/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Previous sortie: A thread for all simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

/fsg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997
Or whatever is on the group's profile

BMS download links
mega.nz/#!0BlTkazA!VUwoKAzavtJ3qIUy7lEF8D8MFjbI_Si-r6nwC3wQZYQ
mediafire.com/folder/54569phfy8au7/BMS4.33_setup
e-haf.org/PublicFTP/320/BMS_4.33/Falcon_BMS_4.33_U1_Setup.zip

Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

Silent Hunter 3 pastebin:
pastebin.com/jNSvhFfY

Dangerous Waters pastebin:
pastebin.com/qvxk755r

FPSchazly's Dangerous Waters tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSvzqNmdX71x2COOyM-p2qHIpRNOvpGQ

Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Example of welcome sims:
Falcon BMS
DCS World
Rise of Flight
IL-2
Combat Helo
Microsoft Flight Simulator
X-Plane
Euro truck sim
Assetto Corsa
rFactor 2
Live for Speed
SAM Simulator
Steel Beasts Pro
Steel Armor: Blaze of War
Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
Silent Hunter
Train Simulator
Farming Simulator 2015

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm* 3
Ac* Combat
W*r Thunder
World of ____

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/411910/?snr=1_5_1100__1100
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BMS ops WHEN

1st for 10% forum warning for nothing.

2nd for F-16 best planefu

nth for more helo sims when

ALL HAIL GODS PLANE

I got 40% and a month ban for my first offense of criticizing ED, you got lucky.

>I din du nuffin

NO WEENIES ALLOWED

why can't there be more good helo flight sims fuck

DCS is like the only game that does helicopter flight well and the most potent helicopter in the game is a teeny little russian thing that never entered serial production because even the soviets realized that having the pilot and the gunner merged into a single crewman was a bad idea

You probably started screaming like an autist.

Sad thing is no. It was back when shitspawn was a total fucker and edited Why's thread on how to fix model enlargement to made it look like it was just a mod, and moved it to the depths of the mod section to effectively hide it. Hence model enlargement is still fucked, and still doesn't scale with resolution.

Pointing this out to the other people in the thread was evidently not a good idea.

>tfw no one will ever GCI for me and me alone so I can put my R-13s up Jester's ass and then shame him into committing suicide

>when shitspawn was a total fucker
Why, happened to shitspawn? Did he stop being a mod?

he is online senpai, come to ts.

You wish. I just thought that was a new low for him.

Huh. As I said in the other thread, your best bet is getting your shit translated into russian and posting it in the russian part of the forum.

This, just use yandex translate, it's pretty servicable, and post it in english and Russian then say you are very very sorry for the bad Russian.

Hell you'll likely find someone willing to translate the shit for you, if not here on /int/.

I should have screenshot the shit his friend said.

"Harmless what exactly are you doing that causes me to drop to 4fps when ever I look at you"

Can't right now, I'm wagecuckies.

>Flying mig21
>Shitty potato computers can't handle the polygons and textures

This is next level electronic warfare.

>Going on ED's forums

>not going to purposely bait turbo autist and shitpost

You kind of have to sometimes. ED doesn't release changelogs for third party modules fucking ever, most of the third party devs only do updates on in-progress stuff on the forum, and occasionally you have to trawl the forum for a hotfix for something.

Why do all fucking forums inevitably end up being shit? It's not that hard. I used to run a goddamn forum and it was the easiest shit in the world.

>be MiG-21 pilot
>radar has been broken for two fucking months
>have to go to the forums every so often to see if Leatherneck has their thumbs out of their ass yet
>6 weeks later, they finally claim to have a fix that's coming in the next patch
>they said this 3 times before
>a week later they actually release a hotfix, which broke a shitton more stuff but marginally fixes the radar
>still probably not implemented, will have to reapply the hotfix after today's update
>look on forums
>not even a fucking word has been said about the status of my favorite module

I don't even want the Viggen or F-14 anymore, not if it takes Leatherneck this long to roll an update out on fucking game/sim-breaking bugs.

I don't see why they don't get shit on more than they do, I think it's just "first real fighter module" hype that's still carrying over.

They really deserve to be banged up over this shit.

Fucking Russian expat batnz.

oh yeah LNS is shit.

