/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Too good to be true Edition.

Elder Thread: >Official news
Dark Brotherhood DLC out on May 31st!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/04/22/dark-brotherhood-launch-details
youtube.com/watch?v=a6vtLcDgRkQ

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message @clv for invite
[PC EU] message @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

> Play PvP
> Suddenly you can't move for some reason, can't even break cc.
> You see someone in the horizon
> You've seen this before
> It's someone using Critical Rush
> Like a deer caught in the headlights you can just watch as this train of destruction runs towards you
> Zenimax decided that allowing someone to move out of the way as they see someone for several seconds charging at them just wasn't fair
> As he rushes towards you, you know what to expect once he's in reach
> An endless barrage of wrecking blow
> "Right so this patch we're going to focus on stamina abilities. Also we're going to buff poison damage, also we saw that Stamina DK was the top damagedealer so we gave them a buff and made sure their stamina abilities gets stronger due to being based on position instead of fire"

Thanks Zenimax

stam DK is getting a buff? nice!

based
my main is a stamina DK

stam NB for pvp - imperial or bosmer?

race?

New poisons in Dark Brotherhood coming up, as well as a bunch of NB abilities changing to disease means bosmer's resists should make fighting them easier.

Having a limit on how many characters you can delete per day is arguably one of the worst game decisions made by ZOS

I just started playing recently and was trying out different characters and now I can't fucking play until I get more deletes, because I decided on what I want to main, but the name I want to use is in currently taken by a character I plan to delete.

Why would they limit deletes? WHY THE FUCK

Bots apparently. Early on, there were easy to get to, single use quests that would give good gold and were easily automated.

You could make your first alt before your main? or get a character to level 8 quickly as a crafting alt?

You get one delete back per 24 hours from your last deletion.

This limit killed gold spammers over night in the PC version.

Don't make so many characters maybe?

I suppose if it means less bots and mail spam, it isn't such bullshit.

Minion now has ads, don't update it.

Thanks for the warning, almost updated.

is ESO graphically demanding as fuck or just poorly optimized. Even on medium I get fps drops to 30s when I enter towns. It's mostly smooth 60 outside of them though even on ultra

Right now I just lowered resolution, shadows, draw distance and it's tolerable, but still getting drops.

Will I just have to play on low for 60 fps, or is there something that can be done.

Bought this game recently, impressed with the variety in combat it offers, but still clueless overall.

Would I be gimping myself if I played as a nightblade with a 2hander for example?

2h nightblade is the done think afaik

anyone know which addon gives the armour damage percentage, when you view what you're wearing?

I've not had any problems with performance running on high, and I have a dinky weiner GTX650, 8gb ram, and a 6 year old 3ghz black edition.

If you have the minimap addon, you may want to uninstall it.

The second I installed that addon my FPS dropped by like 40 with ugly spikes during pop-ins. Second I uninstalled, went back to being smooth as butter.

Haven't had any sort of lag since.

So, how much does Executioner actually matter for 2h DPS in PvE?

I'd understand a 30% execute, or even a 25% execute, but 20% with a passive bonus at 15% just doesn't seem very good.

On most mobs that's literally one hit, and it's really just the same damage as Wrecking Blow with slightly less cast time.

Even on bosses it's usually only 5-10 hits before it's dead.

Wouldn't I gain a much greater overall bonus from slotting somthing like Evil Hunter instead, and just continue spamming Wrecking blow?

I'm only level 38 right now - will the bosses maybe eventually get enough health for it to be more useful?

>minimap addon

is that advanced UI?

I have it installed, but not enabled, because I couldn't figure out how to move that stupid minimap

I was talking about the Minimap addon by Fyarkin, but I don't use AUI. It's possible that might have it bundled in.

in dungeons where things have exponentially higher health the 300% execute damage will output far more dps than even perfect light weave wrecking blows

its also a very comfy combo in overworld pve to crit charge>wb>executioner with light weaves in between.

P2W is here.

yep, everyone's totally going to use the shitty crown store poisons over the leagues-better crafted poisons.

this is exactly just like the crown tri-pots and food, overall shittier, but convenient for anyone who can't utilize a crafting station.

What's the word on the street with how magicka sorcs are dealing with the too brief shields in the patch?

I'm only using a 950 and have 10Gigs of RAM and I have no qualms whatsoever playing it on High and even Ultra when the mood takes me

I just respecced my DK to stam. Dis gonna be fun.

What level were you?

Specially for crafters.

Fuck it I can't take it anymore

I had to take a break from this game last year when summer ended (college/job). It's summer again, what did I miss and am I too far behind?

Please speak slowly, and try to explain this to me like you're speaking to a child - I'm afraid I don't quite understand. It appears that, via some invisible and unknowable force, this game is causing me to have fun.

You can be honest with me. Do I have a brain problem? Am I feverish? Is it fatal? I feel faint. My vision is getting dark. I feel death at my shoulder. No, false alarm, that's just some fucking Ayelid ghost trying to give me a quest.

