/mcg/ - Minecraft General

Furnace Edition
Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, mods, modding drama, projects, seeds, building ideas, modding drama...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/490
imgur.com/a/qruBt
reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/4lhnyr/im_worried_about_current_trends_in_the_minecraft/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is your dad Bill "What are you hiding, goy?" Gates? Why would he care what fucking OS you're using?

Dunno. Why would an aging computer scientist care about the laptops he orders?

Honestly, if you need to have windows 10 for whatever reason, just VM something usable for the rest of the time

How many layers of irony does a person need to be on to play Telltale's cashgrab out of morbid curiosity as a grown-ass man?

S U C C
U
C
C

why wouldn't you pirate it if you're curious about it

so guys, i decided it was time for me to start adding some mods to my game, problem is, i installed forge, but when i launch the game i get this crash launch page.

forge version is 1.7.10-forge10.13.4.1558-1.7.10

don't give them the satisfaction.
rip a youtuber's video in low quality.

I thought that was a given considering it's a fucking telltale game.

>minecraft
>youtube content
no thanks no matter how shit a game is i'd take anything over having an autist try to tell me his life story over the game

Bro Pill-tier

Tell him about the benefits of free software user

Nice crash log, I really like what you've done with the error messages and the load order

Post your shader pics for inspiration pls

I wonder how long until the first "official" 1.9.4 or 1.10 modpacks show up.

I just built this. What should I put in it?

>try to uninstall win10
>i'm afraid I can't let you do that user

Nothing because there's no game mechanics that require buildings

gregtech machines requre a roof as they explode in rain(altough you can build them underwater)

GT6.02.06 adds weakness to water blocks aswell, alltho it's currently off by default

you can paint machines in GT5, to remove paint you rightclick it with a water bucket(which doesn't place a source blocks in the world). blowing up half your machines because you misclicked is pretty terrible so they aren't affected by waterblocks

i want to fug this bug

they aren't affected by waterblocks in GT5 because greg never bothered to code that in

unless I'm misremembering the ability to paint machines came later than their water/thunder weakness

Why not a sponge? Fucking smegtech.

Would you fug this bug?

if it can be fugged, it shall be.

>talked a modder into releasing for 1.7.10 instead of 1.8+

Feels good.

what mod user

to quote him
>Water Blocks => Okay, you actually wanted >that water to be there. Rain => Bad, lets >Machines explode because you were stupid >enough to place them outside.
i. e. it's not too much to ask to put a roof above machines, but nearby water blocks would be a hindrance
i kinda agree, consider a pump for example

>"Easy way to kill taint! No Thaumcraft required!"
>open thread
>just plant this really fucking rare Twilight Forest tree that turns a small radius around it into a seizure biome :^)
fucking ftb subreddit not even once

>Post your shader pics for inspiration pls
Whatever vintagebeef is using, only good one

>Disco trees purify taint
Huh, good to know. Another question/option to ask is if Pure/sinister nodes will be able to kill taint, or would the taint get to the nodes first.

>mimicing a shit youtuber

>ftb subreddit
but there's so much gold, like the moron who wanted reika to remove the number 666 from his mods

GregTech serb when?

when it stops being complete and utter shit

the day that greg stops being autistic

a bit late, but here's my new skyfactory 2.5 base

and here's the image

ARBEIT MACHT FREI

Well, I might, but that's not what I've got it in for. It's got some nice decorative blocks that I enjoy.

I see.

GT pumps use mining pipes and can be at safe levels away from water
but the old system was strange in other ways. electric machines spontaneously start burning under rain, but never actually explode unless they have >= 1 EU in them

but the new system in GT6 should be pretty forgiving. they won't explode immediately; instead you'll get a bit of warning time with fake explosions in case you spill water all over your hot or electric stuff

I think it's a good change. it was one of those strange inconsitencies that didn't make sense

now.. I know there is a dual wield mod out there on the internet somewhere.. but can I dual wield tinkers construct weapons?

And is there a tinkers construct shield?

yeah but you need some kind of chunkloader

For 1.7.10:
>dual wield
Mine & Blade 2: Battlegear
>TiCon shield
Tinkers' Defense

I've never really been one to use chunk loaders, but I like having the option.

It's not like I'd be fucking shit up for other people since I'm playing single.

after 3 years of not owning minecraft, i just bought it
these meme servers are actually pretty fun.

>Tinkers' Defense
.. Are these shields any good?

is this the best thing ever?

>Haven't touched MC for about a month and a half
>Watch "There Will Be Blood" today, movie about an early 20th century oil baron
>Get that urge to mine and pump again

LET'S GET BACK TO IT, MOTHERFUCKERS.

I am playing around with making a modpack that will go for a fantasy feel to it.
Bloodmoon. Yay or nay?

They're good enough, at least in my opinion. M&B's regular shields are pretty weak compared to dual wielding TiCon weapons, TD's shields fixes that.
The shields aren't completely broken like TiCon's crossbows, but they're still a reliable choice if you want to go sword and board. I personally enjoy switching between sword and shield and 2x sword from time to time.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, make sure you get the Tinkers' Defense 1.3, previous versions aren't even worth bothering with.

I can only find V1.2.1 of Tinker's defense.

But my main idea was to play as a paladin-ish character. So I would be using the big hammer and combine it with a shield and then just mow down zombies and skeletons left and right.

>no longer need to build 50 gasburning generators to keep up with a single ethylene production chain
Mek9 a best

never mind. I have found it

wait what?
i haven't gotten that deep into mek9 yet, they optimize energy or something?

>no trains for 1.7
>too lazy to put together a 1.6 pack for dem trainz + can't find half the shit i want for 1.6

fuck

they'll adjust the burn rate depending on the output of the wire they're attached to.

