>>>/bbg/

>invade host with a white and a yellow buddies
>trying to lure them into mobs, but the phantoms are very competent
>host pulls greatshield and turtles behind it
>white phantom pulls a BKGA and a caestus
>my only hope now is to wait until another red invades
>blue comes in but dies to a leech monster grab almost immediately
>"I got my tongue, fuck it, it's now or never"
>attack host shield and guard break it, but the yellow stuns me before I can riposte
>suddenly the white with the BKGA goes up to the host and ohko ripostes him
>it was a purple all along
>he takes off the white ring and squats

HOLY FUCK THIS GAME

>Except /dsg/ agreed that 100 was the meta for Dark souls and 150 was the meta for DaS2 so your post is invalidated
What does /dsg/'s opinions have anything to do with "twitch inventing 120"? That honestly has absolutely no bearing on the discussion at all and hardly invalidates any point I provided.

Furthermore that is clearly wrong, DkS 2 150 was the SL pushed by e-celebs such as Peeve and his clowns, and at launch /dsg/ was acting the contrarian then too.

120 started at Demon's Souls, the game's "niche popularity" has absolutely jack shit to do with hitting soft caps for pvp. The builds on wikidot confirm this.

120 carried over to Dark Souls because the soft caps were similar.

Twitch did not invent it.

postan again

>try dancer swords
>damage isn't bad actually, more like fucking good, 200-300 per L1 is ok
>L1 L2 and one tap of R2 is combo of 700 damage
Good luck hitting tho. it's really fucking short and enjoy not hitting non retards.

how the fuck i suppose to hit non retards

painted world

Reminder that Lucifer is a massive nostalgia/sony fag and no one should take him seriously

>takes trip off to link new thread he made

99/99/99/99 ultra quality fags plz go

>Tfw sitting outside pontiff with fingers on, getting invaded constantly and twoshotting people with Exile GS

I've gotten at least 10 BCs and 2 of them were done by 2 phantoms at the same time.

Does anyone have a "roll a character" type image? I want to make a new character and I'm out of ideas. I have 4 characters that are faith, luck, pyro and quality respectively.

False.

>>let's put a boss in a lava!
You know you don't have to fight that boss in the lava, right? Hell, you don't have to fight that boss at all.

I was here from Day1 and we were all using 120 for builds in DaS1. The only time and reason 100 was even considered was when AotA came out people were playing at 100 because of the arena brackets. When interest in the arenas died down, so did the interest in level 100.

Why is hate mail less prominent in this game?

why did you make the same post that i did

pastebin.com/jqKQj426

what is priestess ring?

this faggot should just get banned. He's been ruining DaS threads ever since the release of Dark Souls 1.

Because a ton of meme videos were around getting hatemail, so people don't want to give you a chance to make more.

I did it for you.

Like we need another op rapeir for shitters to abuse.

no GFWL

Anyone have a GOOD regen build?
I saw someone post one before and they found themselves getting 90+ HP per second while doing great damage with Anri sword

Grapes are the best

is the prisoner's chain actually good tho

>Yep, no clutch. Only used Knight Ring to keep Attunement at 18 so I could use 3 spells. And apologies for the picture, its from a video where the guy has the same build: youtube.com/watch?v=288b9zpukqo

>Head back to Undead Settlement
>Level 20, boss is still alive, should be invasion central
>Finger up and wait
>Nothing for half a goddamn hour

So what, I have to summon a bunch of fucking retards just to get people to invade me?

saw this

>using 120
>getting eaten alive by havelmoms
nay

PSN's recently met players feature is garbage. It can take like 10 minutes for their names to show up after you kill them. That give people too much time to cool off, plus, it makes it harder to keep track of who is who.

>You know you don't have to fight that boss in the lava, right? Hell, you don't have to fight that boss at all.
>It's ok to mak a shit boss if it's optional

I guess al we needed to fix Bed if Chaos was make him optional.

And I guess dying in a car crash is ok because it was an optional experience in life :^)

fuck you I want my fancy v-slash

40/40 qualityfag.

Try it on +5

hey I heard your parents died in a carcrash, so why don't you kill yourself so you guys can live happily together again? Nobody will miss you

>ring a bell near my sword
>it starts making lightning

Anyone willing to help me switch over a few pieces on pc?

Have majority of boss weapons I'm willing to trade.

and a spare lothric holy sword for your fusing pleasure.

