/domg/ - Dominions General

Someone who left a while ago returned, celebrate edition
Also join this: llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Fattened_Calf

Previous Pantokrator Dominions is a fantasy turn-based strategy game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a strategy game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/dHdZ1cch

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Start playing multiplayer games

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Dragons
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=LAte_to_the_party
desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/parganos-422-with-caves-11619#1060039
twitter.com/AnonBabble

memes

ded memes

So it's just you and me in here? Great.

>three-headed frog
It's clearly just three frogs stuck together.

>Join a few PBEM's
>Get burned out on dominions
>wait a few months, it starts again

How many is a few, user? And what are you doing in them, just building up slowly/carefully never doing anything very risky?

>How many is a few, user?
About 3 at a time

>And what are you doing in them, just building up slowly/carefully never doing anything very risky?
Varies from game to game

Do shitty comics count as memes?

Dominionball comics a best

Well, let's start at the begining then, what do you like about playing dominions? And what do you dislike?

>Like
seeing cool shit happen
>dislike
waiting around for cool shit to happen

But it's not a big deal, I still like dominions a lot. I just find it hard to continuously do turns for months at a time.

Well, hang about in the steam chat, blitzes do happen, which are usually less... sensible than Pbems but not by much, and go far far faster.

Blitzes are really tiresome though
It's more about who gets tired first than whoever played the best since they can last for so long and dominions is hard to play quickly

>I don't want to wait for turns
>but I don't want to do all turns in one go either

Hey you! Join llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Dragons !!

It's set to start as soon as all pretenders are in, and it's at 7/8! You have the chance to join a pbem, and get the first turn immediately!

Also,

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=LAte_to_the_party

Whether I'm interested in getting turns or not depends on the game. You can't deny that blitzes are really intensive.

anyone have the screenshots of 4bless mictlan dying on turn 1?

It wasn't quite turn 1. It was very early in the game though.

desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/parganos-422-with-caves-11619#1060039

Is this the link for the version of the map you used?

>Most of your allies never answer any messages, and are near impossible to contact at all
>Your enemies are all very talkative and available
>When you consider swapping sides.

yeah, you should totally join us
[what game?/spoiler]

Turn 9

Here's what you're probably asking for.

thanks friend

Now that would be telling.
"All of them"

Hi Lambert. How many games at the moment?

Don't bully lambert, please.

fuck i was 2 seconds too late

S-sorry. Just a casual question.

Revealing that you can identify someone is a very rude thing to do. Even if you know who he is, do him the courtesy of leaving him the dignity of anonymity from the rest of us.

you are super cute, are you Andre?

Does elemental vulnerability affect stun damage? Is fatigue from Heat from Hell/Breath of Winter doubled against units susceptible to heat/cold?

Resist against temperature fatigue is at 5

...and?

Stun is merely telling the damage to affect the units Fatigue rather than HP, as well as counting as half for the sake of resistances. So, without explicitly testing, and going on what I've seen happen, yes, it does affect that, but no I'm not certain it doubles it.

Ys soon sounds really exciting

patch when

>Mean people wish bone of thrones to attack me
>haven't lost a single province to them
>meanwhile

Join blitz wat will become real pbem in chat.

2016-05-27 21:50:33 +0200
Performance improvement for battles

2016-05-27 21:32:06 +0200
Viewing enormous battles could crash the game
Fixed graphical glitches for enormous battles

2016-05-27 16:25:12 +0200
Bronze weapon stat fixes
Ermor/Lemuria random gods starts with sloth 3
Ys troop fixes
Description fixes
Mindless are not affected by feeblemind
Mindless cannot get feeblemind/dementia from ordinary means
Master ritualist fixes
Mind Hunt & Astral Projection cannot be cast by mindless
Modded: #twohanded should work now
Boar Warrior cost 30 -> 22
Agartha lower cost of many troops
Minor balance changes

First time this has ever happened, but I still feel like an idiot.

>Sardash extended for just themselves as the admin.

Scumbag admin detected.

Hey guys message me in game or get my attention on here if you need anything.

Mind hopping in the steam chat?

This dominionball from the last thread made my week, thank you whoever did that. Very succinct summary of the political climate

Post ichtyids.

Really need to speak with Memegeddon Fomoria. Would like to know if I'm actually going to get a certain item anytime in the near future.

god forbid I be busy with something

>Playing dominions singleplayer cause new.
>Playing MA Marignon because holy crusaders sound cool.
>Make really shitty attempt at SC Pretender.
>Pretender gets mute so can't use all buffs, then horror marked.
>He dies to undead the turn before I can forge a chestplate for him.
>Prophet dies while conquering territory to nearby nation.
>Said nearby nation is abysia.
>Have heat 2 in dominion for fire magik.
How fucked am I?

Modestly. MA Abysia isn't that bad, and the AI's not smart with heat aura units. Either they don't bring their abysian units and your fire evocations work fine or they do and you can have a giggle as half the enemy army catches fire. Of course, you're new so you may or may not have the needed position and skills to deal with an AI superstack.

