/acg/-Armored Core General

Here Forever Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QyJS1ON5b0E
youtu.be/x459mmQhbPU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

Nice ducks.

Thanks

been playing nexus. fuck this new cooling stuff.

bump

The last thread was killed by that awful cover.

What awful cover?

bump

Bump

bump

Live damnit

Never before has a weapon carried so hard

Shit, sorry for not bumping last thread.

Was playing Fate Grand Order.

Anyways, Bump.

It's okay user, as soon as I realized it died I panicked and started a new one

Bump.

It's saturday.

Anyone up for some Verdict Day?

Are there any AC games on PS4? I wouldn't mind playing the PS1 games on it.

Which one of you lap dogs will fight me or co-op me today?

For Answer.

>10

This early?

Bump.

Were the soluh parts any good? they seemed outclassed by every other light part in the game.

Bump.

They were very good.

Bump.

Better in 4 than in FA but still rad.

Figured out some more Kumo hitbox stuff. I'm the guy from a thread ago. If you know this or are not interested in reading it, think of this as a bump.

Now, obviously Kumos are affected by momentum. But there's a second part to maxing out their damage: The hitboxes on the double swipe overlap in such a way that you can hit twice with your left weapon AND once with the right one. On accuracy Kumos, that's still easily 25-30k worth of damage.
What you need to do is have the enemy AC to the diagonally in front of you, as well as be very slightly above them (optional, but easier to connect. Hard to get the correct height sometimes though). This only works when the opposing party is on your left side, because the left hand swings first.
Now, what you need to do is look down at a 45-60 degree angle. This allows the left Kumo yo hit with both the "side" hitbox and the "front" one, as well as managing a third hit with the very end of the overhand right punch.

Some things to watch out for:
If you're running melee, you're likely using the lowest-drain FCS. I advise strongly against this when using the Murakumo. This is because, on lock, your AC will auto-turn toward the opponent and mess up your positioning, and that particular FCS has a very wide lock. Instead, run the size 7 junk FCS. This will cost you about 800 energy more, but you'll be in scan mode most of the time anyway and thus it won't really matter.
Finally, I'm not sure whether or not this works with Power Kumos as I haven't tried yet. I imagine you can get at least two hits, maybe even three, but it would be very difficult in a real fight.

Good to know. They were the best looking imo

Bump.

Ahab its time for pure Morgans to shine, level 18 GET!

From last thread

>The game implies this;
>White Glint > Strayed
>Motherwill > White GLint
>Strayed > Motherwill
>Strayed > All
>White Glint > All

The games imply nothing of the sort. The only important thing is who the player is controlling. They get all the plot armor, and can radically alter the game as they please. That's why the White Glint 2.0 could easily beat White Glint 1.0 even in Aretha, because we controlled him. It's why Cube's Plan D could bring down White Glint 2, but not us. It's video gamey logic, don't think so hard about it.

Bump

Not /acg/ related but I trust your judgement more so let me just ask for your quick opinion. What are the chances that star ocean 5 will be shit?

50-50 thing.

Today marks the day that I became the greatest monster in the history of mankind! on NORMAL

You wont be the first nor the last but you do have a good taste for little sisters.

more like the day you became a edgelord.

An anime girl? I'LL STEAL IT, NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW

Yay, you're part of the Genocide club now.
And after already killing 4 ACs Cililegio doesn't make much of a difference honestly. I mean it's just the wimpy test AC. You can still cheat their AI into coming at you one at a time after all.
also I hope you didn't use infinte EN reg or SALINE05s u fkn scrub

>Genocide club now

edgelord club

>implying it's not a mercy kill

True.

I have always been a monster.

Yes they will, and no you wont.

They all came at once, but I was too fast/superior for their intelligence. Thus marking the ocean as their graves..

>also I hope you didn't use infinte EN reg or SALINE05s u fkn scrub
Sadly I was left with no choice but to use Reg 1.15 + Kojima wombo combo on "maybe it's just an animal" entry. Even Old baka manage to take one down which I thought was entirely impossible. However the one he took down was badly damage, just boosting past it was enough to kill it. As for the remaining.... I simply Moonlight Blade'd them to death.

Did I do it right senpai?
pls no bully

Now if I could just bait one of you into co-op hard modo....

>but I was too fast/superior for their intelligence

Big talk from someone who lost to a low ranked player plenty of times.

