Reiksguard edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Launch Trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=YSBWwnOHvM8
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

old thread
boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/thread/143361687#top

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2zjSmxWEdtQ
steamspy.com/app/364360
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw can't run Warhammer

life is suffering

Empire Players:

Do you guys prefer to spend your Warrior Priest's skill points in the campaign map abilities tree, or the battlefield abilities tree?

Why have you come.... Why should the Hattori listen???!!

do you remember the times when lance cav also had swords, people were reloading their guns and use stairs to get on top of the walls?

young people those days are missing a lot

We Takeda do not like failure...

vamp tiddis are best

Does anyone know how the fuck I can get my Vampire Counts army into the Badlands without shrivelling?

move them in raiding stance...you can only move half the range but you wont suffer attrition.

but if you want to get to the questbattles you could just teleport there by klicking at the questmarker and pay 5000 with a button at the bottom right corner

Is it worth expanding East as the Empire early game? I'm worried I'll get roflstomped by the vampire cunts.

Also, what's better VS zeds/skellies: crossbowmen or handgunners?

I'M FED UP WITH CHAOS TAKING FEROCIOUS DUMPS ON MY EMPIRE ARMIES
FELLOW SIGMARITES post your EXACT army builds because I can't into empire, their fragility versus DAEMONS is throwing me off

This game loads for forever!
youtube.com/watch?v=2zjSmxWEdtQ

witch hunters
one row of spear men and behind every one a witch hunter pointing at something

>warhammer game
>no in-game army painter

you had one job Creative Assembly.

one.

job.

wow AI can't handle a dwarven siege for shit

they literally just stand there whilst you kill all their dudes.

and once you smash the gate down they put units right in front to block it just so they can just be shot down.

So, should I use miners to smash gates? Or are they just a cheap ambush unit?

How do I get a general speech? I've only had it once as the dwarves. Also, I apparently suck rocks at this game, I've lost two campaigns around turn 50 to enemy heroes auto killing everything

how do i git gud at warhammer.

playing empire

HOW DO I DEAL WITH EXALTED HEROES

my equal level agents have sub 15% chance to kill them

there fucking up my public order

>losing corruption in my starting vampire province

why

IDK,

>play chaos because fuck everything I just want to reeeep
>having a good time exterminating the norscan insects
>all I can build is Norscan marauders
>build a second army
>You are going bankrupt
>your army is getting attrition in the lands you raced
>wtf chaos isnt supposed to need cities
>go west
>Northern dwarfs destroy me with doom stacks
>manage to sack their port town
>another doomstack fucks my shit up
>fuck dwarfs going to take out kisleve
>literally a massive stack in a tiny town
>try to take them
>get BTFO "close defeat"
>head back towards my starting area to turtle
>fucking Kislev has colonized the first place I razed (Modded)
>ANOTHER FULL FUCKING STACK
>its only turn 12
>get my shit rocked
>campaign is fucked
>realize my two armies have been killing each other for 3 turns

how the fuck do you play chaos.

You download the mod that removes hostile agent actions by the AI ;)

pls respond

mods

CA were too lazy to balance their game so they're letting their consumers/customers do the hard work for them.

they learned from todd howard

I can't join any multiplayer games. Hate to be a noob but how the fuck do you check for updates on steam?

Jesus christ playing dwarves really is suffering against these fuckhuge stacks of WAAAGH and goddamn greenskins everywhere. Turn 23 on medium and they have 4 doomstacks against my two, not to mention 2 more on the way

>how the fuck do you play chaos

>get horde growth bonuses
>build some chaos warriors
>win the fucking campaign

>playing dwarves
>may as well be playing 'orcs must die'

>how the fuck do you greentext

So much this, one of the funnest part of the DoW series
>ywn troll people with your offensive banners
Like removing sprays from counterstrike, best part of the metagame

Playing orcs sucks the same way but in reverse. >Tiny armies of ubermidgets roll up and Archie Bunker steamrolls you in his Chair of +5 Fatassery

How worthwhile is giving gifts? Ideally it would open up trade agreement options, defensive treaties, and so on down the line from there, but I don't know if it's a good investment or not. I have no other way to get reputation because the people they are warring are across the map and I have no access anyway

