Just wondering:

Just wondering:
Is there anyone on Veeky Forums who has actually EARNED $1million or more?

With earned I mean:
>through work
>having a business
>stocks
>...

NOT:
>My family is rich and that's why I am, too.
>Inheritance
>Lottery or similar lucky win
>...

I highly doubt legit millionaires go on Veeky Forums, Unless their whole work is done on the computer.

There are millionaires on Veeky Forums. Veeky Forums has all sorts of people.

nobody

Working on it, but I'm a Doctor.

that picture is utter bullshit lol

It's basically to see if there are people here who had success and have knowledge to discuss with, or (besides those who want to learn, too) just "wannabes" who talk and act big but there's nothing behind if you're asking something.

Shhh, also don't point out that it's a copy of someone else's work but re-purposed to claim that the global elite is Jewish.

Your right, elites dont exist...

Sorry.

ihazmillions is a tripfag who sometimes goes on Veeky Forums, isn't very active anymore tho.

I don't believe anyone here who claims he made a million if he doesn't provides some prove though.

thats not the part thats bullshit. im aware those are wealthy people. but the whole jew thing? its pretty embellished. not all those people are jews. take your tinfoil hat off man

I have but I don't usually hang out on Veeky Forums.

/an/ is my regular board.

I'm an environmental contractor. Have been for the last 14 years. My business is worth more than a million dollars, and it has made me millions over the years.

a million is not as much as you think is. My biz makes millions every year, but it spends them too.

That's not the point. The point is the manipulation of perception when it was re-purposed by neo-nazi shills.

>Rockefeller
>Baptist, but represented by Murrican flag
>Clinton
>Murrican, but represented by Baptist flag
>All Jews, ethnic or religious, practicing or not, not represented by national flag but by religious icon

Basically stormfronters get their propaganda by re-framing class issues as race/religious issues and reposting it. It isn't even smooth.

even if there are people here who made a million, they're probably pretty specialized, and won't be able to help the average Veeky Forums newfag asking "how do i make $".

I'm working for a startup atm and my boss has a good chance of becoming a millionaire if all goes well. He is pretty smart, but I'm sure he won't be able to provide any other advice than "work hard, don't give up".

hm.. too bad.
Du you by chance know how he achieved this goal?

About myself:
I'm currently running an online software business, but the profit is nowhere near my lowest expectations.
Now I'm kinda looking out for tips for improvement or alternatives.

graduated at a commercial high school.
And studied applied informatics for a while (didn't finish though, yet have to say in the time after leaving the university i learned more than at the time i was there)

thats not even the part i have a problem with. they went beyond minipulation to full blown lying. they have ackermann and melinda gates both listed as jews and i know theyre catholic. without doing any research at all that image is fake and gay /pol/ level shit

Hi, thanks for your reply.

>a million is not as much as you think is
I am very well aware of this.
I just took this as the first hurdle people try to pass to ask for, here.

>environmental contractor
recently something similar crossed my mind, land and housing is always needed and seems to pay well.
But that probably also means you had some seed capital for this, right?

Well yes, the more you pick at it the more you find. It would be hilarious if you didn't know that people actually bought into it.

started or worked at some kind of law firm, I think he also was trading, had a lot of his money in stocks, not sure tho.

>online software business
sounds cool, what are you selling.

If you have your house paid for, in most parts of the US you can live on less than $20,000 a year on a very comfortable life; i.e. $1million is more than ample for this.
Obviously, this precludes children, but there's a well known blogger raising a kid, retired at 30 something with less than $1 million in assets.

TLDR $1 million is more than enough if you live like you will never work again.

what can I do to make quick cash.. I'm homeless

>you had some seed capital for this, right?
no.
I bought a janitorial company from my sister in law, I paid for it by working for free for a year.

I did all the cleaning work, she got all the checks. $75k is what I paid her that year.

She had several industrial hazardous waste contracts, I just concentrated on those and built the business using pareto principles.

It took me one year to pay for the company, a second year to dump low paying clients and pursue industrial contracts. At the end of my second year I had my first million dollars gross under contract and I've just grown from there.

I've had setbacks, fall of 2008 was rough and I spent most of '09 on vacation because there wasn't much work to be done. But overall it's just been an upward slide.

>$1 million is more than enough if you live like you will never work again
I have expensive tastes.

>sounds cool, what are you selling.
Did probably the worst decision with that: video games, for the most part mobile.
Been taking games apart and analized their workings since i was a kid.
But making a hobby to your job can really kill your enjoyment for it, especially when it's not working out. And this can really break you.

Also did freelance with it.
But the working conditions (deadlines, doing some stuff in their offices) and sometimes ridiculous clients are killing me.

>pareto principles

i see, so you were a little lucky you had that sister in law, but worked your way up by taking that chance.

Really thanks for telling your story!

I was lucky in that I never would have taken this path without that happening.

But now that I've done it I realize anyone could with $0 down if they knew how.

Most of my contracts expire every year, I essentially rebuild my business from scratch every year. It becomes routine after a while.

yea game industry is tough, I'm feeling like I'm starting my carreer now, doing internships, working as a trainee etc.
Working at a small tech startup atm as a trainee hardware dev., it's actually really fun but I'm just itching to make some real money or start my own company. Can't really seem to find a good enough idea for a product tho.

I will have a million in like 30 years, does that count?

I just mean she was spending 80% of her time making 20% of her money. Mostly on residential cleaning work and stuff like window washing and carpet cleaning.

meanwhile 80% of her money was coming from 20% of her labor- the high paying industrial and government contracts.

so I just dumped the lower paying jobs and concentrated on getting higher paying ones. I turn down lots of work. I don't want lots of work. I want a little work that pays lots. I bid 20% lower than the next guy on work I want, so I usually get it.

If you can say that with certainty, i guess so.
But you have my doubts.

>I don't want lots of work. I want a little work that pays lots. I bid 20% lower than the next guy on work I want, so I usually get it.

Good thing to keep in mind.
Technically it's obvious, but if you aren't used to it you can easily overlook something as simple as that.

seems really simple to me, but apparently nobody in my wife's family thought of it.

lower your prices if you can, you're better off making 80% of the going rate 100% of the time than 100% of the going rate 20% of the time.

but if contractors in general understood this I'd be out of business. I compete nationally with companies large and small, I almost always win.

what do you do for a living?

I think this gave me an idea of what i could try doing.

Something like this in terms of pay for freelance work is hardly doable with software development though.
There are just too many people offering their services online.

But i could overthink my own projects with something like this in mind.

read the thread, highlight his posts

I'm retired, I have been for 12 years now.

My company does hazardous waste removal for industry and government. That could be cleaning up asbestos or moving dump truck loads of dirt with lead in it. We do lots of things.

My involvement is low. I deal with clients when it's time to bid jobs, and I watch my manager's performance and answer any questions he has.

Other than that I shitpost on Veeky Forums and travel.

where can i apply for a job?

yeah, one of the secrets to what I do comes down to competition.

cleaning houses doesn't pay shit because anyone can do it.

cleaning businesses pays better because all those cleaning people don't know how to get insurance. There's a barrier to entry that weeds out most of the competition.

Cleaning hazardous waste for businesses has even more layers of paperwork and certifications to navigate, so it pays even more.

your product or service needs to be specialized enough that not everyone can do it if you plan on making more than the average guy.

otherwise you have to bid low and hope to make it up on volume, but lots of people do that.

I've had the same 22 people working for me for the last decade. We don't hire. Nobody quits because they're making bank. One of my crew is the sister in law I bought the company from.