/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

>50% Renown Boost active through Monday, May 30th at 12AM EST.

Discord server for organized group play:
discord.gg/0yy2wDRBnPClTOxo

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-ama-addresses-hit-detection-issues/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pcgfb

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: not yet made

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
techknow.one/forum/index.php?topic=69.0 (dead link)
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/lykrzg.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dead

I tried

Shit OP to be honest.

srry bby

>lose 2 people in first round of ranked
>we obviously lose the game but all 3 of us did pretty strong
>finish 8 and 3
>derank

>shoot the hostage
>enemy drops him
>he falls off the roof
>shoot him then revive the hostage

I shot you to help you, I swear

Are you trying to tell me they finally got 64 tic servers?

Too bad the game's already dead

>Running away with the hostage
>Defender just absolutely fucking sprays the hostage
>Defender team has killed the hostage.

Evertim.

>Sledge
>Can have Machine gun and Shotgun at the same time
>Acog on secondary
>Also gets frag grenades

EXPLAIN THIS!

Why the fuck is the community so fucking shitty?
>Load into game
>Guy instantly kills the hostage and is auto kicked
>Rejoins the game after a round and kills the hostage again before we can kick him
>People just join games to kill teammates and then leave
>FUZE IS STILL PICKED ON HOSTAGE
I just had a lvl 101 try fuzing the fucking hostage room. I literally babysit people when they pick fuze on hostage and kill them if they try fuzing the room. How are people this fucking dumb?

Probably the best comeback I'll ever have

Apologies for quality, shitty 3MB limit

jeese that was pretty good. too bad for consoles

How the fuck did you know that first guy was about to pop around the corner?
>that aim
Jesus Christ the average PC player I've seen doesn't even aim that good.
What kind of screen do you play on?

Croatian operators when? Preferably both qt females.

I think I heard the first guy starting to vault, I'll check the vid. The second guy I saw something wiggling over the shield which is why I fired, hard to see cause of webm quality. Got a lucky as fuck headshot

Just a normal TV? I sit real close though. I still have moments of console aim, I guess I was just in the zone here. Plus Jager's gun handles beautifully.

I checked the vid and I just straight up saw him, the webm quality just hides it. When I'm looking between the bunk bed pole and the wall I can see his gun and head for a split second

Yeah just replayed it a few times and you can just make out his gun poking around the corner.
I play on a 42 inch and can't use red dots at all because I can't see shit.

Reposting some of my OC from last thread.

So I started out the game stuck in this bush. I had complete control of everything and with the guidance of my teammates I got to the bush. I was spawning as a defender in the house with my camera outside. Dying didn't do shit.

Is there like a name for this shit?

L-lewd

I bet Valkyrie has sex with 4 cameras recording

Why are her shades melting familia?

>r6g instead of r6sg
fucking idiot OP

Nah.

>using the correct thread name makes him an idiot
No u.

Pure autism. This is a Siege thread and no one cares about the old games.

>implying sperging out over what's in the subject line of a thread on a Taiwanese basket weaving symposium isn't autism incarnate

>people don't find the thread
>thread dead
back to rebbit, memester

I don't think the kind of people who ctrl+f one specific thing then give up are the kind of people who keep a thread alive.

who cares? this general is on life support no matter what the OP says anyway

I just do rainbow.

Glaz should have a VSS

I need help, I've been trying to play through situations but most of the time they crash at a certain point during loadingscreen, just when it is about to finish loading.

I've bypassed a couple of them by switching uplay on and off and lowering textures, but it doesn't work anymore

Anyone have a fix?

i've updated drivers, restarted, verified game cache, disabled enabled overlays and nothing works.
I've just confirmed it crashes during all loading screens, for all gamemodes

Yeah the community for rainbow six is fucking abysmal, which is a shame because I really love this game. It's bad enough I get extra shit from people in CASUAL of all places because I have a high w/l ratio.

>keeping the discord in the OP

For what purpose?