>tfw the gods have abandoned us

>Owners: 288,187 ± 13,536
D E A D
E
A
D
steamspy.com/app/364360

>my feet hurt
>i wish i was at home praising sigmar
>I wonder what Stefan is doing
>implying this hurts

>Norman/Celt hybrids born ugly as sin
>spend the next eight centuries overcompensating
Britfags are the ultimate manlet.

lots of rifles
lots of halberds
lots of greatswords
a witch hunter
and karl franz on a griffon

I like getting the reduced chaos influence and then pump the rest into battlefield abilitied

>3 maxxed out reduce x influence
>put them all in one isolated region
>-0.3% per turn
FUCKING
WHY

I didn't expect a Total War game to catch the feeling of Warhammer this good, but after 136 turns of Greenskins I have to say my campaign could be straight out of an army books anecdotes

There's no speeches, except for quest battles

And most factions have some cheesy way to deal with heroes, mostly witch hunters giving them the middle finger, shadow leeching or just getting the better lords, that or just tie them down with trash units while you rout the main army

>Namefagging

it's so good man
also my story
>waagh ends
>decide to war greenskins again
>start taking there land with little to no trouble
>have a grudge against grimgor
>lets see where he is
>he's buttfucking the border prince kingdoms and nowhere near the badlands
holy kek what a retard

I've been playing stellaris and now i'm sick of it.

Is this worth getting?
Is it good?

fuck tons of artillery namely rocket batteries since chaos armies have fuck tons of them. In much of my empire armies I did 6-7.

then add 2 steam tanks and a lot of good infantry.

it's basically a game of wittle them down before they shit stomp your infantry

what's better
spearmen with shields
or halberdiers

keep running you fuck

Against monsters, halberdiers

Against cavalry, spearmen

I'd say so. It's way superior to Stellaris.

Is this pirateable?
Are there cracks and torrents and such out?

>20 turns or so into Empire campaign
>Checking through diplomacy for someone who wants to trade
>Talabecland is up for confederating
>Do it without looking at their diplomatic status
>Get Talabheim and whatever its village is called
>Two 20/20 Middenland stacks next to it
>The only army I got for it was some half-rekt bullshit in Talabheim
>They attack the city and just sack it when they're done

End of battle result

It also seems like sieges against an actual army defending the city is going to be very hard

Shhh only dreams now.

no

Well, the multiplayer is yet again a total fucking disaster from a balancing perspective.

>just wanna wake up for tomorrow already
>not in bed yet

CA TURN ON ARENA BACK!!!
I grew depended on it,

how to beat chaos as vampire counts?

incase they invade me

How in the unholy fuck do I start out as Chaos? Aside from the first norscan settlements, the dwarfs and Kislev around me are rampaging around with full stacks of shit, and I can't go anywhere.

don't play them on legendary unless you can beat a full stack with a half stack, this has been true for every total war game so far

>capture province
>high level barracks and income building
>occupy and it all disappears
>capture another one
>low level barracks and income building
>this time i keep them and it converts them to my race

seriously what fucking determines this

Couldnt day user as im llayjng legendary, i use them for buttering uo thr dwarves while sacking orcs just before a treaty i want *like mil access*
Foreign agents providing more of their religion then yours, in short build more corruption spreadeds than upgrade them, all of my captured areas have 2/3 settlements with upgraded oned . Also use banshee as a middle finger to enemy agents as she is the best at it.

Also once again legendary difficulty so you might not need to go as far as i have .

I've marched straight out of kislev hugging their swamps at the south to the ostermark and ramaged there without any threat to myself.

En anglais, svp.

Oh jeez, this question comes up few times every thread.
Basically you
>invest in horde growth
>avoid other armies while sacking unprotected settlements
>unlock chaos warriors ASAP

Also fuck my spelling im so drunk, my r9280 blew up and took my psu/mobo this morning, drowning my sorrows. Make manfred proud user fuck them all and upgrade skeles/zombies early

So how many times do you have to kill the Bird for him to sta dead?

