/fog/ Fallout General

Shitters Gonna Shit Edition.

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/dfRatvDc

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10338967
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14110/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

strawpoll.me/10338967
strawpoll.me/10338967
strawpoll.me/10338967

Bethesdrones don't even come here to talk about Fallout, they just shit-post and bait all thread long.

okay so it may be because i've stayed up all night but does anyone else think fallout needs a new big spooky late game enemy already?
because deathclaws are old hat now, they've been in every game and it's time for something new
esspecialy since fo4 ruined them
yknow everyone used to be scared of deathclaws because they were quiet and could kill you super easily?
so why would they make you fight only one at a time and make them fug huge so you can't miss them?
not to mention them standing up and roaring essentily going "LOOK AT ME SHOOT ME YHOO OVER HERE HOPE YOU WEREN'T TENSE OR ANYTHING BECAUSE HERE COMES THE EPIC MUSIC YEAH"
i know people don't like bringing up NV or whatever but look at cazadores
everyone remembers cazadores
speeding around at mach 9 in packs and screwing you over with venom
yknow i thought the concept art with the giant squirel instead of the concord deathclaw was dumb but honestly i would have prefered it
that concept art for the mantis shrimp form that canned fallout online game would be nice too
also i miss body horror
i'm going to get coffee now
goodbye

dat poll doe.

just replace every raider with forged

those guys are so stupid fucking tanky no matter what level you are you'll shit your pants every time you see a humanoid guaranteed

Or, let me just go crazy here for a minute, the "Bethesdrones" you whine about are just people who get annoyed at your blind praise of New Vegas and want you to take your fanboyism down a notch or two.

The Bethesda forums are full of dumbass console peasants whose idea of Fallout is entirely based on the contents of Fallout 3, but this place seems to be very similar in its praise of New Vegas, which personally annoys me more because people claim it to be the game of choice for more mature and intelligent players.

lmao

why do console users not deserve mods?

dont try and spin the narrative differently to how it actually is

any beth shitposter on this thread is very directly and deliberately targeting the generally accepted opinion that new vegas is the definitive 3D fallout title

you can disagree with that all you want but you can't start shitposting towards a community that agrees with that notion and expect them to all be cool with it

The state of Obsidiots.

>but this place seems to be very similar in its praise of New Vegas, which personally annoys me more because people claim it to be the game of choice for more mature and intelligent players.

it is lmao

like neither games are ripe pickings for intellectuals, but legitmately and objectively

fallout new vegas has more mature and intelligent themes, writing and design than bethesda's fallouts

Christ man, if you're going to samefag at least put capitals in one of your posts.

new vegas isn't discussed nearly enough to support the amount of people who claim to like it

it's obvious fanboy shitposting because it only gets mentioned when someone starts screaming bethesdrones
otherwise, for all of that game's numerous shortcomings this is pretty much /FO4gen/

>discussing a ded game

>blind praise of New Vegas and want you to take your fanboyism down a notch or two
What? No one evem brings up New Vegas except Bethesdrones. You can't voice even the smallest criticism or complaint about Fallout 4 without Bethesda fanboys getting shitty and bashing New Vegas in it's defense.

reminder to give thanks if you barely had any idea this was happening because you play on PC

>new vegas isn't discussed nearly enough to support the amount of people who claim to like it
I fucking love NV, it's in my top 5 games of all time and I've probably put more time into it than any other game.

Fallout 4 gets discussed because it isn't five years old and already been discussed in its entirety.

Go look at that poll man, it seems that Bethesdrones barely exist in /fog/ and people only do it to make you shit your pants over tiny issues.

It was nvg before Fallout 4 was announced
And it will be again when Skyrim 2 is announced

The poll supports my claim.

>mfw my first fallout was third fallout
>mfw fallout 3 defines the series for me
>mfw i liked new vegas but it didn't feel completely like fallout
>mfw i tried fallout 1 and 2 and didn't play either for long cause boring

You mad?

You can wield this PTSR as a halberd of sorts

Nope. I've grown out of that sort of childish shit.

Enjoy yourself however you like bro, your opinion doesn't change the fact that _2 is my favorite game in the series.

That goes for most Fallout 3 babies. To casual to play 1 and 2, and too ignorant to care.

That's how generals work, people talk about whatever's most recent most of the time.
Almost every game general is like this, unless there's relevant tie-ins that make revisiting the older entries worthwhile people will spend most of their time discussing the new content that not everyone has combed over every inch of six times over.

there shouldn't be anything wrong with fo3/nv/fo4 being your first game

but this is /fog/ so the rules are different sorry senpai

www strawpoII me/3964012

>Using worst PA design

3 was my first but I can still tell it was buggy and shit

can F4SE actually work on consoles though

no i agree with you man, although.
the new ghouls can be scary as fuck, AND the new enemies in far harbor jump scare the shit out of me which is a first for fallout as well.
...mods will fix it though.

