imgur.com/a/XhBxC (DeS)
collageanon.imgur.com/
flockmod.com/dsg

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10315287
pastebin.com/jqKQj426
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pontiff Sulyvahn.

Does the Chloranty ring make a big difference? Like its a must have ring in most builds.

Okay, I think something needs to be made abundantly clear.
SONYKEKS ARE A CANCER TO THIS COMMUNITY.
All you do is scream "pcuck! pcuck!" Even though you're the real cucks. Your "exclusive" soul series left you for a better man. PC is fucking your series right in front of your face while you watch impotently. And all you can do is go and fuck your wife's sister in some petty attempt at revenge (this analogy refers to Bloodborne, incase you didn't understand - I know the minds of you sonycucks chug along as slowly as your games).
You're like that shitty little kid who never wanted to share his toy. Who'd scream and tantrum when he was told he couldn't hog it all to himself. Nay, that's not it, actually. You're like that little kid who literally shit himself. Then, when the six foot, six packed, blonde haired, blue eyed, six inch (when soft) dicked offered to share his fresh, clean diapers with you, you just kept on fucking tantruming. You screamed "cuck, cuck!" at the person trying to help you, trying to let you into their community, and insisted on your own superiority, as you shit there in my shitty pants. You could have had clean diapers with 1080p, incredibly 60+ fps and moisture absorbancy, but just because your horrible shitty leaking diaper was made by Brony you thought it was better, and continued to sit in it, despite all the empirical evidence. How pathetic is that?
PS4 CANNOT HAVE FUN. All they do is cry when they see friendly, SUPERIOR PC players trying out all their incredible builds and playstyles. If you play on the PS4, you need to take a step back, look in the mirror, and consider what you're offering back to the Souls community. Because really, you're offering nothing. NO PS4 PLAYER HAS EVER contributed to lore discussions, to the modding community, to the meta, to funny videos, NOTHING. Nothing at all. You are a leech. A leech on the side of a beautiful series.

TL:DR; playing Souls on the PC4 is literally equievlant to shitting yourself.

Who spooky skellington here?
I've been through far too much not to be one

It's good

People around here calling Placebo Ring for a reason.

post "cosplays"

take a screenshot of you dark souls 3 character RIGHT NOW
you can swap weapon slots and look for a good angle
but you CAN'T switch out any items you have on

>Turning a 3v1 into a 2v1
>Blocking the boss fog while the twink fucks up the host
Feels good

Oh we have a tough guy here huh.......
*unsheathes my twin katanas* Well, let's see how tough you really are! *jumps into the air* TAAAAKE THIIIIIIIIIIIIS *spins around and slashes your face open*
Not so tough now, huh????? *grabs you and throws you up* It's time to finish this little charade *holds my katanas above my head*
YOU ARE FINIIIIISHEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!! *jumps upwards so that you get impaled on my swords*

Heh.... easy.....

Okay, we need to get this sorted out.

Place your votes, everyone

>Where should the /dsg/ Gladiator Event be held?
www.strawpoll.me/10315268

>What SL should participants of the /dsg/ Gladiator Event be?
strawpoll.me/10315287

I'll take in all the results in an hour, and update the poster with it.

What are some of the best weapons to throw chaos/dark on (or use natively) as a pyromancer? I already know bout thrall axe, witch's locks, and AGS.

You could probably replace every panel with a """Guts""".

I'd like to see that.

they already made a post about it and someone made it into a graphic too which i forgot to grab

are we not going by these guidelines anymore?

Time for a reality check, cucks.

Things that are bad in Dark Souls 3:

>poison is worthless
>poison and bleed infusions are unusably bad, zero reason to ever use these
>frost is a meme status only found on few weapons, no resin nor infusion for this nor is it really worth using to begin with in its current status
>no sinning system and no blue eye orb, both blue covenants are literally the same covenant
>invasions stacked in the host's favor to an unprecedented degree, you'll find 3v1s and 4v1s all the time
>can't re-enable invasions in areas where you killed the boss, for example by popping dried finger
>no fixed gravelord covenant
>worthless scythes, all whips except for one worthless too, fist weapons suck ass except for caestus parrying
>pvp has heavily nerfed prisoner's chain, steel prot ring and clutch rings but hornet rings are cool at full effect
>finite amount of titanite slabs, for what purpose? was anyone gonna be hurt by there being a small chance to farm them from some endgame enemies?
>bosses overall a bit too easy. some, like wolnir, are a complete joke and very disappointing
>age of your account decides whether you get summoned more or less to autosummon covenants, especially blue ones
>can't further buff elementally infused weapons making 98% of them flat out inferior to heavy/sharp/refined/raw infusions because resins are everywhere - as are buffs

What did I miss?

