/mmg/ Mega Man General

Tron Cartoon Edition
Thread No.80
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Comic and Manga links
Archie
en.sonicscanf.org/comics/mega-man/

Mega Man X scanlations
drneko.com/scanlation/rmseries/index.php

Novas Aventuras de Megaman in English
web.archive.org/web/20120601135528/http://opentrain.199xchan.org/?page_id=28

Translated Iwamoto Rockman X3 manga:
mediafire.com/download/izq53cce369o83f/RMX3_manga_part1.rar
mediafire.com/download/7zy077auo502lec/RMX3_manga_part2.rar

Megaman X2,X3,X4 - Iwamoto Manga Raws: digitalmegamanworld.com/Rockman-X-Manga/

Final Chapter of the Iwamoto Rockman X1 manga:
mediafire.com/download/rrs47k206pj6aol/MMX_CH13.rar

pastebin.com/iqg7uBU1
Master Paste of translated fanmade 4Komas and Short Mangas made on Pixiv. Regular updates.

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/7sYzfBS3
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
youtube.com/watch?v=57JXaCsWY4c&list=PLHZZIc85hoGogta1t8aJHDwbgOZ2pnKNb
Ruby Spears Playlist

anime.megamanonline.org/
Contains episodes from Rockman.EXE, Ryuusei No Rockman plus other stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=laiSpoBtruw
Mega Man: Upon a Star English Dub
>We have a booru now! mmg.booru.org/

Extra links! (contains archive, extra booru links,etc. Will be updated as needed or suggested.)
pastebin.com/qu9UQS6h

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RbObidcwt2E
youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY
youtu.be/4Vy4hpXh7aI
youtube.com/watch?v=Gpr-YU6Xf8g
youtube.com/watch?v=b_osR36oxVU
youtu.be/q4PxZhzekSI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for GWA.

>HEY LISTEN!

Go, go, poor drawing of Grave Woman!

Do you take commissions

THIRD FOR DAY-CHAN.
MAKING SMILES ON A CLOUDY DAY!

She's cute!

No. No I do not.

No it's not canon.

8 months and 80 generals later. What a wild ride this has been so far.

Someone should make these shirts and send them to MOA and Capcom.

Ah ok

>youtube.com/watch?v=RbObidcwt2E

Damn straight.

Still... have we become Abe? Are we no longer with "it"?

youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY

I'd be okay with this if it weren't for Mega Mini. What purpose could he possibly serve?

>DON'T FORGET TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK

But yeah like Starforce fuse with little dude and become Iron man.

Call me cynical, but I swear he's probably a Rush replacement.

Which begs the question... WHY?

What kid, ages 6 to 9 wouldn't love a talking robot dog?

Rush is already confirmed in the new show.

Rush is in the show too

Oh thank god.

Then what the fuck IS his purpose?

eddie replacement

Why does my heart feel so bad?

So, intended for a useful purpose, but ends up being incredibly useless 90% of the time?

Joy.

he'll probably be a typical dog character, or worse, talk like scooby doo like he did in ruby-spears.

i still stand by rush being able to just talk normally being the best route. like why the fuck would you program a robot dog that can't communicate with people?

It's called disappointment.

Maybe if we're lucky they'll scrap the character after the first season. Joe Kelly's writing better be good. Duncan Rouleau, Steven Seagal and Joe Casey are working on it too.

Let's have a little faith in these guys cause both of the creators of the original Ben 10 are on it. It looks bad but maybe it'll be good once we actually see it.... I feel like our toxicity will seep into their work. They'll get petty and make passive aggressive episodes aimed towards us. We don't want that.

Because you want to create the best dog.
Dogs don't speak human, even the best ones.

Hell, for all we know, they might alter the design before release if the reception is bad enough.

>our toxicity

they'll literally use that as an excuse no matter what we say about it.

even if they never got a single death threat they'd still act like anyone who doesn't like it is just an entitled manchild because "it's for kids guys!!!!"

They've claimed it's for the parents who grew up with it too.
Always thought it speaks volumes anyway when somebody says that their show is so shitty that literally only young children who don't know any better can understand it.

youtu.be/4Vy4hpXh7aI

Yeah, I'm already getting that vibe from joe... I heard it's going to be a comedy, so I worry they're going to either make a mockery of Mega Man or they're going to treat their audience like they're incompetent.