>People still bitch about this
>No one has every been able to tell me whats wrong with 1.6.4

I'm getting fucking annoyed with you people.

I just wish there was some populace to sell shit to

see
>can't find half the shit i want for 1.6

it seems like half the interesting mods are fucking buried or just plain gone for 1.6

all that remains is the stale bullshit that requires no skill or autism to use and produces no fun

>Metallurgy
>bloats worldgen with about a couple dozen ores, from Copper to Zinc to Orichalcum, Prometheum, Vyroxeres, Ohceedonutsteelix and Rollfaceacrosskeyboardine
>introduces so many fucking alloys you can't mix two of anything in a smeltery without the risk of making Angmallen or Liquidshitinite
>all the fantasy and OC ores are literally useless outside of making the mod's own fancy-looking tools and armor, and they all become absolutely useless the second you have a whole set you're comfortable with
>and if you happen to have TiCon you'll just get generic-looking TiCon tools/weapons and the unique sprites also go out the window, not to mention you'll be killing zombies and skeletons with the medieval hand-held equivalent of a nuclear warhead
Why do people install this again? In theory it already sounds poor, being a "moar ores" mod turned up to 11, but good fucking god the execution manages to be even worse.

The least they could've done is introduced alchemy too, to convert all these useless OC ores to useful ores.

just throw them into an abstractor?

would go good with an alternate dimension designed around it, LoTRs mod style.

And making the items not so samey.

It's the kind of thing that works best as a pacing element in a mod pack that puts the array of new resources to use in changed up recipes.

Otherwise, yeah, it doesn't really work to do much.

>Stale and boring

I guess I'm the weirdo then. I don't give a fuck. All I need are muh trains and muh industry to have fun with it.

Blightfall included the mod and TRIED to make it useful. It did this by letting you trade the shitty ores for other items so it was pretty much a huge waste.

Also if you have TE in the same pack along with TiCon, Shiny is literally better than every metal and alloy in Metallurgy, apart from a couple of super rare ones that are on par. Shit is useless.

I really want trains for 1.7.10

They'd be so nice as an alternative to my overhead piping

This post exists because there are few things in this world as irritating as like searching for something and finding a "nvm fixed it".

imgur.com/a/qruBt

>Also if you have TE in the same pack along with TiCon, Shiny is literally better than every metal and alloy in Metallurgy, apart from a couple of super rare ones that are on par. Shit is useless.
that's the maintainer of ExtraTiC's fault though, (which also maintains metallurgy)
ExtraTiCs balance is just horrible

Nice to see the sub catching on to the hand rubbing going on:
reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/4lhnyr/im_worried_about_current_trends_in_the_minecraft/

Shiny is supported by base TiCon actually, so it wasn't even affected by the recent nerf to the other TE metals in ExtraTic.

>They'd be so nice as an alternative to my overhead piping

Long-distance, yes. Short distance, not really. If you're working inside of 15 chunks, just use the pipes. There's too much track needed to fuck around with trains at such a short distance.

Now long-range hauling like we had with Trainserb's first oil operation is where trains really shine over pipes. At that point the trains are definitely easier to use and cheaper.

'Course you have to know what you're doing, somewhat. The first trains you're able to build won't be powerful enough to move more than 2 cars full of liquid at decent speeds, leaving you open to mob attacks if you ride in it.

Anyone wanna play a pack together and chill? Got nothin' to play tonight

Someone who plays with Metallurgy probably doesn't care about minmaxing through, otherwise they'd just stick with crossbows, which don't need any more mods to be overpowered.

And Shiny is also included in Metallurgy anyway, since it's just Platinum with another name because the TE devs are too anal about the metals' names, just like Ferrous is Nickel and Tinker's Alloy is Bronze.

Can next Serb be 18+ only?
I'm tired of kids

Yeah, that would be great
Do you want ID or summat?

next serb should have shincolle so we can have bote fites and trade botes we've trained for resources.

Whats your steam?

>Try out wurm because people are starting to join it
>It has shincolle
I never used it because no other packs had it, and I don't like being alone in SP. Guess I can let out my inner weeb with botes now.
Thanks, grumpycraft

I just add
>NoBats-0.9-MCF-1.7.10.jar
so I never have to worry about those fuckers again.

DRAMMAAA

>Ticon
MAWPC

Ancient Egypt-ish build in Broville.

I want to know where you can bulk order pic related in industrial strength form.
We could use it to fix curse.

>TFW want to play this map just so I can fuck it up with trains

We have a vanilla train system, but I don't think that would do it for you.

TrainCraft at the minimum for me, but I bet it would look bitchin with Rails of War added.

Trains are tight, though.

>Crane in the background

OH SHIT. I wanna see.

This is more or less straight ahead from the direction facing in the previous screenshot. The IDK building in the background has the logo on both sides. Fun fact, the IDK on the train side is broken and chipped because it's facing the "ghetto" in town, while the downtown facing sign is not.

>Fucking industrial seaport
>Rail access

I want

>All these mods I don't know about
Nobody plays vanilla anymore? :(
I'm just a normal guy who played vanilla survival for a while and now watches Hermitcraft on youtube because my pc sucks

Everything I do is vanilla.

It also runs out through the city to the farms, then further still to logging/mining operations.

>It also runs out through the city to the farms, then further still to logging/mining operations.

Wait. Is Broville available for download or is it only on a specific server?

It's just us building it on a server still. Coming up on four years in August.

This is our legend to keep track of which buildings in the city still need work.

>MFW

Guess I'll have to settle for messing with Greenfield for now.