/fog/ - Fallout General

COME ON AND SLAM Edition

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/dfRatvDc

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Feral Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14077/?
youtube.com/watch?v=sAJTe__5B24
nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/816/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Waifus #1

Anyone have any perfect assassination moments? Ones where the stars align and you see the opportunity to tear the foe apart?

>hear about how spoopy skarry Museum of Witchcraft is
>Play it.
>Literally just a bunch of nothing until you find a deathclaw that you still one-shot.

Console kids, man. Dunwich was spookier but just in a jump way.

post your best screenshot where there is a connection with whats going on the subtitles shown

>can't flip cars whilst in PA
D R O P P E D

>console kids
Ok grandpa

The spookiness is meant to be in the build up to that confrontation. The tension that builds as you approach a powerful monster. The disappointment realizing it's something you have faced before.

>that was clo-

Is there a wood furniture ar15 mod right now?

>had a faggy legendary deathclaw instead of a badass deathclaw-centaur hybrid

Mine wasn't even legendary, just mythic.

>tfw they have added lines about far harbor when you first speak to the atom nutjobs in the glowing sea

Neat, I wonder if there are other lines added to other characters

While I will admit that Mass Effect is guilty of it, I dont think Dragon Age (Origins anyway, only one I played) is very guilty of it. Most of the reason things arent happening in that game is because of political gridlock or because peasants are trying to get things done.

Admittedly, you are certainly more powerful than pretty much everyone else but you have a posse of like ten other people that are clawing at your bootheels in skill level. They also do an ok job of showing that people know youre a force to be reckoned with in their reactions.

The main thing that bothers me in Fallout is that they make almost no effort to hide this fact, especially in 4. Like when you get everyone back to Sanctuary and Sturges asks you to build beds. If you ask him why he just says 'You asked if you could help, get to it.'

If you don't then they will never get built. You literally have to build everything for everyone and kill any threat that comes along.

Then there's all the quest lines. Like when Preston says 'You lead the Minutemen cause I'm an incompetent shit' after knowing you for literally less than a day and no matter how many settlements you have you, the fucking General, have to go clear out paths for new ones. The whole of the Minutemen in general is just a bunch of needy shits that can't fight for themselves.

The BoS line didn't bother me too much because at least there was some justification in there with Danse sponsoring you and all that.

The Railroad was in the middle somewhere. You go from a nobody to a top trusted agent almost overnight.

It does get kind of annoying that nothing at all gets done if you're not the one doing it sometimes, especially if it's something you've done before.

mine was albino

LL is kill?

was about to talk about that myself

>Using modern guns in fallout

>There's an audio recording outside which just tells you what's inside the building

>AR15
>Modern

>trying to make people who don't like modern tactical garbage look bad by pretending to be one of them and calling the AR15 modern

nice try buddy

Don't even bother with it, he's one of those people who thinks anything and everything that happened after WW2 in our universe didn't happen in the Fallout universe.

A friend of mine was talking about it and he built up the Deathclaw as this force of Death that would rip you to shreds. I was tense as I approached and there was all the wood cracking and shit as he was moving around above and I was wondering if he would break through the floor and jump me.

Then when I finally got to it I popped every combat chem and unloaded with a shotgun aaaaaaand killed it immediately. Was kinda disappointing.

If you followed the notes there it was just a Deathclaw momma tracking down her eggs.

>It does get kind of annoying that nothing at all gets done if you're not the one doing it sometimes
To be honest, Fallout 4 is the least guilty of this out of all the Fallout games.

The BoS for example send tons of patrols all over The Commwealth and generally fuck shit up with their PA soldiers, even if their veritbirds are like paper due to a bug.

Hell, I've even run into a number of random encounters were I see Minutemen fighting raiders, robots, or gunners, and generally kicking their ass.

Not to mention theres a few places were we see synths fucking shit up quite well.

And all of this is before you do shit for anyone.

compare that to Fo3 or NV, where everyone JUST sits around with their thumb up their ass and does nothing ever, and Fallout 4 has probably done the most to lessen that effect then any game in the series previously.

