/btbg/ Battleborn General

Old Thread Picnic edition

>What is this?
A new FPS-MOBA from Gearbox. It's Borderlands without the memes, and has MNC-style PvP game modes.

>Should I buy it?
It's fun. You can grab it for $30 on keysites. It's also on sale on Amazon for $40 bucks.

>Official Website
battleborn.com/

>Character and Helix Info
mentalmars.com/battleborn/characters/

>Unlockable Audio Lore
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-XsFNO4RD1x6-WK_Uf6gW5Rs-51Pr-Ho

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgbattleborn

>Discord
discord.gg/0xVj0DIkVdQQkr1I

>Toaster Build
pastebin.com/Tcq57Vyr

Skill Overview for Alani.
youtube.com/watch?v=mYZYs2Nm3q4

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bAaakn45
i.imgur.com/JBg3xfi.gifv
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why make a thread for a dead game?

All she really needs is a damage drop. She'll be fine then.

Because you touch yourself at night ;)

But I touch myself constantly

My atoms are always in contact

t. ISIC

I think her self-healing should be reduced further, as well as changing it so the damage reduction at full stacks doesn't give her resistance.

>start playing about four hours ago
>getting in to games in two mins
>log off to get some food
>log back in
>Takes ages all of a sudden to find a game
>switch mode from capture to meltdown
>once again getting fast matches

Why does no one want to play capture? It's a fun mode since you don't have to rely on to other people so much

I don't think she is that OP I think people are just shitters.

I mean when I play her I can easily get my shit pushed in by a decent ISIC or really anyone that doesn't just run straight into my face or run in a straight line away from me.

Playerbase has shrunk to the point where only one mode is viable. GB needs to merge queues for the different modes and enable cross-platform play if PC is to have a chance of surviving.

>old toaster build in the op

retard

pastebin.com/bAaakn45

Because capture is trash. It's more snowbally than any other game mode.

Reminder that Q & A testing is too hard. Enjoy our shit.

I know that is bullshit. I play plenty of games with way way smaller player bases on PC and I can get a game far faster.

I think they have just got problems with the bloody matchmaking they are using. It just seems to be random how quickly it will take. It's a shame since I have been having much better matches overall.

It seems like the problem of people just voting to surrender with in two seconds seems to be mostly gone.

>Working on Lore challenges starting with Ambra
>She starts off as complete shit tier, very few viable offensive options, and her healing isn't good enough to make up for it
>Get mutations
>Suddenly she's a scary as fuck close range combatant who can deal bighuge damage and push back at the same time, with mild healing capabilities.
>Get legendary item
>Her bighuge damage scythe is now viable is well
>mfw repulsion into scythe or repulsion on someone trying to escape the extinction event, stunning then scything them

Holy moly, them mutations must use alchemy, because they turned shit into gold.

>Alani too strong
Can someone link me a video where you can see that Alani is OP?

I have never encountered any Alani who was "OP". The only reason if you can't kill her is that she hides behind her teammates.
But the same goes to
-Marquis
-Thorn
and any other long range fighter.

But really hard to fight characters (against good players) are
Deande
Rath
Phoebe

If you communicate with your team, use your stuns and just go melee, you can just push through the enemies
One time there was a Montana in my group, who was literally a one man killing machine.

Does someone know the best equipment and skills for Montana to be such a beast?

well the thing I hate about Alani is her Lore Challenges.

They are a fucking nightmare, the only one you will do pretty easily is being on the same team as galilea. Mostly since she is the second favourite char of absolute shitters right after Rath

Symbiotic gauntlet gives about 17 percent damage increase at full health, combine that with something that boosts shields and regen rate and you have a monster for some characters.

Also the gauntlet gives about 3.5 percent increased movement speed.

geyser+basic attacks somehow melts through a montana being healed by a miko and a little healing from a friendly alani nothing else in the game is a free kill for such little effort

>Kill Ambra 25 times

Yes, that is the reason I accepted, that I will never ever complete the lore of Alani.

But why do they add a PvP only lore? You can only choose one hero/team and that means if you aren't fast enough to choose Alani, you lore will never be completed.

there is a mutation for geyser that lets it do more damage and add some other shit. if you hit it right it can be nuts but it can be hard to judge if the montana is moving around

If your team mates don't attack Alani, Montana doesn't rush to her, or looks after cover then it's more the fault of the team.

Have seen the same situation and Marquis just killed Alani (but he was really good and knew how to snipe).

Ambra might be a bit easier but it will take a long time. its the one for doing 800 plus healing which is a nightmare since you can end up on a team where no char even has enough health to let you do 800 in healing.

