/fog/ - Fallout General

Big Iron Edition

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/dfRatvDc

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7UVVS5-9HvA
puu
youtube.com/watch?v=CYpYgq-Ln_c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm gay for Richter.

>worst song from NV edition
Great, I can't even escape that fucking song when I quit the game.

it's still better than El Paso.

youtube.com/watch?v=7UVVS5-9HvA

Also, I'm slowpoking hard on this I'm sure, but it seems like fish are still around and don't look half as bad as those buckets filled with their corpses make them look.

Kind had hoped fish had "devolved" into something like the coelacanth, but that's just me.

Is DarnUI always like this or is it installed incorrectly, the selection box is overlapping some of the letters and when I spoke to some guy in Primm it was completely fucked and had a scroll bar with just 4 options present instead of showing them all visible at once?

Oh, that must be one of the songs that didn't play before they patched the radio. I gave up on radio in NV because Wayne Newton's voice fucking irritates me, even more than happy radio nigger did in 3.

How good are shotgun turrets in cramped areas like hangman's alley? Worth building one over a heavy machine gun or heavy laser turret?

What should I name it?

Superior German Engineering.

Does the second projectile also do radiation damage?

Double Penetrating Bitch

>Torgue prefix on a legendary Hyperion weapon

You know, I admit I can't say with certainty. I mean I've used shotgun turrets before in my own hangman's alley, around the ground floor of the castle for when synths relay in (not really a problem anymore, I guess), and recently put a pair up at Echo Lumber yard.

But normally they end up as a combined fire sort of thing.

I guess they're pretty effective in hangman's. of course I also sealed up all other entrances besides the front gate on my hangman's so it's not like any raiders or gunners are getting in any other way.

Actually, that is funny, when I think about it; Hangman's alley is the only settlement where attackers will spawn OUTSIDE the green border.

Gun.

I've seen attackers spawn inside and spawning inside one of the buildings where I have to use tcl to kill otherwise the quest doesn't complete. Usually only one doing that second thing though.

Addendum, how fast do they fire and how big is the spread?

Spooky

> too spooky

It is an upgraded servoskull.

She didn't ask to be made this way.

>tfw you will never experience play NV the first time again

Fallout 4 is fun, but all the quests and characters scattered everywhere in NV made exploration fun, like discovering the Hidden Valley and finding the Brotherhood

fucking hell xD cant even lookm at it seriously

>Fallout 4 is fun, but all the quests and characters scattered everywhere in NV made exploration fun, like discovering the Hidden Valley and finding the Brotherhood
I burned out on NV years ago so my memory might be wrong, but wasn't it a requirement to recruit Victoria before you can meet the Brotherhood?

People praise Fallout 4 for exploration because there's a lot of it, but all the locations despite looking cool are just raider/ghoul/mutant dungeons and hangouts with no real substance. And if you're lucky enough to find an NPC or quest, you KNOW it's just going to be "Clear out these raiders/mutants"

No, you could join them, but you had to do a quest first.

>xD

kill yourself my man

Calm down.

You say that like there was any other sort of location in NV. What NV had was a plethora of quests to find, not exploration worth any more than Fallout 3 or 4.

i prefer the anims of some of NV weapon stances.
they hold the guns so odd in fallout 4
> no gun stock to shoulder
> no cheek on gunstock

you can discover them and then they force you to do a quest

yeah that's my main issue with it, I have played it for 180 hours and found every location without using a guide, and most places are unique just because of their terminal entries and not much else

What are the best gun-mods for fo4?
I want to shoot shit with fun weapons.
Also how do you get multiple ammo tipes, mod too?

Your reward for exploring in NV was finding new towns and locations with NPC's and quests in them.
Your reward for exploring in Fallout 4 is another repetitive shootout.

that settlement needed help.
i actually also cant wait for a DUST type mod from NV for fallout 4, anyone else feel that?

This is actually kinda neat, more vaults should have stuff like this

there should be more vaults in general, they almost always are the most interesting locations

Considering who it was made for, maybe only 1 or 2 more have it that wasn't in any previous fallout games.

Fallout 4's Vaults were pretty shitty. 81 was almost good, but it really feels like it only exists as a vessel to carry that one quest about the molerat disease. Wasn't even a very good quest.

118 a best Vault.

like instead of waking up after kellog took your kid normally you wake up
hundreds more later than you were planned too?
having scarce weapons/ammo/food
and having fuck all people there?

Yeah the vaults in 4 were a huge letdown, and it's not like Bethesda can't do decent ones, most of them in 3 were pretty neat. The only one in 4 I found at all interesting was the one under the school.

puu sh/p7QxM/8f3b0bcc8a.webm

Finally got this working. Now you can play a character with anger issues.

More like something the Institute did backfired horribly and turned the Commonwealth into a shithole

Or fuck, Synth uprising like Harkness warned them about, they started hunting down humans with extreme prejudice.

its a damn nice kind of idea

>The resource you requested could not be found.

Put a . between the puu and the sh newbie.

>Wait there.
>FUCKING KILL!!!!

What's the verdict on the neo-Survival?

>one step closer to a full retard playthrough
Noice.

Needs tweaks IMO, but it's streets ahead of the old version.

It's better than NV's Hardcore mode too, though I'm sure that saying so will trigger some people.

needs more variety in the lines

I think hardcore mode handled the actual needs better, with different food/drinks filling you up different amounts instead of it being a flat "you are peckish, intake 1 unit of food" regardless of it that food comes from fresh grilled Venison rib or 200 year old uncooked mac & cheese readymeal.
But having more than just the needs is a big improvement, it actually makes the world more dangerous to be in rather than just needing to top yourself off every few hours.