Official ranking?

DaS1=DeS>Bloodborne>DaS3>DaS2

There you go.

The only person who put input into those rules is the person who made the post.
I think it would be much more enjoyable if the rules were decided by the general as a whole.

>have wolnir sword
>running away from these irithyll fuckers that are gonna blast my ass back to the past
>FUCK fuck fuck fuck
>all of a sudden cheap hollowed nigga with a sword is in my way
>FUCK YOU AAAHHHHHHH
>press R1 while running
>do awesome swing attack
>it does and I live
Woah didn't know that was possible.

Stray Demon wall is literally the most aesthetically fitting place for Gladiators to fight so I don't quite see why it wouldn't just be there.

Good area design but overall world design is the worst its ever been with shit all interconnection, reducing replayability.

i can agree but they are all good games

Wow, I fucked up.

>That's what I figured too, but even if it's weaker, if they bleed out every 2-3 seconds, it hardly matters right?
That's certainly true for shit like Warden's. Probably Onikiri as well.

nice blog where's the subscribe button

WHO'S POSTING HERE IN 2016

no cancellable animations remove feints as a factor from pvp, heavily dumbing it down and making mega telegraphed moves just shit that only works on retards

Hello i love firekeeper.

Who is this guy? An actual model instead of a random corpse. Curious.

Eh, I'd put DaS3 before BB, but otherwise I can't argue.

You're outta luck though because she loves me.

Nobody knows unfortunately.

If only the weapons found on his corpse had his name literally in the title, but alas..

It's Gotthard.

>first playthough
>tfw "i'm sure after THIS shit area the game really starts and gets good!"
>tfw it never did

>What did I miss?
armors and the carry weight stat being useless.
It's either poise or defence that makes them useful, right now, we have neither.
Hope they will at least buff the defence given by heavier armors, so I will have a reason to invest in wearing them.

QUICK, POST YOUR FAVORITE INVADING SPOT

The world design is actually noteworthy because the outside locations are all incredibly consistent visually.

You get constant references, the view from high wall, undead settlement to everywhere, cathedral of the deep to undead settlement, irithyll to farrons keep, lothric and undead settlement, the white giant trees etc.

I'd say the world design is far, far above dark souls 2.

Look how hard he got.

I didn't keep any of my photos of your mom, sorry.

Your ass lol

anyone?

Please don't tell me Chaos Thrall axe and Witch's Locks are the only viable pyromancer weapons

True. Everything is very consistent and looks great. I should have said "interconnectivity."

That doesn't have anything to do with the gameplay effect it has, which is what he talked about.

What is poise? Seriously, does it do anything passively without using Perseverance?

Hi
I just finished hollow gem farming with 8 Storytellers staves
if anyone wants some
password: dsg
inb4 not original
Foot of the high wall bonfire
You can black crystal yourself out or fight me i don't care

unless you play at lv 120 you are not gonna have enough stats to invest in dex/str to wield any other weapon. Or you'll have to reduce the attunments or pyro damage.

Well, absorption works though, doesn't it?

Say you have 100 flat defense and 10% absorption to strike.

Some guy hits you for 500 with a hammer (strike).

You now take
500 - 100 = 400
400 * 90% = 360 damage

Am I doing this wrong?

At 30% absorption it would only be 280 damage taken.

wrong, that's the official list they accidentally leaked before it was finished.

THIS is the actual official ranking:
DaS1>Bloodborne>DaS3>DeS>DaS2

Hey guys i just got a level 10 dark sword and 10 caestus, anyone wanna pvp?

Can princes love other princes?

I like the Man-Serpent Hatchet. It has a nice moveset and deceptive range, and with a chaos infusion, puts some decent damage through 100% physical shields, due to elemental+shotel sneak dmg.

The best weapon is one you enjoy, though. Let no one tell you differently.

Go play a fighting game

The bosses are far harder than anything in demons souls, nothing in dark souls 1 or 2 is harder than nameless king, champion gundyr, twin princes or soul of cinder, you are literally just better at the game systems.