You use crossbows.

I thought crossbows would do fuck all against abyssia since they're chiefly heavy-armor troops that often have greatshields.

Use more crossbows

It's singleplayer, who gives a shit? Marignon crossbows are great so if you just spam them you should be able to overpower retarded AI hordes no problem. And for Marignon infantry

>pikes
indie clearers
>swordsmen
your workhorse, best at killing things
>halberds
eeehhhh, without their defense buff they aren't really worth it. You can mix a few in with your swordsmen for their potential higher damage but don't rely on them for anything
>man-at-arms
his shield is nice for surviving ranged weapons but too expensive to be mainline infantry. Use these guys to distract ranged-heavy armies or if you have lots of crossbows and want to avoid friendly fire casualties

Ok, thanks. Sorry for new.

Mari has the cheapest crossbows of the MA and it's about the only thing that makes them okay in the early game

Don't play single player. It won't actually teach you how to play the game, it'll just give you a ton of bad habits which you'll have trouble breaking.

Single player is good for understanding early expansion

Like says it's important not to get too comfortable with how single-player works. It's a good way to understand the basic mechanics of the game and basic stuff like how to expand quickly but when it comes to battles and wars you won't really learn anything from the AI because they don't engage in diplomacy and their battle scripting isn't too good.

Once you're reasonably confident with how a nation works and how to fight and manage your stuff I'd recommend joining a game. It's not too bad, as long as you don't screw up expansion nobody will know you're new and then just don't piss off your neighbors unless you're confident you can stomp them into the dirt.

And the best tip I can give for starting expansion is to hire mercenaries. Even if they get fucked up taking on just one independent territory that's a whole territory for something like maybe 200 gold while preserving your own troops. And aim for barbarians if you have them nearby during expansion. pull your formation back and your crossbows will destroy them no problem.

Thanks anons. I'll hop in a mp when I get the chance. Have a crusading Marignon.

I kekd hard

Logic tells me that Spritegen should be able to create attack sprites as well as base sprites, but for the life of me I can't find any option to do so.

Am I just barking up the wrong tree here?

Saving this thread by pointing out that Sanae is a slut.

What is the worst pretender chassis? Or are they all viable to an extent?

Hey Dragons admin, are you here?

I'd send my turn in but as I pointed out in my shitty email client is being dead today. If they don't get around to fixing it soon is there any way that my turns can be sent to another email-address?

>is there any way that my turns can be sent to another email-address
The admin can change the email address your turns are sent to on llamaserver if needed. After that, just request a turn resend and it should work.

All right then, summoning Dragons mod.

Is there a semi divine wind priestess in Dominions? The closest I can think of are Oreiads.

Do underwater capitals only gain resources from nearby underwater provinces not land? My tests in single player give this impression.

That's a bird

Both

But when I tested on realm of roaring rhinos my resources never higher even after I took 4 neighbouring land provinces

FUCK
I CAN'T PLAY TILL MONDAY
CHINATOWN TOUR AND BEACH PARTY
ADMIN HELP

Only UW. Similarly, UW provinces do not add resources to neighboring land forts

That sounds gay as fuck for underwater nations as most maps don't have a water capital surrounded by water

Marverni got a moment to talk?

Sometimes it's ok. It's very map dependent. UW nations also tend to not need to mass high res units from their cap. The only exception I can think of is EA or MA Atlantis trying to run a bless, but EA at least can provide extra resources.

>just trust me you stupid gaijin

Stop hating on poor yomi.

Stop diplomonstering while you're the biggest

Ys soon.

I am not the biggest by far, as I already mentioned last thread there are three nations with two caps.

Go away hater its pure 100% truth

Give me your diff email address then and let me know what nation.

Next you'll be telling us that you didn't tell us to attack Sauro
or Caelum
or Mictlan

I'm Marignon, but now my other email address has my full name in it. How badly can that fuck me if I put it here, can I trust you faggots?

I didnt tell you to attack Sauro what are you smoking.

And I only mentioned Caelum is huge and Mictlan has Splendour or Shattered Throne in his cap ring which was enough.

I don't need to 'order' people around, they know whats dangerous if they know the facts.

You're fine, this ain't Veeky Forums of 2006 mate.

Yeah, sure I suppose. How many people really give a shit about Dominions? And now that I think about it this address is linked to Sadpanda, I'm not exactly careful with it.

[email protected]

Want my address and a photo of my driver's license with that?

Changed, sent a turn resend to confirm it too.

Thanks for your cooperation. The email got through and I'll have my turn done soon.

I dunno how insecure it is. Better post your social security number and date of birth too so I can check.

I guess crone is the worst physically but they can all be useful with magic

Such innocence

I bet you are not brave enough to tell me who you are eh coward

Sorry Yomi, but I can't trade with you under this diplomatic climate. I'm wedged between Caleum, Sauromatia and Maverini and if I was branded your ally, well... it doesn't bear thinking about it.

ded