Christianity

What if the the difference between Catholicism and Protestantism?and why were they fighting each other?

Other urls found in this thread:

reformation.org/jesuit-oath.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

TL;DR

Sola Fide, by faith alone.
Sola Scriptura, by Scripture alone.
Solus Christus, through Christ alone.
Sola Gratia, by grace alone.
Soli Deo Gloria, glory to God alone.

All Five Sola's are equally important for every Christian.

You need to have faith.

You need to read Scripture, at least the New Testament, mainly the Gospel.

You need Christ. Christ will show you.

You need grace from God.

You need to glorify the Lord, God.

basically
protestants : christians :: wahhabism : islam
>but protestantism is correct while those other people are devil-worshippers
protestants were/are inconoclasts who purified their version of abrahamism and removed ritual, cultural, sensual elements, often involving violence, replacing the "corrupt" traditions with literalist autism. its close enough

Go kiss Mohametan feet papist

Catholics don't believe in the Bible
Catholics are neo-pharisees

>Mfw the Pope behaves like Jesus Christ Himself would and you heretics condemn him

>Mfw turboautists reject tradition passed from Jesus Himself in favour of their cherrypicked Bible written by a mortal's grasp of Latin/Greek
No salvation is possible for you

These two got it right

>tradition passed from Jesus Himself

ROFLMAO

>Prods will try to rationalize this
OH I AM LAUGHIN

> the Pope behaves like Jesus Christ Himself
Ditching Christians on Dyke Island in favor of muslims is how Christ acted?

>tradition passed from Jesus Himself
Then surely we can find it in the scriptures

>in favour of their cherrypicked Bible written by a mortal's grasp of Latin/Greek
Proof Papists aren't Christian

If you read it in Greek, you should see that Jesus was making a pun out of Peter's name (Petros/Petra). Also, it can be said that the church is built off of a man's faith, which should be like a rock. He could have been making an example out of Peter.

The thing is, your corrupted bible written by a mortalfag centuries after Jesus died isn't the word of God.

Apostholic tradition is still valid.

There's nothing you can post to invalidate Matthew 16;18

>you should see that Jesus was making a pun out of Peter's name
>Jesus making a pun out of something this serious
Prods confirmed to the inner circles of Hell

>corrupted bible written by a mortalfag
Have fun in hell, blasphemer

>Matthew 16;18
LOL, right after you told me the Bible is "corrupt"

Pharisees: "Our traditions are divine"
Catholics: "Our traditions are divine"
Jesus:...

Hurts that YOUR bible translated from Latin/Greek by mortals to your languages, adding subtext where you see fit, is worth it's weight in toiletpaper, right?

You do a poor job at hiding that

There isn't our traditions. There is only what the Apostles of Jesus did.

reformation.org/jesuit-oath.html
Prove it with scripture

Not clicking a link filled with prod bullshit. Your bible is worthless as it was verifiably written by mortals without divine inspiration. There's simply no way around this unless you all read the Ancient Greek bible without centuries of subtext you added.

And why bother when Apostolic succession granted by Jesus ensures this? It's your job to prove Jesus didn't intend for the Apostles to continue spreading his word.

Except Matthew 16;18 shows he did.

>Protestants

"Colossians chapter 3 verse 5 of "covetousness, which is idolatry". If the chief motivation in your life is the love of money and not love to God, you are an idolater. You put money in the place of God."

>It's your job to prove Jesus didn't intend for the Apostles to continue spreading his word.
Haha nice try, the burden of proof is on you. You are making a knowledgable claim, i am contesting it.
Funny, it's the papists who charge for everything. I would know, i was Catholic once.
>Papists

>tfw not even Christian

>Then surely we can find it in the scriptures
Just like we can find Sola Scriptura in the Scriptures :^).

>Haha nice try, the burden of proof is on you. You are making a knowledgable claim, i am contesting it.
You're making the claim that Apostolic tradition is not valid, especially when we know Jesus intended the Apostles to continue spreading his word and for Peter to be the first Pope, Bishop, call it whatever you want.

I'm waiting.

>Funny, it's the papists who charge for everything. I would know, i was Catholic once.
Your predicament is irrelevant, Prods are obsessed with material possessions which is beyond a shadow of doubt considered idolatry by Colossians 3;5

Nope, you're not.
Nope, scripture only implies we should believe it.
I'm awaiting an argument Jòse

It's you who has to argue Malcolm X, you're making the claim I exposed in my previous post.

"I furthermore promise and declare that I will, when opportunity present, make and wage relentless war, secretly or openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Liberals, as I am directed to do, to extirpate and exterminate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex or condition; and that I will hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive these infamous heretics, rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women and crush their infants' heads against the walls, in order to annihilate forever their execrable race. That when the same cannot be done openly, I will secretly use the poisoned cup, the strangulating cord, the steel of the poniard or the leaden bullet, regardless of the honor, rank, dignity, or authority of the person or persons, whatever may be their condition in life, either public or private, as I at any time may be directed so to do by any agent of the Pope or Superior of the Brotherhood of the Holy Faith, of the Society of Jesus."
From the Jesuit oath, taken by Pope Francis and many others

Papal Infallibility when speaking ex-Cathedra really is a bitch for you heretics.

