/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

AI Mastermind Edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/make-space-great-again-play-as-europeans-only
youtube.com/watch?v=2qzC5cUQcFk
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692435262
youtube.com/watch?v=oGhpSsljh_Q
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692470172
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for mushrooms

For everyone who wants a wroking only whites mod this one works with new version moddb.com/mods/make-space-great-again-play-as-europeans-only

fixed

So the only viable option as far as militarist goes is getting Fanatic Militarist with the advanced government form of the republic for 20% war happinies i think otherwise militarist is too shit now right?

>make space game in the future
>promote multiculturalism
>there are still four distinct races of people
>not a off-brown skin race with generic names

Nice multiculti paraducks.

Diversity is our strenght Black Woman leading the human race top keks

>no 'prep the bull' edict
when?

can't reveal the gameplan too early

Haven't played Stellaris yet, but I'm wondering about factions; I understand you can't indirectly support foreign factions before they revolt and become a proper player on the map? Such a shame. Would totally want to go full CIA mode on my neighbors like south America, having spies find a list of notable factions, choose the one that would destabilize the empire the most, heavily fund and arm them with covert smuggling, invest in a faction leader and give him a "charismatic" and "blackmailed/puppet" trait to better push things. Then after the revolutionists start a war, fund the loyalists as well and enjoy a private Syria war as an empire is brought to its knees and torn to shreds via nothing but spies, funding, and plausible deniability.

>fighting a redundant war against some shitty alliance because they're assholes
>they team up and bring a bunch of fleets to take out one of my fleets in a far off territory staying vigilant for scourge fleets
>they pick the one fleet that liberated my empire in a desperate push against all odds some hundreds of years ago
>the one fleet that exterminated the Scourge from this part of the galaxy
>the one fleet I built when I had only space port left because I was devastated by continuous wars and invasions by these very same assholes
>these assholes who tried to beat me when I was down only to get beaten back by this glorious fleet now about to perish
>now this glorious fleet of mine will lay in ruins for a meaningless carnage they staged in a meaningless system, in a meaningless war.

So be it. Let's have a war.

Civilization 6 gameplay.

youtube.com/watch?v=2qzC5cUQcFk

Factions are all but unimplemented.

fuccboi sempai here.

so i'm having a hard time with wormholes.

atm i play expansion and survey, open with second science ship and planet upgrades

research colonisation first and ignore the alpha/beta/... special prijects

now when i hit colonisation stage, habitable planets is still trickyt and i find myself getting fucked my space gas and shit and have to wait for tech before i bumrush my covettes thorough.

whats the optimal starting strat here, i'm lost

ps I added sedentry and missiles

feel stronger, just that colonial transition and feeling behind on tech is a stress

Factions needs to be pumped the fuck up to create that mid-late game internal conflict so there is something besides war after the first 100 years

>like the way the cat people look
>want to make a militaristic empire of sun worshippers
>realize the entire mammalian section is furry fapbait

C-Can I play as these ayys, or am I a faggot?

follow ur drems

Make them pay for every corvette, destroyer, cruiser and battleship. Inch by inch. Piece by piece, shove each bit o wreckage up their collective asses.

Only if you play the fox girls.

I can just watch a vid of Endless Legends.

Don't mind me just posting the optimal race

You then swap to either transcendent empire or enlightened monarchy once you reach govt lv2, whatever your preference.

>adaptive
into le waste

>adaptive
Why? Get communal or quick learners at least.

Hello Veeky Forums I just uploaded my Stellaris mod and I'm here to shill it.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692435262

About 1000 abstract emblems for empires.

Is this just an elaborate way to sneak a swastika into the workshop?

>pick government with bonuses to slave output without any slavery tolerance
>no ethics that give you slavery tolerance
>picking pacifist at all
>wasting traits on adaptive

There's nothing wrong with a good swastika here and there.

t. Southeast Asia

I don't think there are any.

There are few swasticas in another pack I'm preparing, although my intention was not to sneak them in.

Guys having trouble figuring out my other traits have 2 points left ideas?

