/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

Eppu edition

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It's a sandbox MMORPG that features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, trading, player housing, and more.
Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/gXs1p6YX

>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes
blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

First for shitposting

Post b-butts!

dead game

Again, I dont main Warrior so dont take what I say as absolute truth.

Ground Roar shouldnt be maxed because the Debuff stays the same(-10 DP for 10sec), leveling only increases damage, AoE and WP consumption. keeping it at lvl II or III is ok but you would only use it for aggroing mobs and in pvp for drawing attention.

Ground Smash on the other hand is very useful and its Ultimate is amazing but you should pick other skills first like:
Scars of Dusk(Block while AoE-ing with 10sec cooldown)
Piercing Spear(your only ranged skill, great opener because causes stagger, giving an oportunnity to Charging Thrust towards the enemy)
and Grab(for CC and putting the enemy in a vulnerable position)

in PvP you will be in constant guard and when the enemy allows you Charging Thrust towards for the Grab and procced with your usual combo.

B-BUTTS!

6th for OOTH

7th for forced memes

best leveling spot 54-55 beside saussan ?

last thread died.
rip thread.

It made it to the bump limit though.

A thread to be remembered.

?

the little thread that could

So does anyone else have the issue where you can't gain knowledge on the 4 node managers northeast of illya island?

If so, did you visit those islands before the mediah patch or were you patient?

I've got this theory that if you visited before the mediah patch, you burned your interaction trigger before the knowledge was in the game to be activated, so it can't activate unless you find another trigger. the islands have backup triggers by paying energy to the node managers, but the managers don't have a backup trigger anywhere. Id' be very sad if I coudn't see my whole knowledge list blue and [completed] :(

also I want this costume to be wearable by players. would definitely drop 30 bucks for this.

Man I dunno but would be interesting to know, I've seen the thread about it.

I did unlock the islands post-mediah with no troubles. Did you try resetting the knowledge at the calpheon library?

I didn't know you could reset location knowledge. I thought it was only combat/gradable knowledge but i'll check

So I'm wondering if anyone can maybe point me in the right direction as to where I maybe skipped a step in this whole boss scroll process.

I'm level 55 and I can only get the imp captain scroll. I've scroll down the list and checked on this multiple times, multiple days, and Bheg is just simply not there.

I have no idea where I maybe skipped a quest or something but I've done the Spirit quests as I got them while leveling and only a handful of normal quests.

I am at a complete loss because I cannot seem to get Bhegs scroll. I am able to accept the kill 100 Giants one but that seems to give 1 hunters seal, not the Alter Imp scroll to kill 20 Giants.

Any clue on this would be greatly appreciated.

yeah calpheon library only lets you reset Ecology, IE: only graded knowledge earned from killing things.

I have the island knowledge but I think i'm gonna have to contact support for the node manager knowledge.

YURI CONFIRMED

Cutest in bdo

Any ideas why BS won't give me a daily quest to visit Bianstimi for the hourly Seal of Promise quests? He still tell me to visit Bacho and Becker for Token of Promise quests, but he just suddenly started ignoring Biantsimi.

I hear you stop getting them at level 54?

>play BDO
>grind to 55 before Mediah patch
>no sieges
>decide to quit until sieges come out since I can't be bothered with a PvE game
>forget about BDO
>randomly think about the game existing while playing Overwatch
>check it out because sieges must be out by now
>still no sieges

What the fuck happened to this game?

I think you're asking "what didn't happen" and sieges is the thing that didn't happen.

Right. Black Desert being a PvP game is the greatest meme of 2016.

The only place I've heard that being said is denying it being a PvP game here on Veeky Forums desu.

That would explain it. Rip free daily 50 cp exp.

These are dragons right?

Can you fight them?
I get a dragon icon on the minimap and the black spirit tells me they're too st rong to fight whenever they fly over me.

How the fuck can this game have both a minimum of $30 buy in AND a cash shop. What a piece of shit.
Honestly why should I play this game?

You shouldn't, fuck off. Paywall is there for sandniggers and brus and other scum.

I understand the paywall but it's ridiculous that it's so high. It should have less gold spammers than Tree of Savior.

I ended up buying in anyway because I figured you assholes wouldn't give me a good answer and you're all sad you paid for this piece of shit.

there are almost no brs, filipinos, and few sea faggots

Pretty sure i've got my moneys worth. with conq package

Is there a list that tells you which color is in which dye box?

Post regrets other than >bought the game
>didn't get a conq pack
>didn't roll wizard from the start
>keep changing my armor when I should stick to meta all along

Joined shitty VG guild premediah.
Didn't do life skills premediah.
Didn't start worker empire premediah.
Didn't raise energy premediah.
Wasted +30 stacks in my yuria and ageria shits premediah.

>didn't stick with ranger
>bought pearls

Woke up on the wrong foot today, sweetcheeks? I'm having plenty of enjoyment at 310€ spent, you take your generalizations and have a go at hitting the sack again.

You need to discover the island itself first. Go to the middle of the island until you discover the area.

>Join IC premediah
>Literally gay orgy in discord daily
>low player skill cap so I left
oh also
>Bred my conq t5 with a t4 female got a t3 horse.

