/owg/ Overwatch Genera

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>/owg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f4jgjADsR1q3vjxS4SvLBaqvvnAcr0Pxg4ggs6_wObw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>/owg/ Survery
docs.google.com/forms/d/1n4-Xcs6_u2-uPPNrSUYiyKhE1_xFxrt1NsgbsrSOw6w/viewform

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/twRyTamX

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpC2U3jSRJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really want a hero based on cheesy magical girl anime. She could have a wand that shoots hearts or something stupid like that.

I know right now Blizzard is trying to do their world building thing, and have all the characters make sense in the Overwatch universe, but hopefully down the line in the dlc they drop pandering to the lore and give us some absolutely ridiculously noncanon hero's that prioritize fun character design over continuity

>tfw can't find friends because teams always get shuffled around

>tumblr

D.Va's cute thighs

There's a setting to change it to toggle, and also to stop Guardian Angel locking onto your healing target.

With Mercy, you may as well toggle healing so you don't have to worry about accidentally releasing your mouse button and losing your target.

By unlocking the Guardian Angel target, you can continue healing one person while using your team-mates to move quickly around a small area (eg. Using a distant Widow-maker to pull yourself out of Genji melee range while staying in healing range of a 76 that's trying to kill him.)

>Mei Freezes you
>She just stand there like a fucking dickhead lining up the headshot

NOTHING GETS ME MORE MAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just got 1000 overbucks, cop or not?

Posting the list of virgin Overwatch heroes:

Winston is the worst hero in the game

Haha reeeeee love this meme saw it on facebook :)

I wish you could trade skins

I'm never going to use my scavenger dva

>Enemy Reinhardt puts up shield
>Your team instantly starts treating it as if it were a wall, not trying to take it down as fast as possible to make Reinhardt useless

Why? It's not a fucking wall. Why do people stop attacking as soon as Reinhadt puts up the shield? Just fucking burst it down

How to fix Mcree.
>Make it possible to turn and use abilities whilst in flashbang

>Tracer can recall
>Genji can use dash
>Roadhog can hook him
>Mercy/widow can gtfo
>Mei can iceblock
>Junkrat can mine jump
>Phara can leap
>Mcree can roll

What this does
>Keeps Mcree as a viable counter to multiple characters who dont have defence abilities
>Forces defensive options on flankers or outright kills them if he's payed attention to what they've used
>Most of these defensive options require skill to pull off, or to be aware of your cooldowns when near a mcree (Hook, Mercy, widow, junkrat)
>Stops mcree fights being about who threw flashbang first.
>Keeps mcree being a major threat to all the tanks
>Stops people bitching about the win button
>Raises the skill ceiling on all characters when playing against him because you and him need to be aware of cd's

Mcree has a massively damaging hitscan weapon and is able to bust any tank including reinhardt shield, he will still be played in competitive with this change, but will be reliant on getting headshots rather than his crutch flashbang.

You're fucking welcome blizz

Nth for having to babysit damn kids

>give us some absolutely ridiculously noncanon hero's that prioritize fun character design over continuity

D.VA

She's a superstar schoolgirl who is the best at absolutely everything ever. Designed just to get the weebs and pedos playing. There's your little girl you can lust over.

It's tough picking the cutest emotes, sprays, and victory poses for D.Va

dumb frogshitter

You deserve to be frozen and shot in the head.

t. Cirno

Evewybody's cumming on me!

>when you get potg but it sucked ass

:(

Now that i have your attention...
How do i get good with Zarya ?

>19 years old
>pedos

Just got the game yesterday and the hate against Bastion is real. Seems like a braindead character that you go around and mash the R2, R1 button to win. Every "play of the game" from him is just him spraying explosives everywhere.

>tfw knowing I'll never have a cute asian girlfriend that is slightly submissive and cosplays video game characters for me while cooking delicious food also she'd have a nice sense of humour and be really adorable in bed

why even live

Am I missing something? Zarya's lightning gun does worse damage that Mercy's pistol when uncharged, and when fully charged it only does 50% more but it can't headshot (so arguably it does 25% less in ideal circumstances. She seems like one of the worst damage heroes in the game, yet she isn't tanky enough to just outlast heroes in a push. Is the entire point of her to throw out clutch shields to save allies and then get a black hole combo going? Why not just play Mei and be similarly difficult to kill while throwing up clutch walls and freezing people? You even have a similarly powerful set-up ult.

