/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Turboprop Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition
fanfiction.net/search.php?keywords="war thunder"&ready=1&type=story

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Teamspeak address you can use
ts.gornahate.org

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

first for boredom-kun is qt and I wish he'd go out with benchbro

Hey fuck you all,

ANIME!

Real new thread here

>slav shitters

ebin

>everything is premium
>except tier V where you just have to goy up to get the vehicle in this lifetime

Honestly it's a genius business model but I'm done with gaijin's wild ride.

Popping tanks in the Typhoon is top fun.

>playing cromwell
>a wirebelfag spaa appears
>shoot it
>only driver dies
>he looks at me
>instant blows me up

great game

where did he hit you to blow up in a crowell?

>all of germany's tungsten reserves were for 20mms

SPAA are literally the worst

That new slav spaa with the 20-something mm can do a lot of bullshit damage. Its ridiculous.

Those are some funny looking shermans

fuck off.

right in my front through the turret. I'm really getting tired of this shit, everygame i play most people are driving SPAA now because you can just zoom around and flank and light up enemies.

Or in my case my armor is so shit apparently that this thing penetrated my front turret and it killed my crew

Because they're clearly Panthers and Tigers?

But Typhoons never fought Tigers or Panthers.

>he doesn't get it
NEWFAGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The joke is Typhoons caused a few friendly fire accidents while tank busting during the Falaise Pocket. Plenty of Americans did too, but it's only funny when other countries do it.

Sorry I dont get this dumb new meme you all are tying to impose

t. boredom

>a few

>let me namedrop to cover up my retardation

they have 64mm of pen at a 90 degree angle. british weren't really big on slopes

Okay but Typhoon friendly fire MIGHT have happened though I'm sure it WAS RARE. Like during the heat of battle.

>7 August, a RAF Hawker Typhoon strafed a squad from 'F' Company/US 120th Infantry Regiment, near Hill 314, France, killing two men. Around noon on the same day, RAF Hawker Typhoon of the 2TAF was called in to assist the US 823rd Tank Destroyer Battalion in stopping an attack by the 2nd SS Panzer Division between Sourdeval and Mortain but instead fired its rockets at two US 3-inch guns near L'Abbaye Blanche, killing one man and wounding several others even after the yellow smoke (which was to identify friendlies) was put out. Two hours later, an RAF Typhoon shot up the Service Company of the 120th Infantry Regiment, US 30th Division, causing several casualties, including Major James Bynum who was killed near Mortain. The officer who replaced him was strafed by another Typhoon a few minutes later and seriously wounded. Around the same time, a Hawker Typhoon attacked the Cannon Company of 120th Infantry Regiment, US 30th Division, near Mortain, killing 15 men. An hour later, RAF Typhoons strafed 'B' Company/US 120th Infantry Regiment on Hill 285, killing a driver of a weapons carrier.

I can't stand teeb T3
this is just suffering the comet and T4-T5 is not worth this shit

fucking can't kill soviets for shit they bounce adn no pen all day long

and all i get played against are soviets

fuck Gaijin
fuck RB
fuck Teeb
fuck this game

The Eternal anglo strikes always

brit pilots were literally drinking tea mid-fight and the steam from the water heater made them basically blind

>what is churchill 7

I don't think I can drive anything other than soviets at this point. The only nation that even competes is Germany and even then it's only in selective BR ranges.

A tank that also can't pen soviets unless you flank, but guess what now you're in a churchill and slow as fuck.

Meanwhile soviets can easily pen you even frontal.

Teeb is only half decent when you get downtiered.

soviets are the most balanced nation goy
-10 GE

Play sim only, then you only fight germans!

>drive claps, brits, krauts
>actually get kills
>never actually win

>drive slavs
>hard to get kills
>win 80% of the time

I don't know about you, but I find it's kidna hard to get kills in slav machines because all the other slavs are just cruise controlling all the way to a win.

>naziboos on damage control trying to convince everyone German tanks aren't just as bad as Soviet ones

Every time

Frozen Pass is quickly becoming one of my top 3 least favorite maps. It's like pure, refined spawncamping.

The only damage control I see here is a slavboo who can't deal with the fact that his wins are owed to playing on easy mode

>slavshit trying to deflect the blame

Germans only get good after Tiger in T3 and even then they are easy kills, Slavshits are good from T1.

>slavshits are good from T1
t. nazishill who hasn't played any other nation

t. slavshit who is blinded by his easy mode.