You mean Giant Mothers.

Literally a miracle.

I just find boring that purple signs can't be 100% masked with white ring. That's so fucking lame. Red Signs from sunfags should be identical to normal sunfag signs. White Signs from purples should be indetical to normal white signs.

>tfw almost done with making the gladiator

>I was here from Day1

And I popularized the claymore

the vitality alone basically already balances out absorption hit, so you get around 10 levels for free
due to the low damage weapons flat absorption is a lot more important than %

You can switch it though to show the online ID instead of the player name and that's what I do but I don't waste my time with hatemail unless it's a faggot host hiding in the swamp then I'm salty because I have to wait for him to disconnect since he's too pussy to fight

i thought physical infusions were allowed?

When the game just launched i thought a mound maker sign would always be white, so that you never know if you actually summoned a purple or a true white phantom

That goes without saying.

Cool boss fight, cool aesthetic, good p1 music, awful name and awful lore

Yes.

they are
poster guy fucked up & haven't seen him since

Yeah, that's what I meant.

>Physical infusions are allowed. Poison/bleed are allowed on fitting weapons, see first rule for more info.

what is the lore behind sullyman anyways?

you mean dead mothers

>let's put tons of bonewheel skeletons in these locations
>let's put a thousand hollows in this location
>let's put several on these crabs in front of seath
>let's put millions of these high damaging skeleton giants in one tiny room
>let's put a bunch of giant skeletons and skeleton dogs in one small location
>let's put a thousand burning giant dinosaur asses in lava
>let's put tons of tree men in one location
>let's put a giant long range hydra in front of tons of ice men
>let's put three mini pinwheels in an area with where infinite small baby skeletons will spawn if you step in the water, that will teach them
>let's put literally thousands of respawning skeletons in small rooms
>let's put like 5 drakes in a bridge area
>let's a load of invisble forest invaders in a small area
>let's put tons of taurus demons in a wide open space, that will be funny, also let's mix that with centipedes and capra demons
>let's put like fifty of these bloathead hollows in a small area
>let's put a bunch of these anor londo archers here, lol
>let's put like fifty crystal men that can be buffed in a small location
>let's put like 6 of these stone giants in a forest tiny area that can slow players down

>meanwhile in dark souls 3:
>let's focus on giving individual enemies more intelligent and varied movesets rather than just shoving tons of them in small areas, requiring the player to focus more rather than just kill several in a couple of hits

>lucifers response
>HUUH DUH DARK SOULS 1 IMMACULATE NOTHING WRONG, DARK SOULS 3 IS UNFAIR

This is genuinely why no one takes you seriously you imbecile.

SL100 was burg meta long before ptsd edition.

I think they just don't want flashy lightning/magic/fire/dark breaking the theme of the event.

No, Lucifer only had one mother die

reminder that dragonbros are wheenies and dragonsisses are fit goddesses

good to know i don't need to go find shriving stones

>sitting at irithyll at lvl 95 killing off every invader
>browsing dsg and they sprint attack me with obscuring ring
>pick up controller and kill them in three swings of a BKS.
>three people have died trying to parry spam my horizontol attacks.
Im pretty sure they cant. Am i wrong?

Technically Lucy is in the right here. SL 100 didn't get pushed until the PC version released.

Arena brackets were 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, which conflicted with the established 120 meta as you could get matched with SL 200s.
It didn't take long for people to realize that arena was a piece of trash and then moved five feet away from in to fight in oolacile township instead.

100 never really caught on after that

>Get invited to a group called No Honor by a literally who, don't even remember who that faggot was

How butthurted do you even have to be to take the time to do that

I played DaS and Das2 on Xbox, 3 is my first time playing a Souls game on PC.

It's a much, much better experience except for the lack of hatemail. Dear fucking god i miss the hatemail SO much. Why can't steam let you message non-friends? WHY?!

sorry but dark souls 3's my first souls game; so i'm guessing absorption hit is just the amount of damage that is mitigated from someone's attack

if so, how does vitality pertain to it

I bet you faggots would gadly turn into a grub just to sniff Rosaria's soles

reminds me of this

leave comments open on your profile

To be fair, most of those are actually spread out enough to be pulled individually or in couples. A lot of the time in 3 if you try to pull one enemy the entire gank auto-triggers and they all run to you.

