/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Still Relevant Edition

Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:
Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Medieval Engineers, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo

Avorion
>avorion.net/
>/egg/ approved server: 149.202.65.190

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q

Garry's mod:
>garrysmod.com

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Medieval Engineers:
>medievalengineers.com

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

GearBlocks:
>moddb.com/games/gearblocks

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bp-2L4w2wZc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ee1ootojtc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my last grilled

corneroids

first for...
uhhh...

3rd for double suspension in a single wheel now posible in crap engineers

Real battleships had such a setup against torpedoes but with variable properties, namely more space and less metal towards the bottom. You may want to invert this though, since thick metal protects against HE and space protects against HEAT. Clipping the shields into the 'skin' may also work to save engine power, but I'm not positive it works against rounds that have already hit.

thanks for the info
that looks quite complex (relatively speaking)

>Now I wanna make a gun ship
Do this one if you can

t. schlomo earlyaccessberg

Too bad the building in pyrion is actually pretty awful. If anything, Spengies got building right.

youtube.com/watch?v=bp-2L4w2wZc

maybe avorion won't be shit....right?

please

>not the planet-buster yamato cannon

>he fell for the mengies jew

I bought it on release

Can that guy from the last thread post his rail gun design?
Also, how are max size rail guns? I was thinking about making an 8 meter, 500mm rail gun, but I would rather just ask here if it works well before trying.

cant you find out yourself?
i heard its fun
besides min maxing in ftd is really wierd and fucked up

Cute boat. I like. What does it's hull look like?

I am playing D&D soon, but I will post a full schematic of it tonight. Like 4+ screenshots and how to build the internals and everything.

Thanks

Meanwhile at keen hq

brb gonna design a 18x8000 sabot

Horre shit. This is great!

Is eating monkeys that caused HIV to be transmitted to humans in the first place?

What are some non-engineering games that have prominent engineering mechanics?
Also, what is everyone majoring in/have a degree in right now?

Environmental Technology
Then probably transferring for Environmental Biology next year

I majored in Computer Engineering but I just stopped going to school cause I don't like dealing with people.

Currently working a dead end job Seattle, WA. I'm going back to school eventually, though.

Also, what are some degrees that would lead to really high-paying jobs and also allow me to create something innovative and inventive?

EE with a specialization in nanotech

When will this cicle fucking finnish???

seems like its going to take a shitton of modules so far

>table has an integrated monkey cage
>the specially designed neck restraint ensures that the monkey can't move its head as the diners beat it to death with little mallets
>after the skull has been cracked open, the neck restraint doubles as a cutting board for the monkey's brain

I am finding it difficult to put to words how horrified I am right now.

>non-engineering games that have prominent engineering mechanics

Are there /egg/ games from before 2007?

Machinecuck>everything

Prove me wrong fags.

Robot Arena 2 :^)
Garry's Mod

Make me faggot

EE second semester.
Innovation and invention are present in all fields dummy, it's not something a degree will give to you.

It's not the same boat.
As for , it follows the usual pattern in my boats, it has 45degree angle and 4 block high. I'll post more pics when i get home

Forgot to ask, how many of you fags are dyslexic? I surely am.

nice calibre
on 8200 raildraw deals 40000 kinetic damage and takes only a few seconds to load

nothing
iam a bum :C

>non-engineering games that have prominent engineering mechanics

moddedminecraft

>Also, what is everyone majoring in/have a degree in right now?

Went all the way with chemistry and got a PhD

>tfw no chemistry games apart from Spacechem which is hard as BALLS

Dolph?

I'm 100% sure that somewhere in this dark world there is a bigger version of that table made for billionaires who want to taste human flesh once just for the thrill or dark underground societies who dine on flesh because if an ancient ritual
and what really scares me is that there is a tiny chance that any one of us can be the unlucky nobody who gets kidnapped someday and ends up on that table and no one will ever know where did user suddenly disappeared
I wonder what my last thought will be when the billionaires are beating my head with mallets to finish me off because their wifes are getting scared from my loud screams of agony and their friends are getting tired of waiting for food

Hans?