>viggen supposed to be announced at the beginning of 2016
>it is now the end of May and not a peep
>F-14 gets a "two-part" news update, with the second part supposed to be coming a week after
>it's been like a month since that and still no part 2
>MiG-21 bugs, the most consistently bugged third party aircraft in the game

They're immune to criticism though because everyone loves the fishbed because ralfidude made a admittedly pretty good review video for it and everyone gargles his cum for some reason

Hopefully, with the F-5 providing another DCS-level "multirole" fighter, their spotlight will be stolen a bit and they'll actually have some incentive to step their game up.

Part 2 of that update came out on May 9th, user.

There just wasn't anything fucking new in it.

BMS

>step their game up.

Here have a 3milion triangle f14, with 4k texture sets :^)

Wait, that tiny little forum post was supposed to be part two?

l m a o

>They're immune to criticism though because everyone loves the fishbed because ralfidude made a admittedly pretty good review video for it and everyone gargles his cum for some reason
>namedropping ts faggots

Fuck you, I like MiG-21 for what it is: a sanic 3rd gen plane, unlike that MUH COMPUTAZ 4gen push-x-to-win shit. Also, that's why BMS sucks, it has no planes that requure skill in it, only arcade.

It says "F-14 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE - PART 2," so I assume that's what it was intended to be, yes.

Nevermind everything in it was 2-3 weeks old at the time it was posted. So far as anyone could tell going by that update, no progress had been made whatsoever.

They're in fucking "crunch time" for the Viggen right now, but we've still seen absofuckinglutely nothing about it, and that plane is supposed to come out this year, along with the F-14 being in beta by the end of the year, allegedly.

I tend not to believe a fucking word Leatherneck says anymore. Recently, RAZBAM's been running FUCKING CIRCLES around them so far as pace of development/fixes on the mostly guesswork 2000 goes, and RAZBAM's a bunch of fucking banana men whose huts recently got knocked over by earthquakes.

GOOD
ASS
SIM

Anyways, I'm done shitposting.

I just hope all you Viggenfags enjoy your custom LNS air-to-ground radar that DOESN'T FUCKING WORK when it eventually comes out.

I was excited for it too, not after putting up with LNS' bullshit for the past couple months.

Y'know, for how much shit people give Razbam for how much on the M2000 is fudged, they're pretty ABAP devs so far (aside from unironically asking if the community wanted a shitty turboprop with no precision munitions)

>razbam the flight model is shit
>sorry have a fix and then another fix in every update
>razbam the missile sucks
>okay have a new one
>razbam the radar is broke
>okay we fixed it
>razbam i found a historical loadout that we can't do in game
>okay we added it

Polychop might be able to go that way if they'll either fix the gazelle's low speed handling/autopilot at low speed, or release an explanation for why it works the way it does.

Isn't the Gazelle's autopilot only capable of keeping the helicopter stable at pitch/bank of up to 45deg? That's how it feels in-sim, once you roll past 45, the AP gives up, and you have to wrestle it back inside it's limits. It feels right at low-speed desu, being that sensitive. It's a tiny helicopter.

What's the current go-to IL-2 Cliffs of Dover mod?

Last I checked, the radar fixes aren't in game yet, but supposedly they're ready and coming soon..

along with the rest of the PPA, close combat mod/radar functions, and a whole slew of other shit finally being ready to be implemented in the next couple weeks (eclair already in open beta build, 4 magics becoming possible, etc).

Meanwhile, Leatherneck can't even get an update pushed to a module they released a year and a half ago.

It's pretty clear who the better devs are at this point. Shit, any time there's a bug with the Mirage in the current beta implementation, their devs have been REALLY good about responding, asking for information, and gettting fixes rolled out as they can.. the worst thing they've done was patch the jamming iconography in for the radar without testing it, which caused CTD's for two weeks.. again, not exactly their fault, though, because CptSmiley had a fix ready within 24 hours, it's just that ED didn't push a patch for a while.

The problem with low speed handling is that hte autopilot just kind of stops functioning at all- below a certain speed threshold, the yaw channel has a sort of "soft" disengage where it remains on visually, but it stops correcting entirely. It's a very abrupt thing- you pass under the limit and the helo instantly jumps to the left, then you pass back over the speed and it jumps to the right because the AP is now commanding antitorque corrections and your own rudder input is being added to that.

That's my main issue with it so far- if they can show that that's how it's supposed to work, fine, but as it is the manual has no information on the autopilot other than how to turn it on and a brief description of the hold modes.

Oh, I fucking forgot.