Let them fight it out with the Empire if you can and then pick off isolated/weak armies. Kill their Lord asap, pin their units with zombie tar-pits and then hammer them with cav. Terrorghiest was very useful for making them rout fast after ganking their leader. Grave guard are pretty survivable against chaos infantry. Use your anti-leadership spells while your terror-inducing units are chewing on them. I also used the banshee to assassinate their leaders. Mannfred is pretty good at killing enemy Lords and heroes.

>chaos hard
>shitstomp northern tribes
>awaken them to get legendary leader
>invade Kizlev
>awakened tribes immediately declare war on each other
>choose to side with varg so I dont lose both allies
>skaeling obliterate them within a few turns
>nordland and empire doomstacks out of nowhere
>to attrited to deal with skaeling shitters in the north
guess its time to kite them all around the chaos wastes for a few turns before restarting

wont be showing mercy to those northern cunts next time though

i figured it out, thanks though. im rolling over empire territory with my hordes of undead and corrupting fast. it's glorious. also that bashee rapes.

>want to remove 'Great Power' debuff with mod kit
>its like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles with your dick

Any Dwarf players want to post their army compositions? I'm trying to decide on if my army is too ranged reliant or not.

>amd card blows up

all the melee seems like absolute shit, at least on very hard. despite what the stats tell me they get tied up by fucking goblin spearmen and other trash units even if they're flanked. i've just been rolling with the absolute bare minimum to keep a front line and flanks secure and then rolling maximum dakka and nothing touches me

See
Doing grand work user, if you are lucky enough to get a ruby ring of ruin(enchanted fireball ring which uses no magic.Stick it on a flying manfred for a 300 range artillery death fireball that never misses)

Right now I'm also debating if I should invest in the more advanced ranged units too, like the Iron Drakes or Thunderers.

I feel like they'd either be OP or crap.

oh yeah, i got that ring. its fucking dope. brostein is only on a pony atm though,

Time to smash these stunty gits once and for all

How do you keep entire army moving in a formation that you formed before the start of battle?
If i "Ctrl+A" and point to location then they start spreading out to the side and i have to create a formation once again.
Even worse, sometimes you create formation if you accidentally form it upon right clicking on a location.

Your computer is shit.

ctrl + G, then click on the padlock

I think ctrl + shift + G locks it automatically, not entirely sure

Hover over that little lock button when you make control groups user pretty sure its that

i'm not far enough for drakes yet but thunderers are good to mix in for armored units. quarrelers seem to be better overall for a lot of units but having the thunderers available for black orcs and shit has helped tremendously. if you have the cash a couple grudge throwers don't hurt either.

Select all the units you wanna move and ALT + Drag them wherever you want

Create a control group and hit ctrl + G or click the lock button. Then you can click and drag and your formation will stay intact.

Are Greatswords a straight upgrade from Swordsmen or do they serve a different role?

>tfw besieged Karaz a Karak with 4 stacks and 3 waagh armies
>the battle was complete chaos
>couldn't see shit because the cave is dark as a trolls ass

less tanky more damage

Literally the easiest race m8

Not actually true. Greatswords have way more armour and more health. Swords have shields but that still won't make up for the enormous armour difference.

Greatswords are basically a straight-up upgrade.

....am I supposed to be taking these massive losses as Vampire Counts? Like a small battle against Templehofs and I lost 700ish troops.

My army right now is made of mainly Skeltals and Zombies. Is this...normal?

What kind of army comps should I be looking for in the future?

Dont use zombies

Make good use of your hero

Keep rezzing skellys in battle

And keep in mind youll always lose lots of weak zombies and skellys but theyre basically just necromancer playthings

Rollan!

Rolling

yo nigga let me suck that cock

>Start making alliances and relationships as the Empire
>end up bogged down in a million little wars

fuck me lads, is this how it's supposed to feel being the leader of mankind?

>none of which affect gameplay

Fuck my bad. It wasn't linked in the old thread.

Is this endgame yet? If yes that's literally retarded version of Attila, because he just lost almost half of his force during assault on the plain garrison.

Someone have the Rome 2 or Attila one? I'm all Warhammered out for now.