>BoS character
>Curie talks about becoming a human
>consult Dr. Amari
>she informs me that she works for the Railroad
>eventhough the Railroad and Institute are destroyed a caretaker will show up with an escaped synth
>no option to turn them to BoS
>no option to even let Maxon know and he'll tell you they already knew but want no trouble with the rest of the Goodneighbour
>can't just kill Amari and the caretaker because I also want no trouble with the townspeople, they are probably marked essential anyway and there's always a possiblty that a future DLC will include Dr. Amari

GOTY THIS YEAR ALL YEARS

>he
as if it's not you samefagging to start an argument and make the opposite side look bad

reminder that the P90 is canon and there's nothing you can do about it

Yeah i know.

The centaur-deathclaw hybrid would have been cool because deathclaws are (were) terrifying and centaurs are fucking disgusting, would be nice because cthulu

Oh shit, you caught me.

Go and take your meds.

Fallout 2 isn't canon.

Is it just me or does the MIRV launcher actually make the Fatman less useful? For whatever reason I find that with the MIRV mod installed 9 times out of 10 it actually does no damage to enemies.

Make what side look bad? oh, The bethesda fanboy side.

Far cry 4 is better than fallout 4, hell even blops 3 is better

Fucking answer my question.

How does a robobrain work? It can be programmed yet it's a human brain?

not liking 21st century tactical military weaponry and gear in Fallout makes you a bethesda fanboy

k

On a similar note, anyone find that the Gauss Rifle sometimes does no damage too? Same bug it had in 3/NV

ᶰᵒ________

No.

You not liking a weapon means nothing
You considering the game non-canon because it triggers you for existing is your fanboy acting up

I guess I did mod patrols and shit into NV, forgot about that.

The issue isn't necessarily the patrols though, it's that they have no true impact on the game. The Minutemen will never go and help gain the trust of a new settlement, you have to.

The more I think about it, the main part of this issue revolves around the Minutemen and how they're presented. The BoS has patrols around that you can see and it's implied that they have people out there doing what you can do for them in the radiant quests.

The Railroad is assumed to be trafficking synths whenever the chance arises, you just happened to help with the one, and still doing their weird secret society mumbo jumbo.

The Institute is assumed to still be doing what they do.

But the Minutemen don't even have patrols around. Their power never grows and the only person you see as a 'true' Minuteman is Preston and the Armory chick at the Castle. All the settlers and shit merely 'support' the Minutemen, whatever that means. They don't have a standing force, you're constantly called to defend outposts and if they successfully defend themselves it's cause of the turrets you literally built by hand and scavenged all the parts for, or damn near. They don't go help settlements to gain their trust. They just do nothing but tell you (their leader) what to do.

best i got

except the retarded comment about fallout 2 not being canon had nothing to do with the original and you're making sweeping assumptions that just because I don't like modern guns I share that fuckwits opinion

>jumping in an argument at the end and making assumptions without following the reply chain

New Workshop DLC:
>Allows the player to construct Ranger Tower.
>The Ranger Tower is a tall structure, with a usable ladder.
>If a Ranger Tower exists, the player may build Ranger Beds, which are more expensive than regular beds and have a non-functioning footlocker attached.
>Settlers assigned to beds or the tower become Rangers. Each bed allows one.
>If in range of a Ranger Tower (much like artillery) the player may active a radio transmitter.
>If a Ranger is available, the player can request various tasks to be carried out.
>A Ranger can be sold to scavenge. This will cause the Ranger to be unavailable for some time, and when they return various junk items will be placed in the work station. Sometimes weapons and ammo are found as well.
>Rangers can be told to deliver a suit of Power Armor if it is in a settlement with a Ranger Tower (even if it is not the Tower in range). The Ranger (wearing the armor) will spawn near the player after a small time window, approach, and exit the Power Armor. (note: Rangers are essential, as to not die and lose the Power Armor)
>Rangers can be told to return a Power Armor suit to a certain Settlement (provided it has a Ranger Tower).
>Rangers can be told to provide backup. They will, after a time, spawn near the player and approach. They count as a additional companion (like hacked robots). They will only stick around for a limited time before needing to rest, and each time they are downed the time will be reduced. When the time is up, if not in combat, they will approach the player, and offer to deliver some items to their settlements work bench. The Rangers have a more limited inventory than companions. They can be dismissed early or even immediately and will still return items, however they are unavailable for a time while traveling to the player and back to the settlement.