THEY FIXED THE CANNONS' DAMAGE, TOO.

They're really god-damn powerful in the open beta build right now, feels about like they should, it's no longer taking 3 bursts or more to cut through a fighter, and the fucker is actually capable of hurting A-50s without using all its ammunition only to take out a couple engines and otherwise do no real damage.

TFM.

Team Fusion, as if there are any other mods for it.

Now if only ED will implement the second part of that mod and fix the P-51's guns.

I was actually able to set things on fire with that mod. I had never seen an aircraft catch fire without exploding in DCS prior to loading that up, but by god I got a burst off on a Messer and the fucker lit up and burned out, and it was satisfying as all fuck

It's not even a hard thing to do- literally all that guy had to do was edit some lua shit, and historical documentation to prove that US fighters flew up with actually-useful payloads of incendiary ammo is all over the place to the point that you have to actively look away from it to justify the current ammo loading on the P-51.

store.steampowered.com/app/411910/?snr=1_5_1100__1100

>€41 for a lame frog chopper
Fuck that.

>$50 for a recce helo that can only go around 170km/h
>$50 for a recce helo that can only fly, with nominal fuel load, for about 2 hours
>$50 for a recce helo that's pulling 80% on the torque flying level at cruising speed when loaded
>$50 for a helo that can only be armed with 4 shitty short-range ATGMs guided by a TV screen that eats frames

>he buys his modules based on their capabilities

Pffffff, enjoying the F-15 are we? How pleb can you get?

I think bunyap mentioned in a video that the autopilot modes get overridden below a certain speed (although he was talking about speed and alt holds). I know that he has access to the actual flight manuals.

Is it possible to make Freetrack work with DCS World?

>flying baby cliffs
>flying fixed wing

The Hip is pretty fun thanks for asking

I enjoy being able to carry fifty Katyusha's worth of rockets on my lumbering skywhale

Why wouldnt it?

Yeah, IIRC ED implemented an official historical loadout but gave the rounds values for the wrong rounds. Something like their API is just a tracer and their AP is just a ball. All the mod did was use a more historically common loadout with proper values.

If I were you I'd respond with a really polite "I apologize for nothing as his conduct is way worse than mine, and even if you ban me you'll make me a favor given how bad your meme events are. Get fucked.".

got my delan and was using facetracknoir and found i'd like a decent diagonal axis? heard freetrack is regarded better than FTNR anyway

The chopper's finally got a new engine in it, I'm able to fly again, hopefully I'll find a time to get more snappy-shots, maybe even this weekend

In the meantime, I've got the Gazelle, finally, and it's fun as fuck, but boy oh boy is it rough

How do you find its performance when transitioning into ground effect? Is all that shit I said about it ballooning out true, or am I just shit?

neat coastline, user, but where is it?

>freetrack
Did you mean "opentrack"?

First off, for the good, the engine and avionics seem properly modeled, as far as I would assume, at least, I've never gotten actual stick time in the Gazelle and certainly haven't fired a missile from one. Also, it's zippy as fuck and maneuvers quite well, as would be expected from a small, light, egg-shaped machine. In a cruise it's quite good, overall

The problems crop up when taking off; ground effect is like a forcefield, there's no translational lift, the slightest bit of pedal past the balance point sends you off on the rodeo and there's absolutely no "light on the skids" moment at all. I distinctly remember talking about this with another guy in /simg/, and now I can tell you first hand that the flight model is unfinished. Sure, it's just when you're hovering, but hovering is kind of important in a helicopter

Why don't you get rid of that stupid chopper and buy a real aircraft, like a Cessna?

hello robinson user it is me, ground effect user

also when you roll the gazelle over the nose automatically rises for a high rate turn, is that realistic in any way at all? none of the other helos in the game do that.

No, Freetrack.
Though I'm open to anything really.

The ground effect is definitely wacky, and translational lift doesn't happen. I picked up and gave no control inputs other than a bit of forward cyclic just to be sure, and next thing you know I'm cruising at 150 knots skimming the ground without so much as a hint of climb.

Also, you're probably shit, but so am I, and every pilot who is still alive.

Well, maybe not shit, but nobody's perfect, and it's better that way. Once you decide you're "perfect" you lose your humility and start to make mental errors, and that's how to make dead pilots

I'm actually planning on doing a fixed-wing transition, but not right away, I need to accrue some cash and sign up with a second aircraft club.