Dark Brotherhood update on the 31st, lots of changes...

user please I need you to bring me to speed, my clan's been dead for months and I feel a little overwhelmed again

>The next time you steal something from the most powerful necromancer in Tamriel, maybe you shouldn't hide it in a fucking crypt.

Abnur Tharn is fucking golden.

Samefag

hahah I just did that quest too
his bant is fucking excellent, even acknowledges good calls from that tall shewarrior when earns points

I don't think that's it then

the fuck is wrong with my game then

what view distance do you have?

I'm able to get solid 60 at high settings with view distance at 50 right now

It's hard not to like him, he's my favourite of the companions for sure.

I need more colors.

Has anyone completed any fishing achievements?
How much time does it take to catch all the trophy fish for one zone?
Are there any optimal strategies for fishing that could save some time?

>Pair of argonians want to kill a dark elf in revenge for slavery
>Dark elf seems legitimately regretful for her family's actions and is sad that parents are dead
>Well okay I guess I can't just let them murder her
>Maybe I can confront the assassi
>Nope we kill them
>Whew we survived perhaps someday this stupid pact will be over and we can go back to owning slaves

God dammit

Hours per zone. Today I spent two hours and about 150 guts trying to catch that fucking Mud Lamprey in Deshaan without getting it. Well at least you get plenty of gold from selling Psijic Ambrosia or Perfect Roe.

What class is a good fit for argonian? Their abilities seem all over the place with maybe a small focus on playing a healer

Some people like them for tanks due to their unique racial ability of increased healing received.
The swimming speed has no practical use as far as I know. Any place that skill might be useful is usually full of deadly fish.

Swim speed is good for fleeing guards

>all argonians are good for is committing crimes

racist

Does blocking lessen the effect of red AoE attacks?

Pretty sure it decrees all damage, even damage over time on you for some strange reason. It absolutely help against AoE tho.

For someone who just got this on ps4, what are some beginners tips?

Crafting is worth taking a look at and the sooner the better. Always have something on research. Save your money so you can buy a mount asap.

If you're a Skyrim adventurer, take a couple hours to learn to use the combat system effectively. You'll have a lot more fun if you feel powerful when adventuring.

I'm sure I missed the shitstorm about this here, but what do people think of 4K crowns for the Dro'Mathra Senche mount?

I think it looks cool, but there's no way in hell im condoning the price by paying that much. Voting with my wallet for this one.

Why would there be a shitstorm over cosmetics?

They can charge $100 for that shit and people will still buy it. That's the kind of people they're afer.

If it keeps the game from having invasive monetization I don't give a fuck.

The forums and subreddit were a shitstorm, people were furious. I'm not as much angry as I am just not willing to pay out.

I still think it's a stupid thing to do because they'd be making a lot more money from crowns by selling it for 2.5k like they do with other exclusives. More people would be willing to shell out to buy a new stock of crowns. I'm sure the ZoS thinking was "Let's charge more than people are likely to have saved in their wallets so they're forced to buy another large crown pack."

I don't care how other people spend their money as long as it's not p2w. I'm fine with the way the pay model is now and as long as Zenimax is making enough money they won't change it.

It's too much and there were smarter ways to market it desu.

Still, richkids will be richkids, so you can still see a fair amount of Dro'Mathra Senches around.

>"Let's charge more than people are likely to have saved in their wallets so they're forced to buy another large crown pack."
I do believe that is the very same reasoning behind the 500crown welcome wallet

I completely missed that shitstorm. As long as it's not p2w I couldn't care less. This was in Deshaan on the EU server yesterday and they got mocked for spending so much on a mount.

Join the guilds faggots

If anybody plays Xbone EU, add me at TheEnkian. I'm looking to start a guild because nobody I know in real life plays on Xbone, they're either PC or PS4.

Any good stam DK builds? I'm aiming for PvP, but it wouldn't hurt to know some levelling tips as well.
Mentioning levelling, can you guys tell me the most essential Dragonknight skills (and 1h+shield)? I'm new to DK. Using heavy armor, aiming for 5 heavy + 2 med ultimately, is it a good setup or moar medium?

So my main is an imperial stamina dragonknight, and I am trying decide on what my alt should be. I am enjoying my dragonknight but I play on him with a friend and don't want to work ahead of my friend.

I want to make a dark elf but I don't know what to do. Suggestions?

Do your secondary weapons don't give ultimate?

When I switch to my bow, nothing gives any ulti. And then for around 5 seconds after I switch back.

I'm leveling a stam DK dps with 2h/dw. 5 med, 1 light, 1 heavy.
The unstable flame is my standard opener
Burning talons and burning breath help a lot with those groups of three that are so common in pve. I chose Burning talons for the additional dps.
The chain pull thing is nice for maneuvering mobs to a safe place to fight and for the CC.
If you're ranged, stonefist is a good CC.