>People cry about modern guns
>Holographic and EoTech sights ingame
>People will defend this but shit on Obsidian

I'm trying to imagine a deathclaw-centaur hybrid and i'm getting the image of a trying to roar giant fleshy blob thing with clawed arms slowly dragging itself towards things
Jesus christ how horrifying

teleports arent usable ladders reee

>Not understanding that the contension is with the modern designs (i.e form factor) from a future that didn't take place, not the technology for such weapons or accessories

sit down

>nobody cried about modern guns except one troll post meant to start an argument
>holo sights can easily be explained away as side products of laser and plasma technology and don't immediately correlate to tacticool
>assuming people who don't like modern weapon mods don't like Obsidian or New Vegas

also this

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14077/?

>And it's even in the hotfiles

I don't know how to feel about a game with such a braindead community that can't solve a child's puzzle.

Haven't seen her in any vids lately.

Did she quit?

>It fits for me but not for thee

Okay

please, with a little tweaking the P90, AUG and Famas could look plenty '50's retro future', which is exactly what Bethseda's art direction is - the FN FAL can go in as is. Yet we can't even get a 1911, which ironically is on a cover of guns and bullets.

Someone on the art team has a hard on for 50's retrofuture and tripped too much damn acid in college and thought these abominations they call weapons were okay, even going so far as to retcon the chinese assault rifle, based on the AK, which is literally the most common military rifle on the planet, ever since the 50's.

Pipe pistols make for a good hobo phase gun, but there should have been more, every fucking raider in the commonwealth shouldn't be luggin around a gun made from a lead pipe, driftwood and barbed wire; held together by wonderglue and a prayer. Pipe weapons and all there 'mods' (half of which were completely useless and overlooked) were a mistake.

The last one is tedious as fuck.
If you need to replay Far Harbor a bunch because you want to get the different endings, then I can see that mod being a godsend.

Assaultron legs or mr handy legs for a melee bot?

Do nOT interFERE with seCURITY operatIONS mothER fuckER!

Nobody even mentioned any of that. Actually follow reply chains instead of assuming an argument is about something it isn't and sperging out for no reason.

Not him, but the last puzzle took less then 5 mintues to do, I don't know how thats tedious.

Smelly Assaultron Ass

Wheres this info?
Any idea when we are getting it?

I dunno about anyone else, but I did the puzzles once, and it was tedious as fuck. Like fuck am I ever doing them again, if I decide to do another playthrough.

Trite and boring. Rather not give it the time of day.

>When I realised what I had to do to get the memories, I got so annoyed I closed the game
and took a break to let myself calm down lest I break my computer in rage.

That is not a mental image i wanted

I actually just made that up

>Actually retarded

Okay

The puzzles were pretty fucking bad and once again its awful for replayability

The only tedious part was going to places to collect code blocks. The rest was simpler than Portal.

I'm not assuming any argument, I'm making a statement, try reading before firing off like a machine gun. Take some mentats or something, sheesh.

>Nobody can answer

Lmfao gg bethesdo/obsidiot, can't even into credible and believable lore.

a good deal of these look like shit

like the LSW
and XL70
and the YK pulse weapons
and P90

NV kinda added the p90 in with the 12.7mm smg

except your statement wasn't related to anything in the post you replied to OR the one it was replying to OR the one even before that

>the idea of 2 murders to attain peace on Far Harbor is unfathomable to Valentine
>meanwhile he's BFFs with a dude that murders people in scores for a chance at a fancy gun

Simple, sure, but time consuming (waiting for the damn bugs to pathfind was a nightmare), and, like you said, SIMPLE. No challenge + time spent standing around doing NOTHING is what makes it tedious.

youtube.com/watch?v=sAJTe__5B24

>not stuckbetweenarockandasentry.webm

Not including the Chinese Assault Rifle doesn't mean they "retconned" it. They were making it but didn't get it finished and so it was cut. There's a model for it in the files and everything, which has been reworked and added as a mod.

What the hell are zap sliders?

of course they look like shit in the FO3 engine, everything looks like shit in FO3, but with some tweaking they could fit in with the 50's retrofuture artstyle plenty fine. In my opinion, every gun in that image would need some tweaking, but I'd like to see Bethseda actually work the weapons into the lore, like they did for the X-01, instead of hamfisting the pipe weapons and the abominations like the assault rifle.

and todd said at E3 2015 that fallout 4 was 'already done', boy did he lie on that.

