Ace Combat General #223 - /aceg/

Waifu Edition.

AC7 Trailer: youtu.be/_zuBSUJfpBk
Update 13 trailer: youtu.be/y0Kyw7xXFvg
>
[mega.nz/#F!Zs8nSQQB!oAp4FFtvBmgu4MHwnKU6dQ!Ykl10IIJ]

>
Gold box? It's probably 30 tickets
Ace Combat 7 has been confirmed to return to Strangereal. VR equipment will not be required to play the game.
New co-op tourney up, nothing notable to fight for
An user is making an AC inspired PC game: rb-d2.tumblr.com/
Someone else is making an open-source thing based on AH assets: zxstudio.org/blog/author/razgriz/
Rumors of a PS4.5 coming Fall of this year to go along with PS VR's release
VGL6 soon

>
[asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/] (use Text to export the build into a text format)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3cslPrZxq8k&index=32&list=PLL8LTXpdPwE732d5p_1MQRTwclaSIrexR
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for [embed]

Mmm, smells great in here. Smells like brand new.

It's like no one even tries anymore.

Yo man where the fuck is the thread theme

Ritsuko is my waifu.

You fucks let this shit happen dont you faggots? You've doomed the general for OP's pic and edition

You all had your chances. You asked for this.

>when no one makes a new thread, it falls to weebs who make shit threads and then play the 'you asked for this' card when you tell them they made a shit thread

What the fuck man

Also I submit link related for thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=3cslPrZxq8k&index=32&list=PLL8LTXpdPwE732d5p_1MQRTwclaSIrexR

So, what shall we talk about that isn't related to ace combat?

I guess this is weeb edition, so anime & manga?

Puchitalk

This will be a good thread.

This will be a good thread.

Make a new thread? Becuase this is too fucked up

Fat edition.
Macross, clearly.

So any streams today? ACbro, Computerbro, you guys streaming?

Also, what's you guys' favorite super plane?
Gotta go with the XFA-27 myself

>captcha: dijon

When I was a kid, we didn't have nice plastic slides the way they do now.

They were sheet metal, and it wasn't one piece either, it was multiple pieces with exposed rivets. Those things were like burning cheesegraters in the summer.

Has thunder completely given up on streaming?

No idea, it's been days. It's almost like everyone has. Computer bro's stream yesterday felt like the first in weeks

>he doesn't realize you can't delete Veeky Forums threads
The best way to go about this is to not bump this thread but you did anyway. You asked for this.

Let's roll with this, the children will eventually accept it or leave altogether.

Puchis are back, full force. We /puchi/ now, muthafuckas.

I don't feel like playing ace combat, and I'm no longer going to tell you guys if I'm streaming something that isn't ace combat.

Puchis are back!

I don't have any pictures ma man, but here's my pose: \o/

4puchis

shhiiiiieeeeeet, I remember those, by JianDaoXiao.

Here's what I have: Sphyrna, Su43, Sepia, Delphinus#3 and the F15STMD Eagle+.

YOU WANNA TRADE DUDE? XD

I haven't got any, but post that shit nigga

XFA is the best superplane.
Weren't for euro hours I could start again, but I don't know what would be a suitable subject for us.
Did thunder finish the AC2 run?

Ok here goes!

4nemo

No idea man, I didn't even know he was doing one. It's like he's dropped off the earth. Can't say I blame him, he got shit on pretty bad a few threads back

Pretty grainy pham

All I got, they're all scattered throughout the internet in varying degrees of quality. I should have saved them back then, in the glorious days of ES.info.

Pretty cool though. I found the guy's photobucket, it's mostly assorted random screencaps from the games, doesn't look like he made many of these, unfortunately.

OMG yea, looking at it now, he WAS a model nut, now I remember!

Also why in the FUCK isn't the Delphinus #3 in infinity

Topkek, this is him landing a Geopelia on Neucom's stealth carrier xD

I knnow man, shakingu my heddo nano

> xD
Kill yourself.

PEW PEW hater!!!

Last thread
Why did /@/ make the new thread? It's shit.

We /@ceg/ now.

Alright! Finished browsing through his photobucket, mostly screencaps but I found this at the very end (or beginning, chronologically speaking), an old fan wallpaper for a Delphinus#4. I don't know who did it but it's a keeper! I had this but it was half the res, this one is the original size as I remember.

>delphinus #4

They better fucking make this

PLEASE NAMCO, I KNOW YOU'RE HERE!!!

Bartlett looks like George Clooney.

>it's an /aceg/ REEs about shit they don't like again thread

Holy shit, this IS Clooney!

