imgur.com/a/XhBxC (DeS)
collageanon.imgur.com/
flockmod.com/dsg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dO9BFGHTrC8
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/31824
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why does From hate pvp

If this isnt a scam how can they do this? The one from game deals just gives you a steam key, yet they sell it for 1/3 the price of steam

When a retailer buys keys from Valve, they put it for Valves cut so whatever they sell it for is at a profit and Valve doesn't have to wait around for money.
Some of these retailers sell it on the grey market sites for not full price, but a guaranteed sale.
Also a large amount of those are purchased with stolen credit card information like G2A which was caught doing that.

>regular joe schmoe players have plenty of great, common sense ideas to fix PvP (invasions, weapon balances, magic, etc)
>FROM will never implement any of this

I really don't feel bad at all for twinking the shit out of my second character for SL30 invasions and getting all the estus/bone shards.

>Boost faith weapons
>Boost faith attack damage
>Boost infusion damage
>Drastically reduce attack damage, increase tracking on faith attacks
>Boost damage again
>Boost miracles
>Reduce everything including buffs, take away tracking on faith attacks,
>Take away buff stacking

>Still limit the amount of soul vessels per playthrough

Jap companies are fucking assholes, this is why more and more dev studios are always being made in the west and japland is just the land of dying businessmen who are disassociated with their consumers and fans.

Twinks ruined it for everyone.

>thinking this is unique to Japan

People who can actually come up with halfway decent game design ideas are an extreme rarity. People who can do that AND have any other useful skill related to games + social skills are almost nonexistent. Western devs are just as bad at "holy fuck what were you THINKING!" in the game design sense.

Got mine for 24 the week after release.

Wasn't even expecting it to work but gave it a try. Got a message 4 hours later, put it in and it worked.

A friend tried it and he got a foreign version though, probably got lucky and won't consider it again

Someone get the transIated interview where they expIain souI memory, nothing couId be more fitting.

Dark souls 3 doesn't have 'foreign' versions

Does anyone know how much damage a Hollow Lothric knight's sword does compared to Anri's at 40 dex/35 luck?

Casuals quitting in Undead Burg, returning the game, and saying it sucks ruined it

Should have posted it was for the DS 1 SE with the extra content.

999/9999 capacities for bolts and arrows

W H E N
H
E
N

could anyone drop me a dragonslayer's axe +2 or lower on xbone? will post cock

They don't hate pvp, they just don't do autistic calculations of shit because they expect people to care about fun, not about some shitty "meta" that no one on the dev team could give a single fuck about.

Twinks in the Parish are why From keeps stacking more and more odds against invaders.

DS 2 on the original console is booming right now though and surprisingly a bunch of varied builds. Probably going to give 3 a break, running into the same guys over and over got boring fast.

Alright, thanks for the info. Ill probably just get it from greenman or wait for steam summer sale

consumed kings boss fight is ridiculous on a caster.
Its easy on a low stamina cost melee where you can dodge a lot but casting is difficult.

I have such a short time frame for casting I need to be really precise.
The main problem I have though is I keep getting hit by his charge.

Do I rather side dodge it or through him? I never know when the hit connects. I find it difficult to read.
Any hint?

it doesn't take autistic calculation to realize how much you've fucked over pvp

yo, anyone know if you can get invaded by Watchdogs after you've killed Crystal Sage/Abyss Watchers?

remember if you lose a duel make sure to complain about cancer weapons and say you did nothing wrong

you don't dodge it
just stick to his tail and you wont ever get hit by anything he does
cast point blank
distancing yourself in this fight is a mistake

you could also just spam a bandit knife with carthus rouge, you dont need luck to make him, dancer, and gundyr a joke

Yeah cause they want that casual money

Oh no, are you gonna have to learn how to dodge black flame? How could anybody possibly learn to do that?

Who gives a shit about twinks, kick them off a ledge. Git gud or cry about how clunky the controls are and how unfair the game is

QUICK
PATE COSPLAY
WINGED SPEAR OR PIKE?
Im leaning towards pike

You have to delay your rolls pretty well at oceiros.

You're completely invulnerable during your roll animation, so just experiment with the timing until you get a feel for it. After his charge, he'll occasionally pause for a few seconds to REEEE a couple times loudly, predicting and capitalizing on this opportunity to cast is likely your best tactic

cross-region pvp

yay or nay?

You're leaning the right way. Go with it.

winged for canon
pike for fun

Post your coop theme
youtube.com/watch?v=dO9BFGHTrC8

>Get invaded all the time
>Find it fun and challenging so I keep ember up all the time
>Decide to try and invade
>Nothing but gank squads
Why don't people like fun?

