- July 23rd - 31st
- Växjö, Sweden
- speedrun.com/esa2016

>Resources
speedrun.com
speedrun.tv
streambig.net

>News:
NASA VODs will be uploaded to Youtube soon, they're in better quality than the shit that was streamed.
Midwest Speedfest Schedule is up, isn't actually cancelled: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vXcEk_K5FZBRA45uJpKNYeCqcI-498qAZ8tz6MQFuf8/edit#gid=511912369
SGDQ Schedule is up: gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Other urls found in this thread:

u.pomf.is/wanyfs.webm
strawpoll.me/10318283
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Fear

>2 live marathons in minneapolis
most based speedcity?

this post is literally above it all.

Announcement: Midwest Speedfest has been cancelled, officially.

Based M1

Will there ever be another marathon as based as NASA (North American Speedster Assembly)?

Reasons why NASA didn't work:
>old GDQs weren't self-aware and trying to be an alternate to something
>the people who ran in old GDQs weren't all secretly hoping a bunch of viewers would watch and follow them
>the people who ran in them were chill+informative
>the target audience of old GDQs hadn't been overexposed to speedrunning for several years and thus, it was fun and interesting to watch.
>speed running was still alive

Reasons why NASA did work:
>This faggot didn't like it

SKATER HAS NUTS
SKATER HAS NUTS
SKATER HAS NUTS
SKATER HAS NUTS

it failed naegger

>old GDQs weren't self-aware and trying to be an alternate to something
True but there's nothing wrong with being an alternative,
>the people who ran in old GDQs weren't all secretly hoping a bunch of viewers would watch and follow them
The majority of NASA runners didn't think like this.
>implying NASA runs weren't the same
>the target audience of old GDQs hadn't been overexposed to speedrunning for several years and thus, it was fun and interesting to watch.
Or people have become jaded.

>still running oot any%
why would you ever

Good thing a new thread popped up, I was getting all hot and bothered with the little girls of the last one.

NASA2017

reminder nosraef submitted a run to NASA with the intention to NOT show up to the event and bitched about it on twitter instead

u.pomf.is/wanyfs.webm

Croni this has to stop...

>>old GDQs weren't self-aware
they were a charity-focused marathon to begin with. speedrunning was a spark which ignited and made them popular, but the focus of the marathons has been the charity. they were self-aware in that they were trying to be a charity event.
wrong. of course they wanted viewers and people to watch, how else do you get donations?
NASA also had chill+informative, but it was inclusive of the shitters as well. i can see how people wouldn't like them
this isn't a negative
>speed running was still alive
no it was just starting, unless you are a newboi and considers 2014 or something to be the "beginning" of GDQs

I don't know any of these people.
Or is that ZFG in the back?

it's all the tech boys

This looks like good old GDQ times.
I might check some of the VODs out, but I don't know which runners are good or bad.
Or is most of it entertaining?

most of it is entertaining outside of shit submitted by non-/srg/ autists like earthbound and wind waker.

Is there anyone more deluded than NASA shills?

why were those accepted? this is why there needs to be a 2 hour limit on marathon runs

esa shills

IMPORTANT SPEED POLL: WHAT SHOULD THE LOCATION FOR NASA 2017 BE?

strawpoll.me/10318283
strawpoll.me/10318283
strawpoll.me/10318283

mike this has to stop

go back to marvel, mike.

Too much weed made him retarded.