>nearing the end of a round
>my team is running out of time, I'm dead, and there's Kapkan traps all over the place
>my Thermite runs for the objective, but he's getting shot up by Rook
>panics and runs right into a trap, but Rook died in the blast somehow
>we win the round off of it and everybody has a good laugh
>except Rook who is furious now and saying it was a teamkill
>we explain to him what happened
>okay gr, nt, all that jazz
>next round
>suddenly everybody on the other team is killing each other
>Rook went Columbine on them because he couldn't grasp the concept of a Kapkan trap
>mfw I don't know what to say while this guy have a meltdown

And we were all having such a nice game, too. I really don't know how he misunderstood that whole accidental teamkill thing. This is a first for me.

Oh yeah, I did record that match. Well have some new OC, /r6g/.

>Rook went Columbine on them
I don't know why but this is an extremely funny expression for me

If you have video of when they went crazy and killed each other I'd like to see it, that shit always makes me laugh, even when it happens to me

File to big to post, here's a link: a.pomf.cat/lykrzg.webm

It's really not that much. It's just them running around outside trying to kill each other. I didn't capture the first teamkills and all of chat since I was busy with preparations and I didn't notice they were fighting. I don't know what happened and if it really was just the kap trap that he was mad about, although he really did believe it was not an accident.

I guess you can use this as a friendly PSA: try not to trigger BasterdSenpai.

What chibi is the kawaiiest chibi?

Oh yeah, that Kapkan teamkill thing reminded me of something.

I think I figured out how to remove the bolt.

I figured out what causes it (sort of). I'm not liking the setup since the old invis glitch was far superior and quicker to do, but I've managed to get real consistent with it. I'm currently testing to see if the limitation I'm currently encountering applies to all rooms and maps.

>pc superior aim
>pc superior reaction time
10/10

What's with the weird censoring doe

Christ these challenges man, so stale

>Get 5 kills in T hunt!
>Get 5 kills
>C4 yourself and call it a day
>Okay wait 70 hours for the next one

I kind of prefer these new challenges cause I hate when I was forced to play certain operators.

So spill the beans my mang. How do?

Soon™. I was just testing to see how it works on other rooms and on other maps. So far I figured out what causes it fuck up like it does in the pics, so I got a general idea of where you can use it. Because of this, though, it's limitations are disappointing, especially after the old glitch. I'm leaning towards "Not game breaking but it's a nice thing to know."

Webm up soon.

Alright, looking forward to it. Thanks glitch-user

I dont know why 4 of my challenges are always Terrorist Hunt. Ive literally never played it and i dont think anyone plays it.

>season pass
LMAO

Sorry jabba

It's like £5 extra and im not poor.

>downs himself

Sorry it's taking a while. As I was recording the webm I was getting a better understanding of why it happens, thus being able to do it faster and less randomly like I previously thought it was. The guide I'm writing now should hopefully have enough insight for you guys to try it out, even if it is kind of hard to understand.

>That guy that gives up when hes the last alive

I think he did this on purpose. I dont know

I think that most people in this game legitimately forget that they can diffuse bomb or extract the hostage.

Sometimes there's just a clear opportunity to leave with the hostage and no one will take it and go roaming for kills instead.

Alright, so the setup for this is actually somewhat complicated and specific about location, so honestly I don't recommend you attempt this in a ranked game unless you practiced it and spawned somewhere that meets the requirements (which is what the webm shows off). Sounds useless, I know, but I consider it to be a nice "skill" to have if you mastered it.

>HOW TO DO IT
- Find two adjacent doorways/windows.
- Set a trap on one side (you can remove it later, for now don't worry about it being a viable location for traps).
- On the other doorway, begin placing another trap.
- While the animation is just starting and you can see the drill about to come out, mouse over the previous trap.
- Quickly use the interaction key to remove the trap, but snap your mouse away from the trap to cancel the remove animation.
- If you did it right, you'll have the drill in your hand while your weapon is out.
- Now place a trap like you normally would, except now the hook is gone.