Complete this challenge easily.

Just have a Montana in your group and you are good to go

Alani's problem is how she's basically Reyna but
>with no cooldown for the overshield
>can heal like 800+ in one fucking go
>can secure kills and completely shut down approaches
>is not reliant on allies for survivability

the healing one is easy as fuck I literally completed it in my second game as her.

Alani with attack speed and HP regen items, the helix that makes every hit give her a .5 second CDR on all her skills and halfway decent aim on her bubble is basically an unstoppable force of death and destruction. Her bubble is really the worst part of her. She's completely overpowered but the bubble just dominates anything and everything.

>basically Reyna

Yeah no. For one thing she has no shield other than what others can give her. She also doesn;t do anywhere near enough damage to kill most enemies unless she has backup.

People just don't seem to think about getting out of her line of sight. They just run in a straight line or try to weave back and forth out of cover which makes it easier for her to throw them up in the air and water bend them to fuck.

>what few battleborn players remain will fervently defend the fact that new characters are available to season pass holders for a week before being unlockable for anyone else

So is this a Korean F2P game or somthing?

>CC effects
What does that stand for?

stun and slow

>with no cool down for the overshield
Alani has no Overshield

>can heal like 800+ in one fucking go
You have all 3 bubbles recharged (you need to hit enemy to recharge bubbles). It takes time and if you only have 2 bubbles, you heal like 244

>can secure kills and completely shut down approaches
Every character with CC can

>is not reliant on allies for survivability
She has to constantly hit targets to get a good heal. The wave heal is garbage.

Have you ever played with Alani against a good Deande who didn't run into your cc? Deande can kill Alani in seconds

I would be very happy to see this OPness in a video of a match, were both teams are good players and you just see that Alani is the reason that the team wins.

Crowd Control
stuns, binds, all that sort of stuff

>>Deande can kill alani in seconds
Maybe if the Alani AFK'd the entire game and came back at the 25 minute mark? Alani has a shit ton of health.
Also, the wave heal gets substantially stronger as she levels, since helixes add a DOT damage to it and make it last 3 seconds longer.
Also, also, her CC is vastly stronger than anybody else's since it can potentially CC the entire team in one shot. Nobody else can do that.
Late game again she charges osmosis in half the time with one of her helixes, making her heals much more spammy

>play with a Gearbox dev

Neat.

Alani is hard as fuck to kill. Pretty annoying.

>good Deande

Something that doesn't exist.

>implying I was talking about a literal shield
Her healing's application (both how it is literally applied to the target, and how it affects an engagement) is the exact same as Reyna's.
It's a burst heal that is primarily used to give allies who get caught out of position an extra chance at life.

Alani does this in the form of literal HP. Which means it is useful both in and outside of engagements. The numbers are also just flat-out higher.
Reyna's is in the form of an overshield, only useful just-before, or during engagements.

>It takes time and if you only have 2 bubbles[...]
Except she can build stacks on turrets and minions.
Taking another glance at this gameplay video, she can get a bubble for a full ranged string.
That's like 5 seconds for three full stacks.

>ISIC makes a Shitting Dicknipples reference

Is that still a thing or is someone who worked on this game a true oldfag?

>The other Alani 8 deaths, 0 kills, 1 Assist
>OP

>Medieval 2, a decade old game still has more players online than BattleCuck

When does he make that reference?

One of the lines when you get to the bridge in "The Algorithm" has ISIC say "How the [long line of expletives] are ya Kleese?"

Turn on the subtitles and it shows that he actually says " How the Shitting Dick Nipples are ya, Kleese?"

I now love ISIC even more.

its the difference between a properly itemized/helixed Alani and a short bus superstar who takes the 20% attack speed helix.

Here's another one for ya.

>2 feeders in the enemy team
You need to play against good pre made group and see what will happen, if they don't run into your cc.

I have once played against a pre made group which just pushed and won the game in some minutes.

>Oh! Are we fighting with words now?

>You will die, alone, in the cold dark reaches of space.
>All of the people closest to you have lied to you.
>You have already forgotten most of your happiest memories.
>Montana's theme song sucks.

>Santa claus doesn't exist.
>The thing that you call 'love' is actually just a chemical reaction.

I love how Ghalt does the same half-crying line for forgotten memories, the Varelsi revelation, and for Santa Claus.

>Santa isn't real
>At some point in your life, those closest to you have lied to your face.
>What do you think the star devouring monstrosities are running from? What has the big bad Varelsi so spooked that they're pulling the very stars out of the sky? Really think about that, champ.

Easily the best level in the entire game.

