked a settlement for 15k!

Why is there no victory cinematic/cutscene for total war warhammer? or even just a comment from the advisor

The button is right next to the Zoom to location button

It costs some resources to use though.

Chariots are shit in every other TW game.

Is it the same here?

bottom right button in the quest window, costs gold

are orks really as annoying to play as I'm hearing?
Currently having a lot of fun with my vampire campaign but It's not going to last much more than another 50~ turns
they look like a lot of fun but everyone complaining about them makes them sound tedious to play

A word of advice to anyone who may not have played yet

Invest in campaign movement range immediately on your lords

Shit's ridiculous trying to catch these armies

In my game I had 3 full chaos stacks (including mr turkey) right next to a quest location, so I would have to move a lot of my stacks there just so I could finish it.

So teleport can be good, at a cost. So whatever, either use it or "roleplay" and don't.

So how is the game lads? As good as the reviews say? I want to buy it but I'm wait to upgrade my PC first because I want to be able to play it in beautiful detail. I can run Attila fine but I want more.

-Use mounted marauders to take out light cav/war machines
-pin the Boys with warriors, then cyclecharge them in the back with knights
-have some warriors/chosen with halberds standing by to counter boar cav or monsters

post garrison lord names

I haven't played Rome 2 or Attila, how do I get ai to agree to trade agreements? I have so many resources I'd be rich as fuck if I could just trade with someone but I guess the AI is worried I'd be too rich? Do I need to destroy some of my resource buildings or something?

It's okay, not great, not bad
I'd even say it's a good game, but not a very good TW
It's been made with dumb dumbs in mind clearly

>Mash One-Finger

I'm playing Greenskins and I just spent like 30k sack things until I make money and live my life in a -3k a turn world while still having a lot of money.

This is only during times where I have to get massive armies to purge off a force. Otherwise you just sit and raid and sack and never lose fightiness or money.

They literally have money all over. And if you lose a ton of units in a battle, you don't even have to pay them. And you gain loot after a battle too? Like that's insane.

2k For winning the battle. I lose some guys I don't have to pay. +More money. +27k for sacking. Then I occupy the settlement. Rebellion starts, kill them for more money. It's endless money.

youtube.com/watch?v=iB-j9ilCrT4

Alright, I can wait a while. Not even a Warhammer fan, do like fantasy though.

>tfw no sweet delicious elves yet

>I can run Attila fine but I want more.
Warhammer seems to run a lot better than Attila does.

Their fun as shit, you just need to realize that until you have a lot of clay and a lot of "piles of shinies" you have to be extremely aggressive and loot or sack everything.

I regret not trying to confederate more and instead wasting time trying to just conquer all of the badlands.

70 turns in and I almost have all the Badlands

I hope some modders lets us start as a Vamp faction on the far side near Bretonnia, even if its just reusing the faction over there

>until you have a lot of clay and a lot of "piles of shinies" you have to be extremely aggressive and loot or sack everything.
would you elaborate on this a bit more?
things to look out for starting out as da orkz
vampires are pretty straight forward with their corruption so I don't want to fuck up too hard on my first go at orkz

It's good, in fact I think it's great.

The campaign map gameplay is the biggest downside, simplified and at times even frustrating.

Battles are the big upside, I would argue they're the best the series have every seen, so many completely distinct units instead of just the same dozen or so unit types with varying stats copy-pasted across factions.

If you like fantasy shit the experience will be greatly enhanced, if not, well, you know.

>I can run Attila fine but I want more.

If you can run Attila fine then you can run this better, that's one thing that is completely undeniable about this game, it runs fucking beautifully.

How do I lock unit formation? I can't seem to find a way to do it. If I use group the units all spread out in a line when I advance them as a group, instead of reforming their current formation in the place I am telling them to move.

God bless Dwarven fortifications

How do you know these things? How did you learn?

Yeah but I still want to upgrade my PC before I do anything because since Rome 2 (which was admittedly an unoptimised piece of shit) I've not been able to run on big full dick graphical settings. Want to upgrade so I can run TW games on higher settings without bother for the foreseeable future.

>The campaign map gameplay is the biggest downside, simplified and at times even frustrating.

Yeah I was worried about that, especially when I found out that generals don't age and conquering certain provinces was restricted based on race. One thing I liked about TATW was getting to the point where all the characters had children that succeeded them or having an Elven ran Dwarvern mine for laughs.

when you make a group, press that little lock button next to their group number, press it

there's also an option in the menu that locks formation automatically when grouping

Not him but £'ve beem super agressive and it paid off..