>a tiny chance that any one of us can be the unlucky nobody
Don't be ridiculous, they only eat children. Not man children

>Also, what is everyone majoring in/have a degree in right now
I'm trying to get a degree in Computer Engineering.

folks the future is now upon us

>implying they would give up and bigger brain which has developed and aged like an old wine to some small kiddie fresh brain
I work at keen and i can confirm that our staff would go with a developed mature brain over any other sort of brain

>implying keen does have any brain

woooah!

that's why they eat brains you dummy
they're too dumb to know that eating brains wont give them brains

Here is the prequel.

In case someone didn't know:
Keen is a government funded program disguised as a game dev company built to see if the infinite monkey theorem is actually true
So far the progress is going on according to the schedule and the scientists are amazed

If that's true, then i suppose squad is the same program from the mexican government :^)

So, sometime after the heat death of the universe a fully functioning space engineers will be made?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ee1ootojtc4

Kinda like that. It barely changed shape in over a year, a testament to the quality of engineering.

nah squad is actually a program by the cartels to see how much money you can get people to give you without actually doing anything.

Exactly, Its like some sort of cold war
Russians have a program like that too but its top secret
Maybe, we can't know for sure

its pretty efficient engineering so stop whining

Well that was 7 minutes and 14 seconds I will never ever have ever again.

pls respond

>I am finding it difficult to put to words how horrified I am right now.

Its a scene from a movie, but its a real thing "the rich and the elite" people did and probably still do.

So I got construction robots, but they just keep hovering around me with repair kits.
How do personal robots work?

>try out robocucks again for the first time in months

>missiles can actually miss things sometimes now and dont track targets with perfect precision anymore
>wow, took them fucking long enough, maybe I can fly my planes now....

>flak still utterly destroys anything more than 2cm off the ground, and does great damage even to ground targets
>SMGs are worthless
>plasma is meh
>shotguns one hit KO anything and everything
>protoseekers are completely useless and short range now

They should've never introduced more weapons after smg. Maybe made them dps/burst/map spotter flare/different damage system, but not introduce anything else

robocucks out

maybe in india but not in the first world
you could just order some quality anything brain instead of just fucking buying some complete monkey off of a zoo or where you buy that stuff

>games
CataclysmDDA has vehicle construction. It may be considered full on engineering game after the early survival period and securing some safe area, because with abundant food and ammo all you do is find recipes and parts to weld on top of your murdertruck.

>degree
CS pleb here.

CE last semester

why do so many people have degrees here holy sheit

>Engineering games general
Hlurp derp Dlurp. These types of games attract people with above average. If you want to be around tards, then I suggest a Blizzard game or CoD general.

Reliably loses to a Sea Viper!

>implying i want to be around my kind

life is a cruel misstress

Do you even suspension geometrics?
The axis of the springs its linear, and the movement of the suspension parts are like a push rod, like the front most of the F1 cars.
when the suspensio goes down, the distance between the front wheel expands, wich contradic the linear movement from the springs.

Does this works??

which makes me wonder

how old is the average /egg/ler?

>tfw no degree, but great with my hands and very mechanically inclined easily able to visualize machinery and how shit works in my head

I want to get into heavy duty mechanic shit to go work on large tractors and construction equipment, but Im stuck at my shitty job for the next few months.

in memory of sweden

I turn 30 this year.

I would dare to say old like 2x-3x
But wont suprise me if there is some teen.

>>/gsg/

Bachelor degree in theoretical physics.

I dont, but still that didnt took me off from learn about everyting.

the suspension can rotate to adjust to that

I turn 23 this year, i've been here since the beggining of /rcg/

I have a bachelor's in hating shitty polls that belong on facebook.

18x8000 sabot railgun turret complete

its inefficient as hell, but rule of cool still rules

Look at this gap, you are forcing the spring to act in the axis they are not possible IRL and not ment to in the game.

post insides and settings please

meant please post a bigger image of the insides. it is very small

i expressed myself wrong, the springs are jointed too

there isnt much to see
its just random bullshit, it could be made way better overall with a bit of streamlining

60% rail draw usage because muh rechargers not fast enough (projectile 2800 m/s)

at 100% projectile speed about 3600 m/s

Thanks, user.

no problemo