/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Crusader Edition

PREY SLAUGHTERED >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-GugzLSbOQE
youtube.com/watch?v=ikWGbtXIBr4
youtube.com/watch?v=PFLFsa1sYiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for Lady Maria!

Stake Driver

2nd for Gilbert

Can anyone help me with undead giant, Lower Pthumerian layer two soon?

What did you name your character, /bbg/?
First run: Argyle
Current run: Hurrier Clarice

I uh, first character Kate Marsh. 2nd Max Caulfield

Sure, let me hop on and I'll srrc in. Have a password?

First run: Joseph (old dude, knightly aesthetic)
Current run: Aleister (ugly crazy sorcerer aesthetic)

/bbg/ favorite album?

>Loveless
>Remain in Light

Yeah, guess I'll just do bbg

The Richard D James album

Ringing

So I made an Arcane character because I really want to use that Holy Moonlight Sword but apparently it's more of a STR weapon?

I've already invested like 30 points into ARC

As am I

>These fucking red spiders in Ailing Loran

Just end me. I deserve this for wanting to pvp

Gwighen

Shit
>Thought I could rally health back before getting killed.

Give me another shot at that

I love the ned kelly helmet, but I feel like we needed at least one tuetonic knight helmet in this game

something like this, only with tentacles instead of horns or something.

I'll never get the Bloodborne shaped hole in my heart filled.

I know this feeling. I've been playing constantly for almost a week now.

Made a Str/Arc build, a Str/Dex, a Dex/Blood, and now I'm trying out a Str/Blood/Arcane thing.

>tfw your husbando runs away from you and awoos~ other hunters

Are the Chalice Dungeons actually worth doing?
I'm coming to the end of my first playthrough (haven't gotten/done the DLC yet but I plan to)

I've heard the layouts are pretty bad, which turns me off of them, but all the extra bosses seem like they would be fun

Mostly I just need to know if they're super long or anything

Only if you want the platinum or are interested in overpowered gems. They're not terribly long if you follow the guide, but they can be hard.

>tfw no hug doll gesture

I just hate the idea of missing out on extra bosses really

thou seeketh Blood Echoes does thou not? Then touch the semen inside me.

I feel like Micolash was supposed to scare or intimidate me but instead he came off as a big autistic nerd who went "WOOHOO" while jumping in portals and nasally talking about his favorite Star Trek alien Kos
And then I stunlocked him to death in a corner while demanding his lunch money and his voice cracked while he shouted "NO, I DON'T WANNA WAKE UP AND GO TO SCHOOL"

>I feel like Micolash was supposed to scare or intimidate me

I don't think this was ever the intention.

Not every boss needs to be scary or intimidating.

So I plan on using the Uncanny Boom hammer and go full physical with blunt gems and plan to PVP

For now I'm level 82, aiming to stop at 98

My stats are 44/13/50/12/6/7

Should I invest more in Vit or End? Should I go with Arcane past 10 so I can use a Wheel?

youtube.com/watch?v=-GugzLSbOQE

Get vit to 50, end to at least 15, maybe a little bit more because hammah. If you have spare stats still, then get the 10 arc for wheel. Its always handy to have a backup option.

Anybody got any tips for Lawrence?

you're a fucking fool and I'll tell you why.

Micolash's fight is supposed to feel like a hunt; you're chasing your elusive quarry, trapping him, and then moving in for the kill

He says it himself "a hunter is a hunter even in a dream''

Okay that's an unfair comparison

If you thought that Micolash was supposed to scare you you've got an interesting sense of horror.

I just thought it was a memorable fight because of how silly it was, love it because of that

Hey man, I just figured, it's the end of the game and I'm in another plane of existence literally called a nightmare and this is the dude behind it all
I just figured he wouldn't be so funny

I won't find over powered gems unless I got into Isz or another depth 5 right?

Don't fight him are my two cents

It's now striking me that there's probably a good number of people who killed Wetnurse, woke up, and said "that's the end of the game, job well done"

I don't know man I don't think I could accept Wetnurse as a final final boss, seems so anticlimactic

Always name them after ff characters.

I just feel like beating every boss.

Seems silly to buy the game any the DLC to skip bosses.

I always name my characters stupid shit like Dunder because naming them real things feels too tryhard

I was kidding but I hate the fight

>getting completely TRASHED from Amelia
>think "fuck it", slap on a fire buff on my cleaver and stop trying to attack her from behind
>literally fucking wreck her shit

Holy fuck, I genuinely thought this boss was going to make me take a break from the game but I finally did it bros.

How is Ludwigs Holy Blade btw? I've leveled it up to +4 now because it looks cool as fuck and has decent scaling

How did it take you 10 tries? Did you do a SL1 run:?

