/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: Missing link: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE. You can only downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod.
-Even on 11.0, Luma3DS needs an updated arm9loaderhax.bin or Luma3DS.dat to go online. Get it here: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
-3ds.titlekeys.com/ added QR codes, allowing for games to be downloaded and installed directly from FBI
-Region changing with working eShop now available for original 3DS only, check the Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing to run Loadiine and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>PSV
-Cobra Black-Fin will be released in the future, allowing piracy. It won't be compatible with 3.60.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/EBKipkPW)
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade
r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.htm
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)
mega.nz/#!VB0GWZIJ!o4YUo0ymy4PeWyTVkq4dBL_6n-czocKkj5oUfZOQa3M
pastebin.com/XLtBy9y3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the best of the best flash carts?

DSTWO, if you just want DS games then the r4i gold

Appreciate it.

FUCK OFF MARGEN WHY DID YOU HAVE TO RUIN NTR

why do people even want to change their region?

To have fun and to check the eShop I guess

Guys? I tried reinstalling my simple rxtools setup using the retard guide (pastebin.com/EBKipkPW) after my brother fucked everything up by updating sysnand. After doing it all again, rxtools gave me an installation error I couldn't fix, so I just pasted my old sd card working backup (before this shit went down) and it works, except the FBI injector gives me the "No database" error when I try to install anything. The fix for this is apparently going into the e-shop and downloading anything. The thing is, the e-shop used to work when I previously hacked my 3ds, but now I get a generic error message so I can't even download anything. Help please? All I want is my hacked 3ds back. I don't care if I have to hack it differently with some other CFW, all I want is a 3ds that can play .cias again. This is all fucked up now, please I beg of you.

Why did Temp members have to be annoying little fucksticks and pester him endlessly?

Anyone know where I can get pic related for loadiine????

my sysnand is updated, btw

how do I change from aureinand to luma?

what exactly is ruined?
is there anything still being added for ntr

You could have asked the same thing at any point during its development.

Instructions here: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

get a flash cart that can forward nds games

quick do i make my own gba vc games

Fuck, these resellers are fishy as fuck.

seems the two best ones aren't compatible with forwarding it to home menu

for?

R4, specifically. They all seem the same.

r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.htm
as long as it's from one of these you're good

Get an R4i SDHC RTS if you want forwarding support.

Yes

Alright, So I found my ps2 slim, noticed that it was hardmodded and burned a Mcfreeboot iso to a disk and installed it, What ps1 games should I play with POPS?

The only useful thing about ntr is wireless streaming which he's going to be developing/releasing anyway.

Maybe.

You're the best. Thank you.

>my opinion is a fact!!!! xD
Ok

Could anyone else not get Kirby to work? PAL WiiU. It just boots into Mii Maker.

fuck forgot the word how in my post

>playing oras 679
>can't make some pokemon legal in pkhex no matter what I do
Kill me. I just want to catch them all in a mostly legit way, and have the game think everything is legit

What's that mean? Does it cost 27 to ship to the U.S.?

Spyro the Dragon!

"xD" "!!!!" Where were those in what you replied to?

You think you have it bad? I had a complete living dex with 10-15 years worth of memories and shinies attached to it. Lost due to pokebank corrupting my save. Fuck that shit

Fucking hell forget it the only payment option is Western Union or gift cards? What?

visa and paypal don't allow flash cards

Then I guess I'm out. They won't dig my Visa. I suppose I need to buy gift cards with the Visa, then?

>"xD" "!!!!" Where were those in what you replied to?
It's what I perceive his thoughts to be like based on the content of his post.

You have no empathy or social skills, then.

Any chance of the 11.0.0 update for OOT3D being pushed any time soon?
I never got homebrew up before the update and it seems like everything is borked for now.

Meant star sapphire 679, obviously

Sucks man. I never transferred my gba mons, but I had a white cart with all my ds era stuff on it that got lost somehow.

With how easy it is to back up saves and stuff now I'm finally gonna complete a living dex, but pkhex doesn't seem to want to cooperate with ss

mine took visa just fine

Why is it most of the time I use FBI and install a game through a QR code from 3DS Title Keys it doesn't boot? It's happening to like every game does this.

cubic isn't fully fixed yet smea has been busy but also working on it, probably be fixed by next month

I read somewhere that OOT3D still works, but it just takes many trys, is this correct?

Why do you think so?

It's easy to make backups sure, at least for 3ds games it is. I'd have made a ds backup if I wasn't such a moral fag that had all legit copies of pokemon games.

probably really unreliable now, you can't downgrade with it or anything anyway so you might as well just wait

Sorry to be asking this again, but I've got alot of dead space on my sd card coming from games I had digitally before I hacked my 3ds. Can I get these games back? How do I know what I'm deleting if the filenames are all gibberish on my computer

use 2.2.2 fuckboy

>Spyro the Dragon
Good taste.

When I try to downgrade RedNAND I get an error. I've tried about 9 times already and each time I went to OTPHelper to restore EmuNAND with emunand_formatted.bin.

I timed the downgrading process, and at 6 minutes and 44 seconds in it gives me the error. Any idea?