>WHERE TO DO IT
- Adjacent doorways/windows, so mostly hallways, but...
- YOU CAN TAKE THE UNHOOKED TRAP ANYWHERE ON THE MAP AFTERWARDS...
- but unhooked traps will always point West. I don't know why it does this, and I tried to find ways to make it point elsewhere, but it really loves to point West. Keep that in mind when you place them.

>OTHER NOTES
- Keep a bit of distance from the second doorway you didn't trap. It helps getting the drill out quicker, from what I noticed.
- Like I mentioned, it loves West. Place it somewhere not suitable for it and the laser will still go West, even going through walls.
- If you didn't snap fast enough and grabbed the first trap, you'll notice the drill will be out with the gun. It may seem like it worked, but it didn't, it's still hooked. You have to cancel the interact/remove animation.

Hopefully that explains it well enough. It takes a while to get it on the first try; the webm I had a harder time because of the table messed me up a bit.

Damn, webm cut short, but the hook is gone at the end. You can pause it to verify.

Thanks for the info. Went on trying.

It fucking works. Kapkan is finally playable. Thanks, user. I hope it here to stay for long .

It was asking extra £20 of me last time I checked

The trap sometimes is being placed in weird position, making it visible from the other side, unless you're going to barricade from the outside.

Ooooookay, this is new. Same user here. I just wanted to get a little better at doing the glitch, but I somehow stumbled upon this. I didn't run into this during my testing, so I did something different to make the lasers sit dead center of the barricades. I'll be trying to replicate this /r6g/. It's certainly not like the invis glitch we had before, but this is pretty close to being as good as it.

>what are sales
>what are keysites
>what is kinguin, g2a etc.
>Oh god i love steam semen so much mmm.

Okay nevermind I just did the same thing. I was confused for a second why I couldn't see my laser here . Well I consider its current state good enough.

There are some maps I didn't try the glitch at. Unhooked lasers go North in Plane, it seems.

It's better than nothing, but this way you can't put trap on doorways leading outside, or laser will be seen.

>playing Defuse the Bomb on Realistic
>no one using cameras
>everyone dies minutes into the game while I'm still scoping the place out with the camera
>start to get votes to kick me
>get kicked

to what fucking end

Didn't want it to get deleted

Idk how strict Veeky Forums is

>playing Realistic with randoms and anything other than Classic or Extract

s m h

>tfw we ace the whole round

mistakes into miracles

Dead

:(

Does anyone actually watch the hostage anymore?

Depends on the map

Some maps staying near the hostage is a death sentence

I'm burnt out from R6S and need a break. I spent way too much time messing around with Tachanka and Kapkan. Besides, I'm not sure if I should play some matches or keep finding new stuff.

I just play it for the ezpz renown

what the actual fuck Thatcher!

>steam
not even once

>2v2
>I flank around and kill one in the back
>meanwhile the other teammate dies
>doesn't give any info on the last guy's location or anything

>playing blitz
>plant defusor
>entire team lines up on basement stairs on Oregon
>3 get killed because no one noticed bandit behind them
>kill bandit
>kill two more
>die
>enemy defuses
>entire team yelling at me for planting
What the fuck is wrong with people in this game?

>yelling at the guy who actually did the objective instead of hunting for kills
Ayy lmao the second the defuser is planted the whole room should be a deadzone for the defenders.

if you're not properly defending the defuser planting it is basically just a death sentence since they can just destroy the defuser instead of killing the enemy.

The room was completely empty, there were two doors to watch and 4 of us.

>Both teams inna stalemate
>Realize there's a perfect flanking opportunity during that time
>I'm playing as slow, fat fuck Rook

Compensator or flash hider for Buck's FAL?

Take a guess the Fal is only single fire and what attachment reduces single fire recoil?

oh SHIT

waddup?

What other guns benefit from it? BB's single shot gun and Twitch?

You can use the flash hider on every weapon if you use burst fire if you supress alot and spray in general the comp is better.