/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Make a new thread, you lazy fucks edition.

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

FIRST FOR PISS

IF I UPLOAD A SWASTIKA TO STELLARIS SO I CAN PLAY AS SPACE NAZIS WILL I GET PUT ON SOME SORT OF GOVERNMENT LIST?

Also, can anyone post a good setup for space Nazis?

Are you retarded? there are mods that do that already

Decade, fanatic militaristic, xenophobe.

Maybe he is german.

So?
Im German and nazi mods arent blocked in the workshop

>Start a new stellaris game
>Still haven't updated to 1.1
>First anomaly is a starship graveyard adding minerals to a planet
>Planet get the anomaly and the minerals but I still can't build a mining station
>fuck this reload
>Master teaching warfare
>ragequit
I don't want to play anymore

Well as he states it was like 3 am with no light and USA uses blue uniforms too?
Collectivist, Militarist, Xenophobe, Plutocratic Oligarchy

Fleet composition.
1/2/3/4 vs 1/2/4/8

1 battleship per aura and rest corvettes

How do i make sure every planet has a fucking paradise dome, especialy nigger sector ones (building one and passing it on without allowing redevelpoment doesnt work, as the later breaks the sector ai even more)?
Cna i addit to a "must have building" sector list in the fielés or soemthing?

gee I dunno probably the bigger one wins FAGGOT

So, specialized plantes with hubs and stuff, or match resources to tiles, and fill the empty/surplus food with labs? (until you hit lategame and everything goes to labs ofc)

You are already on more alphabet soup agencies' watchlists than you can imagine because you post here, anyway.

Do auras stack?

I match. More micro but those extra 1 or 2 resources add up, but it depends on my resources

All planets must produce max science, and you should try to maintian enough energy to keep your fleets in space.

You can fix your mineral needs by simply placing the odd mine network onto a 2 mineral tile here and there.

I posted this after last thread died.

>Most of my gameplay mods still work, but my cosmetic (custom species) ones are broken.

Dunno exactly, but probably similar to my problem with the expanded colors mod. In /interface is a file customize_species_editor.gui, make a copy from your install folder, open it up, open up the version of the file from the mod, copy the species portrait section from the mod over the one in the copy, save copy, overwrite the mod version with the copy. With the expanded colors mod I had to the same except with the empire flags section instead of species portrait. Though I can't say for 100% certain that'll work since I don't know what files are in your mod or what 1.1 changed in customize_species_editor.gui, I just know that's what I had to do to get extended colors working and I saw species portraits in that same file. At least it's something to try.

The only other mod I had an issue with was one of the expanded or extended trait mods which was easy to fix because the mod had a 00_defines.lua it didn't need in it. It was causing me to get domination victory on gamestart because I only needed 0 planets for it, not sure why exactly, but getting rid of the unnecessary defines from the mod fixed it. Expanded Species Traits is the name of that mod.

Everything else worked fine other than having to go in and make it so the launcher wasn't telling me I had outdated mods, because that hurt my autism.

So do the mod/patches somewhat fix the game now or is it too early?

Mostly Energy and Research past lategame.

Also food until planet fully grows

What do you do with the primitive species ?
I invested 5 social and 5 energy into one, and they became my vassal but it feels kinda useless.

>having someone who will provide you with immigrants/ships for free is useless

wat

>vassal but it feels kinda useless.
it does indeed. I find it's often useful to release them and then conquer them :^)

Easy integration, and they provide more ships for you

>some shit tier primitive one planet owning vermin providing anything
topkek mate

>being this intolerant of xeno cultures

Fanatical Purifier detected. Get out of my federation REEEE

>having federation in first place
get out from my galaxy normie, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you faggot wannabe frogposters need to be resettled

sure looks comfy

fuck you, I was about to post that

Is it ok to ditch one of your biggest colonized planet to a sector because it would be border gore otherwise?

You can do whatever you want m8, it's your game

Jokes on you as I was there.
Sure it is.

you snooze you lose all aboard to comfy town

Yeah but is it a good thing to do or not?

Just grab the hide sectors border mod.

>border gore
what did he mean by this

>typing up custom name list
>get insanely bored

hhhhhhooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeee

You Adhd cunt.
You want to write namelists for races of the Mass Effect universe_

who honestly gives a fuck about their names

>never savescum
>decide to play ironman once for the achievements
>achievements aren't working for some reason, maybe because I'm using a custom name list
>can't disable ironman and have to deal with the constant monthly saving

Do you colonize everything that's 20+?
Or is the tech penalty retarded like in civ5 ?

>caring about achievements

hell yeah nigga gotta get that juicy planets.

The tech penalty is more to prevent large Empires from snowballing technology wise, and you'll also suffer a bit in the short run so you have to plan out your expansion. In the long run you're still better off making more colonies though, it's not like Civilization where more than a few will completely cripple you.

depends on which version you're running
the latest one has the 2% per op penalty
the beta patch has 10% penalty per planet +1% per pop
so its either civ 5 or worse than civ 5

You don't colonize planets. You sodomize them and along with any inhabitants.

