/edg/ Elite: Dangerous General

Been a while since we had one of these. Dead game and all. 2.1/1.6 is out. Is it worth playing yet?

Not really.

no

Only if you're some kind of faggot that likes fun, but we chased all them kinds of people long ago.

I really want to like this patch, anyone played it yet?
>Bookmarks for stars
>Faces for mission npcs and engies
>Mission revamp
>New huge and large guns, C4 multis!
>Tougher AI that forum dads are already crying is too hard
>anything else?

> this patch
Exactly. It's a great patch, lots of qol improvements and other neat things.

But as an expastion it's pretty mediocre.
The titular feature is meh.
>DUDE ENCHANTERS LMAO
>even more grindy timesinks and RNG

What's frustrating is they've stated that RNG is a core mechanic that they feel is working as intended and don't plan to change.

That's not surprising when the lead designer is a literal retard.

Damn, finding Barnacles iz hurd.

I'm about to check out one of the engineers. See if any of this is worth it. The small quality of life things are neat though. With Stations looking smokey inside and the new station docking radio messages.

As much as I appreciate some of the QoL improvements in this patch, I mean seriously... This is the 'huge' first Horizons content update.

>Bookmarks for stars
Should have been in the game from the very beginning.
>Faces for mission npcs and engies
Neat, I guess. A bit of immersion.
>Mission revamp
How many missions are still broken as fuck? Half of the Horizons missions have been uncompletable for the last 6 months.
>New huge and large guns, C4 multis!
Who the fuck cares. Bigger numbers. Yay.
>Tougher AI that forum dads are already crying is too hard
Gonna have to check that out. As long as ships aren't spinning around and slowly flying forward anymore it's already an improvement.
>anything else?
Nah.

Seriously, it's barely enough of a reason for me to boot up the game for the first time since December.
I'm already looking forward to how they'll be trying to sell us the next Season of 'content' come next December. The Horizons delay won't be delaying their money grab attempts, you'll see.

At least the UI is way better. But yeah I just got in and there aren't any missions offering more than 110,000 creds so the grind is even worse than ever and everything feels dead.

I hate their lead designer too bro. He's just buttmad that everyone hates powerplay.

I'm gonna check it out at least. At least they can put quality things together like the traffic control still.

If you haven't played in the beta you should also notice the rework of terrain shading/textures/rocks. Roll around in a buggy a little, it's pretty good.

I'm about to get to the actually. Haven't played in the beta and flew to an engineer just to find out that I don't have a landing nav thing. Whoops.

>He's just buttmad that everyone hates powerplay.
Powerplay could be so fucking amazing if they just even tried to make it fun. Stop the fucking grind gameplay, give us some fun objective. Allied to a faction? Guess what, the entire space of another faction is going to hate you. No landing permission for you, have a couple of system security Anacondas.
Fuck ferrying 10 goods from A to B, go to B and kill 10 System Security ships. Kill another ship inside of a spaceport.

It's a little bit better once you max the faction rep.

Imagine being given fabricated transponder codes to fool a stations security and let you dock for some black market trading. You have a time limit before they are onto you and initiate a system-wide manhunt for you. That'd be some cool shit.

Yeah. Seriously, it feels as if they didn't even try. 'Let's give them something to grind so they don't notice how we dropped Wings like a hot potato.'

Yo famarino! Want some more grind ontop of your grinding? Awesome! Here you go! Trading is sadly still the best way to make cash. It's just so fucking boring. I'm in an anaconda thanks to that robigo exploit from way back when except I am a 100 million shy of decent outfitting so I just stopped playing.

Or imagine security capships blockading a station.

I mean fucking Rebel Galaxy has this.

The station models in the game even have mailslot doors already.

I was really excited for the exploration shit despite it just being moons. But then it's just fucking nothing but more grind for a chance to find the right shit for a maybe minor boost that'd last an hour. Fuck this shit.

Everything just feels so halfbaked like the art and design team went to town and the lead designers didn't communicate at all.

It's actually funny, you could be the most hated and despised man in the universe, that has everyone as their sworn enemy, and you could perfectly travel all across inhabited space and dock wherever the fuck you want without any issues.

>But then it's just fucking nothing but more grind for a chance to find the right shit for a maybe minor boost that'd last an hour. Fuck this shit.
Yep, and people in beta were so fucking proud of their Anacondas with 50 LY of jumprange while I was just shaking my head. The most fucking boring and incremental change ever.
How about they allow us to actually tailor ships towards a specific purpose? An Adder with every bit of cash and power dedicated towards the Jump Drive, wala, 250 LY jumps.
How fucking awesome would that be? Zipping across space with maybe 1T of cargo, trying to make a profit due to the distance? Getting to (salvageable) wrecks as the first person?

Just landed. Look at that dark abyss.

Looks like quality content.

Or imagine some gundam tier weapon systems where you can load down your Anaconda with hundreds of missile silos and just fire a fucking wall of smoke?

There's just a lack of fun and originality. Different ship skins are bundled into fucking color packs just to upcharge the price. There's no real way to set yourself apart from anyone else and it really dashes all hopes I had for this game. How's Star Citizen looking in comparison?

Everytime I open the map it resets to economical routing. Anyone else?

Oh look. More fucking grinding just to get to the RNG bullshit.

