/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Jaffa Cree edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

Post the best looking ship design, of any aesthetic or class, that you can think of.

First for fanatic individualism

Materialist is shit. SHIT.

>mammals
>descendants of rodents
>making anything that looks good

Yamato mod when?

>First for fanatic individualism
So individualist in an hour and collective in two?

Does the Great Pyramid building do anything in stellaris?

>implying that triangle with bridge isn't schway as drokk
I bet you think the reptilian aesthetic looks good, too.

counts as a granary on every planet

White Patriarchy mod when?

>Administrative Efficiency VI

About how many centuries should a game usually take?

Anthropoid for lyfe.
Fuck aesthetics. I like the function>form look.

the only good aesthetic ships are Fungoid ones desu

Arthropoid is pretty up there desu.

Mammalian = Avian > Arthropoid = Fungoid > Reptilian > Molluscoid

Anyone got the mega link? My hard drive crashed and i need to reinstall it.

>Implying any of the ship aesthetics look good.
>Implying mammalian ships aren't the worst of all
>Implying any of the designs are functional either

Ship design mods when?

Game time or real time?

Most don't look like that, mammal corvettes are ugly as fuck

seconding these

Reptilian looks most like homeworld.

Game, smartass.

>UI improvement mod crashed the game in Clarke
>increasing UI scale on base game actually makes it worse
nice job paracucks

>no banana ship

>implying you just don't have shit taste

Agreed, but their destroyers and battleships are some of the best.

Pretty sure I saw a few people on the Paradox forums actually started modelling for the SBY universe.

Primitives can build it if you observe them

Heard that it made them jump two ages for someone.

The Mamalian ships are sorta like UNSC ships from halo also, but they are both horrible imitations that have none of the appeal.

>doing anything besides being stuck in the bronze/iron age

Doubtful

I've never had Primitives build pyramids, they just get xenophobic or end up nuking themselves into oblivion.

>2 allies vote NO to form a federation
>game won't tell me why

+3 research they build pyramids
+6 research they become xenophobic and kill themselves

I'm so glad that stations exist. They're the main mechanic keeping this game from just being deathball battles.

>hive mind pop factions

Seriously what is this shit? I've terraformed everything to arid planets to make these faggots happy and they want to break away even though they are a fucking hive mind

I picked this race SPECIFICALLY to avoid this internal crap

Can xenophobes genetically engineer themselves in 1.1? I mean change what the primary species is.

>hive mind

Collectivism doesn't mean that user

what internal crap?

I've been blobbing as individualists and haven't really much internal problems.
Some super humans got uppity once, but I put a mall on their planet and gave their neighbours e cups and then they were happy.

Stop aggressively observing them. Although nuclear war is possible no matter what, I've had 4 nuclear holocausts in my empire so far

Did the new patch make fortresses a worthwhile investment?

>research AI
>FE on the other side of galaxy tells me to stop being an idiot
Will outlawing AI cause me to lose the +10% research bonus?

Also, if me an my allies are all surrounded by other empires, we should be safe in the FE wardecs, right?

what are those red alert dots? mines?

sorry, new to this

lel whatever, I told them to piss off anyways :^)

Let's see if they can get at me.

from what I understand, AI is not worth it

LEL FUCK, APPARENTLY THEY CAN GET AT ME

I'm going to try and take down a single one of their ships, followed by immediately surrendering to their demands.

They have Jump Drives, they can pretty much go wherever.

>Vassal I've had from the start of the game is suddenly disloyal
>-250 from relative power of empires

What the shit does this mean?

Vassals (for some stupid reason) hate you more and more as you get more powerful than them.

>realize I don't get debris unless I kill their entire fleet
I guess I should surrender, then.

it means youre a weak bitch and your vassal knows it

On the upside, I still have the sentient AI research bonus. Also, props to my allies for letting the FE destroy their fleets.

having too many vassals makes that opinion stack

>be playing Space Nazis
>genocide three tiny, little planets
>entire universe pissed off at me
>except the Fanatic Xenophobe Fallen Empire

I wouldn't need to genocide people who would just fall in line and work like good, little citizens. But I guess I'll have to find an alternative for widespread genocide and population replacement.

Is there a good way of splitting up your fleet?

I want to remove all of a specific type of Corvettes.
Afaik, I have to scroll down, click it, see the list scroll to the top, then scroll down and click the next one.

I like the game, but the controls for it are just infuriating.

I thought civ5 was kinda clunky compared to earlier civ games.
Playing MoM on dos is smooth compared to this.

Make a race riot planet.
Maybe a tomb world if it doesn't have any wasteland to study.

Resettle pops you don't want over to that planet and hope that they die from the riots.

Or a bleak planet with a biome they don't like.
Oh, gene mod them so they don't like it then move them over there.

How are people finding the new patch? Are you enjoying that 10% research penalty per planet? does it improve the game?

>evasion nerfs
>xenophile/xenophobe buffs
>individualism no longer total garbage
>strike craft buffs
>accuracy bug fix
>all those AI improvements
Damn the game looks pretty playable now. How is the new Sector AI?