Problem with people like that though is they tend to obviously not know much about Fallout but still talk shit and act like they know what they're talking about.
That's when you get retards complaining about New Vegas' BoS being different from 3's, and not knowing who the NCR are.

Work? Maybe.

Is it ever realistically ever gonna happen? No.

>Mission to get pump regulator
>It's just a cleaned tactical jet
Wow, fuck you Bethesda

haha, FOG was not even close to this shitty before fallout 4.. guess we got a lot of new traffic and i'm assuming a lot of the oldies are being pissy with the new blood.
everyone was new blood once.. get over yourself.

>Bethesda putting effort into anything they do
lel good luck

I was getting smoked by the robos so I shuffled over to the Castle since it's next door and pulled out the only full PA suit I had there

anyways, here I am with like 3 different drugs in my bloodstream smacking a robobrain with a halberd gun

it's as fun as it sounds

Or perhaps it's the new blood doing the shitposting.

Oi one of you faggots make a mod that lets you turn junk items into scrap on the fly that isn't fucking garbage and convoluted for no reason (nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14110/)

Like literally, just give every JUNK item a second activator so you can press R to scrap it on the spot instead of picking it up.

Fucking simple if you're not a donglord who thinks everything needs to go through some dumb fucking item in your inventory for no reason.

yeah, i wouldn't doubt it. i'm sure it goes both ways though.

Are there any good follower mods for fo4 yet?
I need my stalker/FWE/P.N overhauls already..

>haha, FOG was not even close to this shitty before fallout 4
Yeah, it was far worse. This is a gentle breeze compared to the nonstop shitposting.

I'de rather deal with waifu posting and mod complaints than this shit.

Bullshit. I'm not him but he's right, this place has really turned to crap.

Go start a new general then, with blackjack and hookers.

Just like your perfect flawless gem of a game New Vegas.

>Butthurt that people like a game

>implying the t-60 isnt the worst

>butthurt somebody didn't drink the Kool Aid

Spare me. This shit was worse when it was NCR vs Legion shitposting, Hegelian Dialectics, BOFag and the walls of shitposting that took over whenever Bama posted a single image.

Gentle
Fucking
Breeze

And as usual the manchildren are the ones making it worse than it has to be.

>NCR vs Legion shitposting
Discussing the game is shitposting?

eh, whatever man. i don't care.
you got any new gems of mods to share?

Oh God yes. 3 had numerous glitches and crashed often. NV had me saving every 10m due to crashes.

4 is pretty damn good in this regard.

60 and 45 are practically the same thing, I can barely tell them apart. They're both the worst.

I wish there is something to discuss about the factions in Far Harbor.
You simply cannot unironically support DiMA or Children of Atom.

>it's remotely related to the game so it's not shitposting

"New Vegas was a mistake."

It's about the game so it's not a blatant trolling shitpost. ;^)

Anyone got tips for the survival mode that got added in the latest patch? I get to the first deathclaw and if I get hit, he just one hits me. If I can just get past this hurdle I know I'll enjoy the mode.

4 doesn't crash but it's easily the buggiest and most broken.

Uhhhh...for anyone (or the only one) of you guys that have done guns before, how do you adjust the muzzle flash? Not seeing anything about in the CK.

Tried making a standalone version of that M60, making a little progress, but the muzzle flash is all weird.

you can hide from him in the little open ship across the street - he can't fit in the door

you can also stay on the roof and just shoot him from there

>3

Get on my level.

Check the posts on the modern firearms mod page. I think I remember seeing a post from the author explaining how to reposition muzzle flashes for a different gun.

>Update a few mods
>Suddenly all the terminals are zoomed in and can only see the top
nice

if its so simple why haven't you done it yourself?
context activators that you're thinking of can be added using perks so get to it

did you not even look at the picture

Had to go back a few pages, but I found it, thanks.

Starting a new game with a Murkwater Settlement

I've got Basement Living and plan to use it here, which one would be a good fit for Murkwater?

There's something I don't understand. I thought that the T-51b was the most advanced and most widely distributed power armor pre-war and the X-01 was created by the enclave after the bombs. Where did the T-60 come from? Where does it fit in all this?

Brotherhood made it, because Bethesda have a hard-on for the fucking Knights of the Round Table bullshit.

