/evn/ - Bundle Anime Babes Edition

Thread for the discussion of visual novels originally created in English, other than those belonging to /ksg/.

Do you have a question about a Japanese visual novel or a translation of it?
/vn/ is ready to answer it. We are not them.

>Developer Resources, Getting Started:
pastebin.com/7LsCvtq3

>Recommended Reading:
vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=olang-en.tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating
pastebin.com/zGVSpH0B

>For Developers. Huge collection of guides on everything:
meganelover.com/post/122965940223/visual-novel-creation-masterlist

>Ren'Py Download:
renpy.org/

Last thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegala.com/animeangels
seeds-of-chaos.com/about/
strawpoll.me/10317295
strawpoll.me/10317297
strawpoll.me/10317300
keihakucorner.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nice crosslinking

Is Sword of Asumi the best thing AJ Tilley produced?

No, Beach Bounce Remastered is, but only until Summer Fling gets released. I also really loved Divine Slice of Life and My Highschool Cross Dressing Romance. Echo Tokyo Intro is sure to be great too after all of AJ's promised updates.

Surely there must be a high point and a low point

That GUI is making my eyes bleed

When you read AJ Tilley's titles, you're always reaching a new low point.

Dreams do come true, get 4 Sakura games for $4, plus other titles no one wants.

indiegala.com/animeangels

Have there actually been any good bundles lately?

There's 2 ropes in the pic. For both of your eyes, so you can hang them.

EVN eroge is here with Seeds of Chaos!

seeds-of-chaos.com/about/

>no nipples
How am I gonna suck on them?

Adult Content

As Seeds of Chaos is an eroge, it will include a large amount of sexual content. Since sexuality is both a complex and disparate area, the decision was made to make the game one of general appeal in an attempt to encompass many kinks and parings. All of the following are planned for inclusion, with an option to filter out any scenes and/or events the player is not interested in seeing.

Pairings – Male / Female, Male / Male, Female / Female, Male / Futa, Female / Futa
Central kinks – Corruption, demon sex, & monster / monstergirl sex
Other kinks – BDSM, slave training, moral degeneration, furries, fembois / traps, nuns, exhibitionism, pregnancy / breeding, lactation, mindbreak, humiliation, prostitution, public use, addiction, transformation, bimboization, piercings / tattoos, squirting, bukkake, netorare / netori, & incest

With music from Leet Music, which you may be familiar with from Winter Wolves games.

>With music from Leet Music
i was on board until then. you are now hearing that song from roommates bgm on loop.

You can mute it, or maybe they'll have something good planned for a fantasy setting.

Rate this title screen.

I thought her pink necklace was one nipple stuck in her cleavage

>No nippelz
>Blurry buttons
>Retarded lines at top and bottom
>Logo - Words with Pink Outline on a Pink roots with Pink Outline on a Pink background
HOLY SHIT

>With music from Leet Music, which you may be familiar with from Winter Wolves games.
Oh my God, why?

They want so sound professional, so why not use a professional musician?

> inspired by the worldbuilding of Berserk, Dark Souls, The Witcher and other epic fantasy series’, as well as the adult games Corruption of Champions, Legend of Queen Opala, and Slavemaker.

>Visual novel style scenes with complex, multi-branched dialogue trees inspired by Black Isle / Obsidian, Bioware, and the Witcher games that affect later meetings and events.

>Industry professional grade sound effects, mostly from BOOM Library.

>They want so sound professional, so why not use a professional musician?
Hence why I repeat: oh my God, why?

He is a professional musician. You can be professional and still terrible.

What are those effects, moans and shit? Why mention something so minor?

Professional means he will charge more.

>What are those effects, moans and shit? Why mention something so minor?
They fell for the "pro SFX library" meme. BOOM is not industry standard, they just market themselves as such. Wouldn't surprise me if they torrented that.

The poor mic placement renders most of the SFX from there nearly useless even for layering. What good is having high quality recordings when it's a HQ recording of a really bad take?

What would you consider good, or at least decent evn music or musicians?

Darude

The guy who did the music for Analogue did a very decent job.

There was music in Analogue?

DL site stock music

the guy who did most of the music for Toko

Does anyone actually listen to the music?

Even thinking about EVN music after playing Fata Morgana is pretty laughable

yeah, japanese musicians make bank. I contacted some jvn music guy and he wanted $700 per minute.

Professional musicians anywhere have pretty high per-minute rates but few people bother trying to hire them

Then go with 1 minute of brilliance instead of 100 minutes of shit.

Ryunocore

Yeah, that's the one.

It looks like Toko's narrator is being voiced based on a clip on Tao's Twitter.

Nobody is going to play even a two-hour tiny titty EVN with a single minute's music on loop

Remember that he's overcharging you for being a stupid, gullible gaijin. 250-500 a minute is still ridiculous but much more in line.

Whenever I get contacted by someone I don't want to work with, I just quote them triple my usual rate. Either I make a nice wad of cash, or I scare away a client I didn't really want in the first place

Nobody wants to listen to a piano being thrown down a flight of stairs for 20 minutes either, and yet, most shitty VNs still come with a soundtrack.

Exactly. Never trust initial rates. You have to fight them tooth and nail to earn their trust. This also gets you actual quality, since if you paid the asking cost they'll take you for a gullible fool who will be happy with anything.