But im a nazi apologist and i only play american planes

Clappers > Teeb >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> German >>>>> Soviets

remember goyim, soviets won WWII for you

>me and enemy tank aim at each other
>fire at the same time
>he takes out my gunner and breach
>my shell disappears mid-flight

>2.3 BR
>4.7 BR
literally impossible, unless event
Even if we are talking Arcade, you can't bring down BR more than one step, so lineup with Fw 190 can be 4.3 at lowest

aw shit, I forgot first Fw 190 is 3.7
Still impossible outside Arcade, and even in Arcade rare as fuck.
Besides real cancer at this rank is Bf 109 F4

Germans>Slavs>>>Americans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>italy (what the fuck are you doing)>britain

>clappers top
>when their planes fly like bricks with engine strapped on

who else grinding like mad in last few dev server hours?

I'm sorry, I had my >>> the wrong direction all the > should be

It's not like you keep the research.

surely u jest

britshit go back to sucking muslim dick

I jest not. What kind of retard are you to think they'd let you get all that shit for free?

shit

downloading world of tanks as you read this post
you guys are too fucking mad about everything and i hate russians

>you guys are too fucking mad about everything
Is this your first day on Veeky Forums?

so every thing i just researched is all for fucking naught?

My problem is that /wtg/ is the /v/edditor kind of mad, not the Veeky Forums kind of mad.

Yes. It's the hype server, not the ultra-grind server.

)))))) fucking slavs

Oh boy then you'll love WoT, it's completely opposite to that!

Low rank Burger planes are well ballanced, properly armed and still quite maneuverable but above 3.0 their planes start beign less agile than fucking IL-2. Currently working up to unlock P-51, it should get better, I hope, but late Tier 2 planes are plain awful.

>mfw i play both games regularly
and enjoy neither

Nigger don't tell me you were actually so clinically retarded that you thought Gaijin would just give out an x5 bonus for 12 hours for free.

I've been supplementing WoT with WoWS recently. It's nice. Less suffering.

I..I got my hopes up :(

Gore pics?

>I hate russians
welp you won't like WoT either because Wargaming is russian.

Oh, and just to rile up the naziboos, this happened because the sewers underneath the King Tiger collapsed under it's weight.

this one isn't destroyed, it fell into sewer

how does that "rile up the naziboos"

They don't like it when you point out fundamental flaws of their supertanks e.g. being too heavy to drive down a main road.

ok kid

>t. naziboo
2ez gg

>one ATGM hit knocks off the turret
jesus christ, WT is dumbed down

Don't even get anyone started about how HE should be working.

>update 1.59
>four new vehicles and one updated model for britain.
>only one of the new vehicles is not a premium
>free vehicle is not a much needed tank
>its another worthless doesnt fit in the game meta heavy bomber with peashooters

kill me

>teebs being this mad
eric

is that really all thats being added to the patch? Just this fucking trash? 3 months for this little?

that reminds me, today when I tried out the Sheridan I fired into the side of the KT turret. shrapnell all got absorbed by the side ammorack. 4.9kg of TNT equivalant was what I think the 152mm had.

It turned orange

thats it as for britain as far as anyone knows, with the sneak peak page up and the dev server opened, yeah its really fucking sad. also we got the only premium ATGM too.

This is how slav tanks get racked. In Western tank, even if rack gets hit, there's solid chance for you to GTFO before tank turns inferno, thanks to less potent, but more stable HE load, and better ammo placement.
But in cramped Soviet tanks, if propellant is lit up it will ignite HE almost instantly.
There's video of Saudi Abrams getting racked like it's T-72. This is exactly result of loading it with rounds as tightly as Soviets did.

This was only really made a thing with the M1 Abrams, the blowout panels.

Unsure if the T-14 has similar compartments, but I'd think so considering the separate autoloading turret.

Low BR anything is typically balanced. Honestly after 4.0 things just become a shit tornado.

which one of the missile nigger tanks isn't premium?
the german one?

Most people wont even fucking see this shit, 90% of the playerbase hasnt hit that level anyway I cant fucking believe it, let alone with the insane tank grind too.

....All of them other than the British one? Have you even been paying attention to the ATGM tanks or do you just want something to complain about with them?

the german american and russian trees get regulat ATGMS in the tech lines, britbongs will have to pay for theirs with gold.

THATS FUCKING BULLSHIT
WHAT THE FUCK

Dude, are you ok?

No i think its bullshit that they literally have to hide the British tanks behind a paywall to protect the other faggots

Gaijin will proooooobably reveal a main tree ATGM tank for the British. Probably.

Either that, or you guys get cucked.

After they sold it to Sweden and Sweden modified it it stopped being a British tank. They shouldn't have it at all.

Fucking Teebs I swear

.-.

kek

I'VE E-MAILED GAIJIN OVER THREE DOZEN TIMES ON FOUR DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS.

WHY WON'T THEY DELETE IT AS QUICKLY AS IT DELETES EVERYTHING ELSE?

Because dirty sweaty greasy weeb money matters more than your opinions?