Should I buy gold/silver?

Should I buy gold/silver?
if so which one and where do I buy it

The smart money's getting in palladium.

buy from the coin shops and gold smelters.. expect to pay some sort of premium for physical gold tho

I would just buy an ETF where it's entire assets ir silver and/or gold

when rich people buy gold, they just own Krugerrands.

Dont buy from shill houses like US Money Mint or whatever that shit is on TV. Just Buy Krugerands.

A 1 oz. Krugerrand is about 1,400.00

Apmex is pretty decent. Safe and the premium is reasonable. They seems to operate on high volume so they dont try and fuck you, plus their prices on ebay change with the spot price so you can buy during small dips.

I have Gold from Xetra(stored at clearstream for 0,3% commission per year)

Gold is about to drop

You missed this train, OP.
You're about a year too late.

Sorry to ruin your day...

Why? (just curious about your sources)

hopefully

at the limit

I'll probably get this coin, What are the chances prices will go down?

Apmex it is

Because of the oil prices?

precisely, oil and gold will go down together usd and stocks will rise short term

Makes sense. Thank you, senpai.
I will be selling all my Krugers to the SAR coming week then.

it should dip in oct. you still have time

October it is. Especially with that shit the chinamen have planned with their currency then...

how low will it go?

that nobody knows, but come October I will be getting out of oil and gold, then back in when it dips low

I bought some Krugers in August last year and I'm up around 20% now.

20% in a year is great, mang! Time to cash out, I guess.

Thats awesome. 20% is great.

Those coins are on E-bay right now. Go add yours.

What do you mean, E-bay?

I sell them to a bank or to my SAR connection. It's certified and I get more in the SAR because of the currency.

~ 10kg @ $16

Never thought as far as how to unload it. Don't really need the money though.

Where do you sell gold coins without losing too much money from fees?

You could try asking a jeweller to pay you the current marketprice if he needs some 24k gold without paying for fees himself.

That way you both save some money.

I don't know it'd be legal though, because that would mean melting down currency.
Let's just say nobody needs to know about it then.

Really? No love for silver? I inherited a sizeable non-junk coin collection and I'm wondering how it'll appreciate over time.

>Less supply than gold
>Industrial use
>Also a safe investment in economic crisis

Mining and acquisition ETFs are pretty solid from what I've seen so far? Why wouldn't silver also rise alongside gold?

Silver's value has been literally dropping for hundreds of years. You'd have to buy massive amounts that would be better spent on gold to ever see a modest return from it.

>yfw you realize silver price is artificially kept low at great effort erry day
>yfw it can only go on so long

why do people say this? what makes you think its being kept down?

Probably similar to the chances they will go up

Also people like krugerands because they contain 10% copper. The alloy makes them more durable so they stay closer to the same weight after years of handling. It's also why people avoid canadian maple leaves. Those are pure gold and not as strong.

The best way to sell with low fees is to sell to a buyer, not a seller. If you sell to another collector they will be happy to pay more than any store would, because you can meet them in the middle and get closer to market prices.

Because it couldn't possibly have gotten cheaper to obtain after we discovered how to exploit oil

>Paying $62 extra per ounce, lel.

Just buy a precious metals ETF with low expense ratio or buy gold miner stock. You will get the same desired exposure for cheaper. Now if you want to be a Jew and rub gold for fun, you can go ahead and spend extra for some company to profit off your shekel rubbing fetish.

How do you buy and sell physical gold?
Is it practical to do it if you aren't worth $100k+? Is it even necessary to add gold to your portfolio if you're poor?

Well Deutche bank outright admitted that they, and other banks, have been heavily suppressing the price of gold and silver for decades.

It's practical if you do it in personal sales. You can get stuff pretty close to spot that way. Some people will even trade at the silver to gold ratio so if you manage to find silver at or under spot you can swap it for gold at a low expense. It's a hobby but don't expect to make a lot.

I meant more as an investment. It's not worth the trouble if you haven't got a lot of money to put in it, right? So I'd be better off buying ETFs and mining stocks?

I was looking through the sizable silver coin collection I inherited from my grandfather earlier, its about 50oz of silver (and a little gold) mostly in commemorative coins from the 80s+90s and a few morgan silver dollars from the 1880s in pretty good condition though they aren't worth much more than spot. There is one 1884 Carson City uncirculated silver dollar which does look to be quite rare and is worth atleast $200. Been thinking about liquidating them over the course of a few months and just adding the cash to my index fund, I do like collecting precious metals but silver doesn't seem to be gaining much ground above $20/oz.