/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog general. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ #461 - Late night slumber party edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YC9hHLfKZr8
sonicstadium.org/2016/05/sonic-runners-shutting-down-next-month/
youtube.com/watch?v=2afjGTbA5gA
youtube.com/watch?v=1v52bd-2kEw
youtu.be/D7gvSd2kxi4?list=PLF9F112543AD1E736&t=128
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fast

Silver is slow!

We were almost free, you fucking monster.

Sale on Gens 3DS Triple Trouble 3DS, Boom U, and both versions of LW on Nintendo systems.

No release.
No escape.
No slow.

Amy's the cutest! I can't wait for Shattered to come out!

>yfw this is the first handheld game since the gba era to have amy
>yfw the devs said they played a lot of advance and rush for fire and ice
>yfw the devs got bullied

The witch is dead
The witch is dead
Now give us a real game instead

youtube.com/watch?v=YC9hHLfKZr8

I've overlooked practically every handheld Sonic game ever, how does Ice&Fire and Generations hold up?

Alright guys
What is best ship with
Sonic

but then where would all the drawfags go?

Generations 3DS is pretty shitty that's only worthwhile for the music.

Fire&Ice hasn't been released yet.

Advance is in most peoples opinions the true successors to the genesis games, Battle is a great fighting game, Rush was the birth of the boost games and still the best boost game, Rush 2 is okay, Colors DS is okay, Generations is meh, LW is meh, Boom SC is okay, Boom F&I isn't out yet but looks like a better SC

Sonic is like ice cream. he goes well with everything.
sonamy is my favourite flavour of shipping trash.

I just realized why I like Cassia so much. Both design-wise and personality-wise she's almost exactly like you-know-who.

who the fuck even cares?

I'm a shameless Sonic and Amy shipper.

Speed. The wind. Freedom.

Whoever tries to hook up with Sonic will have to live with the reality that some day he's just gonna go "2pastcool", disappear in a cloud of dust and then they'll never see him again.

well?

Literally what's the point of an HD port? You are all 30 seconds away from downloading an emulator and rom of all the advance games anyway.

>he doesn't want to play advance with hand drawn sprites

>he doesn't like original content

why don't you like fun user? is that why you shitpost on friday nights? Come over to the light side. We have hugs and good vibes.

A cinnamon roll?

>implying there'll ever be another Sonic game with hand-drawn sprites

No, you know. The best character, he who is no longer with us.

Tommy?

Bivalve?

Saturday morning over here, perfect time for Sonic. 20 years ago.

I'm normally not in the "screen too small can't see anything" camp, but the GBA screen is fucking tiny and an HD port would fix that.

Geoffrey St. John?

Ah I see now, they are both green and snarky

No, no I don't know who.4 all the way

Boom airs on saturdays too user. So does ninja turtles, and pokemon. Little has changed in 20 years.

please don't leave your trash in the general

I think its hilarious how CN's most popular shows are stuff they have no control over.

That's basically been their lot since they decided to get a president who had some sort of vendetta against cartoons. Still have no idea how that guy even started working there.

C'mon, you know who it is. They both have the same eyes

Here's something funny about that shit, that picture floating around of their movie theater filled with like 3 modern day CN shows apparently they asked TPC if they could fill it up with a shit ton of pokemon characters to pad it out but were denied.

Metal Sonic? He's still in the comic.

Oh, I gotcha.

Are you thinking of Shard? Because I'm really not seeing it.

Oh way to ruin the fucking gag, numbnuts. Sorry everybody, pack it up and go home. We're cancelling the joke because of dickless over here.

You said best character user

Was there supposed to be a joke? Because I actually do not see the resemblance.

It was inevitable. Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

>being this fucking dense to what was happening

Holy fuck, you big idiot.

Best enchilada by a mile.

now if only these were spaced out I would have cropped and used as a profile picture.

Shard sucked.

The canon keeps changing, but what's your favorite theory for Sonic being so fast?

>Born fast
>Trained and became fast
>Chaos emeralds/Power rings
>Chili Dogs

Born fast

I still want Silver & Shard adventures pretty badly.

He's fast because he's fast.

Didn't Shard only live for about a month?

>sonicstadium.org/2016/05/sonic-runners-shutting-down-next-month/
wish they'd port Runners to a system people gave a fuck about, like the 3DS

I like it when opposites attract.