I need to transfer data from one 3ds to another. My old xl is gonna be used for hacking purposes, and my new 3ds I will just use like a normal 3ds for the time being. The problem is that I have never transferred data like this before. Do I need to update systems for that to happen? (current 3ds should be on 10.7 right now and the new system will be fresh out of the box) as far as hacking my old 3ds goes; is there anything i need to look out for or keep in mind when doing the transfer? Also, what size of sd cards should I use?

i'm trying to dump smash 4 with ddd but it keeps stopping about a minute after i start it, and it happens every single time i start it
last night it was fine, it dumped for about an hour at a time before but now it seems to dump for a shorter amount of time each time i do this. am i doing something wrong?

ZTD leak when

has anyone got the banjo-kazooie from the OP working?

Hm, i read around and it seems like you need to update both systems to do a transfer. They both have to connect to the internet it looks like. That really sucks because I just got my copy of cubic ninja too. How am I gonna get my save files sent?

IOSUhax when?

I've now installed Rednand, I'm updating it currently. Once updated can I just log in to my NNID on rednand and redownload my shit?

Also, is it worth continuing on and getting A9LH if I just want to play 3DS games and emulate GBA/SNES?

I've been following this guide github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)
and am on part 5. Do I need to use Luma for this or can I continue using cakes like it said I could in previous parts?

as long as you have a9lh installed, you can use any cfw that has an a9lh payload

thanks

>cakes

Would Installing my own custom theme pack and then installing a eshop themes cia rewrite the custom themes?

ls there any game you guys pIay each day or week other than New Ieaf?

playing fire emblem gay fates right now

This still all confuses me so. So from what I read, apparently you may be able to transfer if you call in nintendo for customer support and ask them to link your NNID to the new system. That way I can avoid going online with my old system and yet have all my new stuff on my new DS. Does anyone here have any experience with that?

I've been playing 7th Dragon III™ Code:VFD since Sunday night

Never played 7th Dragon before this.

anyone?

i like this meme

If I do switch to luma at this step will I have any problems? I cant figure out how to do this with cakes at all. I have an emunand instead of a rednand. is that okay?

keep getting NO FIND SD CARD trying to use a dstwo flash cart on my O3DS (a9lh+luma, 11.0) but it's working fine on my ye olde DS Fat. Is there a fix for this

Nobody
Nowhere
Never

New leaf is garbage.

>there will never ever be a new animal crossing game that isn't shit

>He actually uses Luma

if you'd read the guide properly, you'd know that emunand and rednand are basically the same and often able to be used synonymous.
Once you have a9lh you just need the proper a9lh.bin payload and whatever other files your cfw requires. The loaded payload determines the cfw, so just replacing the payload with another cfw payload changes cfw

That's odd
Mine works for me on the same specs

Why?

It's just never been dumped.
Unless you do it yourself you'll never likely see it

>7th Dragon III™ Code:VFD
Do you need to play previous games in order to understand the plot? I know the original 7th Dragon has a fan translation, not sure about the PSP sequels.

Plot seems pretty straight forward to be
I don't think it continues off the story, just the game.

>to be
to me*

Neat, thanks.

Has anyone gotten Minecraft or Trine 2 Director's Cut to work on loadiine?
If so, what rip/what procedure/how?

I'm on 5.5.1 and can't get either to work.
Minecraft freezes once I try creating a world (to be specific, it freezes once it's loading or nearly done loading a new world).
I tried 2 different rips of Minecraft and just tried updating it and it still hangs at the exact same part.
I'm already on a WiiU account without a linked nnid so that isn't my issue.

Trine 2 simply does not appear on loadiine.
I've tried the following names/titleID's for trine2:
Trine 2 Director's Cut [xxx]
Trine 2 Directors Cut [xxx]
Trine 2 [xxx]
[xxx] = WBDP AND WBDE, I tried all of these combinations with both the PAL and NTSC-U game ID, none of them worked.

Help much appreciated I've been trying to get these games to work ever since the kexploit was released for 5.5.1.

Take a picture of the inside of your trine 2 folder with the full path shown in windows explorer, I don't know how you retards expect to get help giving no information

Anyone have a link to download the leaked ctrwaveconverter? Need to make bcwavs in YATA+ for sound effects.

>Reboot, then open Decrypt9 from arm9loaderhax by holding Start on boot

Is there any reason this wouldn't be working? I put the files in the payload folder and renamed it.

Use usagi instead of yata imo, it's better. Here you go anyway. mega.nz/#!VB0GWZIJ!o4YUo0ymy4PeWyTVkq4dBL_6n-czocKkj5oUfZOQa3M

Timing maybe? It boots really fast. You gotta hit the power button then immediately press start

What CFW are you using?

Yep you were right. Got it now

I'm using Usagi for everything else, I just needed YATA+ for converting sound effects because AFAIK Usagi doesn't yet have built-in functionality for converting wavs to bcwav. Thanks user

thank you for any help in advance

Go into meta and upload meta.xml to pastebin or something for me

pastebin.com/XLtBy9y3

Change the folder to Trine 2 [WBDPFZ] and if that doesn't work try [WBDP01]

but you can, if you have a ds flashcart and an actual non DSi/3DS DS. (Phat or Lite works)

>Run Rudolph's Backup Save Tool
>Take out your flashcart and "hotswap" it with your official game cart
>Transfer your save over local WiFi

This also works with GBA games using the same exact tool

You can use the homebrew pokemon bank and just take them off of soul silver

How do I get NTR working on a9lh 11.0 sysnand? I keep getting errors and I have the latest files that I could find.

I'm just trying to play CTGP-7 and I don't want to use hans.

Oh how fucking cool
my ds corrupted the microsd card somehow