/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

YE BE NUTHIN BUT A SEA URCHIN edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
Bannerlord will be shown at E3, maybe some siege.
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15
youtube.com/watch?v=xdSzGoTc_ns
youtube.com/watch?v=gnGNojC8XrE
youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4

RPS Interview with Armagan : rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/28/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-interview/

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/fcmVyuQ0

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0
>Caribbean! Blood and Gold (on Steam)
snowbirdgames.com/blog/?p=1632

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yYeFYcNgm7U
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

Phantasu is still being developed

2nd for re-instating Prima Nocta

post armies

TWWH units ported to Warsword when?

This makes me realize I have 0 good pics of my troops.

>implying I give a shit about Warsword
>implying TWWH isn't shit anyway even if it's somewhat enjoyable
I'm going to do the usual practice of completely ignoring a game until a year after launch. Attila is extremely solid right now and R2 with DeI is actually fairly enjoyable if you exclude the nonextant politics. The game may or may not be good in a year but right now is still pretty fucking shallow.

I'm doing the same with Stellaris. It looks so disappointingly shallow. Hopefully after paradox releases a couple hundred dollars of DLC like it does for it's other games it will be better.

What exactly would an expansion for TW do to correct its shallowness? The battles all have great variety right now, but anything map related will always be the same dull affair.

>great variety
In my opinion the variety in battles is equivalent to what they used to be or even somewhat inferior. There are fewer units in total and more unit types in total, but still not all that many.
The map related shallowness means that, unlike say S2 or Attila where the map was shallow but actually had something to do and some modicum of decision making (especially if in Attila you got rid of the public order penalty for local food deficit since that's fucking bullshit), there's legitimately nothing at all to do on the map in Warhammer.

Is Fires of War actually good? It's in the pastebin but nobody ever talks about it.

mods for Caribbean when

what's that which you want most from bannerlord?

better lategame kingdom management. It's such a pain in the ass right now.

Better control. I understand how the swing thing works but Jesus does it refuse to cooperate sometimes.
>Trying to swing a voulge from horseback
>Keep thrusting despite doing the motions
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This to be honest. Also family trees

Cloth physics for banners. I want to march into battle with fuke huge flags flying in the wind.

I'd prefer marching sounds to cloth physics. In fact, I want formation marching.

>dense formations of shock troops marching in formation
>dust clouds trailing behind them, the stamp of armoured boots echoing across the battlefield
>the heavy thud of flagpoles and capped boots beating out a rhythm on the dry ground, armaments slapped against shields, hoarse voices crying out in barely contained bloodlust

GIVE
IT
TO
ME

Sounds like Total War goths.

Better combat AI and real formations

why do people use cuck arrows to fight with?

>coming back from the dead to show who really was kangs n sheeit

Better combat Ai, formations, real siege weapons. Good diplomacy and trade. Less bandit/tournament grind (for that the criminal enterprise we've seen looks like a nice way to ease the starting phase of the game)

they use what?

ways to burn/ruin unwanted forts and bridges, and construct new ones in locations you wish

oh yeah, seasons of the year and seasonal weather to go with them would be cool too

Snowy parts of 1257 are good as fuk, transitioning from fighting in the snow with no visibility, to training peasants (in the ankle deep water) at my vikings-tier village with longboats in sight, to campaigning in foresty marshy parts of russia should be mandatory in bonerlord.

If we get that imagine how good it will be on the mods

I want to be comfy

LONG MAY HE REIGN

chariots mite b cool. and upgrading your supply train from "having horses in your inventory makes u go faster" to like uh, carts and things maybe

>lent mount and blade from brother
>don't expect much
>empty samey world
>no character has anything interesting to say
>no lore
>always the same banal quests
>nice medieval villages but nothing in it
>no point in exploring really
>game has virtually nothing that usually interests me in RPGs
>somehow its fun
>in fact its fucking addictive
>play it almost 48hrs straight
>no idea what I am doing, suck balls at combat
>still at it

how the fuck is this game so addictive even though its objectively bad and I fucking suck at it

Because nothing will ever compare to knocking seven bells out of someone with a fucking greatsword while laughing about how your faction is the best.

h-heh

the combat is good. realistic enough to be thrilling but gamey enough to be fun. it feels barebones sometimes but at least theyre strong fucking bones

quia non est mihi

>3.01fps

It finally happened.