Haven't updated yet, but it seems like a good addition.
Now there'll be a bigger incentive for developing planets you already have instead of putting up a lab, reaching more celestial bodies and then moving on.

Don't forget the Militarist and Materialist nerfs.

How did they nerf materialism? The Tech cost change?

Nerfed their special building I think.

Not really, no. Tiny empires really aren't any fun, I always thought the whole 'tall vs wide' shit was stupid. Bigger should always be better, it should just be made more difficult to get to that size.

>evasion nerfs
fuck i'm over extended in a war between to late stage factions
only way i'm holding it together is torpedo corvette swarms
not gonna patch until the war is over or maybe just start a new game or something

What console commands can I use to change the name of an empire?

Which was the only thing they got to make up for the near impossible to access psionics.

I haven't played it yet, but my guess is it's going to increase the incentive to spam research and make research stations off-world that much more valuable.

Empire unique building which used to give +10% research speed.
Now it's 5%.

Create new fleet with one ship, choose both and drag and drop ships from one fleet into another.

I hope they will rebalance materialist vs spiritualist in one of the two coming patches.

I doubt it, they were stupid enough to think Materialist needed a nerf and to cut it off from an entire branch of tech in the first place.

>10% research penalty per planet?
holy fucking shit are you kidding me
>get 10 planets
>research cost is doubled
we're never getting end game tech again are we

I'll try that. I happen to have a spare tomb world laying around.

Thank you

Hire maniacal scientist.

What's the best corvette core?

They aren't completely cut off, it's just extremely rare. I've gotten psi-tech with materialist factions before.

I want my Overhaul mods so bad already.

Striker for your starting fleet, interceptor for mid-late game.

It sucks ass. In the vanilla game you could go for big planets to be a economic powerhouse, or go wide and thin for research. Now there's no reason to ever not just pile up planets as tall as possible, and anything that isn't 25-size is just plain garbage.

All Paradox did was dumb down the game because so many casuals were getting mad at being punished for uncontrolled pop-spam. Next they'll remove sectors too.

It is heavy nerf for early research and expand but for middle and late game you got slight buff in speed because pop penalties are lower. Anyway everyone is affected by this so relative speed is the same.

Interceptor for fighting corvette. Shifter for battleships meatshields.

>Previous model
>Colonize 10 planets that grow to hold 5 pops each
>Research cost is doubled

You didn't think very much about it, did you?

Vette swarms are still effective against the AI since you can get more raw DPS out of them, the vettes just die easier now. Had a war with 2 alien powers that, on the surface, had better tech and more fleet power that me, beat my destroyers silly but I had enough vettes to out gun them, plus vettes are so cheap to build that I was able to pump them out much faster than they could, so that's also a solution to the Tall v. Wide issue, if you go wide you should just concentrate on fielding larger forces of cheaper vessels instead of a few powerful ships . Though in your case you might still be fucked since the AI is more likely to use PD now.

>Damn the game looks pretty playable now. How is the new Sector AI?
Still retarded, but markedly less so, they actually respect the "redevelop" and "respect resources" buttons now, though they still have no idea what to do with all robot pops, though they are apparently more likely to place slave pops on appropriate tiles, they just won't make more slaves.

Just got Stellaris, and I'm slightly overwhelmed. I'm playing as the Commonwealth of Man, and I want to turn half of the AI into my vassals and conquer the other half. Any tips? Things I should focus on during the early game (tile, ships, edicts, and such)? Is researching supposed to take a shitload of time?

I'm not including the pop penalty, so if we include it and those 10 planets have 5 pops each (if they are over 10) that's 150% increase research cost.

Earlier you can grab planets for picking recourse by space stations without much penalty. You can fill planets with one robot or start building labs as pops grow. Now you are instantly hit by 10% penalty for each planet.

> so that's also a solution to the Tall v. Wide issue, if you go wide you should just concentrate on fielding larger forces of cheaper vessels instead of a few powerful ships .
Ehhh, how so? You fleet resources are piled in one pool. It is not like developed planet could build battleship faster.

>everyone is affected by this so relative speed is the same.
just makes a slow game even slower. If there was more variety of shit to do I wouldn't mind

Which ethic do you got fanatic on for a spiritualist/collectivist build /4xg/?

Irrelevant. Materialist need psionic scientists to start the chain.

khajiit race fucking when

>no full logh mod with ship models yet
>no gundam mod with mechs instead of corvettes
why even exist?

>the team has been extremely busy working on the first free patch for the game
>free
>patch
So this is what it's come to?

pacifist

xenophile

It makes sense in context.

>extremely busy
>75% of changes could've been done by literally anyone capable of using notepad
>people actually did so
>some things that random people fixed in mods are still broken
>EXTREMELY BUSY

whatever you want it hardly makes a difference but prob spiritualist for happiness

Collectivist. More good things happen going higher, especially if you combo it with Divine Mandate, Spiritualist just gets +5% more happiness and slightly better chances at psionics tech.