>Wiki
doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_(2016)

>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=ybo30QlSk64

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=fbpDqOmHo0w

>Tip of the Day
Gates Rule and Booleans Drool

Avatar of Sin 1.6 released, 1.7 republish already in the works for #BuildLikeHell. Beat it today and share your feedback to help shape the final version!
NX56VD8L

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/e8zaqura8kqhjzo/Wait what.wad?dl=0Hats
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you ever worry your map is going to be too hard for anyone but us psuedo masochists?

Does anyone know how to turn off the item glow around armour / ammo yet?

demon
limit

Limit doesn't matter. You can add in things like group encounters and multiple wave encounters, spawning more than the maximum number of actors.

There are over 250 demons in avatar of sin.

I just beat it on PS4, anyone remotely competent on PC should be able to handle it.

>has clearly never played the map

>remotely competent
Have you seen some of the people that play this game?

I havent beat it on PC yet. Got to where youre clearing out demons after putting a few shots in the Avatar and Id just spent too long killing demons instead of hitting buttons.

are there hacks out for multiplayer already? this guy was aimbotting with a burst rifle I think

Since beta.

Not that Im aware of.

The makes me wonder though, is there a VAC or PnkBstr for Dooms servers?

Literally the only bad thing about this game is that they didn't get Reznor back to do the soundtrack. Win an Oscar and you forget where you came from?

guys what is the best noob-friendly loadout for MP? Im a shitter and want to rip and tear

Chaingun
Super shotgun
Tesla rocket

The maintenance crew on Argent Tower have got to be some badasses.

They show up to their first day, expecting to get some gnarly equipment, they're just handed a pair of boost boots and a pat on the back. "Good luck!"

There's an elevator.

It would have been nice to have seen some other actual badasses feature in the game. I get that you wouldn't have them running around with you, but some more evidence of them having fucked shit up would have been nice.

Maybe overhearing firefights in other parts of the facility, or even having holograms of them making their final stand or whatever.

I thought it was a pretty shitty move to have all those elite guards put in the game and then have them all die via some cheesy kill switch. Would have been way more badass to have them die in different scenarios rather than all just in an air vent or a sealed room.

>Finding an elite guard dead atop a pile of lesser demons.
>Come across one one next to the remains of a pair of Mancubi.
>Following a trail of corpses down a corridor before finding one stuck under a door or something.

I get that we are THE Doom Marine, but it would be nice to see some lesser men taking a few with them as they go.

Like the radio chatter that you'd overhear sometimes in Doom 3.

I know it doesn't fit the style of music in D44m but it's kinda a misseed connection "rocket man" wasent in it
>"Mars is no place to raise yer kids , in fact it's cold as hell..."

The holograms of the doomed hell expeditions was a nice hint at that

How's snapbuild? I'm worried about the modding community of this game.

Well one guy used boxes to make a minecraft map, I dislike minecraft but I was impressed by how he used the only thing in the game you can custom texture for

Which is the first level that has summoners appear reasonably early? I was just going back and cleaning up the weapon masteries and I can't for the life of me remember.

Reznor was for quake. You're thinking of Robert Prince. Is this bait?

>E3
>Announce a successor to Quake I with Lovecraftian themes
>More flowing map style and purer combat without locking arenas/with more traps
>Reznor is back doing ambient and SFX

Would be pretty sweet, but the level design in Quake would be fairly tough to follow.

Actually, if they just used the high bitrate masters of the original sounds they could call it a day, the sounds in Quake were great.

No, it's not. For some reason, I thought Reznor did the soundtrack for Doom. Probably because he was slated to do some sound engineering until mismanagement made him pull out.

>tfw have managed to find every secret in the game on my own so far
>has taken me hours but still going strong
>can NOT find the classic doom level in Argent Facility (destroyed)
>have turned the entire map blue, still cannot find it
>too autistic to look it up

What the fuck am I missing?

