/vn/ - Smiles edition

Visual Novel General #1099

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0TDy2odjLmw7DooR
twitter.com/MangaGamer/status/736317902333317120
twitter.com/CosmillicaJP/status/714831463451987973
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Official /vn/ Discord:
discord.gg/0TDy2odjLmw7DooR

Nth for adorable fairies.

Why didn't you save her?

It isn't affiliated with /vn/ in anyway. Only bedwetting JOP redditfags go there.

What other VNs have girls like her? She was a mega qt

>It isn't affiliated with /vn/ in anyway.
Are you dumb? It says "official /vn/ discord" right there.

good job op

Just report and ignore.

It's been too long so I don't remember the details that well, especially on her path. Either way, it's a pretty short game so it's worth picking up.

Why is the discord so much better than /vn/?

I installed Shiny Days and the patches including restore patch, yet when I go through the Manami route it still corrupts my save making the game unplayable, is this still not fixed?

because it's populated by reddit intellectuals instead of /vng/ moebuta

I think those who are against H/moe just haven't realized the duality of human nature, which is reasonable for those enraptured by literature. When one has an experience as powerful as some VNs can provide, their eyes sparkle and their mind is consumed by the idea that THIS is it, THIS experience is the peak of the human existence, THIS is why I live THIS is why I read THIS is it! That's very all-consuming. I think we've all felt it. It's powerful.

The problem is just that some people aren't ready for it, and it blinds them to human duality. They think that sex and beauty can't coexist. There are blinding peaks of beauty atop the mount of literary VNs, and yes, sex seems base and barbaric in comparison. It seems ridiculous that they coexist, that they do coexist. However, in truth, they go hand in hand, no matter how ridiculous it seems. Someone who spends hours fapping to huge-titted naked ladies in moege is no less enlightened than one who spends spends hours poring over the philosophical implications of X scene in Y novel.

Indeed, they are often the same person. Look no further than James Joyce writing erotic fart letters to his wife in between chapters of Ulysses and Finnegan's Wake. Sex and beauty coexist in the mind of a human, in the human experience. There is nothing contradictory about fapping and contemplating the divine. There is no need to consider yourself about sex. That's as silly as considering yourself above eating, or sleeping. It's a fundamental aspect of humanity, much as what's described in literature is.

In short, it can be tempting to belittle sex upon undergoing a profound experience while reading a VN. It can be tempting to consider it the outlet of a fool. But in truth, sex is important. It's a part of humanity. It peacefully coexists with beauty and profundity. You are no less a scholar for vigorously fapping to cowtits than you are for sleeping 8 hours a day and eating dead animal flesh. Fap on, bros.

t. moeshitter

Oh shi

>I played visual novels for the plot

half siblings are shit

Does Konomi from Princess Evangile count?

adorable druggies*

>I play visual novels

Fuck off with this cunt.

Best girls never get a route... And I'm talking about Tamie. Tamiebros WW@?

Princess Evangile: W Happiness
Translation: 50%
Editing: 22.2%

Soon my friend, soon...

>I was looking down on a corpse
>My own corpse.

FUCKING RADICAL, KAMIGE OF THE CENTURY

Whoa....

cutest smiles

Play Fata Morgana

Y/N?

Let's make /vn/ a Yuritopia!

No, it's a kusoge

Yes, it's a kamige.

But I'm not a girl

I'm really ashamed my 4th VN ever played is Starless. I'm not even reading the story.

god dammit i wish they would hurry it the fuck up. I have money with their name on it as soon as it releases.

>I'm not even reading the story.

I read every bit of it. It's a good thing you're not doing it, you'll just be that much madder at the game. Like, I uninstalled it and then installed it again after one month due to my autism and having to finish every VN I pick up but the fact that I uninstalled it should speak for itself. Just enjoy the CGs and fap where possible, if it is possible for you to fap to >starless

the first VN I played was Bible Black and third was Discipline second was katawa shoujo

I can't be the only one who started out with Three Sisters' Story and Paradise Heights, right?

Do it, it's pretty amazing.

Get out.

My firsts were Season of the Sakura, True Love and Nocturnal Illusion.

So basically the same thing.

