/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Now™ edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
Bannerlord will be shown at E3, maybe some siege.
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15
youtube.com/watch?v=xdSzGoTc_ns
youtube.com/watch?v=gnGNojC8XrE
youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4

RPS Interview with Armagan : rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/28/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-interview/

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/fcmVyuQ0

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0
>Caribbean! Blood and Gold (on Steam)
snowbirdgames.com/blog/?p=1632

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKhkyFqOb4w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

warsword is shit

ports when

The worst waifu.

I CAN'T FUCKING CONCINCE A LORD TO JOIN ME

FUCKING HELL I HAVE 100+HONOR 1000+ RENOWN LANDS TO OFFER AND 85 RTR AND YOUR KINDGOM IS NOW REDUCED TO 1 TOWN

JUST FUCKING COME TO MY SIDE ALREADY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

Waifus susceptible to more corruption makes for good roleplay

use cheats to make them like you

ACOK

fuck off Cozur

I already modified quests to give me 50 relation right off the bat.

They still don't want anything to do with me.

Simply unreal. Their King also won't fucking sign a peace treaty after i've taken all his shit.

Fuck this makes no sense.

Poor coding, man.

so i've got all the stuff done for ACOK, but i'm wondering if people want sideswings on horseback for the flail
i'd have to replace the polearm sideswings, but no weapons in vanilla ACOK 2.2 use them

wut battlesize
wut specs
wut fps

Sea Dogs 2 was also made by Slavs and it had a QT pirate chick. All the bitches in this game are ugly tho.

Capture their king and lock him in your dungeon.

I actually started AOP2:CoAS with the Pirates Ahoy mod.

Sadly I can't name my charecter El Guapo. Also The tutorial is balls and every person who plays it on youtube sucks at it so they aren't any help. I'm gonna have to read this long as manual next day off before I really go at it.

Holy shit I haven't played those games since I was in middle school lol.bi think I remember her though. She was the French girl right?

user, youre gonna upset a lot of people when they see this and go check moddb.

One day

I want to ride a mermaid.

one day it'll get released you mean

right the ACOK submod is updated to 2.2
along with the regular stuff, i also
>added a sling and staff sling
>looters are now equipped with these
>changed the proficiency text from Firearms to Slings
>the flail can now be swung left and right from horseback

fx8520, r9 290
About 15

I normally only play with 200 battlesize, but i used to play around 500 on an even shittier gpu before i decided stable fps was more important than huge battles.

>flail
>horseback

No, just no.

why

>drunk
>12:36AM
>listening to blizzard's and other game soundtracks
>get a bunch of epic ideas for mods
>going to sleep

Maybe because he doesn't want to hurt his horse?

gekonewer user, do you remember which brf you got the B&G armor out of? I can't find them in single player Resources

don't hit the horse then dummy

not him but new_pirates_bodies_a
they use some kind of slav magic via scripts to apply the different texture materials on the armor

It's almost 4am why are you people still here

They added some spooky stuff with this new DLC.

It's 10 am here. I got up 2 hours ago.

Can't wait for someone to colour it white.

It really is slav magic. Wish I knew how it worked.

One of planned features is optional files to change the nanban troops to english, french, dutch and spanish. To do that though I'm going to have to seperate the armor into it' own .brf and then have one for each faction. I thinking having 4-8 different versaions of the same armor in one .brf would make it way to big? I don't want to make the mod to big/slow/unstable.

>I thinking having 4-8 different versaions of the same armor in one .brf would make it way to big?
it might do, which is maybe why they did that
i know openbrf gets unstable if you have over 2k items in there but i dunno about filesize
also i dunno if there's enough colors for each euro faction from caribbean, for instance at least one faction is missing their own full plate color

I've been waking up at 10pm and going to sleep at noon recently so it's really been hell how slow /mbg/ is compared to even daytime

nerd

I used to go to sleep before sunrise and then wake up after sunset. Missing daylight and later transitioning to morning classes was hell.

From what I've checked almost all the "combat" gear has Red, Yellow, Blue, Orange, Green, Brown & White.

My idea was to include all the textures since unused ones aren't loaded by the game anyway and then just have a "Carib_armor.brf" for each different faction's color(s). Then the player picks the .brf they want along with the troops.txt from the "optional stuff" folder and places it in the module. So you can keep the default brown/green Nanban/gaijin or switch over to one of the european factions if you prefer.