Are you crazy? They had few enough runs as it was, and at least one person didn't even show up.

squid stream ape escape

denver so we can vape dabs on stream

OFFICIAL /srg/ SPEEDCHEESE TIER LIST v1.2

>God Tier
Pepperjack. Gouda, Epoisses

>High Tier
Munster, Roquefort, Tyrolean Gray, Colby

>Medium Tier
Provolone, Mozzarella, Cheddar (Sharp), Parmesan, Sakura, Herve, Halloumi, Limburger, Colby-Jack, Manchego

>Low Tier
Queso blanco, Ricotta, American (Yellow), Cheddar (Young), Brie, Paneer, Passendale, Havarti, Gruyere

>Shit Tier
American (White), Velveeta, Pimento

Where's peccorino

Anti-White

>lmfao if you think he's really been sick this long
people can become sick for their entire lives. it's called a chronic illness. an example of one is multiple sclerosis. i remember hearing coolmatty say that it turned out to be more than just mono, and it's known that mono can become a chronic illness called "chronic active EBV infection."

you haven't spoken to Uyama's doctors, and you aren't qualified to diagnose him yourselves, so your opinions on this topic are laughably meaningless.

keep pretending you're smart though, we're all impressed.

thats actually pretty epic

i want to kiss headcrab!!!!!

o_o

you don't need to be a doctor to say that he can take the 10 minutes out of his hours of playing marvel heroes to post "hey i'm alive" on sda, but hasn't for 2 years

stop being such a fucking nuthugger

he shouldn't pretend to be an adult if he's just going to sit around all day playing video games all day and shitposting about them on some obscure forum. he needs to man up

:)

He didn't say it's "more than mono", he said "mono was a misdiagnosis". We all know that the only "disease" he has is hypothyroidism, which is by no means debilitating and is mostly caused by Mike sitting on his fat ass playing videogames all day instead of actually typing a few posts on a forum like he's getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to do.

DUKE IS LIVE
U
K
E

I
S

L
I
V
E

twitch.
tv/duke_bilgewater

please do not bully our boi raikourider

pick toronto so goose can go

I'm about to hulk out on this thread if you guys don't stop disrespecting Mike!!!

Don't you mean she-hulk out?

could you post your hard evidence of him being paid thousands of dollars a year to post on SDA?

afaik his job at PCF has nothing to do with sda

RIP RUN

The God Gamer Stigma

a ground monkey. with the laugh of a bird

an MR RL time

Me and Marc Rutzou

Fucking retard people with MS can still write a fucking forum post.

Me and fucking Marc Rutzou

At least it didn't make him a tranny(yet).

hi mike

soft elin feet

That's fucking right

thighs

So if he typed a forum post you'd be happy?

I skipped 1:13

tfw 1:11 is now possible and 1:12 is worthless

Can someone post cute pictures of my favourite speedrunner Narcissa Wright?

1:11 has already been gotten by multiple people

any requests? need some more inspiration

anything with cosme

Can you speedrun elins?

desu the exaggerated heels killed elin feet, they still have nice slender torsos and thick juicy thighs

gonna learn hotline

fuck you

TheFear

>that deformed hip bone
>that disproportionate everything

Dude a classic I've been looking for. Thank you.

hmu if you have any questions

what's the best category for beginners
also is hotline 2 good

best category for beginners is ng any%
hotline 2 is decent i guess

thanks baby

>hotline 2 is decent I guess
confirmed not an actual hotline runner

its shitty in comparison to hotline 1 but that wasnt what was asked

emote when

Elins like it slow.

Too bad

Does /srg/ have an official anime girl mascot?

Delete this disgusting FOTM shit.

delete this

squid...

bird cucklet of the grind monkey month

horned animeme
and while not really anime, elins as well

seriously though, once NASA fixes it's stream shit, it will be miles ahead of every single live speedrun marathon out there.

this is important because NASA will then grow. it will become more popular than ever. this is where GDQs went wrong. GDQs decided to become a for profit corp and line their pockets instead of making the events better. NASA could use any money made to make the events better than ever. NASA could easily manage sponsorships, attendance fees, and merchandise sales and use the money on things that actually matter for the event instead of "staff salaries" like GDQs do. there is a huge window of opportunity for the speedrunning community to take back the hobby from the GDQ jew crew. I only hope naegleria is willing to accept help and be clear and transparent about NASA events.

Make Speedrunning Great Again.