>1h+shield
It's really a tank skill line. 2h is good for a stam dps.

Why are the only people who use mics in this game black? I've heard maybe 20 different people using a mic in random campaign groups and almost every single one of them sounded black except for one hick white sounding dude.

DK skills are mostly melee, go ranged for different gameplay.
Dark elves have some flame damage racials. You could do a flame staff wielding sorc.

Black people have quality taste in video-games.

>flame staff

I will be honest; I hate the way staves play. Lighting staff is the only one I can bear, which is sort of my dilemma.

I had thoughts of starting a magplar but it seems dumb to use something other than a fire staff as a dark elf.

do at least enough crafting to unlock the hirelings for each craft, join a big guild hopefully with a trader and sell off any gold or purple materials you get from the hirelings

use the gold to buy a horse asap to start getting it upgraded and get the first few bank/bag upgrades

always have something researching in your crafting stations, starting on it early will result in a lot less headache later on

try to wear 1 piece of every kind of armor so you get skill ups, also try to have at least 1 class skill from all 3 trees to keep them leveled

when you hit 10 look up the cyrodiil skyshard map, join the non vet non champ map first if you want to do actual PVPing but you can guest into a vet map that your side dominates to collect more skyshards

I was more implying why is it only black people who use mics? I'm not convinced 95% of the population in the game is black but 95% of random mic users certainly are.

This was the NA PS4 server too, I would have thought black dudes would all be on xbones but now that I think about it the PS4 is kind of the main system for fighting game fans which = black people.

I have Dark elf magplar healer, flame staff/resto staff.
I think high elves have a lightning damage bonus.

6% fire/ice/lightning I think, still probably better off using a fire staff though because of burn

healing staff best staff

How good is stamina sorc on a dark elf? It seems like it is the closest to a spellsword, which would be my ideal character.

You could go bow with a flame enchant, but you're not going to get nearly as much out of racial bonus.
While I prefer the feel of a bow and the sneak attacks, I prefer the staff abilities to the bow abilities.

probs because a lot of black people are extroverted

And what for secondary?

And rapists

You could go for destro/resto for all ranged even if you're not healing. Resto gives you a self-heal and has some nice passives for magicka users.

staff so nice I equip it twice

Does anyone know around how much sustainWerewolf does fully upgraded?

I can do around 9k DPS single target in dungeons at 39 with Wrecking Blow spam, but my werewolf only does around 5k.

I'm just wondering if it's even worth it to start upgrading right now.

people have pulled 40k on ww in super short single target fights before, but that damage quickly goes down as the fight drags on. it's a decent morph for vet dungeons that aren't vcoa/icp/wgt.

Resto staff has it's advantages, but it lacks some of the nice features of the destro staff.
I like crushing shock for the interrupt on those healers and necromancers and the knockback of the flame staff's destructive touch is great for dealing with anything that gets to melee range.
That's why I like the desto/resto combo.

Pls don't die.

Any PvP skill choice tips? The Talons are quite disappointing to me, I thought they were a better version of sorc's Encase but their range is pitiful.

A-actually I wanted this character to be quite tanky. I might use 2h as the primary weapon and move 1h and shield to the back bar once I reach 15 lvl.

I haven't done a lot of pvp, so I can't offer much there.
The talons are for close melee only, you get right in the middle of the mobs, lock them down and go to work.
Tanky is fine and you can get through pve content solo with 1h+shield. It takes a bit longer to burn mobs down, but there is nothing more satisfying than shield bashing a caster to death in mid cast.

talons is good for draining your target's stamina, many people use shield charge from S&B and couple it with talons to CC lock people, to leave, they will have to either wait out both CC, or break free then dodge roll, the latter costing a lot of stamina.

you know what this game needs? hand placed unique items around the world in various locations people in the know can rush to like other tes games. When you walk into a dungeon in this game you have no real thought that maybe something good is hidden somewhere. I miss that feeling.

I think it looks cool. Happy with my current mount, so I didn't get one. It does tickle me a little how its pricing made a few people rage, which I will admit is probably a flaw in my character for which there is likely a name.

So much this. Even if it's just an extra momento or hat every now and then.

So how many of you guys consider ESO canon or TES fanfiction? I haven't seen any contradictions that stick out to me, but I'm also fairly blind to these sorts of things.

I consider it canon despite the while Cyrodiil jungle issue. Most do, some lorefags are just babies because they don't want the lore touched.

changes that will make stamina builds great again, I'm excited myself

lol what dark elf has specific passive for Fire damage, that race is more towards magic dk

The lore doesn't make the game, the game makes the lore.

Don't really care for any cosmetics, if I ever get a surplus of crown from getting sub then I might look into them but I won't be outright buying crowns anytime soon.

TES lore has room for contradictions built right into its fundamental cosmos, everything is canon.

Sounds nice, I'll probably do that

It keeps them from putting stuff like the craft bag behind a paywall, oh, wait...