>le down votes
Reddit is cancer
Normies are cancer

If you are not a social person on the outside its even worse especialy if you like me go to university its literal cancer both proffesers and students like 3% of human beings seem to be decent. Also i really love the change that reasembled colony ship only reduces eethics divergence by 10.

>have huge star empire
>find a nice border system with good resources and research
>few decades later some shitters decide they also want to space empire
>they eventually expand their shithole empire to my border and overtake that system JUST FUCKING BECAUSE

Is there any fucking mod out there that fixes this shit? I don't even know who the fuck dictates where the border lines are set but fuck me if I'm not tired of having to go full pest control on every savage fucker that decides they can into space.
I mean seriously whats the logic behind this mechanic other than "HURRR THEIR PLANET HAS LOTSA PEOPLE ON IT AND THEIR MAGICAL COLORED CLOUD EXPANDED INTO OUR SYSTEM. BETTER ABANDON STATIONS AND LET THEM HAVE IT!"

>quill18
closed
reported
saged
and called the cops

>try mod that lets you nuke planets into tomb worlds during wartime
>kills all the pop but doesn't destroy the buildings, create tile blockers, or stop the planet from spreading enemy territory

God damn it.

???

Each planet has default borders and each pop pushes them bit further as well.
Just get bigger borders yourself or establish an frontier outpost if the system is threatened.

why would humans be repugnant? fix ur shit

ur flag is mint, tho

Probably because they can't shut up about religion.

Have you ever met a human?

Paradox with the subtle commentary.

The way i am roleplaying it is that everyyone else finds us repugnant while we ourselves know we are not cause we are the best in the galaxies godamn xenos hate us cause they know we are better.

cunts

religion provides a more holistic worldview/philosophy than does atheistic nihilism

I think it adds a good number of abstract pictures into a library of abstract pictures.

The problem I have with the base game and your mod is that I don't want abstract shit. I want species-related things. Lions for lion people. Foxes/Wolves for the Fox/Dog people. Bugs for bug people. etc.

Overall I give it a 67/68, because this one is fucking retarded.

Couldn't say it better. Lines like this are exactly why his race is considered repugnant by other races.

What's the problem?

youtube.com/watch?v=oGhpSsljh_Q
You know what to do comrade

Starting system resources i think this might be a really easy game famigami.

Only 15 minerals in starting system
tip top

I think I can deliver on that one user. Soon.

>humans for human people

so is the patch broken or not lads

the patch isn't broken, but it broke rangefinder and now my ships refuse to spend any less than 3 months approaching enemy stations

Technical: Beta patch is fine now. Hotfix they released crashed.

Balance: there were a few changes that got reverted because of the crashing, and paradox was at a launch party all day, maybe wait until monday

Is there any way to modify fleets battle formations or how certain ship classes behave? I hate it how my destroyers, who are mainly armed with point defence, just charge in to the enemy and the ships that can tank damage are at the back.

>Technical: Beta patch is fine now
thanks m8

>trump face for trump people
>bernie face for bernie people

wait for rangefinder to update
alternatively, split fleets and have the squishy stuff engage later

>tier 0
spiritualists in hyperspace only galaxy
>tier 1
wormholes
hyperspace only galaxy
>tier 2
-
>tier 3
warp
>tier 4
hyperspace

Oy vey, it's like 1812 all over again.

>tier shit
anime

What is a decent/classic build order to start the game?
I just started and i wonder what would be a good point.
Colony ship asap?

There you go: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692470172

Unless you play on some weird settings all your minerals should go towards mining stations, colony ship and few corvettes early game. Mining network on home planet is also alright. Once your colony ship is on the way you can also pick up some energy to support it. If you have exceptional science deposits consider picking those up too but otherwise just ignore science stations.

>build order
entirely dependant on access to minerals in home and nearby systems
>colony ship first
yes, get a second planet asap, get that blob blobbing for all those mining stations between them

Make sure that ''path='' in ini files are correct.

Can we talk about first contact?
This is one of the features that was hyped before release, that you could be either peaceful or directly attack at first contact, but to me, it seems like this feature doesnt really matter, because you immediatell recieve communication request from the alien empire

What ethos should i pick in 1.03 for the best research output? I was thinking of pacifist for the happiness boost

Pacifist-materialist-individualist.