>he doesn't enslave anything that moves except his own race
>he doesn't uplift primitive races and improve them, so that they may be prepared for their future as slaves
Why exterminate life when you can make use of it? That's all xenos are worth for. Automatons are too risky for labor, it is better that something of flesh handle it.

it kinda pisses me off that after early game I barely ever get any anomalies (from territories which I conquered and then survey)

is there a way to 'un-survey' planets so that you get an other chance of discovering an anomaly? or can you add a random one? all I have found is how to add specific anomalies which I honestly don't want

>inb4 consolefag
yeah I know. haven't ever cheated so far but this is really something that bothers me and all I care about is fun

from what Ive heard the tech penalty from pops was lowered from 2% to 1% and planet penalty is now 10%, so a planet with more than 10 tiles is more efficient than before

What am I supposed to gain from this?

I've changed in the defines.lua the ethics divergence from 0.1 to 0.01 but in game there's no reflect even though other stuff like 10 core planets etc still work.

Have they hardcoded this string or what the shit

BB + rangefinder y/n?

>What am I supposed to gain from this?

What 4x games are like Stellaris except not shit?

Of course not.
Do you not like blobing?
What are you some sort of faggot?

nothing

DW:U.

Is there a way to have empires show up on the map in their "proper color" without having to explore their systems? I hate the dusty look, but I also don't want to trade star charts.

Distant Worlds Universe.

It's on sale right now buy it you cheeky cunt ill hook u in the gabber m7

:U

im in the mood for strategy games atm and probably wanted to play a 4x, what should i play? stellaris seems to be approved but i only played civ2 or smth and the world of 4x is wide open for me

Its easy game.
You wont regret playing it if you pirate it.
if you buy it you will regret to support these Swedish lazy cunts.

A V R O R A
V
R
O
R
A

Do you restart on bad starts?

>60% off
That's the biggest discount I've seen for it so far, I'm guessing Stellaris has something to with it.

>mfw some alien XENO SCUM tries to trade migration passes

>surveyed 2 worled
fucking weak cunt maybe try get to year 2202

Anyone play only warp game?
How its going>?
I am tired of only Hyperspace ones.

>not being a xenophile

How suboptimal.

Man why would paradox make it so democracy means that my scientist gets voted in? Thereby making my scientist ship idle and ending the shift queue it was on. Like wtf Paradox do you hate democracy? Are you commie scum? Its happened twice in 15 years. Seriously fuck whoever thought of that.

Early game match, late game you'll get more value out of the specialized modifiers for specialized planets.

>tfw aliens with the repugnant trait keep spamming migration offers

>until you hit lategame and everything goes to labs ofc
You mean energy.
>not having completed the tech tree by 2350
>wide meme

>only two systems (including start one) in ring of influence

shit start tee bee aitch

Anyone got the 1.1-ified bb-rangefinder merge?

I actually like warp and how simple it is, though a warp only game wouldn't be that interesting.

What are some hotkeys you use in stellaris?

>his empire's name does not include the word "Dominion" in it

how does it feel being an inferior lifeform?

give me a rational explanation for my inteligent species being repugnant so I can satiate my autism

Stellaris is pretty easy to get into so I can't not recommend it.

>going to 1.1. before rangefinder updated
LoL

>not voting for blind science man

practice incestual relations to keep the blood strong

Alt+F4
Win+R ccleaner

They're socially awkward autists who only care about their science labs and neglect personal hygiene and etiquette.

Repugnant can mean anything

Being aggressive, rude, difficult to communicate with, etc etc.

Maybe they're just excessively arrogant because of being so intelligent.

They look kind of sickly.
It ties into them being weak and being sedentary.
They prefer to not take risks and move away from their comfort zones, and instead sit there and let their bodies deteriorate while thinking about how brilliant they are.
They're neckbeards.

make them molluscs

some molluscs when they're young actually do a 180 turn with their bodies which makes it so that their anus is on top of their heads, meaning they literally shit their heads

spotted the autists :^)

ctrl+1, 1
control groups

b for build

Do I buy Stellaris? It's 23 brit bongs on cdkeys and I'm tempted instead of pirating, what do you lads think of the game so far? Would you recommend

do it
Pretty good mods in work for it
Tonight's gonna have an update for one of the Mass Effect mods

Looks like a Kroot.
The custom of eating fallen enemies wud b p. repugnant desu.

huh now these I can work with
thank you

>Aurora

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Maybe the feather coloring or beak shape are thought to be really fucking ugly in your galaxy

That's not nice.

I'm not an autist actually, I am assburger though.

This.
In some alien cultures 5'10 could be the perfect height, and not at all too short.

esc