What the fuck is wrong with the darkmoon covenant? There's never any invasions, how the fuck am i supposed to get the darkmoon blade?

if it's the same as in DaS2 it has only two regions: japan and not japan

wait for the charge, roll through it, then cast right after you get up, he has a big animation where he will like snarl at you for a second.

also when he is doing his spin if you get like right under his chest, he wont hit you so you can probably get a cast in if you find yourself in that situation

not a caster, but that's what i would suggest

is there a spell like the one in DaS2 that lets you know where the host is when invading?

as with all bosses, if youre having trouble, go in and do not attack at all

just WATCH them and get a feel for their moveset and attack timings and when to dodge etc. do this a couple times and i guarantee you will whoop his ass soon after

"git gud" is a slur.
skill is a privilege.

this is the correct answer but no one will admit it

the devs don't give the slightest fuck about this faux smash melee bullshit. if anything they actively despise it, thank god

it has nothing to do with casuals. People that want to be invaded solo can still achieve that. Most people care about twinks. Twinks are unskilled cunts that ruin the game for other people and only do it because they lack the skill to win in true PvP, not unlike the level 80ers we have now.

There was supposed to be an item.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/31824

Is my oroboro gank spank build ready?
Katana for 1v1. Feel like its time after never using one.

farm silver knights for a week

it may just be people cooping through the game and you happen to invade. so its not all malicious. ask from why they so heavily prioritize worlds with summons for invaders

>way of the blue equipped
>dried finger
>summon a phantom
>try to progress through the area normally

holy shit, this even makes farron swamp fun.

enjoy getting killed by gank squads now countering this

>unironically defending twinking with "git gud"
lol

yeah, been doing that just now.
If I manage to dodge the charge of his I have a HUGE window for casting... Not so much if I have to Chug AND cast.

will try again now with carthus dodge ring thingie. I have beaten him multiple times melee easily and could probably do so at point blank casting.

I just try to mix things up with every playthrough and this one is all about distance.
The part that gets me is that I dont see any hint on when he strikes during his charge.
But I often have this with beast mobs/bosses in souls games.

Weapons and weapon-swings are so much more predictable and readable for me than some random beast arms/legs/tail

>There was supposed to be

FROMs slogan.

>people think the netcode is OK and can be worked around

the entire game is 100x more fun spamming dried finger

>thank god for lower quality content

M O R O N?

Bruh, do you have any idea how much shit gets cut out of any game?

Fucking tons.

This isn't some problem that FROM has, its just something inherent to video games.

Oh ok it's pretty clear you're an ass busted crybaby who couldn't figure out how to possibly avoid black flame
Don't even reply don't care how some autist faggot convinces himself he's not an autist faggot

Guys l want DS 3 how l fucking hated S M in DS 2.

How did they improve on this? Can l spend a fucking ton of speIIs and connect by IeveI again?

What did they do to make this better? ls match making in covenants Iike Brotherhood of BIood fucking stupid stiII? ls my sI 200-250 going to get matched with sI 700s again?

It can be worked around. It's literally a case of "play as if you are where you were a second ago"

Do you think that things will get better by the first DLC? If you do, do you think I'll be able to get the covenant rewards at that time or will everyone be on NG+gorillian and unable to matchmake or have quit? Because I've really been considering letting my copy sit around until everything's sorted. I mean even PvE is busted by the mechanics so it's not like I'm particularly having fun right now.

Weapon upgrade is the new SM. There are no arenas.

>tfw 8 vit away from fast rolling on bloodborne build

>dark souls pvp
>quality content

good luck m8, you can do it.

>confirmed for buttmad that he can no longer prey on new players with a completely unfair advantage

>that axe
>bloodborne

matchmaking is based on level, as before, but there are also restrictions based on upgrade level, so you can't twink by taking a +10 weapon to the starting areas

there is no arena but FCs are very common at an area about halfway through the game

despite it being shit, its still predictably shit. not an excuse for from, but for now its not gamebreaking

>relatively huge life leech for a Souls weapon
Best way to mimic the Rally mechanic.

Before I infuse this carthus curved sword it's it any good with lightning? Is does blessed do it any justice?

Bitch back in DS1 you'd invade and get invaded by people who froze their health to make it infinite and nobody black crystaled out you'd kick or force them off a ledge

Sounds like you need to git gud

>Twinks are unskilled
I beg to differ. Twinks in das3 are probably the most skilled players right now because dealing with 2 cops, 2 phantoms and a purple is a nightmare and yet we make it alive almost always.

t. twink

start a silver knight genocide.

yup, just got it.
Found out something else thats pretty fun.