A though occurs, doom is evil dead meets aliens, but has doom ever gone army of darkness?

In what way? Evil Ash? Going to an Era of amtiquity? Raising an army of your own?

doom car is kill guys ;_;

he is not kill. He is evolving into full stand in the race track and murder anyone who dares pass him

Without giving too much away, it's after you activate the drones.

Samuel Hayden is for ______

I'm a bit baffled by the lack of rewards for beating shit
not even an achievement for ultra-nightmare, or multiplayer armor unlocks to give an incentive to get back and explore everything in the single-player

I wish there were more multiplayer achievements.

is there something wrong with mp? i can't get a match. changed download region to US and everything.
15k players in game.

ARGENT ENERGY

It can be a little slow sometimes, but you may want to try some basic network troubleshooting if it continues.

>finish game
>need more DOOM
>all popular community maps are either gimmicky or shitty homages to old maps
This is just like Mario Maker. Where's a forum or somewhere I can go to where people are constantly shilling their maps l.

Look up Avatar of Sin for a pleasant surprise.

had a friend queue me up (from a different region) and it worked instantly. i don't think switching your steam download region actually does anything.

>sad that there's no coop
>find out that snapmap is actually coop and not a map-maker literally just now
who the hell came up with that name

I can understand not putting in an achievement for something like ultra-nightmare, but there not being an achievement for completing at least on ultra-violence maybe was a bit odd.

The thing that surprised me the more was there not being an achievement for finding and playing Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3.

But it is a map maker, plus a repository of the stuff the community builds with it. Co-op is just one of the options you can use.

I play on Steam where the achievements arent crack addictive like on Xbox but even I was surprised by their fairly bare bones achievement list. There not being one for completing Nightmare is weird.

Hopefully this turns into people shilling their maps.
The /vr/ thread is full of good mappers and I had hoped a ton would would into snapmap. Instead they all took a 2 second look, called it shit, and moved on forever.

The ones I was most surprised not to see were an achievement for either UV or Nightmare, one for turkey puncher 3, one for trying out all MP modes, and one for reaching the first echelon in MP.

No real shocker there, to be honest. Expansions for Snapmap might improve things, but it's far too limited for anyone with decent mapping ability to be satisfied with.

DoomRL Arsenal is fucking awesome

I'm really enjoying Doom 2. I played through the base game, and now I'm going through again with mods.

How's Doom 4 compared to that? Also, recommend map packs

the /vr/ threads are better for classic Doom recommendations. Doom 4 singleplayer is fun, and while it is necessarily different from the classic games it manages to hit the same notes for the most part. Biggest complaint is that the lockin arenas feel a little forced, but it's not a huge issue since they're well structured and often pretty large.

The two best things that could happen would be a SP expansion that takes on board the fairly widespread interest in seeing the lockdowns used a little less, and a release of actual mod tools to let the community go nuts with new content. Without the latter, it'll fade away while most of us keep playing the originals, and that would be a shame since it's got a really solid base.

Im ok with like no MP achievements. Games that have a bunch of MP achievements used to annoy me when I played on Xbox. Like Halo 3s achievements. Got all the base ones but 1 cause its hard as shit to find a map that has a Splaser in Free for All and then kill two people with one shot with it.

So I like that theres only like 2 in Doom.

I wish there was more of a reward for leveling up in MP.

I'm okay with "participation award" MP achievements as long as they don't require spending a huge amount of time to attain. Achievements serve best as encouragements to explore what a game has to offer, by trying all the modes it has to offer, giving things a fair shake to see if they click with you, and poking around at the mechanics and environments to find gameplay tricks and easter eggs.

Stuff designed to be absurdly difficult to achieve tends to rub me the wrong way, as it largely serves for people to wave their e-peen around. Really difficult stunts are better left so that the enjoyment lies in the accomplishment itself, rather than a badge to preen over.

I wish there was either more choice or just less rewards period.

