/owg/ Overwatch General

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>/owg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f4jgjADsR1q3vjxS4SvLBaqvvnAcr0Pxg4ggs6_wObw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>/owg/ Survery
docs.google.com/forms/d/1n4-Xcs6_u2-uPPNrSUYiyKhE1_xFxrt1NsgbsrSOw6w/viewform

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/twRyTamX (embed)

>Torbjorn "Destroyer" Comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/torbjorn-destroyer

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/playoverwatch/rejuvenescencia
soundcloud.com/playoverwatch/wemovetogetherasone
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All of Reinhardt's efforts cannot make up for the greatest professional failure of his career: Köln, New Year's Day 2016

>Tfw how short the songs are for lucio's speed and healing boosts
Why? I really want to hear them.

>playing torb on defense
>drop armor intended for our genji
>our widow picks it up
>mfw

>you will never shove your nose up widowmaker's asshole and take long, deep inhales

why do i even live family

i really hope they buff junkrats splash damage soon

he fucking sucks right now

>Great Tier
Ilios
Route 66
Watchpoint: Gibraltar
Dorado
>Pretty Fun Tier
Hanamura
Lijiang Tower
Nepal
>Okay Tier
King's Row
Hollywood
Numbani
>Legitimately Imbalanced Tier
Temple of Anubis
>Just Plain Bad Tier
Volskaya Industries

Prove me wrong.

Protip: It's mostly subjective.

Probably so you don't have trouble hearing audio cues for other players special actions

neverwatch

Post' em

An Euros wanna group up for the xp bonus?

Don't have to talk

BlackOwl#2424

Increasingly, instead of with Tracer, Zarya or Pharah, Mercy is increasingly shipped with Genji. Hopefully, this peverse and disgusting trend can be stopped

Healing boost sounds like mass effect music

It's kind of nice actually. Sounds like some kind of ambient.

Speed boost sounds like kitschy EDM to me though. Not really into it.

i agree but i think volskaya and anubis should be changed around.

>Those Genji winrates

The fuck?

back up to 60% win rate boys

dropped to 50% for a bit

At least her ass won't be as nasty as D.va's

>Legitimately Imbalanced
>Temple of Anubis

* * * * * * * SHITTER ALERT * * * * * * *

Am I a decent console pleb?

Thanks Blizzard for good hitboxes :^).

soundcloud.com/playoverwatch/rejuvenescencia

soundcloud.com/playoverwatch/wemovetogetherasone

>Okay Tier
>Hollywood
Nigger, Hollywood is the best map in the game.

>hate mei because i feel she's cheap
>constantly have to go mei on defense since shitters keep overloading the team with snipers and suck at them

Prior to leading the uprising against Vishikar, Lucio worked as a pool boy in a resort for Western tourists, where he occasionally fucked gringo women but more often than not took it up the ass from lecherous aged, European men

Torbjorn's comic was actually pretty good, compared to the others at least.

>Have to walk 5 miles to get to the first capture point
>The attackers are literally a couple of feet away from it
yea surely this is fair

when does the masteroverwatch stats update

i hit update, but it doesn't do anything

Stop dancing and hold your shield still with whoever you want to block at the center

Pretty good game, but me and my friends, all two of them got sick of this shit already. The fact that you can pick duplicate heroes and that some heroes are still grossly overpowered and nothing has been done to them since the betas, creates this frustrating environment where we constantly keep saying "X game doesnt have this bullshit, lets just go play that instead" and then we do.

Hopefully the Competitive mode will fix some of this stuff and that the balance issues are weeded out by then. Kinda hate how the gameplay is so "simple" that you get real sick of the maps on offer, real fast. Every match feels the same and this odd fatigue is starting to set in really fast.
Despite all the shit-talk, I do still think its a "good" game, but it has some issues and its not worth all the praise its getting.

I hate this weird thing that has been happening with multiplayer games in the past 2 years. You buy a game, its not feature complete, you buy into the release hype, play it for a bit and then go "yeah we'll just wait untill its fixed/complete" which is usually months after release and theres a big chance nobody gives two fucks about the game after that time. Kinda hoped that Blizzard wouldnt fall into this crap, but of course they did. Goddamnit.

