/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Last thread hit image limit! →

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!

>News
DR3 anime to be split into two parts, "Future" and "Despair"
famitsu.com/news/201603/26102228.html

Famitsu scans for upcoming DR3 anime:
i.imgur.com/tJ0SWA6.jpg
i.imgur.com/aW1rhbs.jpg

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2016 on PSVita and PS4.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=FfMqURJ3ZfE
Dangan Ronpa 3 will be a new anime scheduled for release in 2016.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=R9AQjGxQGdw
DR3 Subbed PV
youtube.com/watch?v=z3imyvTO3JA
Interviews with Danganronpa Writer and Creator Kazutaka Kodaka
nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-interview-with-writer-and-creator-kazutaka-kodaka/
archive.today/4MSAe

Some new info about DR3/DRV3
gematsu.com/2015/12/new-danganronpa-v3-scrum-panic-debates

DR3 Profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143495291903/mirai-hen-character-profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143594993403/zetsubou-hen-introduction-and-character-profiles

Killer Killer manga revealed to be Dangan Ronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-09/killer-killer-manga-is-revealed-as-danganronpa-spinoff-in-3rd-chapter/.101865

>FAQ
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT

>Downloads/Manga/Novels/Character Charts
pastebin.com/fX2iAQpP

First for best boy.

I would Kiri her Giri

Makoto should before her death.

>Ultra Despair Hagakure
Is it canon?

who cares

I AM READY TO SEE THE RESULTS OF EACH DAY!! MAY THE ATHLETES BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!!

I QUESTION WHY THESE PAIRINGS DO NOT REFLECT THINGS BASED ON FRIENDSHIPS. I WOULD EXPECT TO BE WITH ISHIMARU IF HE ISN'T WITH MONDO.

ALSO, IBUKI-KUN NOT BEING WITH KOMAEDANON MAKES LITTLE SENSE TO ME AS WELL.

OH WELL LET'S DO THIS!! KIAIZAAAAAAAAAH!!!

NOT TERRIBLE. PERHAPS WE SHALL MEET AT AWA.

NO, ITS KANON

I just finished AE so I need to know if I'm all caught up for the anime

First blood... and more weapons dispensed. This is beginning to get interesting.

I doubt that would of killed denial user.

FIRST BLOOD!!! KIAIZAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
I DARE SAY NO ONE CAN DEFEAT ME NOW THAT I HAVE MY SECRET WEAPON!!

Slut's sluts

Yes it's Kanon

Her sluts have nice ahoges

FOR HOPE!
FOR JUSTICE!

But Izuru doesn't have one

Izuru is Hajime and during Hope's Peak, I'd think he would still have one as his hair shouldn't be as long.

The link to DR:AE's OST in the pastebin doesn't work, can someone post one for me?

These thread celebrities sure are boring. Time is running out for this day, it becomes too dangerous to travel at night. If they don't start picking up the pace with the murdering, I might have to provide them with some motives to do so.

Don't save thumbnails man

She just won't leave him alone huh

if everybody couldn't have their own talent, but they could pick from a pool of all the already-used talents in the games, who would excel the most

Maybe it's all in his head. That previous picture creeped me out

Well, Izuru's hair is impossibly long anyway.
You can't do that in 3 years.

I want to hate-fuck Monaca.
My dedication for Monaca will get me through this, I just know it!

Finally some more killing.

If only things had been different. If only. Probably what he tells himself every day.

Well DR logic beats actual logic so it's not impossible.

Maybe, maybe not

Naegi's a good boy

WHERE IS THE REST OF THE DEATH BATTLE

WHERE IS EVERYONE

I sincerely hope your bloodlust continues to prevail in the killing game, I too am growing bored with the abundance of living that is going on. But you will have to be patient, these kinds of things usually take days.

Not when she's around.
I need more hate / love pictures pixiv

>Inb4 arena event kills everyone

>Ultimate Manager
>Kills athletes to motivate them to fight for their lives
IS THIS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE ULTIMATE DESPAIR?!

Please do get some more. I need more Naegi/Junko pics to ads to muh folder

im sorry i just got here and i have no idea whats going on can i get a explanation?

I'm trying, but I don't want to take half the thread with this

Hmm understandable. Though could have sworn I've seen that pic before

HUNGER GAMES SIMULATOR STARRING PEOPLE WHO REGULARLY POST HERE

SO FAR I AM THE MOST NUCLEAR

sounds interesting

Ok, last one for now

You are finally beginning to see.

I have kidnapped 24 of /drg/'s past and present thread celebrities and am forcing them to kill each other to survive.

that is some next level form of bullying

>Pekofag fishes

I suppose that is what he's best at.

QUITE EXCITING

WAIT A MINUTE...
>NO PEKOFAG
WHAT IS THIS

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA

kuzuryu user, are you following through with the idea to make a VN out of DRIF through mods? If so, I can't contribute any skills, but I support you in your endeavor

>not terrible
Your backwards compliment kinda hurts, but it is nice to know other anons are in the area. What about dragoncon?

YOU SPECIFICALLY ASKED HOW TERRIBLE IT WAS, AND I ANSWERED IT SPECIFICALLY.