Ludwigs is easy-mode when you have enough strength for scaling

>tfw you don't need to do shit when you can have Alfred continuously riposting BSB to death

BSB is melting wax in his hands

It's the Dark Sword of Bb

Only not boring

Beast blood pellets do the same kind of thing but it straight up feels like cheating.
I was having trouble with Ebrietas, died more on that boss than any other in the game.
Took one beast pellet and ruined the thing.

>easy mode

Fuark, how easy? I wanted to use it but if it completely ruins the game like Dark Sword then fuck that. Dark Sword made every boss in DS3 feel like a joke.

What's OP about it? Speed wise the trickster moveset is relatively slow and actually requires timing unlike the darksword?

It isn't a big deal, I used it on my first build and t felt fine.

You do you, don't level up every second time you could if you want to keep it challenging, buy lanterns instead

It's just a straight up, uncomplicated, all-around good weapon.
All the other weapons are some crazy half-gun half-whip shit that makes you do spins or something but Ludwig's is just a sword with good scaling and a good moveset.

The two-handed form can also stagger the shit out of any enemy as long as it's not a boss or the size of a house.

Amelia really hates fire. LHB sort of is easy mode, but I wouldn't call it Dark Sword tier. Its mainly seen as op since it has solid scaling and throwing a lot of str/skl into it makes it hit ridiculous numbers. Tbf though, almost anything can be made op with the right stats/gems. You won't get the ridiculous phantom range if you ever pvp'd with it that dark sword has either.

For reference, it's the same type of reason people say longsword is the best weapon in DaS2.
It's not like it has the highest damage potential or does something crazy, it's just the only weapon that will always be the same amount of good in every situation.

>buy lanterns instead

w-what?

Fair enough, i'll use it for now and see if it makes the game too easy like the Dark Sword did.

Where is the fc today?

He's telling you to buy hand lanterns from the shop instead of using your echoes to level.

I'm telling you not to do that because that's dumb.

Post funny bloodborne images or videos

given the choice i'd say isz as its closer to the moonlight
ask again later when more goons are awake

I think user meant vials rather than lanterns.

That's normally decided a few minutes before it starts. It'll be announced in the thread at some stage

99 lanterns or you're not playing to win.

I know what I fucking said.

where can I get ritual blood 4 I need to get to Loran

I'm confusd, what's the deal with a lantern and why is it being mentioned?

You only need to buy 1 but you can buy 100 of them anyway. It's just a joke user.

My guess is that he thinks he's somehow funny and trying to "totally bait u ebin meme lol"

Farming snatchers in Lower Pthumeru is the way to go

What's your favorite Bloodborne track, guys?

Mars, the Bringer of Living Failures.

MALEDICTUS
ludwig the holy blade

Werewolf gives no fucks

Hard to choose, all of them are as amazing and phenomenal.

But I guess maybe few tracks especially comes to mind; Heimwich bitches theme, Micolash's theme, and I'm in love with Omen/Bloodborne/The Night Unfurls (credits/trailer/start menu music)

I like the Moon Presence theme

youtube.com/watch?v=ikWGbtXIBr4

the shift between the sweet singing and the intense choir wailing fits the duality of the moon, being a nightmare disguised as a dream, blood hiding beneath water.

Ludwig 2nd phase or Gerhman

1:20
youtube.com/watch?v=PFLFsa1sYiA

>those cellos violins whatever they're called in English

Oh my fucking god I die every time I hear those, they're too goddamn amazing

Going to delve into some cursed chalices for gem farming, anyone wanna help a guy out?

Give me 15 min. I'll have to make a new account for PS+.

why?

Because I don'T have JewS+ and won't pay for it? I only need it for the weekend fc anyway so the 2 free days are enough.

oh ok, it's not that expensive but w/e

waiting outside the boss door, pass is bbg

Currently trying to beat Ludwig with a +6 Saw Spear at BL43 for the HMLS as early as I can get it, but it's not going so swell.
I need some help with this. The password's hoers and i'm at the fog wall. Bring your pizza cutters.
Be patient with me since I only have 20 Vit and it's easy to fuck up a dodge and die in an instant.

Sorry somehow that activation stuff is not working. Better to not count on me.

that's cool, I'll just wait for regular co-op

mah nigga

what are your stats? you plan to twink?

that's fine for an executioner tipe build (to use the executioner gloves)

now just spend literally every other point in strengh (until bl 98). don't go over 30 vitality or stock endurance.

you need at least 50 strengh.

good luck, fellow executioner

Nah, I just want my weaponfu early as I can.

I'll ring and do my best.

MANY thanks for the help Jeanne. Really, I appreciate it a lot.
Sorry, we already got him.

Already dead.

You're welcome.

Someone else needs help with something?