I might be up for some Co-op.

>Celebrity Ash is actually a fairly decent AC
It's not very energy efficient but it handles a lot better than Dan Moro would have you believe.

What are some fun ACs to try out in FA? I want to mess with some of the NPC builds.

I SAID NO PLS NO BULLY SENPAI!!!

>I might be up for some Co-op.
Yas! Please.

>co-op hard modo

I could try.

>expecting people to listen
Where do you think you are?!

Ok.

Got a room ready?

Well it look like asked first and will be joining me, but I appreciate your generosity.

All of you lap dogs... mark these words; The day I unlock everything. The day I am showered in S Rank tags. The day I become a real Lynx. That day will-nothing. Nothing will happen honestly. I'll just be same little me

Um, 10 minutes. Ok?

>10 minutes.

I take that back... 20minutes or less. Or better.. I will keep you updated via bump. Need to do something really fast. SO sorry.

calm down edgelord.

I messed around with Raiden. He's fun to use.

Enjoy the games.

Sure.

He's no edgelord unless he's killed his friends over ideological differences and drowned the world in anarchy, filled with demons.

Room created.

Bump.

bump

Double Edge or whatever it's name is. The one that's surprisingly fucking good at hitting you with a Kojima Blade.

That was fun.

Those missions we S ranked on hard counts toward singleplayer, it seems.

Since I am bored I was finally able to upload something for fun. The SNFA vids till be coming soon'ish since they're hours long and takes a while to edit.

ACI test footage:
youtu.be/QyJS1ON5b0E

>That was fun.
Hmph, you lie to me you die.

Anyway, it was fun watching you avenge me all those times. I'm such a terrible pilot when it comes to efficiently executing a plan. No matter how many time I look at that Answerer kojima 1 hit video I fail to find the sweet spot.

But it was fun senpai. oh and I recorded them for comedic value.

Great, the world will know my humiliating defeats.

Avenging you?

Uh...sure! i was totally filled with righteous fury at all the times you have fallen!

>recorded

Don't tell me you recorded my blunders...

Fun fact, I am currently rendering one of the shorter videos it should be ready soon.

>recorded my blunders
Umm.. I wouldn't call them that.

/acg/ dance night when?

Oh, cool.

Got anymore to share?

I await in anticipation.

>Celebrity Ash is actually a fairly decent AC
>how to spot a newbie

Garbage for PVP or the harder missions but it's still not a trash build.

Bump.

>garbage for the only parts of the game that matter
>but it's totally still good guys

holy shit the proportions are fucking bad, that or those are massive radioactive ducks.

what about this?

I just realize the next Armored Core game will most likely be VR vaporwave.

snfa?

What's the name of that RPG Armored Core looking game on PC?

Front Mission?

The fact that the water isn't reacting to the AC's thrusters will forever trigger me.

It actually really is user, he's not nearly fast enough to make use of that laser blade and he has the worst spread rockets in the game.

late bump

hump

bump

bunp

Alright you fgts here's one of videos I promised.
youtu.be/x459mmQhbPU

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

I guess today will be the day I lose my SNFA virginity.

Should be fun engaging in 3v3+ battles. I hope everyone is excited about ACFA as I am.

maybe senpai will notice me QB'ing.

Let's hope you have a PS3.

He does.

He's played with me and B-Ranker.

Of course I have one. There's no better place to play Armored Core.

That's like a Call of Duty player not playing on Xbox or a Metal Gear fan not playing on PS4.

Bump.

>maybe senpai will notice me QB'ing.
What senpai?

Bump.

Bump.

Why are you faggots bumping instead of posting content?
Since it's Sunday, what's everyone's favorite FA AC model? Which one looks best?
Personally I like Soluh. It's a nice design, easy to run, handles consistently. Also you can slap the giant Raiden cannon on it's back and put rifles/Mgs in it's hand for a really fun build.
I also love the design of the Linstant (sp?) parts. And Fragile's Wing legs are really cool and surprisingly good for that lmaohuge speed boost. If only they had a bit more carrying capacity

Bump.

Rosenthal parts were originally my all around favorites, but I finally started liking the Rayleonard designs more after replaying AC4.

>discussion topic gets posted
>user just replies with a generic "bump"
This is the reason why we're so dead. Unless you're the guy who I just replied to and are bumping because nobody else posted anything.

bump