Divine infallibility when speaking through scripture really is a bitch for you heretics.

Except your """"""""""""""""""""bible"""""""""""""""""""" is everything but divine

Blasphemy

Your best shot at an ancient bible comes from a butthurt obese pseudo-catholic monk, claiming any sort of divinity in that sinful text alone is reason to burn in flames for all eternity.

You heretics will get yours in the end though, God is fair.

You're completely brainwashed user, i'll pray the Lord shows you the truth.

>Nope, scripture only implies we should believe it.
Under what logic are we operating on here? Your words? Then my word is just as good as yours. An appeal to the ancient practices of Christians? Then you are relying on a form of tradition to guide your devotions, negating your entire premise.

Beyond the heretical subtext Prods add to their bibles, there are literally verses that are quite simply incorrectly translated.

Prod bibles probably amount to the most expensive toiletpaper ever printed.

The fact that you randomly decided to depend only on a faulty bible that even in your versions sets the foundation for Apostolic succession makes it even funnier. In a sense, you guys engage in the ultimate exercise of cognitive dissonance

youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ

I believe the word of God and it is why I am today a christian and why I profess the Reformed faith which is I truly believe the faith of the apostles and of the church as Christ intended and was restored to its uncorrupted foundation by the Protestant Reformers of the 16th century.

This is why I renounce Roman Catholicism and her pope and all her apostate teachings

pope Francis is no pope of ours! he dose not follow the will of god (our father) he has been cucked by political correctness! we need a new pope! Francis no longer serve god! he serve himself and allowed himself to be cucked by Muslims! he is weak! we need a new strong pope like urban the ii.

Not going to watch a 2 hour film m8

> which is I truly believe the faith of the apostles

I can tell you're mexican

Jesus would have condemned you for that

For being to tell you're mexican?

I'm not him nor am I mexican, but you clearly sinned in thought.

Protestants like to protest

In what way?

Protestantism was a disastrous mistake, sparking years of pointless warfare. It's massively anti-intellectual and promotes sheer retardation over here in the US.

Reformed Christianity was the original Christianity not the false gospel heresy of Trent

>Reformed Christianity was the original Christianity not the false gospel heresy of Trent

How do you come to this conclusion?

Anything that adds to what Jesus did on the cross is self righteousness and is as filthy rags and is a different gospel

>God is a Pope

Protestants answer this. If Protestantism is the faith of the apostles, then for 1500 years nobody had the faith? Not even the ante-nicene church father, some of which were disciples of the disciples of the apostles? And for 1500 nobody was saved? And God allowed his church to be corrupted from the get go and had to wait 1500 for the coming of Martin Luther until original Christianity was restored?

Jesus literally told the apostles to obey everything the Pharisees told them to do

>caring about mythology
>"You're supposed to sacrifice 7 goats to Zeus, not 4 you idiot!"

This is literally what you guys sound like.

*Tips fedora*

As fedora as you sound, you're right. Why is it always protestants that chuck a shit fit over this stuff, instead of recognising that we're all worshipping the same God and trying to live as Christ did. Whether we should pray to Mary or not is so minor that it seems ridiculous there's so much controversy over it.

Also, why is there like 4 different major denominations going "No Catholicism got it wrong, we're the original beliefs!".

Nobody?

Catholics were BTFO by Protestant facility with Greek and Hebrew during the Reformation and Post-Reformation periods. Y'all niggas has a long way to catch up. And you STILL haven't shed your anti-intellectual elements. It's your guys who still fall on your knees and claim a divine miracle whenever some teenage boy leaves a jizz stain in his mom's panties in the shape of Mary's face.

You shouldn't confuse Protestantism with Anabaptism or fundamentalist biblicism.

The Church has always been a mess, at some times and in some places more or less pure. Was there no Apostolic faith before 325, when we finally established the Trinitarian faith? No. Nor was the Gospel unheard of before the Reformers and their heirs confessed it officially. The Reformers didn't want to start a new faith. They wanted to peel away the unbiblical and un-apostolic accretions that had been added.

>there are literally verses that are quite simply incorrectly translated
At least they're translated from the correct languages. Your Church decided that God had always intended for the true Bible to be a Latin translation. Even the Eastern Church isn't that retarded.

f*cking protties when will they learn

Guess which language Jesus would have used to say these words.

>its not greek

Makes me sick seeing people fight over non-European religions.

I'll take my paganism thank you.

Catholicism is basically Neo-platonism with Jewish spices thrown in.

>looking for a reason
Who cares? This isn't the first time Christianity teared itself apart

>Organised religion is full of shit and insincere

>posting a quote by someone who lost to Stalin

What a fucking loser