I hate to say it, but you are one very anal person.

>"Vault Tec? Remind me again"
>Huge structure with sign a stone throw from his backyard

>and todd said at E3 2015 that fallout 4 was 'already done', boy did he lie on that.
>I hate to say it, but you are one very anal person.

what does any of this even mean in relation to what I said

Originally, the Assault Rifle in the game now was going to be called the Machine Gun, and the Chinese Assault Rifle was just going to be the Assault Rifle. But bethesda got lazy

I just lost...I don't know how much time. Fucking hell.

And modern weapons can easily be explained as schematics found when scavenging through old pre-war ruins considering that's what the Gunners, Elijah and loads of other people did and do. Elijah even creating his own weapons using their designs.

Those modern designs did take place as evidenced by older Fallout titles. Bethesda throwing the 50's retrofuture to the forefront instead of having it as background lore doesn't mean these things magically no longer exist.

nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/816/?

>Install modern weapons mod for the M60
>Adds 40 quadrillion new guns to the leveled lists
>I just want the M60
>Adds in some weird computer device that lets you "mod" the guns
>Completely un-intuitive and doesn't tell you what mod is for what gun
>Try to tab out
>Stuck in the screen

10/10 mod

I think I'll just gut it for the M60 files itself

I never got why people shit on the Pipe Weapons being too primitive and plenty but nobody every really complained about the literal Tribal aspects of the old games (and New Vegas) as if that made any sense in the setting.

By tribal stuff I mean the aesthetics of course, the communities mostly made sense, but literally living and dressing like native americans definitely didn't.

Lets debunk two criticism about fallout 4

1. Fallout 4 feels empty
Here's a list of towns,villages and farms in fallout 4(including dlc) that are inhabited
>Diamond city(large town)
>Goodneighbor(large town)
>bunker hill(town)
>institute(town)
>vault 81(town)
>covenant(town)
>far harbor(medium sized town)
>acadia(town)
>Nucleus(temple/cult town)
>the slog(farm/village), it has more npcs than falkreath in skyrim
>abernathy farm(village)
>nordhagen(farm)
>tenpines bluff(farm)
>warwick homestead(farm)
>greygarden(farm)
>oberland station(farm)
Compared to New Vegas
>New Vegas(freeside,westside,strip)(city)
>novac(town)
>camp mcarren(trading town)
>goodsprings(town)
>primm(town/village)
>honest hearts tribes(tribe villages)
>jacobstown(village)
>red rock crayon(town)
>nellis air force base(town)

Fallout 4 has more farms/towns, but new vegas has a city and they both have their share of generic npcs in their towns

2. Fallout 4 is not a rpg
Which is totally bullshit because you roleplay as the SS. You can be evil, good, selfish, heartless mercenary and etc, but NV still has more rp options than fallout 4. Fallout 4 has perk levels instead of skills. Fallout 4 has plenty of choices in the main quests and the side quests. In main quest you pick between 4 faction whoever you side with has an impact on the commonwealth i.e by patroling it and seeing their banners in Diamind city.

Did anybody ever make a "build anywhere" mod that DOESNT require cheat engine or some virus third party shit?

if they pull a Gun Runners Arsenal for Fo4 and make up some quick story on how some new Gunner teams are setting up shop in the commonwealth id be cool with that I just want more weapons

>Clearing West Roxbury Station
>Can't squeeze through the "secret" passage in power armor
>Over encumbered as shit
>moving slowly, don't realize I'm not in stealth
>open door to two hounds and a super mutant something or other
>kill one dog easily, wound the other, gauss reload animation taking forever
>Switch to shotgun, kill hound
>gone from 3/4 to 1/2 health
>mutant one-shots the rest of me

Ugh, it's not that I'd done a bunch of super cool stuff and gotten great legendaries...but dammit.

I may just let the playthrough rest there, I certainly don't give a shit about playing the story at level 75.

>skip the fade
jesus christ why? Is it because its too hard for the community or what?

>and todd said at E3 2015 that fallout 4 was 'already done', boy did he lie on that.
>not having the things I want means the game wasn't done!

oh no not again

Fade is boring and tedious. Fuck off.

The weapon modding part of that mod is the worst fucking thing I've ever seen
Still using it because the vanilla weapon selection is trash but jesus christ why not just make it use vanilla materials