Worst bosses.
>hey bro how would you like the chance for a billion fucking enemies to spawn during my third phase?
>hey bro I'm the single most annoying type of enemy in the game, and spawn other super annoying golems all the time. Sometimes they spawn somewhere you can't reach so you can't progress :^)
>hey bro I see your team is mostly melee. You're in for a bad time. And did you know if you go up high enough in the room you die? Why don't I show you 2-3 times?

Every time the Algorithm wins I consider quitting. I have yet to encounter a team that can make it past the bridge section without at least two people dying.

Assuming you're talking Advanced.

I've made it no deaths a few times. A decent Ambra makes everything go much smoother believe it or not. Especially that fucking spiderbot.
Repulsion with proper helixes absolutely fucking destroys the boom bots and blade/gun bots so your team can focus on the important target. Same applies to ISIC Magnus as well.

horde mode when?

>hoard of Evolved Thralls
>hoard of Boombots
>hoard of Ronin bots

>Horde of Thrall Brutes

I think Rendain fight already got that one covered.

>it's a team won't attack the enemy miko episode

Algorithm has the least amount of bullshit compared to every other mission.

The Experiment doesn't have much bullshit.

Lol playing Deande.

so uh, about them Queue times.

do they ever end, exactly?

Capture is 100% dead. Incursion is long but it happens. Meltdown has reasonable queue times for some reason???

>you will never mating press Reyna / or at least hit it from behind

Shame
disappointment
anger

That would be even more boring than the campaign.

Anyone else besides me looking forwards to the new campaign missions?

I actually enjoy them. Not in a story sense, but in a vs ai kinda old-school scoring system kind of way.

Do you get more points if you kill via headshot?

I only play Campaign now, until they work out all the matchmaking and balance issues. Scoring seems mainly affected by how many enemies you kill, and how many blue score orbs and yellow bonus score orbs you pick up. I've not noticed headshots giving you extra points. What campaign feels like to me most is running braindead MMORPG dungeons for loot and exp. I'm okay with that.

Alani is OP as fuck as Gearbox already confirmed she's on the chopping block. Enjoy her while she lasts.

just get a refund bro

They would really have to mix it up to make it pass the test of time, like add in randomized bonus objectives or shifting fronts that require good management of shards. Otherwise i'd be down for it.

>2 hour queue's a week after launch

jesus christ.

Toby is so bad.

Anyone wanna gift me Battleborn? I ran out of money and just wanna play with ISIC.

Get good

Sounds like you're shit with him, my man!

hmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

damn om is still packin

Orendi tips?

finding a match more than anything

Learn to chain shadowfire pillar 6 times you scrub

Be one of the most annoying little shits to catch.

And then there's these assholes.

i.imgur.com/JBg3xfi.gifv

So I'm working on Whiskey Foxtrot's lore stuff and need a good spot to rack up about 350 kills with his quick melee, any suggestions? I was thinking Void's Edge at the last gate and just letting the varelsi spawn forever.

That is fucking beautiful.

>2 hour queue's a week after launch
>2 hour queues at midnight the first day of memorial day weekend in the us.
wew

I use The Renegade for challenges like that. there are a few Warp Anchors that will keep spawning low health thralls for a very long time, two of them are on the big bridge that leads to the building where Caldarius is. You should be able to get a few hundred easy in one run.

Excellent, thanks for the tip.

I think Gearbox needs to do a second pass on some of the lore challenges. At the very least making the parts that require killing specific enemy battleborn gain credit from assists. I played against a lot of teams with an Oscar Mike and still only have one out of 25 kills even though I got assists on him a whole bunch of times. I imagine its even rougher for support characters as well.

Dead game.

1-4 buy Battleborn 5-9 buy Overwatch
0 keep playing Dota

You fucked up. Different games, only similarity is you select heroes then shoot things

The Halberd mutation giver her an awesome ranged game.

Dead general. I'm just happy that they've been comfy.

What i want to see is more audio logs/cinematics for characters ala OW. They're all pretty fun and its a shame there isnt more done with em

Should I buy this game? Are the queue times really that bad? How dead is this game?

dead, just play Overwatch

People bitching about queues at 3am on an american holiday weekend

>it's a "two team members quit after half-assedly attempting to hold off a push and one member afk's because the enemy is a 4+1 of level 100's"

God, fuck quitter shitters who don't even try to win.
You are literally the worst part about every multiplayer game.

This works with Thorn too :)

Not bad as of late, maybe the discounts did actually help the game a little.

People that have been playing the game since launch are preety damn good though.

In that intro style too, that's be neat

same