The main dwarf faction will attack tou with a doomstack with the faction leader early on, my best adive would be to abandon whatever you're doing at that point and focus on destroying their 2 stacks, then right after make peace with the dwarfs.

This will cover your northern border for a whil and you'll be free yo focus on the greeenskins south and the dwarfs on the south east, main settlement should always have the boss banner for public order, mi or settlements should go shinies>growth>garrison and walls upgrade in order

Aldo sack when there's more than 3k early on, you can always occupy next turn

>Only dwarf city left on the map is level 5 Karak Dron
>Theres a 20 stack of Organ Guns, longbeards, and trollhammer torpedo guys led by a level 30 Thorgrim

How can I crack this nut without getting butchered so much that I can't stop the chaos hordes /twg/?

Not him but TW experience from playing for years

Can someone make a mod to remove the chaos cunts from the game?

Who's the best melee Lord aside from Chaos?

I want to build up my very own terminator.

Thanks.

>put army next to it
>siege
>wait till autowin

That was easy.

just siege the city and starve them out
when besieged, AI often won't attack and just starve to death even if the odds are greatly in their favor

>How do you know these things? How did you learn?
Blitzing through the Chaos Campaign.
Though a lot of it comes from having played previous TW games.
You'll get better as you go along, don't worry.

Lemme rephrase, how do I beat them without abusing siege mechanics because this is likely the biggest battle I'll get this campaign and want the fun without the ensuing slaughter by my other enemies.

Playin orcs as far as unit reference goes

So why bother with knights and warriors when instead I can get halberds and lancers with just a bit more cash?

Poo-poo
Pee-pee.

grimgor

Can I raze my own settlements? If I'm being besieged from multiple fronts and would rather retreat to a secure location on one and burn everything to the ground, can I?

Karl Franz

You could always attack them with a weaker army to do your best to soften them up. Bring an army of catapults and Giants to smash them up long before you engage and some Shamans to burn them from afar.

Bring Three Armies. One of Catas and Monsters to attack the walls. And when they are all dead attack with the last two. Siege wave it.

Black Orc spam with some supporting monsters. A shaman buffer might be good too.

This seems like prime material for a peepee-poopoo comic.

Doomstacks, with reinforcing doomstacks

OY LADZ, EZ ERE ES OWR PILLAR

Are steam tanks worth crashing my economy for?

How does twg feel about there being no matched combat animations (besides for big baddies)?

It seems like no matter what, there will always be people complaining.

I'm sure someone has asked this already but why the fuck isn't the game just called Total Warhammer? The back to back wars makes the current title so awkward

DESIGNATED SHITTING PILLARS

It's a good thing, combat is still fun to watch so I don't miss it

Warriors are more tanky than halberds; you want them to take the brunt of the assault without huge losses.

I actually meant Knight's with lances.
Sword knights a a tad more versatile, but between the two it really comes down to personal preference.

Does anyone have an extra copy?

Doesn't bother me overly much since the matched combat animations never felt that natural to me.

Because its part 1 of 3. This is just the beginning.

sure drop your steam

I'm getting conflicting nessages

YES

Because then people wonder why they are selling a game about warhammers

Really?

It's so much fucking better.

I would rather have unit collision that actually works than combat that looks a bit flashier.

Trademark issues.

>big strong ork
or
>puny hummie

In my greens kind campaign the top knots took the west half of the badlands, they are much ally and Mash One finger is their leader

steamcommunity.com/id/SyggRiverGuide

What about the ginger dwarf?

I've heard hes pretty good

You aren't me. ;_;

It actually feels better like a smoother Medieval 2.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

What happens if your dwarf grudge becomes impossible?

Like defeating a faction in battle but the faction gets destryoed?

what's a good resource for players new to TW? i'm playing as empire on normal difficulty and i can't even beat other human provinces, they show up with like 3 lords with full 20 stacks and i get destroyed on like turn 20.

>match combat
>my cav comes in and does nothing because they are having a muh drawn out duel

Because it would be a giant head-ache in terms of licencing.

Total War and Warhammer are two distinct pieces of intellectual property, that fact is still true even though they are crossing over.

>No Bloodthirster
>No Great Unclean One
>No Keeper of Secrets
>no minor demons

>Albion is a dark chaos cuck island not the beacon of civilisation
Shit game desu

>1,000 hours in dota
I don't feel you deserve it

this is the problem with not posting your steam
I actually gift people regularly, especially in christmas threads.