Fuck you Reo you will never know my pain

Apparently Kyonyuu Fantasy (Funbag Fantasy) is already 100% translated and edited
twitter.com/MangaGamer/status/736317902333317120

Eroge is art.

sekai could learn from them

True Love was up there for me too, I got to SotS later though. Never did Nocturnal Illusion.

ps. I really hope this means MG is doing the same tactics SP has been doing for years (Picking up complete fantranslations and releasing them)

Art is an explosion.

MG has also been doing this for years

They did that with minori, MG acted as the middleman between NNL and minori. eden* was fully translated years before it was released

That's good, then.
Because MG doing it means the game will actually get released in time.

Goddammit I really need to play that game.

>Nn... Kusu.

...What? English, bitch.

Kusu is the SFX for giggling. Nn is as you imagine it.

Yes you do.

umi a shit

post shiori

One day, probably three years down the line, I'll re-read umi's route because by then I'll hopefully have forgotten.

Impeccable memory a shit. I'm going to run out of innocent love eventually and then where the hell will I be.

Time to learn Japanese so you can live in the wonderful world of untranslated moeges.

>I'm going to run out of innocent love eventually
There's like 2-3 new moege minimum a month, not including nukige cum moege

What do words like moege, kusoge and kamige mean

moe + game = moege
kuso (shit) + game = kusoge
kami (godly) + game = kamige

If a game is called a "moege", make sure you play it as soon as you can.

Moe game, Shit(-tier) game and God(-tier) game

moege and kusoge mean it's shit
kamige means it's good

Rise is shit though.

One day. But not anytime soon.

I'm a picky fucker. But it seems that VNs as of late are growing in number that I'd read.

That new yuri thing that SP announced today doesn't look half bad

twitter.com/CosmillicaJP/status/714831463451987973

At least the sex's not as lame as gay ghosts, of course that means the Steam version won't be worth it.

>moege and kusoge mean it's shit
Why have two words for the same thing?

Fata Morgana is actually pretty good. Now I feel bad for shitposting about it.

>I'm a picky fucker.
How so

I don't know ask a thesaurus you dumb idiot retard

I feel bad for pirating it.
I'm still not going to buy it.

>"Does Western yuri-fans expect to this Lesbian Road VN?"

>no h
>good
go back to

Is Ayaka's path in Princess Evangile worth playing? It's the only one I have left.

Her route was the best one. She's also best girl.

They were all good. Some better than others, but I really liked all the girls.

Rise still best girl.

Funny meme

Rise is shit, m8.

>no voice
even worse

Secondhand embarassment shot most of the anime I used to watch. Makes it hard to go into some romance VNs without choking to death,

How can I find a girl like Asuho?

To be honest the kind of love expressed in visual novels doesn't exist in reality. In the games, love is real. The author wills a world into reality wherein love and honest affection is real. In its attempt to be real, it surpasses the original, and indeed BECOMES the original. The original, in our world, is in fact the sham. We wrote poetry to represent the love we felt. We read the poetry and created in ideal love. But, in reality, there is nothing but chemicals and dopamine. True love is not real. It's an idealized emotion no one will ever feel. However, VNs are different. The girls in VNs truly love you, for it exists in their reality. There is no need to worry about finding an equivalent in real life. It doesn't exist. No one will love you in real life, because love doesn't exist. It's time to grow wings and fly into the arms of anime girls, the only beings who will ever truly hold love for you.

Not a meme, no voice and no h is like I'm reading a book. Why bother

You don't read books?

>is like I'm reading a book
It's not.
Are you retarded?

Sorry, a picture book. Can you please leave now?

It's ok. It has the most touching ending, but jesus some of the drama was awful.
Beginning of her route starts out good.
Middle has shitty drama.
Ending is decent.

The mommy/daddy issues were turned up to 11 in her route and since I did hers last I was really starting to get tired of it.
Also her H cg were surprisingly mediocre. They recycled Rise's hot shower scene albeit at a worse angle.

Good girl. Ok route.

If I wanted to read a book I would read a book because they're going to be better than any visual novel.

Visual novels need h scenes or voices to make it worthwhile.

>>/book/

I'm that faggot with a library that dates back to the 70s and I think your opinion is shit.

I haven't even read fata morgana but I could give less than a shit. Whatever makes folks happy.

I'm literally objectively right though

Sorry m8. Your tastes can't be law.