Thanks 4 reading my blog amigos, have fun with the game I guess.

i've got 1300 credits

can't decide between junker or bva

>Stop dancing
I was just following the payload.
>hold your shield still
Not my fault that I got just for one step too close to the payload.
>with whoever you want to block at the center
So I shouldn't cover ENTIRE enemy team's damage, just the one I FEEL like?

Okay.

>No tl;dr
tl;dr

They're both shit. Get chrome and a legendary for a different hero.

It's shit when the situation calls for solid dps and tank but everyone goes sniper or squishy flankers.

heroes ordered by win percentage senpai

bva all the way. that little crown is adorable

junker is literally garbage

>Spend 4 minutes trying to get team to stop rushing in one by one and wasting their ults and instead group up and push
>It never happens

Look I know that at higher levels offense wins like 75% of the time just because they only have to win one team fight but holy fuck. This shit is impossible in the scrub ranks.

TL;DR: The games alright, but has some major issues and Im going to stop playing it untill the June patch.

I am a meiner, ask me anything.

Where can you see this?

>wah wah i lost but it's not my fault xd
>c ya losers

*hits unsubscribe*

Why does his pubic hair look like a christmas tree

I told you what was going on, and nobody else was shooting at you. You're supposed to be a center of stability for your team. People can't rely on you if you're waving your shield and twitching around like your armor is filled with red bull

how is this a shooter?

>here's my free kill ability, I'm killed by someone else's free kill ability, and so on and so and so on

it's just a chain of freeby 'feel epic!' kills, everyone respawns and does it again. It's rock paper scissors, and oh by the way there's one or two characters that actually have guns. Oh and because we're Blizzard here's the mandatory trinity.

I don't know what the fuck genre this is supposed to be, but all I can say is I'm no longer curious as to why arena shooters went out like the dinosaurs. This is pure garbage. There's no emphasis on shooting, positioning, or anything: the only meta is 'memorize who counters who'

unless you're eleven and perpetually wowed by free ult kills, who likes this

so the guy on top of the leadboard has a 53% win rate

nice skill game you got there

Blizzard gives you the option to choose the first update:

>6 new maps
>3 new heroes
>PvE mode with 2 maps

Which one would you pick?

>Chaotic neutral
>junkrat
what the fuck?

is there a more braindead hero than reaper?

well you've played 1 hero more than i have played the whole game yet

my sample size with genji is still so small i can easily reach similar WR with him without being autistic mainer like you

MasterOW score is arbitrary.

It goes off of dumb shit like damage done and medals earned. I have one of the best winrates on the entire leaderboard and I'm really far down.

>I played 2 games and think ults are all the game is about

Ults are massively telegraphed and either get dodged or shut down beyond dumpster-tier

How is Roadhog evil but Junkrat isn't

I hate flashbang so god damn much
>I'll just take that free kill now thank you very much

>someone who wins more than he loses progresses on the ladder

WOAH!!?!?!?

1 hero
payload race
2 new maps

Maps is a nobrainer.

>autistic mainer
He's just so fun user, I can't help it.

>rolling for an easy game

more like rolling for a winnable game

im fucking plying I'm going to suffer 5 minutes against the epic bastion rhein mercy stack on hanamura

>i dont know what the alignments mean

(You)

I hate Hanamura and Lijang and I like Numbani. Otherwise your list is fine.

>there's no emphasis on shooting, positioning

ults are literally 90% positioning if you want to kill people who have eyes and ears. Stop dying to the glowing cowboy when he says it's high noon, shoot the tire, pharah is a free headshot, etc.

>playmcree
>Flashbang someone
>Fan
>it's a kill every time

>flashbang dva
>about to fan her ass
>gets hooked out my fan by friendly roadhog
>turns around and kills me

just

I just got a really great PotG but had to log out briefly. Is there any way of getting it back, or is it wiped?

You didn't even bother with rebutting my arguments.

No one else, for that entire match, was on the payload but me. Then, Widowmaker was clearly within my shield range. Not to mention Rein's arm doesn't go up unless you basically look straight up at the ceiling. THEN the shield let through the shot after it calmed down from the seizure from being too close to an object.

And to top it all. No I am not having a seizure when advancing with my shield, I always face my shield towards the enemy, sometimes moving it just a bit to the side if I see a cheeky cunt trying to flank my shield.

