Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Taming the beast edition

>Great news!
Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

2p.com/42564646_1/Monster-Hunter-Online-English-Patch-Coming-out-on-May-30-by-cindyhio.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2 spots

What if monster info books actually gave useful information?

life would be marginally better. Would be cool if after buying the book it started filling in info based on shit you did or how many you killed so that guides didn't feel so mandatory.

It could have been so

haha

Info like how does congalala's pelt smell like?

haha I'm just curious haha

do you think congalala has ever accidentaly swallowed a hunter? haha

I wonder how Congalala smells inside haha do you think he ever gets embarrased after farting?

>8-4 actually doing something good after they've censored games like Fire Emblem

I refuse to believe that image is real.

8-4 did fantastic work on 3rd gen, for starts.

2p.com/42564646_1/Monster-Hunter-Online-English-Patch-Coming-out-on-May-30-by-cindyhio.htm

This should've been in the OP a long time ago

The localization director (andrew alfonso) did a whole presentation about it

>actually know their target audience
>want to do helpful things like make tutorial quests fuck off and give hitzone charts

How the hell are these the same guys who thought Fire Emblem was played by children and thus censored it?

>Monster hunter giving info about how the game works..
YES.

Holy shit, how are we even supossed to play monster hunter without Kiranico/Wiki/dex/gamefaqs/expensive gaming guides.?

Honestly just been waiting for it to actually come out since it's more exciting actually being able to use it.

No, but Hunter's notes should get more than 1 page per monster that give additional info like hitzones and small stories about them similar to MHFU's books by the bed.

Have requirements for each page that include
>specific quest/request
>capturing it
>hunting the sub
ect

Does Generations have online multiplayer? I heard somewhere that a recent MH on 3ds only had offline multiplayer.

You heard wrong, casual.

mhgen does have multiplayer I think you're talking about 3ultimate which only had lan on 3ds

Thanks, obese fedoralord.

No problem, shitter.

FU tigrex is fucking bullshit

>that tail hitbox on his charge
>the highgrade roar that lasts longer than fucking monoblos and is a guaranteed hit/cart every time

Don't forget

>does as much damage in FU low rank as he does in 4U G rank

>3ultimate
>recent

you mad brah?

It is the only released 3DS MH title with only offline MP you spaptic cunt

>recent

mh3u was 5 years ago, feel old yet?

No shit it is not recent, that's why he's been told he heard wrong-

Why do they think slapping AoE on everything makes it fun and challenging?

ask the people who designed X Lagiacrus

This is so fucking frontier
>shoots 10 tornadoes
>combine into 1 huge tornado
>shoots fire into it to become a huge flaming tornado
>when the tornado dispels it becomes a meteor shower
>all this while constantly pulling you into it

The WoW legion beta is looking great

I want rock steady to be a good skill again!

When can I start playing online without being seen as a shitter, at which armor/weapon tier?

its usually agreed that caravan deviljho is a good point to start doing online since you should hopefully have decent gear by then and also have an idea of how to play your weapon

By Caravan Jho who is frenzied the player is very close to the end of the story anyway, so they might as well wrap it up.

you finish the master's test

He can't even do the Master's Test without ranking up in Guild

Same goes for the Caravaneer's Challenge

Wow, hunter! Fighting that big monster sure looks exhausting! I bet you'd like to take a nap!

What is the best weapon to solo black gravios with? I hate this thing so much. I can definitely solo it but I am not having fun doing so trying to get another pallium

High water + Water Attack+3
if not, High Dragon + Dragon Attack+3 (weaker since only the belly is weak to dragon, unlike water and the legs)

Is that Stories?

No, I think it's one of those Felyne Village games.

Water CB with Guard Up if you have no shame. If you don't have Watatsumi (Dah'ren) or Maximinsect (Seltas), surely you have Ceadeus Regalia at least, right? When Naked & Afraid is done it's like one of the easiest Rarity 10 weapons to obtain.

Alternatively, HBG with no limiter that supports Pierce S Lv3.

> Use Memeruin Baguette + partbreaker
> mount
> cut tail, carve twice
> mount
> break head
> subquest out

beating him completely takes too long, did this and got my pallium in like 10 tries which took probably 15 minutes.

A rapid fire water lbg.

Fuck Black Blos.

>try to make a new set for the shiny new weapon
>for the love of god can't get a halfway decent looking set with the skills I want

>monster flies 3 areas away to eat

Are you using advanced search? You can single out the uglier pieces that barely have higher defense than another piece with mostly the same essential skills and slots.

Yeah I know.
That clownsuit is the best looking one to give you an idea of how horrible the rest of it is.

The best thing I can do right now is farm charms I guess.

>It's an expedition where the monster can't fight between the second and third areas, and has to go between the first and fourth

What skills, might I ask?

Sometimes you gotta pray that the pigment selection actually does wonders for your armor, too.