Also, that is most definitely not my helicopter, I'm not anywhere rich enough to own anything that flies

I would really like the Skyhawk if it weren't so goddamn ugly and capable of flight at above the speed of smell.

I thought freetrack was abandoned by its developers?

From what I've seen of the DCS Gazelle, it seems that the nose is actually quite apt to drop with a high rate of turn, which is similar to what I've noticed in real life. In forward flight it handles like a souped up Robinson with a leftward-leaning torque effect instead of right

did we lose blue flag?

server been down for a while

The information comes from USAAF standard, not from operational experiences that amended it in the field. The BoS P-40 is the same, they got the engine limits from training/domestic documents and just ignored the thousands of lines of combat reports that contradict them.

Imagine that right, people doing things differently in the field to in theory...

It's called opentrack now I think.

Is this asshole fucking telling lies again or is the server up now?

Is there a good resource to find out what is actually on the f-16's HOTAS? I want to bind stuff to be as accurate as possible.

>flying the gazelle again
>decide to practice an auto in it
>flying 170km/h at 250ft agl
>find a nice field
>cut the throttle
>helo sinks like a fucking rock
>floor the collective, dip nose to try and recover some forward airspeed
>no change on rotor rpm, still sinking like a madman, not gaining any appreciable amount of airspeed
>flare hard and pull the collective all the way up in an attempt to not pancake
>arrest my descent a bit, but not enough to keep the helo from exploding

Huh. I was following Chuck's little youtube guide (which is apparently based on the manual for the aircraft). Am I just doing it wrong, or what? Collective position didn't seem to affect rotor rpm or lift generated at all until I yanked it all the way back up.

Autoing every other helo in the game is easy, but generally they all have much lower disk loading.

I did a power-on autorotation to a hover in it, or at least tried to, and found myself lawndarting. I'd say the Gazelle is decidedly not finished in the "flight model" category

How fucking rich are you

I looked into getting some flight time in a helo. Local airport doesn't rent them, regional one an hour or two from me does but it's like $300/hr wet without an instructor (which is like an extra $75/hr)

I talked to a couple of older guys I know who've done it, they said they did it mainly by doing work around the airport and using that to bum flight hours off of them, but I don't think that shit happens anymore

I don't fly all that often. Going rate is $230/hr alone, $300 with instruction. Every time I go and fly it's a few days' worth of paychecks that go into it, needless to say, and it's not exactly something you can do while working in the food service or retail industry. Also, fuck that. I hit rock bottom working at a supermarket, never a-fucking-gain You could go Part 141 and go to a regular school to get your training, but it winds up costing just as much. I'm trying to become a professional pilot, though, and I fucking love flying, so it's worth the cost

Also, I really wish I had the fancy GoPro back in the fall

Any suggestions on stabilizing the head tracker? I feel like I have to keep centering it, and zooming in to read instruments is a bit awkward.

>smoothing

Do you use any of the smoothing options? You can use those or set the curves. Remember, the most you need to look behind you is ~160° and you only need 90° vertical and say 45° down

Gaza strip war crime bombing ops when

How is that fun at all? Do they even have any AA?

it's good for practicing weapons deployment, like SPICEs, LGBs, Mavericks, etc..

I'm a scrub to BMS. Is that the Korea map or is another one? How do I play it?

This one is the Isreal theater.

If you are looking to get into BMS, I'd get Isreal and Balkans.

Those two with Korea is the theaters we play.
We have BMS ops almost every night, just hop in the TS when ever.

BMS OPS WHEN

>tfw getting sent to the principles office

Prepare for autism

>We would like to discuss the conduct of your squad
That sentence doesn't sound good at all. I'm already getting highschool flashbacks

That's not even the real city. You dumb shits are bombing a cheap painted mockup that the Hamas created to fool inexperienced Israeli pilots.

#1 reason I don't fly with dabois although I fully support your shitposting

I'm sorry the DCS community can't handle the banter that they fucking started, I'll be certain to report Jester the next time he spergs out.

What's that, a PM?

We like bms more than dcs senpai. We only play dcs to shitpost and meme.

Honestly, I'd be playing BMS with you fucks if I hadn't put so much time in F4.0 as a teenager.

I'm just done with the Viper, man.

I didn't ever really play it with BMS, though, maybe I'll reinstall and check it out sometime

Its not that bad as people makes it sound.