Honestly, Im ok with hard achievements as long theyre not reliant on randomness. Like viral achievements, which are cool in concept, are annoying as shit because they are pretty much up to luck.

>more choice or just less rewards period.
I'm not sure what you mean by this?
It's entirely cosmetic unlocks.

bump

And hack modules. The hack modules need some serious work.

What I mean is that I wish you could choose categories for stuff. Like choose which category of hack modules youll get something from certain armor categories. Unlock keys would be cooler actually.

Because the randomness males it feel like youre just leveling up to level up, not like youre working towards anything. Id prefer that either there was no unlocks or there was some pattern so you could work towards something or you had the choice.

>Like choose which category of hack modules youll get something and like choose a specific armor category for something. Unlock keys would be cooler actually.
Fixed my shit grammar there.

THE HELL BARON WAS HUGE AND HE HAD HUGE GUTS

Would be neat if they included doom 3's combat drones as a deployable/disposable ally

I dunno. They were a little TOO effective.

Where do demons shit? Its implied they eat through the Linky codex but where do they shit?

It's the same reason the old helper dog mod was op, low profile

The circle of sloth, they don't care

Since D44M canonized every game and every .wad, I think I've put together the pieces on parts of the entire Doom timeline. It all makes sense once you realize the .wad airing order is not the chronological order, and that the only timeline that matters is Doomguy's personal timeline since he's traveling through alternate timelines and universes.
>the original official games from Doom1 to Doom64/Final Doom happen first
>brutal doom happens when Doomguy has had to fight the demons again and again so he's completely lost it
>after that he reaches some sort of enlightenment and starts regarding the demon armies of endless parallel universes as his old pals who just communicate with violence, allowing him to tirelessly complete countless missions
>the more bizarre escapades, like becoming Batman or Pacman, becoming uncornerable and fighting the LAPD, and taking part in the "Extreme Doom Wars" happen one after the other when alternate realities bend like a sine wave and escalate to increasing strangeness
>hitlerkk.wad, all terrywads and wierd shit like rootpain happen one after the other when Doomguy reaches the very top of the multiversal wave motion
>on the way down the "wave" HDoom happens
>Imp Encounter happens a few realities after HDoom when Doomguy is frustrated about not being able to go back
>a handful of jumps after that he shortly lapses back to the brutal days, this is where brutal doom parody .wads happen

However, at this point the timeline gets a bit hazy. And of course the various .wads that haven't been mentioned can be hard to exactly place on the timeline.

They certainly shit when they see me coming with my super shotgun.

>my little .wad is canon

Warms my heart

dropbox.com/s/e8zaqura8kqhjzo/Wait what.wad?dl=0Hats off if you find all the secrets, theres some hot shit in there.

Why can't you be a female? 0/10

anyone for pubstomping?

So if I'm playing the campaign and I go back and do a previous level to get some secrets/challenges I missed, will those carry forward when I return to where I was? Or will I have to play the whole campaign from past that point?

It's a typical level select. Don't go back while you're in the middle of a level though, you'll lose progress.

Need some feedback for my level, basically an endless wave survival kind of based off CoD Zombies style of progression. Still in early beta, but got the barebones stuff in (haven't done the BFG room or unlock yet, still trying to figure that out)

Map name is Disodium Plant Survival

Anyways, code is BJ9YA2VC, and map supports up to 4 players.

Why are there guns in this game that aren't the Super Shotgun?

Sometimes you gotta fight your way to the Super Shotgun.

smashing pumpkins sampled doom's exploding barrels though. that has to count for something.

is it weird that I wish there were other survivors, just to have the feeling of saving people and not just avenging

What is with people saying that doomguy betrayed the knight sentinels?

From the story tablets in Hell, all I've gathered is that the "betrayer" is a demon, not doomguy, and that this demon made him his new armor.

Nope, this is one of the things I love about the Brutal doom campaign.

Trying to keep those fucks alive.