QUICK TO TAKE OUR MIND OFF THE NEW SHITSHOW

How would you improve Mega Man Legends for the modern era? What gameplay changes would you make? What additions would you make? How would you fix the camera or controls?

I would take a more KH ARPG approach with it myself.

It's the face
Reminds me of those chinese bootlegs tbqh

I would literally just make Mega Man Trigger move better in a 3d environment.

Add a "Endless Ruin" side mode with auto-generated hallways and rooms for you to farm zenny in.

>QUICK TO TAKE OUR MIND OFF THE NEW SHITSHOW

no.

I wouldn't mind this
>4 possible party members, all relics of the past buried underground and discovered by you
>A Robot Master, (former) Maverick, Mutos-Reploid, and Pseudoroid
>Can only use 2 at a time, though
>A Cyber Elf and X-era Reploid are NPCs you also discover who join Roll on the coms to aid your further think of the Star Fox crew in Assault

>yfw i'm the only person who likes this design

why not something along the lines of Paper Mario's Sewers / The Thousand Year Door's Pit of 100 Trials?

the sewers were a dungeon you could poke around in until you hit a point where a roadblock made you go back and do more story before exploring further.

the pit of 100 trials was 100 floors of battles in an endurance challenge where you could only choose to quit every 10 floors. increasing difficulty the deeper you go.

better to have an environment actually designed for people to play than the stale meme of procedurally generated levels.

please don't mix the different eras

like you could maybe try and do some kind of in-betweener story that takes elements from its surrounding timelines and ties them together, but just having tie-ins for the sake of it would be so lame.

mutos-repliroids and falseroids are basically the same thing anyway

the design isn't bad, I just don't like the face and the whole "mini mega" thing.

I don't mind it, I just don't like the eyes and noodle limbs.

Well, if we're going to stick with bad cartoons,
LET'S BRING ON THE BAD CARTOONS.
STREET FIGHTER, I SUMMON THEE
youtube.com/watch?v=Gpr-YU6Xf8g

>4:06
>You've gotten sloppy and weak! You would have never fallen for that move before! Look at you! You've ignored your training, and you've turned against all of your friends!
>AND YOU! YOU'RE A LOSER!

Mixing the eras is a dumb idea because legends takes place thousands of years into the future.

I kinda fucked up with the hand though.

this is the same kind of bad as all the shitty pictures of rock or rockman volnutt 'passing the torch' to beck around when mighty no.9 was just kicking off

>circle gradient bg

I was drawing Neo Mega Man earlier too.
I couldn't figure out what color his buster was because of the shading, I figured his shoulders and arms were all dark blue.

Here's to us not regretting very hard

I just liked the idea of discovering older robots, having a bunch of styles throughout the series side by side. And it wouldn't be "Cut Man and Spark Mandrill join your team", it'd be new ones.
Legends is thousands of years in the future of the Megamanverse, but doesn't -look- that high tech. For Volnutt to discover a robot that looks similar to him but is no-where near as sophisticated (RM), or a robot that looks alien and -could- be more complex (pseudoroid) could be interesting to explore. The good guys are all about digging for artefacts, right?

Also Pseudoroids are characterised as being part Biometal, and have DNA, where Mutos-Reploids are just Mavericks of the future.

despite differing origins there's no significant aesthetic difference.

ZX also represents a really sore spot for me in that it's a whole lot of wasted potential and ZXa didn't make things better

didn't help that another Henshin Rockman series came out around the same time and was more successful at what it set out to achieve, whereas ZX just feels like a shittier Zero series game with more play styles but only 1-2 actually fun ones (your mileage may vary on the gimmick livemetals)

Stop, stop.
You're reminding me of Bifrost and Chronofroce.

>doesn't want ZX rep cause they personally didn't have fun with those games
Well thats no fair.
I personally loved both ZX's, playing as the bosses was great, something I've wanted to do since the NES Mega Man games. Livemetals were also fun throughout for me.
>they didn't try to play as Bifrost at any point the ceiling was high enough
That fucker was the best, c'mon. Even turning around was an attack

>I'll cut to the the chase, so shear me out!

>mixing eras
I think they mean "robots that represent other eras in MM history are discovered as fossils by Volnutt in his present time" rather than some time-line crossover mashup.

Jesus christ please no.

So, will we get to see Time Man and Oil Man in MM17?

Any one up for shitty fanart of one of the best things that came out of this place?
Here is some Maid! Father and son then,/mmg/.