His charge has a maximum range.
I just ran to the other side of the room, free aim cast my fire orbs and let him charge into it.

That was fun. Try it on your next caster!

With a name like harvest valley, do you think that the area was originally supposed to be the games spooky farm area like Hemwick in BB or Undead settlement?

It seems to me like Bteam ran out of time to model and put the trees in or put any kinda atmosphere in, so they made the place a desolate grey quarry instead.

The place's transition is even in a giant windmill just like forbidden woods as well.

Just get the pontiff item.

Lucy's a faggot and I deeply maintain that Dark Souls 1 is massively superior in both PvE and PvP but if you think the invading the Burg and Parish with fully upgraded armor, pyromancy flame, and chaos weapons bullshit wasn't a low point, then that says something telling of you.

You mean invaders, not twinks. Twinks are as shit as ever.

>With a name like harvest valley, do you think that the area was originally supposed to be the games spooky farm area like Hemwick in BB or Undead settlement?
No, it was a mistranslation. The japanese text roughly calls it the Pooling Valley or something like that.

>Twinks are unskilled cunts
This has never been true.
In Dark Souls 1 you had to defeat a relatively hard boss at a low level.
In Dark Souls 2 you had to avoid every enemy and rush your ass to Straid without weapon upgrades or spending any unnecessary soul.
In Bloodborne, jesus FUCK
In Dark Souls 3 you have to rush through most of the game with a +2 weapon at a low level.
And after that you will be constantly fighting gank squads and 4v1s, unending streams of summons and blues, with half your estus.

You don't even have any right to talk you save editing muling cunt, you never earned anything of your own.

how exactly does the Critical stat work?

I've seen 100, 110, and 130. What are the differences? Does hornet ring add 30 to the base? I.e. dagger + hornet ring = 160 critical?

nah, invaders just black crystal out and cry "muh 7 estus". Occasionally winning an invasion with a caestus horny riposte is what makes their life worth it

>only triggers once every 6 hits, and only if there's no notable gaps between attacks
The Pontiff rings practically do nothing at all.

M O R O N

let's think about this for a moment

>dark souls pvp is shit: correct
>we all want better content: correct
>with adjustments to balance, from can make the game a lot more fair and more fun to play ie better content: correct
>rejoicing the fact that from does nothing to clean up its shit: makes you a moron

N O R O M

just stay hollow lmao fag

>people who froze their health to make it infinite and nobody black crystaled out
i'm here to play an arpg, not a cheat engine bumpercar simulator

>pooling

Designated pooling valley?

90% of my invasions were in Duke's and the other 10% were catacombs so let that say to you whatever you want

>devs don't give a shit about competitive pvp
>therefore, the game is unfair and not fun to play
lol

"Valley where stuff collects"
DESIGNATED
POISON
PEAK

>Tfw actually speak perfect English but sometimes my typing comes out like this

I think I'm having a stroke

Anyway, does anyone have an answer for me? I know I could look at the numbers (and I have) but you can't really beat actual experiences

>Noticed it gets B Str scaling with no Dex when Heavy +6

Also curious about this, that seems pretty decent

Yeah, it's a % bonus

But I don't know about 3, but in 1 every weapon class had other hidden innate crit multipliers. I remember curved swords having a lower one than average and curved greatswords having an increased one, for example (respectively 1.8 and 2.25 multiplier on backstabs compared to the "normal" 2)

Thank you for explaining m8s, going to pick it up today.

Then stay hollow and don't invade other people pussy

tfw when bb combat is goat but level design is ass
tfw when das level design is goat but combat is ass

neither 4kings nor especially dancer skip is hard, but holy fuck are you right about bloodborne

no comment on agape ring

In DaS1, You would have people begging to have end game gear, that they got on their 387s, muled down to their level 11s even after the bottomless box glitch was fixed.

In DaS2 on PC, people would just cheat and constantly revert their Soul Memory/saves. It became even easier once the Agape ring was a thing.

Even in /bbg/, you would constantly get level 43 people begging to be password-summon carried through the Orphan of Kos.

Password-summons and being able to trade shit makes it even easier in DaS3. You see people on here all the time asking for others to drop them NG++ rings.

>>therefore, the game is unfair and not fun to play
can you read?
lol

Yo not that guy but seriously just shut the fuck up you're a fucking take shit out of context word twisting idiot

I do. I stay hollow and get chaos weapons as soon as physically possible, then turn human and shit on twinks expecting new players.

Is Gotthard good sharp or do you need to go refined?
Wanna try out some new weapons on my dexfag