A lot of people compliment stock soundtracks.

Decades old recordings of public domain classical music.

chris remo (firewatch, gone home)

> firewatch
> gone home
> evns

??

If you get ZUN to make your music I'll kiss your ass.

Does ZUN do collabs with anybody? I thought he was an all-skilled god that was too busy making everything himself for his own games.

I doubt he does, that's why I said that. I don't know for sure though.

I'm trying to figure out which elective classes to include in a high-school sim. Any suggestions?

The player will have the option to select four from a pool at the start of the game.
I've created some polls from the course catalog of my alma mater. I doubt I'm going to write stories for more than ten electives.
strawpoll.me/10317295
strawpoll.me/10317297
strawpoll.me/10317300

>Pathophysiology and Medical Microbiology
Most of these sound like college courses, friend. This one in particular is like a 5000 level or graduate class.
Go with shop class (cabinetmaking) or graphic design/video game design if you want to get meta.

What do you mean, you didn't have naval science as an elective in high school?

Is stock music usually $100 per track, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Yeah, you are right. I had a rocket science elective and a neurosurgery insternship in middle school.

>Wildlife Fisheries and Ecology Management
>Law Enforcement I

You can find music packs much cheaper but if you buy individual tracks, that's not too unusual

Ryunocore, 'cause he's quite good and he's pretty great to work with.

He also understands salame, that's good.

What are his rates?

Thanks, I'll look for that.

Back when I was in high school, most of those classes were considered blow-off classes. They weren't college-level in the slightest. They were more like half-done, barely-introductory-level classes that the school district set up for the sake of looking good to outsiders.

$100/minute last I checked

I'd read a satire on the mandatory education system and how worthless and wasteful it is. You'd have to mock high schooler culture as well though, making the dating sim aspect very disingenuous. It could be a masterpiece.

I plan on making the dating-sim part of the game somewhat genuine, but the classes will mostly be jokes. I happened to also take aquatic science as an elective. The class would go to a nearby pond, fish whatever was living in it out, bring its catches back, and either overfeed, or forget to feed them. At least a few fish and one turtle died each semester. I always thought it was hilarious.

Does this project have a name?
I want to help write this.

The idea of a high school offering such weird courses is completely outside my experience, but I went to a small school, so there simply wasn't room for much in the way of electives. We barely managed to get them to let us have a drama class one year.

I'm calling it Crush for now. I started it a few days ago. The story and gameplay are probably nothing like what you're expecting, but here's a link to the blog I'm using. I didn't feel like designing a new blog myself, so I copped one off of a friend.
keihakucorner.blogspot.com/

Oh, it's a chuuni Persona ripoff. Nevermind.

This sounds pretty fun.

It's actually that, and an Angel Beats! ripoff.

Angel Beats a shit.

moo~

You are going to make it.

CAN'TWAKEUP.JPG

no, give up, it's useless

CLoves vns are SJW pandering garbage, discuss.

what's there to discuss? it's true.

Why do you expect from a lesbian tranny?

As long as the SJWs being pandered to are whores that like BDSM, is this bad?

do you like your bdsm yuri with speeches about "true lesbians" ?

>true lesbians
Do tell

The next one's that awful?

This isn't a joke. As a racist and homophobic white guy who grew up on the red pills of /pol/, one of my fears is that my game, which features diversity as part of the story, will be seen as leftist propaganda or some female/LGBT "empowerment" shit.

Depends on how long the speech is. Surely you've played VNs with stupid digressions into shit you don't care about. I can handle a brief conversation about gold stars.

> long

the whole game. Practically everything she shares about the game has some "lesson" about sexuality.

Solution: Stop making your game, burn all the files, and martyr yourself somewhere dramatic, like at a pro-Obama fundraiser or something.

Destroying all the files first is important because the last thing you want is for them to look into your personal life, find your unfinished work, and conclude that you did it because you were a tragic, tortured soul who was too afraid to express your true progressive leanings.

to the best of my knowledge it was literally one optional dialog branch (if you kissed a boy) that everyone was getting their panties in a bunch over.

most of what she shares about the game is 'LOL LOOK HOW HOT THIS IS I AM SO AWESOME' which is annoying in a totally diffferent way

Character goes into a rant about lesbians who sleep with men still being lesbians.

What game?

>"She"
Don't fall for that meme.

there's also the no homo bit with the athlete.

If you as the player choose to kiss a boy the character goes into a rant about how kissing a boy doesn't make you stop being a lesbian, and expecting people to live up to a 'gold star' standard is stupid. as far as I know. which may not be wrong but is a random derail.

That's actually pretty reasonable, minus the bad writing of a political rant breaking up the action.

I have no idea what that's about, I may not be paying enough attention. I kind of tune most of those posts out

idk, to me it sounded like she thinks bisexuals are imaginary creatures.

It's a complicated mess because there's the whole lesbian-as-identity issue (and some of those girls are crazy), and then there's the lesbian-as-purity issue which is messed up in another way.

For the most part trying to tell someone else what they should label themselves is a lost cause, even if you think 'straightish' isn't precise enough.

Still in development.

Demo will be out in a few months, I guess.

Just put asians in when diversity is required. Most people on pol love their waifus.