Nowhere near as bad as 2, but just sayin'

>dark souls 3's my first souls game
I'm so, so sorry user.

I mean the overhead 2h r1 attacks.

Ayyy caramba this is fun.

they are open, I think most people just don't think to

>invade a dark-sword-spamming armour-of-thorns-wearing caestus-offhanding-but-never-parrying host called "For Honor"
>does nothing but try to spam, cheese ladders, seed mobs, and when invaded two on one, runs like a bitch all the way to the boss

I'll admit, it felt pretty good to kill that fucker

Are hosts expected to participate, or are they just summoning people?

Where EXACTLY are signs being placed? At the stray demon, on the stairwell outside the lift?

Assuming the host is not participating, would the signs not be placed on the gate that divide the two areas, then hosts who are recording can watch the fights from above?

I mean nobody wants to get massively anal about it, but I cannot stress that events benefit massively from consistency.

WHAT
HOW DID YOU DO THAT

Sat around at the same level there too, only got invaded once.

Amusingly, it happened after I decided to say fuck it and invade someone myself. I immediately get invasion cancelled and a grape walks in.

>mfw

People rarely bother to do that. I did a million low level invasions in scholar, never got a single hatemail, and I was one of the worst twinks that area ever had, oneshotting faggots all day, running to heal, aggroing monsters, backstep parrying and generally abusing everything the game had to offer. Everyone is afraid of being featured in the next meme video.

If you use CE to leave the Princes' boss arena, Lorian will continue to teleport after you.

Vitality lets you wear more armour which then lets you absorb more damage, unless that guy you're talking to is a cockgobbling retard and meant defense, which is a flat value compared to attack rating to determine how the damage is calculated first, and goes up with your stat total.

Prisoner's chain having no downside is a meme though.

I don't think those would be very effective in a fight.

Are you retarded? You're bitching about nothing. Millions? Really? Even ignoring that shit, you can pull those things one at a time more often than not. Plus, they were simple as hell to run around.

There are way more things that chain aggro in DaS3, and the best way of dealing with them is just rushing in and mashing r1 at their faces before they can respond.

>retards response
>see I told you he wouldn't agree with my retarded green text, hurr durr

Is there any specific area to get more consistent dark moon summons? Farming the silver knights for concords is awful

>If you use CE to leave the Princes' boss arena, Lorian will continue to teleport after you.

so this the power of boipucci...

whoah...

I did around 400 invasions in settlement. I think I got invaded at least 30 times. 6 of those were by people who got their orbs from Leonhard and had a Deep Battle Axe+1. Funtimes.

That's probably what the original design intent was but god forbid the host has any additional challenge posed to him by other players

i actually went ahead and finished dark souls in the downtime when i was a bit burned out on dark souls 3

great games, i would have maybe played dark souls 2 if it didn't appear to be so terrible, and i would play bloodborne but never ever
would you still say that its upsides somewhat outweigh its downsides?
i'd love to use it since it means i have a lot more choices when it comes to armor despite having an UGS, but i still don't want to be gimping myself on purpose with the increased damage taken

it's doable without ce

>I don't think those would be very effective in a fight.

You'd know better than I

Quit the game after beating the boss before they stop talking. Reload and go back in and you'll get the boss defeated message but Lorian will still be there and you can lead him out. No CE required.

I feel like the host have way too many advantage now on the invaders. Hidden purple could have been a great thing but sadly fromsoft hate fun.

I had some fuckboy send me an "you got onion respect" group invite because he liked how I played.
In reality he got fucking mauled because he kept swinging his retard great hammer everywhere without any plan or purpose, it was embarrassing.

however this might make the boss invisible to invaders, whereas CE will make the invader be able to fight the boss

yop /dsg/
sry was not kinda active fro the pass few days cus reasons

anyway, request time as always, ill prioritize the interesting one.

>I don't think those would be very effective in a fight
You'd be surprised, just ask your dad :^)

Make a low level crossbow waifu, opinions on the stats ? I was told level 20 is a good level for co-oping at lower levels.

Also how do weapon upgrades factor into the summoning range ?

Welp.

I see there's no reason arguing with you if you are so deeply rooted with nostalgia.

So can he actually hit the invader?

It takes more effort to send a hatemail now, GFWL made you look up players fast and send a hatemail with ease.

anything non lewd

draw pump a rum doing something with the more strange item trades like seed of giant or moaning shield