>tfw you'd prefer Fallout if the Brotherhood didn't exist

they made it a last minute prewar armor instead of a post war armor made by the eastern bos after their war with the enclave in DC

also why has no brotherhood chapter aside from the outcasts and the people in tactics reverse engineered the enclave shit anyway?

T60 is like a retrofit of T45, they basically bring that shitty old model up to the standards of T51 but without the exorbitant costs of just replacing them all with T51

The power armor guys guarding the vault are probably National Guard so it explain why they have T60 and not T51

It's just another retcon like T-45 was in Fallout 3.

By the time Fallout 5 rolls around you'll completely forget about the whole thing just like nobody cares about T-45 being "new" anymore.

The amount of times I've had a quest or sequence bug out and break so badly that I have to reload is ridiculous. Not mention all the other small random shit like getting stuck inside terminals.

Who says they haven't?

The X-01 was based off the T51 so theyd already be pretty similar systems wise, not counting post-war upgrades made by the west coast Enclave

I FINALLY GOT THE FUCKING CAKE FROM THE PORT-A-DINER AND IT DIDN'T FUCKING GIVE IT TO ME

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You have to get it from the hatch on the side of the machine you munter.

it stayed empty, i checked multiple times

>X-01 is based on T-51
where is this ever stated?

I guess you can say fuck you I'm not typing that

FO2 mentions that the APA was based on T51.

Well, Trainwiz, when you read this, I want to say I'm sorry.

I wanted to test out your unique uniques mod for you but my retardation has transcended to the point of breaking even inventory manipulation in the console commands it seems.

Seriously, how the heck is this wrong. It's the right base id, specific quantity, right command string, I have all my other mods besides the official DLC deactivated, and I sure as hell did not flick on survival mode.

>000

If it's an object mod you use the amod command.
Just type "help 4"

is that from homemaker?

then just be grateful that people actually share what they make sheesh

muzzleflashs are a nif that attaches by its origin to the projectile node, either move the projectile within the base mesh of the gun, or change the CPT of the barrel/muzzle mesh.

I vote we add a PSA telling modders to release their armor/weapon mods by themselves instead of holding onto them for bigger projects that will inevitably never come out.

We can make a video with a bunch of screenshots of unreleased stuff set to Sarah McLachlan videos for impact.

no fuk u make the thing

>handcuffs everywhere
>can't use them for bondage games with your romantic interest
>she can't blindfold you and take you out somewhere in the wasteland and leave you, and make you find your way back to Sanctuary while cuffed
Unlucky

got a few questions /fog/

so I've been to the institute (answered as indecisive), and after I left I went to the railroad to notify them I got in and they're asking me to side with them, and if I did does that bar me from the minutemen? They act like our goals are opposing, but I see synths as potential valuable workers, and once the institute is gone, they're puppets without strings and thus, no longer of any large danger (no more any other settler with too much firepower). If I have to pick between the two I'm forced to play minutemen as I have every settlement under my command, and I'm not about to throw hundreds of hours of work away.

secondly, having been inside the institute is it too late to make diplomacy with the brotherhood? I was skeptical at first as they're guest of the commonwealth (uninvited guest mind you) and I know they have quest for strong arming settlers for supplies, but I've been told you can disregard that altogether. I admit I'm not to happy at the idea they're scavenging valuable electronics from our land, but I can't lie - we're set on that end.

I'm hoping for three way diplomacy, but I'm hoping it's not too late for that.

a sample of the work I've thrown into settlements, this is greentop's cafeteria, and every settlement is this luxurious and they're all built like fortresses from the outside.

Okay guys, what FOV do you play with?

oh yeah I also forgot can you reclaim the first synth without pissing off the railroad? I mean he is a raider and by Minutemen Code, I'd be forced to kill him, if he's reclaimed the railroad can roll the dice one more time after it's destroyed and I pull the alarm. If I can't reclaim it without pissing them off, can I just outright kill him, he's obviously still a threat to others.

90 100

Overseer's Guardian or Kiloton rifle?

Fixed!

I understand a little more about gun modding now, but I don't know if I'll actually mod in guns now that I know how much of a hassle they are.

fucking degenerate

Any ui mod that will show the game time without having to open up the pipboy?

I really like New Vegas, personally. I have nearly 1000 hours in it, and I still enjoy the quests and some of the weapons. You don't have to have the same tastes as me, but it doesn't mean either of us is right or wrong.

>you're only allowed to post in a thread once

can't fix all that clipping tho

Why won't FO4Edit load my mods in the right order? It's the most recent update

New Vegas has a soul. Even if the graphics are god-awful, the writing is amazing... you actually give a shit about what happens in the Mojave... to say nothing of the fucking freedom.. don't even get me started