/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 29th:
1453 – Fall of Constantinople: Ottoman armies under Sultan Mehmed II Fatih capture Constantinople after a 53-day siege, ending the Byzantine Empire.
1807 – Mustafa IV became Sultan of the Ottoman Empire and Caliph of Islam.
1864 – Emperor Maximilian I of Mexico arrives in Mexico for the first time.
1867 – The Austro-Hungarian Compromise of 1867 ("the Compromise") is born through Act 12, which establishes the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
1903 – In the May Coup, Alexander I, King of Serbia, and Queen Draga, are assassinated in Belgrade by the Black Hand (Crna Ruka) organization.

>News
EU4 DD26/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-26th-of-may-2016.937696/

CK2 DD 7
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-7-get-sicker-and-die-harder.936920/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/DDRJake?ty=h
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Est_français
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Est
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

FASTER THAN A SPEEDING BULLET

In for HOI IV wirr be grorious.

>it's a russia invades the baltic episode

This time, they brought the dutch, the french and the finns.

Half my army is in africa trying to acquire lebensraum.
This may be a problem.

>1453 – Fall of Constantinople: Ottoman armies under Sultan Mehmed II Fatih capture Constantinople after a 53-day siege, ending the Byzantine Empire.
BASED.
This thread is made in the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful.

Dat 10 second delay doe lad

why is allah's name written as a 10 year old penis and balls?

Reminder to kill yourself.

I assume you need to sphere/own all of their cores, some of them are probably held by Ruskies, Chinks or some others

Show Africa. Show all the territory you control.

>53-day siege
believable worlds

This thread is claimed and conquered by Sultan Mehmed II the Conqueror for Allah.

sweet

REMEMBER THE THEODOSIAN WALLS

HOLD THE INFIDEL

REPEL THE INFIDEL

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>white ottomemes

what do I do when china doesn't have to pay me reparations anymore? go to war with them again, have a fuck over china based economy?

yeah I don't know what the fuck is up with that
I have a lot of intellectuals and my education spending is high

After sending 100K mobilized troops without any artillery, the russians quickly make white peace.
Oops.

I agree.
Hold the kafir.
Repel the kafir!

For the Sultan, for Allah, for Muhammad!

Post t*rk/ottomeme memes to celebrante the day byzaboos were finally BTFO

>Today bizaboos BTFO
>Tomorrow the whore of Orleans was raped and burned at the sake for being a disgusting whore
Best two days of the year

Is that you controlling Dai Nam? Of course your literacy is low, you're conquering illiterate people, they're dropping your literacy

Where does the profit from state-owned factories go? I can understand profit from private factories going to the capitalists who then pay part of that in taxes, but shouldn't profit from factories you built (after paying salaries and buying supplies) go to the treasury?

If there are capitalists in your nation they always go to them. If not they go to the craftsmen and clerks working at the factory.

I think it does, or at least that's how it's supposed to work

It didn't drop very much from when I didn't have vietnam to when I did

I'm thinking it's tawain. going around everywhere all japanese pops are around 68% literate

thanks crane

More like this

You have to remember it's the percentage so the number of the pops also affects. I noticed you have two Chink ports and Chinks are illiterate as hell and have huge numbers, they also probably drag you.

Also if this is HPM, you started as one of the Japanese minors. While player always rushes for education AI is retarded and never does that. So other Japanese states never got as high as they could got and that probably also helped in your low literacy

t. beady anglo

Why are mobilized troops so shit?
I'm new to Victoria 2

This shouldn't be hard to figure out. You're sending farmers and factory workers to go fight in a war with no training, of course they won't stack up against professional troops.

Army composition.

Should i mix them with my normal armies or make mobilized troops armies and add artillery/cavalry?

Sending thousands of farmers and factory marching to my beat through the Appenines. Millions dead and an army in despair. These young men knee-deep in mud, stuck in a trench with no way out.

Just another day in Vic2

That's the Price of a Mile.

:^)

37th for the underdgos:

Harpoon Admiral Edition

Supreme Ruler Ultimate

How does britain always have such good literacy with all of india? or maybe they don't, I've never played as them
it just seems weird as fuck that your research projects are hindered if you have a lot of colonies or such

You shouldn't really be mobilizing that often unless if you know you'll lose if you don't. Some people like to build armies with everything except infantry and then fill them up with mobilized troops, although keep in mind mobilized infantry will always be weaker than infantry you build. Also, mobilization hurts your economy, and so relying on it for every war is a bad idea.

You should try to stay away from mobilizing as much as possible. It's usually a bad idea

This is actually a major fault with Vicky.

During WWI for example, conscripts were actually trained - only Russia refused to train more than a handful of troops and it led to major issues.

In Vic 3 it should be an option of either just forcing them straight into the army for weaker units but much faster mobilization or longer and more expensive training them

HOI3 did conscription better desu

acquires lebensraum and black vagoos

gets banged @home

You are welcome, but OTTOKEKS destroyed a great empire and did a good WERK for the international jew that sad day.

The way I see it, it punishes the player for not having an adequate standing army.