Take for example, one of the widely considered "hardest" bosses in dark souls 1.

Manus.

His telegraphing outside of the shotgun dark spell is ridiculously slow, incredibly easy to dodge, and gives the player massive amounts of time to heal.

In addition, his "crazy combo" is like 5 hits, which is barely even noteworthy now, and yet people still hold him to a special degree because of how they felt when they first played him.

Comparatively dark souls 3 is far harder.

Both in terms of intelligent normal enemy design, and boss design.

But surprisingly, it's certainly less difficult when it comes to the "bullshit" like anor londo archers, or the huge amount of gank bullshit scenario's that people so easily forget in dark souls 1.

Someone posted this last thread for the event, is good idea imo

Every single person who thinks DeS is the best/second best in the series is a nostalgia fag who loves it because it was their first souls game.

I say this as someone who loves demon souls, and it was my first souls game too, but as much as it means to me and as much sentimental value as it holds, it's definitely a worse game objectively than bloodborne or DaS1. Still better than 2 by miles of course

>tfw no art of brave Darkmoon Knight (female) rescuing, marrying, fucking and cuddling Gwyndolin the Princess (male)

I've only played DS3, should i go back and play 1? How dated is it?

>no fun covenant
>no singleplayer covenant
Say what you want but Rat, Dragon and Gravelord where all awesome covenants. Instead we have
>invade world
>get summoned in this area
>get summoned to protect guy (TWICE) (and neither works)
>purple aka "you will never get summoned since everyone knows your role and you are therefore a slightly more fun version than Red but still you invade and nothing else"

>overall disappointing magic with barely any new spells, spells brought back from DaS2 are gimped
>casters are crippled by ring requirements
>quality is the only build worth playing because refined is so much better than heavy and sharp
>knight and pyromancer are the only playable classes thanks to luck, it should have started at 7 for every class except Thief
>no Bell Tower equivalent to get upgrade materials through PvP
>no 1v1 Dragon Remnant / Path of the Dragon covenant, the message in front of Nameless and the dragon scale icon in the files suggest it was cut content
>no Arenas for people who just want a constant stream of pvp without worrying about embers, running into the level, gank squads, etc
>very few cool weapons, weapon arts mean unique moves were just removed from R2s
>no animation canceling
>cannot guard break a guy that's parrying even if you exhaust their stamina completely
>kicks are useless against anything but the smallest, unupgraded shields even with horsehoof and a heavy weapon
>infusion gems are horrible to farm and you only get 2 of each for free, you cant buy them
>upgrade materials cost WAY too much in NG, they should have followed the Bloodborne system of just increasing prices with progression and NG+

I don't get what infusions are allowed. Is it Carthus Rouge only or what?

If you find yourself getting hit twice, and then being hit while rolling away, poise helps prevent that third hit.

That's all it's good for.

Hey what's the most op weapon i need it for my patches the dragonslayer cosplay.

>HealSlut isn't censored
Praise the capital letters

this. Dark Souls 2 had almost nothing in the way of interconnecting areas either! It had lots of different ways to go, sure, but each way was generally a hallway that dead-ended.

Dark Souls 3 paths are dead-ending hallways too, but they're at least consistent and feel as if they belong in the same world, and on a smaller scale the area-to-area level design is better than it's ever been

pastebin.com/jqKQj426

These are the results from the polls

Oh right, forgot you guys only engage in online play by summoning friendly phantoms.

I agree with your ranking for now.
However BB's main problems (few weapons and longevity) where fixed by the DLC, so I have hope the DLC will also make DS3 a lot more enjoyable, but we'll see.

poison too, probably.

Reposting from last thread

What are good places to invade in? Anor Londo is so packed, every host just instantly summons 3 phantoms every fucking time

Also what bosses do people generally need help for? Still need sunlight medals

DaS3>DaS1>BB>DaS2>DeS

The problem with Bloodborne is that while I really liked the dlc, I didn't like much else.

I'm nearing the end of Dark Souls 2. Not tackling the final boss until I finish the DLC levels. Bosses I'm currently juggling:

>Sir Alonne
>Blue Smelter Demon
>Lud, the King's Pet & Zallen, the King's Pet

The last two are particularly a pain in the ass, because of how much you have to avoid and fight, during your trip to the boss.

Any tips for these bosses would be appreciated.

