Could you really survive days on end just meditating straight the way Buddha did?

Could you really survive days on end just meditating straight the way Buddha did?

yes

Depends on how many days.

Not even the Buddha could, hence why he stopped doing it.

I'd imagine so. They had remarkable control over their own bodies. They could most likely slow their metabolism down. Now if they didn't drink water, that's a different story. You can go a pretty damn long time without food. But no water will kill you in less than 2 weeks.

>But no water will kill you in less than 2 weeks
More like a couple of days.

My bad. I must have mixed up starvation and dehydration.

Yes. Meditation doesn't necessarily mean you are obliged to sit still and do nothing. A monk mediates while he sits and meditates while he works.

Reminder that Buddha is burning in hell because he never believed on Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of his sins.

The buddha lived six hundred years before Christ was born

Stop this ass backward American Evangelical theology please

And for that sin he went to hell.

No water: 3 days to one week, the latter if you are enduring as fuck.
Starvation: 2-3 days + all the bodies energy reserves

But if we walk in the light, as Buddha is now the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

1 John 1:7

They have taken him (Buddha) from paganism's prison, first by carriage, and now by boat. To the east, to my grace. Fear not, for I the LORD am watchful.

Psalm 23:4

bible quote thread?

Defy me, the LORD, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

>2-3 days
You're fuckking retarded. 23 days maybe, but up to 3 months is not at all unheard of.

>the supreme principle of the. universe gets as butthurt as the fat kid who got picked last for kickball

Kill yourself

>They have taken him (Buddha) from paganism's prison, first by carriage, and now by boat. To the east, to my grace. Fear not, for I the LORD am watchful.

Nigger is that the opening monologue from Morrowind?

Wasn't he offered bit of rice/food by a lady?

Yeah no you're the retard. Without water you will last 3 days tops. If it's hot, maybe even a single day.

Rice pudding

He's clearly talking about surviving without food you dunce

That was when he realized asceticism is pointless.

When he sat and meditated and discovered/created/whatevered Buddhism is a different time.

Before that?

So you're talking about this?

>could you really survive?
Chances are low, as even Buddha concluded that it would lead to death instead of freedom if he pursued this path any longer.