NO PLACE FOR FUN HERE
THE ORIGINAL ELITE
WASN'T FUN EITHER

Haiku just for you baby. Next up: How forum dads are ruining all of the potential this game ever had.

Oh look I have to travel 400 LY just to have a chance of finding meta-alloys just so I can fucking try my hand at more RNG bullshit. Yeah no fuck this.

Btw goys, are you ready for some new paid cosmetics?

How about fitting a sikk jdm spoiler to your Adder?

Only 6 shekels per item, available tomorrow!

>forum dads

>Not just forum dads
>Furry forum dads

I want to smash their faces into the fucking pavement.

>You will never pop in at a station to find an Interdictor parked infront of the mail slot warning everyone away or else
>You will never find an outpost surrounded by a pirate minefield and one asshole pirate mine layer holding the whole place hostage for money or cargo
>You will never stumble onto a pirate fleet and capital ship in the middle of launching a sneak attack
>You will never get flagged down by militia or miners or traders needing help defending themselves against pirates/privateers/zealots

are meta alloys random or does the barnacle site has predetermined loot?

I thought they were only found with barnacles.

Guys the mission board is missing at robigo mines

>You will never try any of those things with a friend then get stuck in an empty instance anyway

In all seriousness I've missed this general so much, about the only thing that was keeping the game playable for a long time. Have some forumdad shit for your troubles.

i'm at a barnacle right now and all they are dropping
>cobalt
>uraninite(?)
>iron

It got UA bombed.

according to the steam discussions, meta alloys are broken right now.
hardly anyone is getting them from the barnicles.

Hmmmmm
some guy on the forums was grabbing hundreds of these for "safekeeping"

Also the servers are kinda bonkers right now I think I might have to end up waiting until tomorrow to get anything.

How's large and huge multicannon?

Are all of the huge weapons even in the game yet?

I think yes

So where can I buy a huge pulse laser.

We really need another exploit to get things going. This game sucks playing fairly.

This is some shitty art.

is this game a meme? is it worth playing? I got it as a gift on steam and played like 2 hours

It's fun for the first 10-20 hours. Then the grind sets in and you slowly start to realize there's no content once you have a couple million and the next thing you know you're grinding for hours or dropping it hard.

If robigo still worked you could become a billionaire overnight.

You'll just have to try some other place, like Obsidian or Fehu

Yeah are these from deviant art?

The forumdads paid a forum artist to make these at like $15 a pop.

The spaceships look decent in terms of concept art but the humans look awful.

find a good system and then get cozy with the local factions, eventually you'll start seeing missions that are at least 1 mill minimum.

Yes, goddamnit. A new EDG. And I'm not the one who made it!

Some of the new missions can be fun when they work. A lot of them can also pay out pretty good too, missions worth 1-1.5 mill are pretty common to find.

Also, Robigo might be dead but places like Fehu and Maia still give long range smuggling missions worth multi millions.

i can't even find anywhere that sells huge multis

Large Multis are fucking beat though

So, Robigo LRS is officially kill?

see

top kek

Why is /edg/ always full of retarded yuros?

Because it's office horus in yurop.
Go to bed, amerifag.

Has anyone else tried getting Meta-Alloys from the Barnacles?
Every one I've found is broken.

I know the dads are complaining about the increased AI difficulty, and /edg/elords are complaining because it's more a patch than an EXPANSION!!!!111, but the 2.1 update is actually pretty fucking solid!
Elite is Dangerous again, and a lot of necessary things have been added.
Not bad, brabo. Not bad.

So, is there ANY reason to take a C3 or C4 multicannons, at all? Or are large thermal weapons still betrter?

>$0.59 has been deposited into your account

C3 MCs on the top of a conda seem to track really well when gimballed, and that coupled with the minimal distributor hit from a C4 pulse actually gives you a very cheap RES setup for it.

I would try to hunt these guys down, but they probably don't play open.

Now that you mention it, the C3 and C4 multicannons will be far less taxing for your power than the corresponding thermal weapons. Hmm, that gives me some ideas. Perhaps I can run some beams on my conda now, backed up my armour shredding MCs

I put the huge and large gimballed MCs on my conda, seems to work well.

Also, you can get the MCs at LHS 20. Its got the LYR discount too.

So, one of the highlighs on the update was that gaining faction rank has become easy. About time.

>he believes they got rid of the grind

I WANT TO BELIEVE

But is it any good yet?

It's not good, it;s better.

So, are ships with 250LY jump a thing for real?

>tfw weapon mod is locked behind horizon

/edg/ is like fucking necrons
peeking from the tomb from time to time if anything changed
then go back to sleep after realizing nothing has changed

noice

1-3 keep fdl
4-6 get python
7-9 grind more until I can afford anaconda
0 stop playing

yeah it is much easier
now you donate 120k and above good goy
you have the shekels from your previous grinds right?
surely this wont hurt your balance

I've bled Robigo until it was dry.
I've got enough shekels to be free.

If that's the thing, I'll be doing that.

you dare to challenge me?
for my name is Braben, forumdad of forumdads:
Look upon on my VISION, ye Mighty, and despair!

FREEEEEEEEEE

NOOOOOOOOOOO
I AM IN CHARGE HERE