THREE

>3 days

thats good to hear. im glad they finished up with whatever problems caused their initial delays

I hope you made your own colors, user.

>Bretonnia has m'Lady on their fucking flag
*tips*

thought I was seeing things, but nope, it's just that bad

Let's see your banner if it's so great.

is that zulu mod fun. i see lots of webms of it around here

very, only one dedicated server with a 20 player limit though, but the lads there are alright

>tfw rose to power too late
>No port city for me to take except Nam and the colonies
>Turks already BTFO hard by the Portugese
What should I do lad? The Thai are also too strong. Im a mere captain with 120 good men.

Also, Warsword cumquest is on Monday.
10-7 days left.
>Saggy tits on banner
lad...

which mod should I play

Nothing
Go read a book today, you already played too much

be able to commit genocide against a race
resettle areas with my own populace
be able to reculturalize areas

yeah i wanna wipe out those battanians, too

Battanians will never be wiped out because they are protected by their Wiccan gods.

3 DAYS

what is the ideal point to transition from mercenary/vassal into ruling your own kingdom? do i have to make sure ive buttered up tons of decent lords first?

*when you know you can beat 300-400 man armies alone
*when you got some dough
*when you got high renown and right to rule
*and the obvious stuff (do it when the kingdom is weak)

that explains why bandits respawn eternally

They are not bandits, they are just the true rulers of Calradia. Calradia was ALL Battanian before invaders came.

are both sides playable or just the redcoats

Is there any counter to Motherfucking Horse Blender Army besides mountainous terrain?

the player is the counter
shat on all those horsefuckers of Swadia and Sarranid without issue

thick lumps of spearmen and some archer types to shoot the horses dead

>they made a sword in the stone for caribbean!
the absolute madmen

I'm pretty sure that they made one recently, it used Dynasty Warriors for inspiration

thats peculiar

does it do blunt damage

youtube.com/watch?v=yYeFYcNgm7U
Warsword port when

i think that's a prop you draw it out of
because the sword mesh is just the old 2h sword model with a lightning script effect

how unfortunate. it would be a lot funnier to pick up the entire sword+stone and swing it around as a blunt weapon

warsword already has pirates

you could just edit the mesh to do that actually
that happens in magicka, there's a sword in the stone weapon but you get the rock with it

They should port some of the Snowbird assets to Warswords
I have no idea why they didn't used the ones from Caribbean or from WFaS for the Pirates and Kislev factions

Just bought Blood and Gold: Caribbean

Did I fuck up?

The Lord's light does not reach the people here. Shameful.

theyre probably worried that they would complain, since those are still for-sale dlcs

i hope you enjoy yourself. report back to us with what you think of it

yeah, Blood and Gold is free dude lmao

>theyre probably worried that they would complain
supposedly the dev team is fine about people using their stuff, there's lots of mods that use WFAS assets
sword of damocles and FI2 off the top of my head

PURGE

This woman isn't even wearing a shirt. Just a jacket. That's not how clothing works, girl.

where is it for free?

pirate bay

okay but that version is old as ass

Horse racing? I used to race against my brothers all the time. This will be easy.

I'm not sure why this ship is here and why it is part of the track. In other news, I'm in last place. I think they gave me a Spanish horse.

They have shortcuts and whores in cages.

Tried to visit a pirate and Spanish town to see if they were unique. Both looked the same as ever. Visited an English town and got to see drummers and an army marching. At least the English can do something right.

Blood and Gold, the update to Carribean, is free

>mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g

You forgot the skins.txt

Literally pike and shot in the hands of the player. The AI is fuckwitted so no.

The French know how to design a town, I'll give them that. You had to walk on the damn roofs to get places in English towns.

And the Dutch... the Dutch have stalls. Hundreds of stalls. They must have been trying to save a few coins, the lazy bastards.

Those scenes are pretty nice.

Public executions? I don't know what to say.

3 D A Y S

I feel ya, man.

>that girl to the left
Is she a whore or something

That or a maid.