Anyone else get crazy stupid long quicksave and times on this DLC?

>the mechanist is a mexican female

take that cis males

It's a good thing we get like 5 vaults.

Ooooh boy

Should I use Conquest to turn the vault into a settlement?

nah got fallout 4 on my ssd

what's conquest?

Awww, the beach is out of range from the entrance

Mod that lets you settle anywhere

Fuck yes. Maybe then the pathetic selection of guns will actually feel reasonable. My only hope for a DUST style mod is that the NPCs don't get infinite ammo again.

And it functions alright? Doesn't break or fuck up anything important?

seriously they need to port the old new vegas gun mods pack to fallout 4

I'd pay $15 for that

New Vegas? What's that? Never heard of it, not interested in making DLC for things that don't exist.

don't give them the idea again

Fuck man that's one of the main reasons I couldn't get into FO4. If you wanted to play a pistol character, you could choose between three fucking guns. hurr modding makes them so different though because there isn't one objectively best mod.

Fallout 4 is a good game.

new vegas definately held its own in that regard, i loved the seemingly massive variety of guns they had in it, but fo4 just has what it has. even there chance to fix it they keep fucking up because
> they cant be fucked doing it

THIS IS A PERSONAL ATTACK ON ME AS A NEW VEGAS FAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what if I told you....

all fallout games are pretty good in some way

New Vegas is a good game

I'd point you at BoS and ask you to make that assertion again, motherfucker.

I've enjoyed all the others to some extent.

THIS IS A PERSONAL ATTACK ON ME AS A FALLOUT 4 FAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What's funny is that Fallout 4 actually takes after BoS more than any other Fallout game.

>people are making fun of Obsidiot v Bethesdrone arguments
>better throw shade on Fallout 4
Go back to bed America, this thread is so comfy when you're asleep.

What? I'm not, it's true. Where do you think the whole perk chart system came from? They lifted it directly from BoS

By that logic New Vegas takes more after Fallout 3 than any other Fallout.

People enjoying Fallout 4 does not mean they like New Vegas any less, so unbunch your panties.

>By that logic New Vegas takes more after Fallout 3 than any other Fallout
Except it takes after 1 and 2

>People enjoying Fallout 4 does not mean they like New Vegas any less, so unbunch your panties.
I didn't even say anything about New Vegas, I was just pointing out that Fallout 4 adopted more design elements from BoS than other Fallout games because someone mentioned BoS. Why does this make you so butthurt.

youtube.com/watch?v=CYpYgq-Ln_c

>for the players

>know there is at least one mine in or around that building
>walking up carefully to pick up for later use
>cricket just fucking runs out and steps on it
>half of my body is now crippled
This will be my one and only time using a doctor to fix my shit
>fuck dehydration by stimpacks

First 3 hours of ever playing FO4, I have a very hard time taking out a Mirelurk that would drop be 80% per hit, it finally dies (from someone else's gunfire), turn around and this is what I see.

>vaultboy accepting his fate

>Except it takes after 1 and 2
But it doesn't, it's 3D in its presentation which is very Fallout 3.

Arranging the perks on a chart doesn't mean Fallout 4 is more like BoS than any of the other games. It's clearly Fallout 3's successor in tone and spirit, just like you argue NV follows 1&2.

And if you were a real fan you'd still think NV was shit because it had a few jokes in it, filthy fucking casual.

>Arranging the perks on a chart
It's literally the same exact system. They removed traits and most skills, while turning the few remaining skills into perks. Perks span across each SPECIAL stat, and you level the perks up. It's identical in gameplay design.

Oh you fucking bet. I had never met a super mutant before this, so I got the fuck scared out of me. The screenshot taken was accidental due to me flinching and hitting the binded button on my mouse.

I had made a quicksave while sneaking up on the Mirelurk, was also my only save, so I had to sneak away, let the mutants kill it, and end up running for my life because Dogmeat engages any enemy of any size.

also pictured: first encounter with power armor enemies. Turns out he had a fatman too.

It may be identical in presentation, but gameplay goes beyond the level up screen. I know this is shocking to you, but some of us consider the whole of an RPG, not just the stat system.

>but some of us consider the whole of an RPG, not just the stat system
The RPG elements basically hang directly from SPECIAL, perks, and skills. They're utilized for everything you do in the game, it's a lot more influential than you seem to think.

>be nora
>Vadim asks me if I've been in a barfight before
>say I can hold my own
>MacCready says "He is telling you the truth"
>"he"
What the fuck MacCready

Clearly you're using the wrong character

NOT INTERESTED IN DISCUSIN HOW REAL THINGS SHUD BE NERD

>le stats are all that matter meme
I bet you still like 2nd Edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

What? Pretty much everything you do in these games utilize your stats.

>put curie in a synth body with whats her face
>Curie was just pimped out with a new assaultron chassis
>turns into a mr handy during the cut scene
Gg

>MacCready
>not a retard

What's the best thing to do with the decontamination thing in the Children of Atom thing?

>annoy cultists
>free rad removal in radiation central
Your call bro, but if you don't have a way to deal with radiation you probably shouldn't be in Far Harbor anyway.

If you repair it to decontaminate you, it only seems to work once, any subsequent button presses don't remove your rads, they just spray you with useless water.

>play Fallout 4
>miss the RPG and fun exploration of NV

>play NV
>miss the smoothness, graphics and gunplay of F4

RRRREEEEE

J-j-just wait for Fallout 4.5 by Obsidian

It's almost as if neither game is perfect and the best Fallout would be a blend of the two...

I'm loyal to Atom though, i just don't want to hurt people

it only works once?

In the end though, the only pros F4 has over NV is superficial, and not mechanical. I'd replay NV any day over F4.