Sharpness +1
Razor Sharp
Horn Maestro
Evade Extender
Bombardier

It is for the Teostra Orpheée.
I love how it sounds.
Grisdrum with awaken is probably a better blast HH

Preach.

Ditch Bombardier and Evade Extender and you're good.

What's your point?

Guess I could ditch Bombardier.
Don't like playing HH without Evade Extender though

Why? You walk as fast as you move with EE, besides it's as hard as awaken to get on a good set, you won't have good looking gear with it.

how the fuck did evade extender on HH become a trend

how did it become a common thought that the weapon with the highest unsheathed movement speed needs a mobility skill

I am just used to the positioning I guess.
You evade so much with the HH.

No..? XA wait XA is the combo, you only evade if you fuck up and don't input the idle XA but the moving SA.

>Grisdrum with awaken is probably a better blast HH

One guy in the previous thread was telling me this and suggested I dropped S+1 to get Awaken for it because of the fuckhuge white and abysmal purple. Fair enough too.

But someone please tell me how well Species-confused Magala stuff reacts to pigments because this is getting kinda ridiculous.

Because you rarely ever put the weapon away.

Try it sometimes instead of just looking at how HH works. Seriously try a set with Maqam sedition and tell me it is not amazing with Evade Extender.

You evade after every single song if you aren't stupid.
Because of all those extra frames.

>You need EE to cancel attacks
>Fast unsheathed speed
>"But you dont sheathe!"

I just made the female chest to test it. Pigment just changes the lines on the front of the body

>>You need EE to cancel attacks
Never said that.
But the user said you don't evade much with a HH.
You fucking do.
Especially if you play it aggressive. Which you should.

>>Fast unsheathed speed
>>"But you dont sheathe!"
I do not understand how rare sheathing means you don't evade.
You move fast on the field. With EE your positions is even better.

You are saying you are already fast enough and you don't need it right? Is that the argument.
I am saying that is stupid.
Its like saying GS does a lot of damage therefore you don't need really AuL

You focus on the things the weapon already does well and make it great.

Not even the wings either?

That's a shame since I remember the high rank Gore armor being drastically changed by pigment, I used it with white and used the prance gesture to look like some kind of stupid moth with the flaps of cloth on the arms and all

Would you befriend a Tama?

Nope, didn't notice any change on the wings front or back

I'd like to go hunting with Tama!

Nope, it's like saying GS has shit mobility thus it needs EE.
It's pointless to put EE on most weapons because you actually use the rolls to reposition, with EE you move too far, and it's even more pointless on HH since walk even faster than all the other weapons, fast enough to dodge things by walking out of the way.
When you actually need to dodge you'll be using iframes, not distance.

Tama is not for hunting, Tama is for petting.

I did that edit too, it makes me happy it's still being used.

Do you actually use the HH?

It really sounds mostly theoretical with you harping on about the fast movement.

Yes I do, and I tried EE on it and it's a hindrance more than anything, without it you can stick close to the monster and you don't need to move too much to hit it.

Crossposting from /v/ buyfag thread

new MH figs incoming

Kirin sluts confirmed, other hunter set they will be putting out is Kaiser

Also klepto cats, reg cats and even the Ace Palico apparently

You wouldn't want Tama help you hunt? There's time for petting too.

I think I'm the only one who actually reposts that image.

alright I'll give it a chance.
But for the magam sedition specifically I tried without EE and it is just shit.

where can i pre-order the kirin slut?

Is that final? That pose is awfully boring and it looks stiff

It's a proto sculpt, it will get articultation, and Revos are super poseable

Dunno, but I would keep an eye out for pre orders because I bet it 's going to sell out faster than a carried frenchy carts on a 140

Because Tama's only job is to look cute.

Well, it's good to know someone likes it enough to repost it.

I just bought a power save so that I can have a female character with g rank items without having to fight my way through to g rank again. But I still feel like im going to cheat myself out of th mh experience even though I have already started endgame. What do you guys think about this?

free yourself from the RNG

Haha

just droped my 3ds and now it keeps randomly turning off, while im saving up for another should i play frontier G or online?

wake up /mhg/, it's real hunter hours!

K

Well shit

That said, any other weapons that benefit from Awaken and don't really need S+1?

ara ara hunter-kun~

>REAL NARGA HOURS WHO UP

zzzzzzzzzz...

>Tama will never wash your mouth out with soap

When you're having a hard time getting a rare, do you like to do the math to see how long ago you should have had it so you can get upset? I do.

I gotta keep killing it

Depending on the monster, if the farming group is constantly failing then it kind of kills some interest

So I just fought Ostgaloa in the gathering hall to get into high rank. It took me about 23 minutes to do solo (95% solo since I dced early on). Is that a normal time? I felt like that took way longer than it should have. But that could be because I'm not entirely sure what to do in the fight as I was mainly focusing on his tentacle heads.

Trying to search up much info on the fight itself doesn't seem very easy to do either as not much about it is really talked about.