If you're patient enough and your economy handles mobilization at all, sure. The only reason people don't do this as nations that don't have a large standing army (mainly talking about Germany, Russia, the US, Japan, civilized China and the UK) and have enough money stokpiled for over an year of war is either lazyness or large egos.

HoI3 did everything combat related better

TRUMP WILL NEVER BUILD ANY WALL EXCEPT MUH HOTELS

TRUMP CAN'T EVEN PROPERLY TALK ABOUT WATER MANAGEMENT

Can someone explain why is Prince Philip not King jure uxoris?
They do have training though, experience is not 0 when they pop up, is it? Anyway, they are shit because mobilized armies are full infantry, they lack cannons and horses to make them kill more and die less. A mobilized bunch of infantry with proper cavalry and backline support will perform the same as a professional one

Literacy only counts full states.

>another iron shortage
Every fucking time

But colonies drop your education efficiency. Just tested it in the game, started as Spain, took the first screenshot just at the beginning of the game, took the second after changeownering Morocco to me.

>8
>10
>18
lmao git gud scrub

happy may 29

That's because the percentage of literacy changed actually counts the whole country, while the literacy itself only counts the homeland. It's weird, but that's why your literacy rate on both screens are 12.8%.

It's just da white people keeping a brotha down

What happened to Napoleon lad?

I also really wish Victoria 2 would let me build reserve divisions that reinforced when I mobilized (like HOI 3). I almost never use mobilization because it's such a hassle.

Hmm. So would the literacy at the end of the month would be same? I can't test this now, I just quit V2 and enter MKX. I thought the education eff in the mainland also drops because you're trying to educate more land, making education a little bit harder

I'm fairly certain the tooltip ends up being misleading - the number will show you how much of all your pops (colonial including) will increase literacy overall, but the literacy that matters will only count in non-colonial land.

Vicky 1 had a system of like this, IIRC you used to spend 40 canned food and 40 small arms to train 4 reserve divisions, I think they used to show up as basic bitch infantry, nothing special

Bullied into depression.

Pretty much, education efficiency is calculated per provice. If Madrid has 4% intellectuals for the entirety of the game, it'll have max education efficiency (other than the tech and modifier boosts, of course) for the entirety of the game, even if the rest of the country's provinces (both in the mainland and in colonies) have 1% intellectuals.
The education efficiency you see in the tooltip is just the average of the entire country, which includes both pops and intellectual percentage for each province.

>implying vic3 won't just be simplified combat from EU4

Beady anglo kicked them all out. Napoleon lad, Newpoopan, France mini-mod guy, all gone.

Can anyone recommend something that is pretty comfy, and somewhat low spec, would appreciate lads

I've got the right game for you coming up on June the 6th.

Looks like another subhuman neighbour is about to get its shit kicked in.

HPP gives you the chance to continue the war after initial battles rather than make peace, which I might do since I'm on a roll right now and anime has to spread in all directions.

does anyone have one of them paintable maps of europe with victoria 2 province borders?

FtG

What is it

I have this lying around but I don't know how great the quality is

kek

HPM Version

It's but without the autism, made with love specially for you in Sweden.
To find more, donate to DDRJake's Patreon.

>iron shortage still happening
>no one can produce steel
>no one can produce canned food
>no one can produce anything that requires iron directly or indirectly
Fuck this

When I play CKII as the Gaels in Scotland and I'm trying to conquer Pictland, would the culture automatically blend Irish and Pictish into Scottish?
Do you think there's a chance of us realizing what language group Pictish belongs to and it won't be classified as Brythonic?

But I want autism

Link?

t. butt blasted kraut

This is a great template desu, it's a shame it never took off

patreon.com/DDRJake?ty=h
look at how little he's getting, he deserves much more.

A*glos ruin everything, don't they?

>Kaiserreich
>Invading Qing as Japan after taking RepChina and Mongolia, and putting down the rebels in Manchuria, Korea and Formosa (guess we'll forget about Transamur).
>Qing Empire went for "How humiliating! Let's sue for peace."
>Qing Empire has accepted our peace offer.
>War cancelled, all lands back to Qing, units teleported to Tokyo.
>We went with Total Conquest is preferable in Qing Empire was defeated.
>+10 dissent.
>Nothing happens.
gr8

kaiserreich the vicky mod or DH mod?

which one should I play by the way

CK2 one

>2016
>Implying the regional borders didn't change this year

Pleb

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Est_français

The one that will come with HoI4 :^)

thgnakes

Germans btfo

Which Minor Nation are you most /hyped/ for?

In english
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Est

Britain

Presuming you're talking about the AAR, nothing happened to it. I posted to the conclusion of the Anglo-French war yesterday, and I just woke up a couple minutes ago. I'll be posting again as soon as I finish breakfast.

>play as colombia
>"oh you're a democracy you can't declare war on other stable democracies!"
>Panama is a democracy
>the US is a democracy
>literally all neighbouring nations are democracies but Brazil
>best you can do as republican Colombia is either stay neutral for the entirety of the game or war fucking Brazil
bravo, Paradox.