>mains genji
>below 2 kdr
>19 hours played, less than fucking 5% of it in fire
top fucking lel

are you that guy who spams his mediocre genji webms here? jackytheman or something like that

how am i contradicting myself genius, i'm not gonna play healer when i'm the best player on the team. what's the logic? skill cap myself so we have no chance of winning?

Poorfag here. I prepurchased Overwatch a while back and was really looking forward to playing it, but i lost my job and had to refund it to help cover bills while I job hunt.

could one of you guys be a total bro and hook a poorfag up? Know its a longshot, but not being able to play is killing me, especially after having so much fun with the open beta. Esek350#1197

how are you this bad at video games

>hanzo 13min
>tor 30 min
>mei 58 min
I don't think this is a good representation

Reminder that you are not playing D.va properly if you are not an annoying little shit.

>and oh by the way there's one or two characters that actually have guns

I count 17

Also I just found out I'm the #6 Genji in the world

No

sent ;)

Hanamura attack is immensely retarded. The second objective is literally 5 meters away from the enemy spawn

>always play tank/support so never bothered with learning where all the medpacks are
>get in a good pub match with tanks and support already
>go offense
>need medpack
>no idea where they are
>walk around aimlessly and get killed

Anyone have a medpack location of all the maps?

People who talk tend to do well together and group up, leaving fewer talkers in ungrouped teams.

I call out enemy locations as I find them and suggest strategies to break up a meat-grinder. No one takes notice, so I stop talking.

lol

but you said healers are overpowered

so how would you be skill capping yourself if you're the best player on the team using an overpowered character?

surefour literally hacks and plays for c9, i played with him

Junkrat is an anarchist that spreads mayhem
Roadhog is a murdering terrorist

Either your reading comprehension is at a first graders level or you are one of those crazy shills. Where did I ever mention that we were doing poorly? A loss was a rare occurence and it only really happened when we were fucking around or just playing poorly in general. We even tried these OP combo memes ourselves and went on a 10 winstreak which made me just feel really dissapointed that the game even allows that kind of shit to happen. Some heroes like junkrat are so easy that you can go an entire round without dying once and killing the entire enemy team over and over again with no resistance.
I just want a balanced game with a competitive mode that forces people to give a shit and try. When a game allows you to stomp an enemy team at will, its not a balanced or a good game. You start to lose? Just pick a Mei and Junkrat in your team and you win 100% of the time. It doesnt make it fun or give that sense of "challenge" that you want from a multiplayer game.

TL;DR you are a stinky faggot and you should consider eating your own turds

So with ranked play if you disconnect due to connection issues can you join back in? Do you get a decent time frame to do so?

I never understood why people bitch about ultimates all the time.

90% of shooters have headshots kill you in an instant from long ass distances before you could have reasonably reacted, and everyone considers the bulk of those games skillful. Overwatch has actual dynamic abilities and people lose their minds.

Junkrat is neutral Evil. Symmetra is Lawful Evil. Hanzo is chaotic neutral. Torbjörn is lawful neutral. Zenyatta is neutral good. D.Va is true neutral. Widowmaker is lawful evil.

>keep probing and building ults
>save up ults
>group up
>ult combo
>win

It's not so bad but you do need a halfway competent team to pull it off

you deserve it for playing mcree :^)

does /owg/ hate me

>i didn't top damage for once
has the average pubbie finally learned to left click?

wouldnt be surprised since Blizzard has had a terrible track record with hackers. Vision hacks and such in their strategy games are common place and even here people have been testing aimbots and wallhacks, very blatant ones and the game doesnt notice any of them. Blizzard is so lazy that even 2 year old hacks in starcraft work even today, without fail.

>koth map
>aka fucking knocking you off the map episode!

epic as if lucio needed to be even better

Half my fucking deaths as a tracer are me teleporting/recalling on my screen before they shoot me but doing nothing in the killcam

10/10 game

Someone probably spammed on shields a lot.

>You see this character in the selection screen, pause for a moment, wishing you'd finally not fucking suck with this character
>Come to reality and pick a sure choice. Go on to win the game

What's his/her name?

I used to POTG on the regular with Reaper but now all my tricks are transparent and I can't get a quality Death Blossom to save my life.

If you are not playing in scrims, you can't discuss game's balance. It's only evident in environment with established teamplay. Pubs are shit in pretty much any given game.

Mercy is NG. She hates the idea of Overwatch and that her technology has been militarized.

Literally impossible to co-ordinate on pubs