The only question is if I should include Portugal. What would they be, yellow or white? Yellow and white like how the french are blue and white?

Anyway I'm going to sleep.

When is the new Warsword update coming out?

1 days

sorry, meant to say 10*

>you are welcome to modify it to please your own tastes

What did he mean by this?

It means that he wants to you fix the fuckups that he's responsible for but don't post it on their forums because that would mean that PoP might not be the holy grail of M&B modding.

Pop is generic fantasy garbage.
I can't see why people even like it.

The setting, lore, art, etc are all absolute garbage, but none of those are why I play M&B. I greatly enjoy a lot of the features and gameplay improvements it introduces, even if it does also come with some retarded decisions and artificial difficulty. It's got it's fair share of problems and saxondragon rightfully earned his spot in the triumvirate, but it's still easily one of the best mods made. I enjoyed sinking tonnes of hours into it and completely conquering Pendor, couldn't do the same with other mods like ACoK or AWoIaF even though I love the setting and desperately wanted to enjoy them.

Oh wow.

Caribbean might actually be fun now.

Don't a lot of spears actually do that though? I seem to recall my troops trying to swing and club enemies with their spears instead of just stabbing

the flail sideswing thing replaces the polearm sideswings on horseback, not on foot
only weapons in native that have those are the hafted blades

I've been playing mountain blade for weeks nonstop but I never play for more than 2 in game months before moving on to a new mod.
What's something good to stick with?

VC story mode is decent.
Gekokujo if you can deal with bog standard Diplo late game.

Bannerlord

Also PooP has some interesting late game features bult into, but I would more than understand if you don't want to put up with the retarded lore, art design and artificial difficulty.

its on sale on steam, worth a buy?

also love this: youtube.com/watch?v=wKhkyFqOb4w

My problem is that I feel like there's not much to do besides run around doing shitty quests to get money/relations to hire shitty soldiers to raid villages to get goods to sell to get money to hire more shitty soldiers to avoid getting crushed by lords and losing my shitty army I spent weeks of tedious bullshit and recruiting like 5 guys at a time to create.
Then I capture a castle after a siege where I have to kill 800 men single-handedly because my entire army is stuck on a ladder and won't cross the wall, and all hell breaks loose with every faction hating my guts and disrespecting me no matter how much land I control. If that subsides then I have to provide an unreasonably large sum of money out of my pocket (total weekly cost 500,000+, at highest taxes everywhere I make maybe 50,000) every week to keep my kingdom afloat, and the best method is usually constant raiding which leaves no time for defending my tiny shitheap from getting raided by lords with the same idea.
And diplomacy is usually
"Here's a gift, like me slightly"
"Please recognize my legitimacy"
"Let's not kill each other"
"Fuck you, suck my dick you sack of shit"
There's gotta be more than raiding and war and sieges with one ladder.
I like how brytenwalda has a lot of interesting things to do when sieging or after a battle, but I find the time period dull. A bunch of barbarians in variants of cloth armor doesn't excite me as much as the thundering cavalry charges of plate clad European Knights centuries later.

Looks like you're ready for Bannerlord. Welcome to the club.

uh wat is happening in that pic

That's Plague's farm.

A magical place of dreams and hope.

oh my god who is the wasp babe on the left? hottie alert

When does the new Warsword update come out?

You haven't been paying much attention have you

The answer is 10 days

More like 2 days.
I don't like sharing a release date with the last Witcher 3 expansion though.

Sorry guys we ran into a couple of bugs when we were doing our final checks, we can not release it in this state.

We have a modest proposal, if you are willing to wait 10 days for us to iron out the bugs, then we will add deamons of chaos as a whole new faction.

-Polloio :)

You just made this up, right?

YES, please take your time and ignore any haters complaining about the wait, it's like they don't understand that they're getting this for FREE and you can't rush perfection. You guys are doing an absolutely amazing job and if anybody isn't satisfied, let's see them make a better mod.

Time to go kill myself.

no :^ )

I wouldn't put it past them, there is a high chance it wont come out.