You play Quake lightning gun only for 500 hours, or spam MB2 like a knob.

report the shittalkers ;)

1 good skin for a bad hero
and 1 bad skin for a good hero

Because even with a computer putting you into matches you should be able to win, you still seem to fuck it up.

It says 19 in her bio sure because they can't legally have children getting shot in their game.

But she's got the body, voice and mind of a 12 year old.

>NU-UH, THIS HERE SAYS SHE'S LEGAL, THAT'S MEANS I'M NOT A PEDO LOL

I don't mean specifically little girls. I also think some sort of fat chef character would be fun as hell. His melee is a frying pan or something. That would never fit in the lore though

how we doing friends

This is what i do as a Reaper, as soon as i see that shit up i start unloading it

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpC2U3jSRJc
idk how to a webm

Teach me master

I was super salty about him early on but as you level up people will start to realise how to play against him, a decent genji/tracer/junkrat can flank him or a widowmaker/hanzo can pick him off, but I agree that when he gets that fucking camping spot and kills everyone in the team then goes into tank mode and kills everyone again it's super annoying

>slightly submissive
>not wanting a girl to be dominant in bed

fucking betas

>yellow fever shitters

Go above the enemy and shit grenades on the. Fuck up Reinhardt and D.Va with the laser gun.

Bastion couldn't be more braindead and he's obviously powerful, but I don't ever find him frustrating. He's so good but so not annoying. He's too straightforward to be annoying.

is cute

which class would play? mei is clearly too slow

McCree does not need a nerf, he exists literally to prevent people from going alone and is supposed to win all 1v1s

If anything needs a nerf it's Widowmaker that's blatantly overpowered and anyone with a brain and some skill knows this

Instead of nerfing other heroes they should be buffing them in various ways. If they start nerfing literally everything forever games will turn into slow boring shitfests where everything takes a minute to die

Who should I play if I want to make people mad as fuck, pad my stats and get easy wins?

I did the exact same thing the other day

Why is the matchmaking system in this so fucking shit? Just pair up 12 equally good players instead of this stupid ass shit where i get put on a retard team. My last 3 losses has been entering a map and then "defeat" 5 second later. WHAT THE FUCK.

>mfw i deliberately do this as slowly as possible

>Shadbase
No thank you.

>Is the entire point of her to throw out clutch shields to save allies and then get a black hole combo going
yes. Also having 200 of your health be shields is super strong, it's very hard for heroes like pharah and junkrat to kill you even without a healer

i want to SNIFF her ASS

masteroverwatch fucking sucks, it isn't accurate at all

We tend to remember bad things happening a lot more than good things happening. I promise you things are not the way you think they are. It is a matter as simple as we as people naturally tend to remember when things go wrong, because, well, they went wrong and this is a problem we wish to correct. When things go right, we tend to ignore things going right, because why make a note of something working as intended? Variance happens, friend. There is a mindset you just need to mold yourself into. Bad games happen, let them go. Individual games do not matter as much as you think they do. Just do your best every game and concentrate on improving yourself. I know, it is hard. It took me a long time too, but once I learned it, not only did I improve but I enjoyed games more. It is not going to be easy but I believe everyone can do this. So can you.

>didnt get to pick widow because some guy already took her
>he proceeds to suck dick losing every widow vs widow
>enemy widow constantly wiping our team

Should I just go 2nd widow when this happens?

He's a little too powerful. His healthpool plus the damage he puts out is unreal. I'm aware of the counters to him and I sub Widowmaker to snipe him but I tend to get him to gun me down, even when I'm away from everything

>stripping (9)

this place has gone to the fucking dogs

tracer, mei, mccree, widowmaker

At least it's not the gay shota

this is a blizzard game, and so it will ruthlessly enforce equal KDs and winrates like the Soviet Union

everyone's a winner by losing and we're all equal in poverty :~)

>it's ALWAYS the winners that write gg
and I've never seen anyone who's lost say it

I hate this everyone's a winner mentality

it's the reason no game in 2016 is allowed to show k/d anymore

>McCree stuns / fans you
>emotes at your lifeless corpse

tracer, genji, widow if you are good

Yes, only sure counter to widow is a better widow.

Do you have your shield available? Get enemies to shoot you, then pop shield and laugh at them. Half your HP pool recharges automatically, so you can afford to wait until you're actually taking damage. If you do it too early you look like a retard. Your crosshair circle gets fatter when your weapon is charged up, at which point it does 100% more damage for 150DPS from the R1 beam.

Keep an eye out for allies who are taking damage, too.

Note that bastion and D.Va blow through your shield instantly.