Time is pretty hard to keep. But yeah, he didn't have a long life, but he had a memeorable one.

Power Sneakers.

Naturally fast. Best to keep it simple

>when an 18 year old and a 6 year old have the same body type

Hot.

Scourge's best moment is still when he went to prison and dropped his whole 2pastcool facade. Shows that he was only arrogant because he really thought he was THAT good.

aval0nx pls go

>Shows that he was only arrogant because he really thought he was THAT good.
>This is Scourge. He was a prison bitch

He lives on in the Bits, and Gemerl kinda.

It isn't the same, but hey it's something.

Blaze is 14.

I faintly recognize that tag. This is not a good thing.

Are Sonic robots waterproof?

Guys, I thought thought of an evil plan.
What if we give people the Sonic games they want or think they want but use the boom designs

Beggars can't be choosers. Before Boom actually released people were still somewhat hyped.

Would make me pretty mad.

Feel ashamed!

Just imagine it
A collection of the 2D Sonic games but with Boom sprites
Sonic Adventure DXX, a full hd remake from the ground up of Sonic Adventure but with Boom models and the same for every other GC/Wii Sonic
A port of Unleashed for PC but with Boom models and make it so attempting to mod it out causes your steam account to get vac'd
And last but not least AOST, Underground, Satam, X, and the OVA get Bluray release but have been edited to include boom designs.
Imagine the fire, it would light up the world.

I don't really see much of the same personality, but I do love both Cassia and Shards eyes. Really cool design with that

Knowing the fan base, there's probably some person out there that ships them because of that.

>All that cut content in Sonic 2
>Sonic 3&Knuckles had to be split in half to reach the deadline
>SA tries to make five different storylines, recycling an absurd amount of content for each
>SA2 only makes one style of gameplay out of three actually enjoyable
>Unleashed only makes one style of gameplay out of two actually enjoyable

Sonic Team's biggest problem was always aiming too high. If they kept their standards reasonable, like with Generations maybe the games wouldn't suck so much.

The best person to ship with Sonic is Sonic.

y'know, if the next game doesn't have easter egg boom costume swaps I might actually be kinda disappointed.

>Shippers
>Latching on to Nu-Sonic

I fear we're the last fetid component of this fanbase, all the old fans are either institutionalized or left when they killed Tommy Turtle.

Modern Sonic will be the costume and it will be called Legacy Sonic

youtube.com/watch?v=2afjGTbA5gA

This might be the most jammin' tune a Chao could ask for!

I expect the same of Cassia

Already done. SSS ranks across the board.

Though I guess playing vidya is all you can do when you're constantly hospitalized.

There's still shippers for the new universe. Razor/Coral, Knuckles/Relic, Silver/Gold, the incest lovers that ship Cassia/Clove. That said, there's no real crossover ships with new characters and old universe ones. I just like to think there's some person out there shipping it just because they have the same eyes.

Eh, I can't see her killed off, not for awhile anyway. Longer than Shard got for sure, since there won't be a lawsuit keeping her away.

>Though I guess playing vidya is all you can do when you're constantly hospitalized.
That and shitpost
True. I see her lasting for at least 2 more years before either she or her sister die. Best case scenario they both live
Please Aleah, don't break my heart

>He thinks mobians have blob feet

THE GAMEZ! WHERE ARE THE GAMES!?

Trying to S-rank Project Unleashed in Generations.

This is completely impossible without copious glitches I think.

To find the games, you must find Sonic Team.

Excited for the new game?

youtube.com/watch?v=1v52bd-2kEw

I still never figured this out.

>Sonic 3&Knuckles had to be split in half to reach the deadline

That did allow SEGA to engage in their other corporate fetish: ridiculous hardware development.

>tfw the best remix is only like 20 seconds long at the end of an 'epic orchestral' remix.
>tfw he never just made a full version in this style.

youtu.be/D7gvSd2kxi4?list=PLF9F112543AD1E736&t=128

Fan support might keep 'em alive, but then again, the more popular, the more hearts broken if something happens. I don't really check on how popular characters are really outside of here, but they get a decent amount of art and discussion, I think.

My heart is numb from Matilda, Hope, and Shard.

Man, I am really behind on OC Remix. I haven't checked on it for months.

That is one tasty jam though.

I also learned this game has fucking AO for some damn reason