I wanted to try endless space, what are the most effective strategies in this game?
I tried an easy map with automatons, got like half the galaxy colonized (medium size, boxed AIs in their starting zone while I colonized the shared middle), then tried to take out one AI and the other two quickly declared war on me and destroyed all my best fleets like nothing, even trying to build ships tailored to theirs didn't work.
Where could I have fucked up? Too few military researches? Should I have kept a defensive style with automatons since they have fleet disadvantage? I went from being first in score to getting fucked to bits basically in the space of 20 turns

ethics divergence is pretty shit

Hey guys my sectors are forming a separatist factiions. How can I keep my sectors happy?

*tips*

What about traits Are conformist and quicklearner good?

You need more military techs and a bigger fleet obviously.

>getting rustled
user is fucking with ya, either go individualist or collectivist with spiritualist in the mix

Get Thrifty

From the thumbnail I thought he was holding Star Trek ships.

Endless Space combat is basically long range kinetics on small ships with fleet-wide bonuses chewing through everyone else like so much wet paper. Long-range weapons in general are the best because they let you destroy people in the first phase of combat, and kinetics fire on every round of a phase, unlike beams that fire on 2 and 4 or missiles that salvo on round 1 and do nothing until the next phase.

The fleet-wide bonuses just make every ship stronger than they should be.

Late-game you can mix in 3 larger ships with only fleet bonuses and defenses that stay in front and prevent the enemy focusing down your smaller ships because of the combat options.

There is a hero trait that gives +100 to damage per weapon's salvo. The hero that has it is adventurer I think.
to put this in perspective, short range kinetic does 1 damage per salvo. You literally can not wage wars without that trait.

Military researches are not extremely important. Putting all three defense modules, about 3-4 of each on every ship is crucial.

I always go with all short range kinetics, just to be efficient.

Is there any long term negative effects to letting this absolute madman?

Thank you very much for the detailed replies!
The game feels kinda raw but it's fun and you can see they learned a lot from Endless Legend. Let's hope ES2 is even better

>star trek
4u

>playing as literal space niggers

>implying munnins don't shit all over cerb cancer

wondering does negative ethics divergence cause alien pops to diverge to your chosen ethos?
dealing with the -40 happiness from xenophobes is a cunt

Indeed they did, time travel is amazing

>Share the Burden requires Collectivist
>But not Fanatic Collectivist

What the fuck, patch? I get it, SLAVERY IS BAD but just remove it from the game if you want to fuck people up. Don't have us research something that literally doesn't work for 99% of the goddamn races.

Do you spread your planets?
Or do you try to pack them as much as possible?

>you can see they learned a lot
>how can you see that?
>from Endless Legend

Spread. As long as there is space, expand. Else later you'll have to work hard for it.

yes, but you're gonna need to stack a ton of it to get past low happiness modifiers

Would it be possible to have a horror based end game crisis?
Like weird shit starts happening, spooky shit. communications between empires is distorted or sometimes impossible. Stars just fucking disappear without you even getting a notification.
There's no invading enemy, nothing to kill. To solve it you have to do a bunch of mega-research projects. Maybe even giving you the choice to share with other empires how to prevent whatever is fucking shit up happening to them or not.

>user actually said the proper thing and i didnt notice
Oh shit im sorry

Is Universe Sandbox 2 ''''''''fun''''''''?

oh well, that's gonna be fun, trying to deal with a ringworld full of unhappy former fallen empire pops when I can't purge or resettle them

though when they eventually revolt and spawn armies, do those pops die if you kill the armies or not?

>play 1.1 Beta
>rock stable fun times
>people with garbage tier hardware whine about latest hotfix CTD
>paracucks roll back hotfix instead of pointing to beta and version 1.0.stable
fuck reddit.
fuck paradox forums.
fuck you guys.

Wow. What a cluster fuck. This will probably last a year. I've already taken out one fleet, replaced it and repaired and returned with the fleet again and this shit is still going.

>be a pirate
>dont give a shit about rolling back

Do I have to manually assign each army attachment or am I missing something?

Which speed does mp games play themselves at mostly?
2?

I can't imagine playing anything but normal speed without pausing desu