Is your shield recharging? Shit grenades in their general direction. By the way, a grenade costs 25 ammo, but you can still fire one if you have 1 ammo left, so you can get a little extra R1 damage in with 4 grenades.

Try to coordinate your ult with someone like Hanji or D.Va.

i'm sorry that you keep getting matches with dickheads

i've seen some genuine loser-first ggs though

Yes. Show them how it is done.

>he exists literally to prevent people from going alone
What the fuck are you talking about?
He can stun multiple people with the flashbang so it doesnt matter if you're in a fucking group.
He can throw it over the fucking shield and still kill you nomatter how many people there are

>If they start nerfing literally everything forever games will turn into slow boring shitfests
And slow boring shitfests are worse than a character having an instantkill button, the best close range damage and the one of the best long range damages of any character?

Fucking hell you're autistic, kill yourself.

It's always some cunt who was raging hardcore and going maximum tryhard that says gg. Always. If he says Ez then I guarantee you 100% they almost lost the game at some point.

>2 Toblerone, Bastion + Reinhardt shield on Hanamura
I never felt so dirty about winning

> Put shield up around my teammates
> They step through it to shoot at enemies
> Try to move up to cover them
> They keep stepping out of range
> They die
> "wtf Reinhardt why didn't you shield me"

THE SHIELD WORKS WHEN IT'S BETWEEN YOU AND THE BULLETS

welcome to "competitive" games

>not spamming "sorry-sorry" before shooting the icicle

It is less about, "Everyone's a winner," I mean afterall, there is obviously the "on fire" system, and more that not showing it directly allows people to concentrate less on, "MUH KDA" and focus more on the actually important detail, you know, winning.

So how is this post contribute anything to the thread dear janitors?

Someone upset they couldn't go le epic lonewolfing because an enemy mccree stopped just that?

who's that supposed to be? Alejandra or D.va?

now do Mei, then Mercy, then Torb, then Reaper etc

can they fucking patch roadhog already, i'm kinda done with being hit by bugged, rubberbanding hooks

once i realize a team is a lost cause i kind of just do whatever i want

Tracer has the most disappointing ult of all heroes

> Other team starts shit talking
> Tell them I fucked their mother
> The amount of tears is out of this world all because of the oldest trick in the book

>Freeze someone
>"Hey chill out"
>Wait for them to get out of the freeze so I can do it again and then kill them

>enemy team get slaughtered
>a player ragequits and is replaced
>suddenly it is balanced

>Sitting behind shield as lucio
>He puts it down to use E
Sniped
>He turns to not face the sniper randomly
Sniped
>He charges off
Sniped

>WHAT THE FUCK WHY DONT I HAVE HEALING
Fucking reinhardt mains man

Mcree stops groups just as well as he stops people on their own
Kill yourself

remove widow

im tired of playing against her, im tired of seeing her on my team

>look I'm an expert on child psychology this is a child muh headcanon

alrightie then

>it's an "please don't nerf my crutch, blizz" episode

>Reduce Widowmaker's fully charged bodyshot damage to 100 so that two full shots are needed to kill but good Widows can still fuck shit up with headshots
>Potentially nerf ult by making it pulse out on a timer and/or only show indicators rather than exactly what hero is where

Is this enough to nerf her? Would it make Tracer too good?

Anyone want to join NA?
Free losses.

please help

i don't want to play with south americans anymore

how do I play with north americans

i beg you

Once on Gibraltar, both we (def) and the other team were literally 0.1 seconds from winning in the like 5th overtime. Payload was like 20cm from the point. We somehow won, and the whole enemy team GGd. It was a good match.

it's working correctly

>general is already nothing but angry offense mains insisting everyone serve them as healers and tanks pushing the objective while they go rack up a sick-ass K/D

>tfw one day I will be level 100+ but I will still be matched with the average level 1 - 10 players because that's where my MMR puts me.

Fuck this EXP system. I wish it was a ranked system so that I could drop down to where I deserve.

>enemy team is carried literally only by 20 tick arrows by autistic hanzo """main"""

if a mccree kills a group of 2+ people he stunned then it doesn't matter because the enemy is fucking dogshit

Bastion and a Reinhardt that look out for each other is enough

Bastion on his own is fine but when the enemy team on defense plays President Bastion it sucks dick to fight against.

the only non-ult way to deal with it against a half decent team is to try to distract/flank them and get your own bastion/reinhardt setup before they react.

apart from when it pulls you behind Roadhog i'm pretty sure it's working as intended.

I swear this never happened in sc2