Puchi-Haters as they witness our glorious general

Captain Bartlett during the Belkan War.

Is he the dude you shoot down over b7r who's running from schwarze?

Nope, that's Pops, from AC5.

He basically is Clooney. Jim Cummings(?) even manages to sound similar to him, if a tad bit higher-pitched.
No, that'd be Pops, the pudgy and balding guy.

My fave here, was my desktop back in 2006-2007

He does appear in that mission as well, though, as one of the Osean fighters. I think he's flying either an F-5E or an F-14D.

Good shit right there man, excellent taste.
I myself had this for a pape for a long time

Whoops, meant this.

Far-out, is that based on a game?
Aaaah, the minimalist wallpapers, good stuff

The trippy one is album artwork from a Mastodon album. And yeah, minimalism is a great way to go

How has infinity been treating you @ces lately?

The Disk 1 is serviceable, definitely playable, but I wouldn't have released it in the state it is right now (mostly because of OCD).

>away for like 5 days
Despite being afraid to ask, what did I miss?

>VGL6 soon
Eh, it's actually already happening. Today the qualifying round will be over and we'll have the group draw. /aceg/ is playing next Friday/Sunday or Saturday depending on it. I probably won't be around to comment so anyone willing to check on the draw be my guest

GOING TO MAKE MY OWN INFINITY

From kinda-OCD to another OCD, what bothered you the most?

Remind me, are we guaranteed a qualification from VGL5?

Some typos, some missions have different fonts, a few tidbits of the interface aren't translated but that's not really annoying. The archive not being translated annoyed the fuck out of me though, as the project has been undergoing for years, and as far as I know the lack of translators has NEVER been a problem for them. Ever. Since the goddamn inception of the project.

>Some typos

This is so true, they do pop up from time to time. More QC was needed.

>some missions have different fonts

I played all of CD1 and the fonts looked pretty consistent across the board. The TV stuff has one font, the gameplay itself in the missions has another. Plus I think a slightly different font during the ending cut-scenes, IIRC.

>a few tidbits of the interface aren't translated
Yea man, like the blue menus, kinda bothered me as well when launching the game after patching. I went "Is this really translated?" for a second there.

>The archive not being translated
>as far as I know the lack of translators has NEVER been a problem for them.

I check the blog from time to time, a lack of translators is mentioned from time to time, it's in the latest update too, "problems with the translating."

>I played all of CD1 and the fonts looked pretty consistent across the board
The font changes midway through a mission, and I remember that one mission had 3 different fonts.

>a lack of translators is mentioned from time to time, it's in the latest update too, "problems with the translating."
Spoiler: at least two of the founders member speak japanese and from what I recall they are even pretty good at it.

Sounds like the problem is with the management.

>the story of bandai namco

What, you're talking about Project Nemo? The biggest _concrete_ problem was that they lacked a programmer for actually cramming the shit in the game and that has been taken care of in late 2014/early 2015. IIRC actual work in the translation restarted only then.
The deal with the archive being untranslated is excusable if you ask me, even if they are ESL.

>ESL

English as second language? At least three of them are native language, either from the US or the UK.

DSXIII isn't a native english speaker and unless I'm mistaken he's one of the two people that know japanese.

Been following the project since their early days, Dragon used to show up on electrosphere.info every once in a while to chat. Here's some tidbits.

He's from the US living overseas, their webmaster Iceman-UK is from the UK and the third guy who they started with in 2009 is either american or english, the guy who translated the whole game (missions at least).

No idea about the others, but the above is straight from the horse's mouth.

>He's from the US living overseas
He was born there, but his native language isn't english. I think I talked to him via Electrosphere as well. We could just ask him the next time he shows up.

>someone else from ES
>mfw

I'm not from ES, I merely made an account there for seeing all of the sections, some were hidden from guests for some reason. And why are you surprised anyway? A lot of the shitposters from here reek of ACS. One of its mods or something (raptor red) even posted here saying how not even the fucking staff could handle the cancer anymore.

>One of its mods or something (raptor red)

Oh, Ribbon-Red, the mods were almost all Ribbon-*color*.

Yep

>dat shaking

Superb. Time for Nemo to autopilot us to ultimate victory

His name here was RaptorRed or something, I could even link you to the post I mentioned if Daiz wasn't an incompetent fuck and killed archive.moe.

Ah ok, nvm then. It's been such a long time, memory's failing.

>page 8

Get some puchi up in this mother!

>Ded
So, anyone seen New York Fleet Week?

RARE PUCHI

Nope, was the Bataan there?

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it either. I was hoping someone had

>deder

You asked for puchis ?
You earned it.

Delet this

No tits.