OC coming through

>The rippin' and the tearin'

There was a bit in advanced labs.. I think just after you get the bfg, there's a handful of guards holding a door as lab techs run past them

I thought after drones was tower. IIRC Destroyed argent 's one is in the first part that yo can't get back up to

what is your favorite classic level?

fuck off

Well that's just the thing. Not all the expeditions were doomed. Considering the level that the UAC had exploited hell, and the number of relics and artifacts and demons they had managed to capture they must have had a fair bit of experience in fighting demons.

It isn't like the whole disaster was unexpected either.

oh look its 10:15, time for my daily half an hour screaming routine

What's wrong with that?

>Not all the expeditions were doomed.
Except they were though. It was stated numerous times that every expidition resulted in total loss of human life. The relics, artifacts and demons were all recovered by drones and Hayden.

He specifically tells you that you're the first living human tissue that's successfully come back from hell after going there.

Go away lost soul!

Or the distant gunfire that's really intense at the start of the invasion and then dies down and soon becomes totally absent

Ack, you're right. I remember that bit now.

M..maybe he was lying though.

Swim, swim, hungry

So I'm probably an idiot but how would I go about making an airlock system (one door is locked while the other is forced open, press button to swap) in snapmap? I originally assumed it's work with the sequencer but it isn't working.

You can use a boleen if you feel lazy. Set the button to swap between true and false then test after 0.1 seconds.

True would lock door one and open door two
False would open door one and lock door two

Thanks. It works so I don't care if it's the lazy man's way.

>Boleen
>Not reading the tip of the day
Just

Gates are your friend. Set a false/false gate by your switch, and start with one door Always Open and one door Locked.
On Button Pressed, Test Gate. Set the XX result to lock the first door and open the second, and also have the XX result set A to True. Now make the XOR test result the reverse of the first, opening the first door and locking the second, and also have this test result set the Gate back to FalseFalse.

If you really want to go all out and make it a proper lock, use a Box Trigger filling the chamber for the gates B status, to be set to False on entering of a demon and only set True again once the demon leaves the box, meaning B is only true when the area is demonless, and replace XX and XOR with XOR and YY respectively, the doors will not cycle unless the area is clear.

Even more better, use two gates, the first is in charge of locking doors and the second is in charge of opening them, the first being set to trigger on button push and the second being set to trigger only as long as there are no demons in the room, meaning you hit the button, both doors lock, once demons are gone the second door opens automatically. Now throw in a delay node between the second gate and the door and have it's triggering also set off a series of steam FX and a 3D speaker in the room so it feels like it's pressurizing or cleaning the air.

I expect areal effort on this project Carlos, and I want it on my desk by Tuesday morning.

I think you missed the part where i said the lazy way. While you're giving out mapping advice, is there a way to trigger a camera at the very start of the map the second the player spawns in? I've tried just about everything.

Anyone have any tips for ultra-nightmare?

Shoot the demons
Don't get shot

Why the fuck would you willingly CHOOSE to be lazy, instead of actually giving half a fuck about putting effort into something? You clearly care enough that you're going through the effort of making a map, why bother if you want to do it half-assed?
Figure it out yourself. Fucking kids these days I swear.

I'm the user who he wrote the lazy boolean method for. This is my first foray into any kind of map making and simple scripting. At the moment a lazy method is better than none. Then when I have more experience I can go back and optimise all my older content with newer knowledge.

Because all he needed was a simple airlock. Open door A and close door B. Not need to complicate it when the user asks for a simple open and close. If he wanted more, sure, I would have given him something similar to yours.

The Snapmap references and puzzles are a nice way to ease into logic for D44M. I'd recommend playing with them a bit and making a test map for when you want to start putting crazy shit into your map or are just curious about an interaction.

Can anyone recommend and decent mission snapmaps that actually have some content in them?

I'm fed up of empty hallways with some half assed spawns and nothing but a terminal in them.