>grinding in Wandering Rogues
>see 3 people grinding
>get 1.5m silver in turn-ins within the first 30 minutes
>one of them gets a belt of schultz
>the second one gets his right after
>I get mine within 5 minutes, picking up half a dozen steel daggers along the way
>life is good, we stay out of each other's way while making mad solo-grinding money
>SUDDENLY 6 PEOPLE IN THE SAME FUCKING GUILD SWEEP THROUGH THE ENTIRE AREA, MASSACRING PEOPLE
>Wizards on horses, rangers, etc. throwing LOLs in chat
>see the other two grinders respawned in town

What the fuck is this shit man...

Ehh, shit happens, that's fair. Maybe they needed to grind too, and they needed space for it. They were assholes about it though. Now what I don't understand is single people ganking each other for no reason even when there's space for everyone.

help

your fault for being a fag

>it's the "go through 3 stages of hellish conversation to get 20 amity" episode

Open world pvp happened

I guess, but this is well known guild who normally grinds at Sausans, I don't understand how they'd just go out of their way to stop grinding and kill us just because we got a few belts.

>leave for 2 months
>come back and see the same greasy neckbeard chink playing
How hasn't this guy killed himself yet?

First off Eppu is a cute girl.
Next she isn't greasy, she just been working hard!
Tbqh you should just leave again, only cute people allowed here. Picture proof Eppu is a girl.

today I milked cows and made cheese
what is this game

>Didn't buy the standard package
>Rolled Valk instead of Warrior
>Spent $600 on the cash shop, should have spent $0
>Joined a Veeky Forums guild

Skyrim

stole this from reddit, I just use it to know what dyes are what

Where's white and black?

you can only get those from the random dye box I think

Oh god and that one you can't buy in bulk either.

This propaganda, real pics here.

People will be dicks if they can, it's simple

I do it all the time in fpses because I have an advantage I can leverage over the random pubber (skill, situational awareness, map control), so it's not surprising in a game where numbers and gear determine the outcome of 90% of fights to use it to be bullies on the playground too. Sucks that your sandcastle got kicked down, all you can really do is move somewhere else and carry on

>Now what I don't understand is single people ganking each other for no reason even when there's space for everyone.

yeah

i had one valk the other day that would not leave me alone

he would constantly try and gank me for no reason

*some people will be dicks if they can

Maybe he was having fun fighting you? I've had a lot of experiences of people fighting me just for fun, and trying to learn different ways to deal with different playstyles. Unless it was just a oneway stomp, then I wouldn't understand it.

I didn't fight him though. I would just icicle him and run away.

Oh, maybe he wanted to kill you for being a pussy then.

We both know there's no chance of that.

this is absolutely horrifying.

someone post a cute butt
this furniture placing mode is gonna give me an aneurysm

tfw IC is a totally dead guild.

yuhata come baka

The furniture placement tool, the weird allocation of bonus points and reductions for no reason
AND the small ass icon box for ALL your furniture.
This could have been implemented a little better

I had an issue before with a bunch of roses wall decor subtracting almost 200 pts when i placed it on a specific spot on my wall. At another user's suggestion, I rearranged a lot of the furniture in my house to see if something was triggering the reduction, but that wasn't the case.
I tried putting different items in the same place, and it turns out that one wall spot is just a curse and decreases my points by 100~280 depending on what i placed there. weird as fug

>just start playing the game
>combat is fun, just want to kill stuff
>every town I come to every quest is "meet this guy" or "go fish for shit/cook my shit"

How long before I get to play the game?

You don't have to do that shit, y'know? Do whatever the fuck you wanna do.

So go kill stuff? You can't kill stuff without quest and/or marker that tells you where to go?

Won't I be missing out on skill points and shit from quests though? I have like 30 contribution, but I don't even know what the fuck to use it on or what it's even for. I just want more skills.

Quests don't give skill points USUALLY, it's definitely not worth looking for the 20 out of 10000 by doing them all if you don't dig 'em.

I should at least be doing the black fart cloud quests right? They seem to give some pretty dank rewards most of the time.

Yeah, do those.

sleepy thread

tfw scrolling bank the value changes, creepy seeing my items go up n down.

Why are there two separate beds you cuck?

wat

It's actually a trash heap, you can't see all the plates of chicken and whatnot else on the floor.

yeah it's pretty gross

Typical braindead feed-me mindset instilled by today's generation of gamers.

Do whatever the fuck you want.

>those weeb names
>people playing fotm games like total warhammer and overwatch

disgusting

It keeps jumping from million when i scroll down my items in storage, it updates pretty often.. Not sure how the pricing goes for that asset value.

Dead thread

post you are waifu or husbando doing this

ded

just finished hitting the same enemies in the same rotation for 10 hours like I did every day for the past week

Anyone want to kill me please why am I doing this

Let me out of this autismal prison of failed enchants and unending grind

what the fuck this general is still alive?

>easily have blown over 130mil+ trying to duo accessories
>guild member duos all his rings and earrings back to back with no fails in the span of a half hour
>have another that has literally never failed to pri or duo anything and gets given livertos every other worldboss

I hate this game a lot, truly

what armor is that? the little wings on the back are cute

Bern Sorecess armour combined with the Cavaro talisman