It was supposed to come out before Christmas of 2015.

i know we like to joke and jab at them about the delays, but i hope they dont truly get too upset about it like it appears they do in their angry forum posts about complainers. theyre ultimately putting in the work to make a mod, even if it is... gradual work

>I got rid of the rapists seed
>With a rusty fork
How the fuck do you perform an abortion with a rusty fork? Or does she mean she killed the child after giving birth to it?

there's no proof that they have done anything though and probably will never will be. it's not coming out

there have been a few moderately convincing screenshots

well, i guess if the rusty fork's handle was long and thin enough it might be able to work on similar principles as the classic wire clothes hanger

So, I installed Floris Evolved.
I can't see anything from the log.
From looted villages on the map to the damage I dealt during battle.
Everything is invisible. Fug.
Ideas?

>I installed Floris Evolved.

How do I replace the tactician in Gekonewer as myself? I can't go on another day riding past empty castles with this fuckwit in command.

Well you could get him captured somehow

Also anyone who plays Pendor know if I'm correct in that you don't get honor penalties or anything from hitting caravans? I just kind of assumed you did but I'm pretty sure I didn't lose any from attacking one just now, and I could sure use the money with these adventurers and heroes, my castle and village are not helping nearly as much as I need

>Ideas?

Uninstall Floris Evolved.

why

Get him captured? If that is my only option then I'm pretty fucking disappointed.

Other than waiting for him to get voted out I've never had a tactician in gekonewer not stop being a fucking shitter who patrols his castle while on campaign because he claims he's not on campaign

>Download B&C: Caribbean
>Make character
>Explore the first town
>Enter mansion
>I'm in combat with this chick and her father
>Kill him and find out we're married
>What would you like to name your kingdom
>...
>Brotherhood of the Coast has been eliminated
>At war with everyone
>Not even level 2

Minor clipping, had to use screenshot mode to see it, might be the boots or the armour isn't used on combat NPC's on carribean or the no cov flag

When will Dorne join the war? This is getting fucking boring.

Is there a reason that blood and steel has braindead cavalry when there's 100+ of them on the field? are horsefuckers really that resource intensive?

inb4 dead mod etc etc

why is this guy calling himself a simple woman

anyway, once he fucks up enough and you do well enough, you may be up for promotion to marshal, especially if you butter up the boss

I haven't noticed it's any more braindead than most cavalry in mods. I usually just wipe the field with it.

I feel like going back to B&S because its just so ridiculous. Fighting off a 12000 man siege with a few hundred is really fun for about the first few rounds

God, who even wants to be marshall

Controversy out the ass

the horsies are probably bumping into each other and making a traffic jam. perhaps you could instruct them to stand farther apart?

Have you ever had lobotomized bots though? They just sit on their horse and let themselves be attacked, as soon as they're dismounted they start working again. I also have an issue with cavalry on the charge; when I give the order they stop in their tracks and become lobotomized again.

I had this recently somewhere but I can't recall what mod exactly. It may have been B&S actually, with some of those nord super-valkyrie things. Don't recall having that problem with my billion Ronin

i notice enemy cav sometimes being stupid, like i ride up on their flanks and start shooting their cavalry dead and they sit there and take it, but i havent noticed it much with my own cav

I WANT BANNERLORD TO BE RELEASED THIS YEAR REEEEEEE GAS THE ROACH DEVS

>We’re still not too close to release unfortunately.
>We are considering Early Access, or perhaps an open beta of some sort.
>We definitely want to involve players at some point so they can dig in and help with final touches and game balance.

>That’s one reason that it took so long. At the beginning, some of the choices that we made – technological and design – were suboptimal.
>They became limiting factors when we wanted to add more things, which led to having to do things two or three times.
>We’ve improved in that regard.
>But the most important thing is to make this a great game, which can hopefully then be a great foundation not only for mods and expansions, but for future games and projects.

All this hype, image:

>be a great foundation not only for mods and expansions, but for future games and projects
>foundation for mods and expansions
>foundation
>mods

We'll be modding the game we always wanted from them, for them, whilst they get all the credit and cash.

>inb4 barebones experience, please insert mod here

I don't think qt Armagan would take all this time just to release a cash cow

Why not?

kek, sounds like a bug
You should report it on the forums
They will never fix it.

whats some good siege music lads

Depends what youre looking for fampai. Are you claiming another city for your empire or are you claiming a hold for your barbarian horde?