Thank you based user!

youtube.com/watch?v=b_osR36oxVU

Which one of you memecucks orignally drew this frog.

post the original art thing i can't fucking find it.
I want to draw something

Love it. Your drawing looks nice. It'd look great done digitally.
But is Vile really that short?

Well, he is 160 cm, much like X. And my headcanon for Vent is 190 cm. So likely?

Yeah, he's only about 5'6''. That's 167.64 cm.

Everyone in the X series are manlets.

Plastic Water Bottle Man designed him. His name is Downpour Croaker.

That is what Megaman would do if he encountered them though. He is naively friendly

No wonder capcom keeps fucking him over. He's too trusting...

That's a cute frog

youtu.be/q4PxZhzekSI

I’d certainly agree the Star Force anime left a ton to be desired but… it had moments:

YEAHHHHH

This frog is my new favorite thing.

Feels like i just got fisted by the memeo-supremo. first sideways picture.

It got flipped so it was hard to tell wat I was looking at for a second.

>Tfw Scott left while he was ahead.
>Implying
;_;

Implying what?

I know Scott never left really left.

How would you do that with the shooting, though? He kind of has to control like a tank since he shoots to the middle of the screen. If you shot willynilly in any direction it'd be hell.

Hi meme!

Make it an actual 3rd person shooter, but Mega Man.

>Bringing it here for literally no reason.

Okay dude seriously what the fuck.

Alright, stop it. Shut the fuck up about him already. We aren't your personal lynch army.

Please don't be like this.
Just don't.

I hope Mega Man's school has a uniform. I want to see cute robots in school uniforms.

Are there any third person shooters with decent jumping and exploring, though?

Digger
>simplest movesets, most variety of weapons
>Combine Parts to make special weapons
>Allow multiple combinations for mix and match
>Upgrade the parts instead of the weapon itself. ie. upgrading the barrel part improves attack power of whatever it's a combined into
>KH command wheel, but the wheel only dictates which special weapon you switch to.

Pirate/Mook master
>3 servbots
>most upgrades go to your servbots/mooks
>Giving them 1 Part gives them an appropriate ability/upgrade
>Equipping 2 parts to one servbot is a lategame upgrade
>KH command wheel, but the wheel only dictates which servbot you actively control.

Croire yes, that one
>Brings 3 cyber elves, each aligned to one of 4 archetypes.
>Cyber elves reside in the Part that they came from.
>"Shifting" into a particular cyber elf takes on aspects. Jump height, means of attack, etc.
>KH command wheel, but the wheel only dictates which cyber elf you switch to.

probably still one-man party(plus spotter), though. It's much harder to lend a sense of weight to your attacks with multiple characters.

I don't even care if the graphics are comparable to MML2. Just spruce up the faces and talking, and keep the low-poly models for actual play.

The analog stick alone makes things much easier, as we all know from KH.

dear user,
how do you know what to improve when you practice?
When I practice drawing, I'm often not sure what to do to draw a better, more pleasing figure, even if I know I'm doing poorly.

WEW LAD

at least sonic boom had decent marketing and an ok cartoon. the mighty9 trailer and this new megaman make me want to kill myself

I've always taken little breaks.
Never try to draw something nice in one sitting.
you'll find a shitton of things you want to change if you get up and take a piss, grab a snack, and play some games before coming back to it, like proportions and angles.
I've already edited Dowpour Pepe a few times, mainly his feet and hands since i posted this.

Good things take time, And just because you can't draw a certain way, doesn't mean you won't find a great style that fits you.

>when you fuck up your video game so bad the fucking frozen food industry chimes in

WEW

Savage.

Better yet, ProtoFaggot said he'd dump the entire game online if Comcept misses the next release date. Delivery pizza services usually offer a "If your order takes over 1 hour, your pizza is free" deal.

I can't handle theme memes

If Mighty No. 9 has accomplished anything besides get itself badly wounded through Deep Silver's gut-wrenchingly terrible trailer, it's managed to make me want to eat pizza.

It's not delayed. It's Digiorno.

>Tfw thursday night at midnight but you want pizza and every fucking place is closed.

I'm having pizza tomorrow night.
It will be.

>mfw I just made the connection between the pizza explosions.

Welcome to the conclave, brother.

I got out of my comfy bed to take a picture of my fridge pizza for you memelings.

Enjoy your pizzaless night, fuckers.

W E W L A D

E

W

L

A

D