/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Previous sortie: A thread for all simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

/fsg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997
Or whatever is on the group's profile

BMS download links
mega.nz/#!0BlTkazA!VUwoKAzavtJ3qIUy7lEF8D8MFjbI_Si-r6nwC3wQZYQ
mediafire.com/folder/54569phfy8au7/BMS4.33_setup
e-haf.org/PublicFTP/320/BMS_4.33/Falcon_BMS_4.33_U1_Setup.zip

Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

Silent Hunter 3 pastebin:
pastebin.com/jNSvhFfY

Dangerous Waters pastebin:
pastebin.com/qvxk755r

FPSchazly's Dangerous Waters tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSvzqNmdX71x2COOyM-p2qHIpRNOvpGQ

Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Example of welcome sims:
Falcon BMS
DCS World
Rise of Flight
IL-2
Combat Helo
Microsoft Flight Simulator
X-Plane
Euro truck sim
Assetto Corsa
rFactor 2
Live for Speed
SAM Simulator
Steel Beasts Pro
Steel Armor: Blaze of War
Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
Silent Hunter
Train Simulator
Farming Simulator 2015

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm* 3
Ac* Combat
W*r Thunder
World of ____

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=75j_TINcBmY
youtube.com/watch?v=2Qg4ouwpxH8
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464556239437.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for planes that will never happen.

gods plane

nth for furries ruin everything

BMS ops WHEN

Ban Jester WHEN

youtube.com/watch?v=75j_TINcBmY
F5 live.

wtf he just took off and that was it?

But of course my friend! Do you doubt what ED has to offer? As you can see this plane at take off is already worth at least 70$.

BUY MORE MODULES

lmao wat
He said he was going to show an A/A and an A/G segment and then he just randomly shut it down.

They really need to hire a community manager, that actually does things.

On the next stream my friend! Until then why not preorder this quality module? Surely seeing an F-5 taking off is worth 70$ right?

BUY MORE MODULES

>Surely seeing an F-5 taking off is worth 50$ right?
It is from BST imo.

E-8 > F-16

I'm still salty that we're getting the most boring harrier and not a radar equipped one or a GR9 but it's good to know Razbam aren't wasting all their time on BR meme shitplanes.

>He said he was going to show an A/A and an A/G segment and then he just randomly shut it down.
No he didn't?
Also, jeez wags is shit at taxiing.

You will get the radar equipped one (and the GR9 if they can help it) but not until ED pulls its finger out of its arse and finishes the ground radar tech.

I actually doubt we'll see a GR9 after this variant, it just wouldn't sell well if there had already been a USMC harrier available. I doubt extra pylons and fancy TGPs would encourage anyone but the hardest britaboo to buy a second very similar variant of an aircraft they already own.

Wouldn't the GR9 be literally FREE money for RAZBAM?

Ehhhh, idk. If the GR9 was released, their AV-8 would have already been out for ages. Personally for me to buy a second harrier variant it'd have to be significantly different, like a Sea Harrier (either version) or something.

I mean, making a GR9 wouldn't take that much effort if you already made the AV-8, right? And besides you can be rest assured that someone will always buy your shit (see: VEAO, shitty trainers, WW2 birds that have absolutely fuckall to do IN DCS).

The problem comes from all the systems modelling. The night attack version and the AV-8B use US system, the later having the radar from the F-18; the GR9 however uses an entirely different system design (which is one of the reasons they're not doing it first despite it winning the vote, they don't have the documentation for it).

Upgrading the NA to the B would probably be quite simple, the GR9 however would likely mean having to redo half the whole module.

Just give the existing owners a big discount and you're all set.

Hope it doesn't fall through desu.

How many tracks can the F-16 bug in TWS?

Wags did an F-5E video.
youtube.com/watch?v=2Qg4ouwpxH8

Yeah it's been posted, looks *very* simple.

Slavs BTFO at their own design philosophy.

Isn't Combat Air Patrol supposed to be nothing but that?

CAP2 is a different harrier and will be FC3 style simulation with a few clickable MFD buttons afaik.

Wow, even Wags thinks the forums are shit.

How'd you come to that conclusion?

At the start of this video he says

"This makes me really appreciate the job here, pretty much offsets the discussion forums"

Blue flags ops now

Wags secretly or not so secretly hates the community or at least the forum community.

He had a "reading the forums will lead you to suffering from tourette syndrome" in his signature.

Blueflag now

Serious question, why do these trees have heat signatures?

BLUEFLAG NOW WE NEED PILOTS

Because 1.5 fucked FLIR.

Because of the way it's coded, DCS doesn;t have a thermal texture like arma for example, i don't really know how it works desu, it seems to be a negative image plus something added to it.

Any landing you walk away from...

I haven't been able to touch vidya for 3 months because BMQ. Is the M2K good yet? Would it be better to wait for the F5E? Shame it won't have Mavs.

Never forget

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464556239437.webm

;_;7

Why shouldn't they?

If anyone cares.
>not the super tucano
>all of my why

>gay old version without cool mfds
Fuck that.

Didn't the "people" from the ED forums explicitly say that they wanted the Super Tucano?