One would imagine that the game at least would be polished enough so that a single r1 doesn't register twice on the same target but here we are.

Oh right, forgot about poison. Whoops. Still, seems simpler just to say "poison/bleed infusion only."

>Blizzards newest kiddy game is out
>Anime reaciton pics reduced by at least 80%

>carthus rouge
>infusion

raw heavy sharp & refined only

You'd better be (male)

But did the DLC fix BB having atrocious pvp and invasions?

>Waiting for buffs edition
Paladin here.
I have 60 fth and all the rings to boost miracles.
I can hit a player who is afk with a sunlight spear for a whopping 500 damage!

I am patiently waiting for buffs. I-it's not like I'm starving here. Surely my faith in From will be compensated...

>tfw your host dried fingers at the bonfire to try and get more phantoms
>unable to summon
>unable to summon
>unable to summon
>unable to summon
>end up dealing with wave of invasions on your own because he just runs away when he gets hit
>cut your way to the boss
>he dies on the boss

Oh right I'm a fucking retard. I thought infusions meant applied buffs. I'm still use to calling blacksmithing stuff upgrades/ascension.

>get invaded
>nope.tf2
>pop a white branch and hide like the bitch i am
>second invader five minutes later
>they can't find me
>blue berry join after ten minutes
>can all you guys just fuck off
>one invader leaves
>blue dude finds my clever hiding spot
>welp might as well try and fight
>invader dies somehow
>blue berry leaves
My job here is done
But you didn't do anything

were you the asshole ganking in archdragon peak yesterday?

Help
How much endurance should I have as a cleric? Only have 9 don't known if I should level it up now

Is it impossible to get the Proper Bow gesture from summoning heysel and do sirris questline in the same playthrough?

Because you have to kill both the crystal sage and abyss watchers for sirris questline, but you would need to void sirris questline before you kill them to get proper bow. i'm not sure if I'm understanding this right

>pvp
who cares

>was anyone gonna be hurt by there being a small chance to farm them from some endgame enemies?

unrelated but fuck farming darkwraiths in ds1 for slabs on all your armor pieces

Everyone who wants to play these games for more than 50 hours or whatever?

>gladiatorial event without blood
the fuck?

It's naturally a part of a more global warp system. Every game except Ds1 has had a home base where you level up and access teleports to other areas right at the beginning of the game. Now I'd say Ds3 and BB's feeling of connectivity is leagues better than DS2 but still don't even scratch the surface of what Ds1 had going for it.

Think about in DS1 how much of a gauntlet each area between bonfires was. The only bonfire to bonfire section that is anywhere close to that kind of length and jampacking of enemies is from the front entrance of cleansing chapel to the first shortcut inside the cathedral

>Is it impossible to get the Proper Bow gesture from summoning heysel and do sirris questline in the same playthrough?
Yes.

i forgot
use red signs near the bonfire

Nope I haven't made the character yet but I fully intend to support gankers with my slutty heals

>blue berry found me

Blues can see the host even if they are white branched.

Feels pretty good family

Can someone enlighten me as to why Hackazaki thought it was a good idea to bring back Crushing/Quality etc. upgrades from Demon's Souls?

It's so dumb, there are almost no STR or DEX weapons, since you will almost ALWAYS end up getting way more out of weapons by just going 40/40.

Dark Souls got rid of this boring garbage by giving weapons their own scalings instead of having them be dependant on infusions. Especially in a game like Dark Souls 3 with this much weapon variety it's just poor.

Even weapons like Twin Axes are better on a refined build.
For every good piece of design in the games they take another step back. Fucking hell

Nobody really knows what's going on with absorption calculations

I've dried way of in blue and dried finger in the woods while hiding to give the blues some action, but they all end up dying right away and the invaders get bored and start fighting among themselves.

My world just ends up being a blueberry farm every time.

just killed Heckler and Kock, met the big boobed lady, now back in Firelink, killed the demon at the undead asylum

where do I go now?

also should I keep levelling strength or just focus on vit & end? I've got 24, using +10 zwei

Any SL100 pyromancers in here? How much Vig/End/Att do you have?

I'm trying to see where I can fit the 17 dex I need for witch's locks

>messing around in dancer boss room before starting her
>hit wooden beam with firelink greatsword
>shit pants and hit rest of room with torch

Thanks for confirming, just wanted to make sure.