We're getting both. Calm your tits

I wish we could get a prop plane that could fire AIM-120s or R-27ER/Ts

Giving DCS a try after a few years away from simming, I used to do IL-2 so this is my first fast jet sim

Man is it hard to see anyone, at 1600x900 other aircraft seem to be basically invisible unless they're right on top of you

I did the dogfight instant action mission with the SU-25T and after the first head-on pass couldn't pick up the A-10s again without cheating with external views

Do you have any advice for situational awareness? Or is it simply a matter of getting gud

do the graphics settings have any effect? I have everything set to low I think.

Are we? I've seen nothing about the super tucano (other than everyone rightly whining about not getting it).

Do you have model enlargement turned on?

Model enlargement. Also the lower the resolution the easier it should be to see them, you've actually got an advantage over us with 1080 monitors, git gud.

Turn your ground textures into a blur and it'll be a bit easier to see stuff.

There's a difference between reflected heat and exothermic heat, and the trees in DCS are apparently putting off more heat than a tank's engine

You have proof of your claim?
You doubt the professionals over at ED?
You a pilot that has a TGP at home?

BUY MORE MODULES

>tfw ED still uses the shitty explosions

>it's okay when bms does it

Nothing like coming home after a hard night's work.

BMS' aren't shit though, especially since they're running under dx9.

They look fake as fuck.

????

I have model enlargement set to medium.

Here's what I mean when I say these guys are invisible, the right is zoomed out only barely from the left, but it's like a switch is flipped

is this the model enlargement kicking in? Should I try turning it off?

>is this the model enlargement kicking in? Should I try turning it off?
Yes, no. Try setting it to high, maybe use labels for getting you accustomed, and keep this in mind: in all other sims model enlargement is native, and something done out of necessity. In DCS it became a thing like 4 months ago tops (and some suspect only because the devs tried playing with the Oculus Rift and couldn't see jackshit, which sounds really plausible) and its handled like ass. Most of the retarded community is actually against model enlargement too.

This just in volumetrics in games look bad.

>kill everything at beslan
>no enemies in sight
>3 of us land
>huey landed troops
>beslan repairs itself anyway
>enemy Mi-8 spawns fully started up and with 23mm cannons
>kills us all

Why is this bullshit allowed?

Proprietary Embraer avionics, gibe monies befor plos

capture sochi pls

GET REKT BY MI8

bodied

OUT
FUCKING
SKILLED

Absolutely fucking removed

I chuckled.

Yeah, the implementation of enlargement is pretty fucked. An user here created a model visibility mod that you can find on the forum.

And that's why you don't land all of your planes at once, leaving one in orbit of the field if it's contested.

Fucking idiots.

>i didn't hit the IFF button

admittedly, picking hostiles that are extremely close to friendlies is absurdly tricky when your only way of slewing left/right is with the nose

how autismo am I for wanting this thing in DCS

I mean I guess an A/MH-6 would be a bit better because better engine and more useable payload, but I dunno man I just have the biggest boner for Loaches.

Well I meant to make it about the R-13M1.

Right now its seeker head is insane and will lock so far off boresight that I have literally no fucking idea what it is looking at.

Not even autistic for wanting a Loach

All the IR missiles are like that right now, shit's retarded, ironically they somehow fucked the IR seekers up while patching the radar.

I've been able to have some fun with it being fucked up like that in multiplayer/blue flag, though, if you're in a 1v1 fight you can get some sneaky off-boresight shots off in the current 80s blue flag mission.

F-15s generally have more than enough energy to outrun them, but if you make them go slow, you can punish 'em with the shitty r-60s still, r-13s just eat them up as well, I've just been using the r-60ms to spam with the extra off-boresight capability.

Also it's basically mandatory to use the "game" IR missile pipper rather than keeping it locked to the center like it is in the real MiG, otherwise you literally have no way of finding out what the fuck your missiles are trying to aim at.

Leatherneck is a mess.

I want to be able to drop smoke grenades out the doors if we get it

Everyone wants an O/A/MH-6 user, even if they don't know it yet.

>everyone wants another light chopper, only this time one that can do even less than the gazlel

speak for your self.

Why are all the scrubs flying the MiG-29 now? That thing has an Arma tier flight model.

Because they keep ripping the wings off of Su-27s.

Apparently throttling back and watching your speed are too hard, so is fighting with careful movements of the stick so to not over-exert the aircraft.

They think you can just yank and bank at max cruise speed and get away with it.

>lower disc loading means better in low speed/hover situations
>no unfinished autopilot to fight for control with
>minigun and/or rockets instead of ATGMs, so you can kill more than four things in a single sortie

The only thing the Memecopter has on it is the sighting system.

Kill your selves.

I've explained why nobody flies the flanker so many fucking times already.

Its just complete shit in every way.

I've been destroyed F-15's by my self in the MiG-29 because I can actually defeat missiles 9/10.

In the Su-27, the only way not to break your wings is slowing way the fuck down, but then you get hit because you are too slow.

Fulcrum gods plane.

>I'm a shitter who only buys modules for the armament
End your life.