I WILL NOT BE AT DRAGONCON. I ONLY GO TO GA FOR AWA. HOPEFULLY YOU WILL SPOT THE ULTIMATE MANAGER WALKING AROUND THIS YEAR.

It seems it has gotten too dark at this point and the sacrifices are now hunkering down for the night. Not even they are foolish enough to risk the pitch black, it seems. Oh well, I suppose the game will continue in the morning. For now, let us take a look at the results.

It is, but with Hagakure appearing in the anime and no indication of kanon nakajima it's uncertain whether hagakure's time in Towa city will be brought up. Hell the true ending could be her staging a coup to rescue him. Then again I could also go out on a limb and say she is the mastermind, because she hates the future foundation, but it wouldn't make much sense for her to involve hagakure, whom she bonded with and saved.
Yasuke is the only acceptable one on that list, though to be honest I picture him with her alter ego, ryoko otanashi more than I do the actual junko.
Switch makoto with yasuke, cause you know, that actually happened at one point.
Picturing nekomaru and all of his lumbering straight forward awkwardness does make it more suitable.
>someone actually cosplaying as nekomaru
I honestly look forward to this, though pardon me if I unconsciously react negatively if you aren't a hulking mass of muscle. Also AWA over dragon huh? interesting, why only AWA?

>Yasuke is the only acceptable one on that list,

nope

>Switch makoto with yasuke, cause you know, that actually happened at one point.

and nope

>denial kun's death

that did NOT happen. you have NO proof that I died

And why do you think not? Personal shipping? The subtext of YasukeXJunko was as plain as day. She literally murdered him, as she did mukuro, because she would feel a ridiculous amount of despair over losing someone she loved. Sides, Otanashi wouldn't stop obsessing over him, she speaks for junko's heart. As for the second point, at the very end of DR0 Yasuke tried to strangle Junko to stop her. It's a fitting canon point.

Not him but the one who was posting the pictures. Yes, personal preference, that's all.

How do i gain hope if my life is despair?

To each their own, honestly I don't care for junko and yasuke either. But since ryoko is the MC and it isn't a game, you aren't left with too many logical pairing for yasuke. Unless you wanted to say that he and the ultimate therapist could've had something while working on the neo world program.

Sorry but Junko moved on to bigger and better ahoges since Yasuke died.

Yasuke's ahoege is the biggest one, second to Izuru.

LIES! His was the only ahoge big and long enough to satiate her desires. The tears she cried as she killed him spoke volumes, the one ahoge that could fill the hole in her demonic soul was gone.

And then you woke up

His ahoge drove to to tears of despair. Makoto's ahoge made her die of pleasure and despair. She literally set up DR2 for round 2 with his ahoge

Makoto > Yasuke

>And then you woke up

Nigga, i am talking about sizes, i dont like shipping of any kind.

BECAUSE I AM WEEABOO TRASH WHO LIKES ANIME OR VIDEO GAME CONS OVER EVERYTHING CONS

I WILL NOT BE 6'5"+ BUT OTHERWISE I INTEND TO NOT DISAPPOINT.

TRAIN HARDER

Guess you're not a fan of jokes huh bruh

I have nothing aginst it, i just dont get it.

Why people feel complied to say two characters have a relationship? It makes expression turn in to a :T as i try to undestand.

Some people like romance, whether it be confirmed, implied or nearly impossible.

Watashi o dokoni Naegi-kun?

Hey, Nekomaru user, any ideas for Nidai in a rp? I am the same that asked about Celes earlier, with all that talk about JoJo, i think i could do a Nidai on my JoJoRonpa without botching it.

I ALREADY RP NIDAI ACROSS THE INTERNET AND HAVE WRITTEN A FULL STAND AND ABILITY FOR HIM

LET ME KNOW WHERE TO SIGN UP.

I see I made it into the masterminds posts, have my theories finally made me worth being included

also hope you guys have had a hoped filled day, had a busy weekend so I didn't really get to come up with theories. I did however get an update on my monokuma plushie. Comes in this week

delete this

Sorry bro, but the rp is done locally.

Its acually me and few close associates and they are not as willing as i thought to invite people via the net, i hope it dosen't upset you.

If its any consolation, Nidai is considered to be the coolest guy.

Insanity-kun the time you take away from your utterly crazy mind coming to with ridiculously insane theories makes me have this creeping feeling your next theory may break the general in two.

but kudos for the monokuma plushie

to be honest there is one theory that is in the works. Rather than focusing on my studies, i spent my time outlining this possible hope filled theory. I'll probably post whats been done by Wednesday

Fucking whores, each one has a harem

I, AS THE ULTIMATE MANAGER, CAN WORK WITH ANY TEAM. GIVE IT A SHOT, THEY MIGHT JUST MAKE AN EXCEPTION.

I WANT NIDAI MERCH AND A MONOKUMA PLUS
ALSO WANT COLLECTOR'S EDITIONS

that's what makes it so hot. cheating on their harems to fuck around with each other

>theory in writing
>will still be written until Wednesday
>2-3 more days of Insanity kun's crazed mind at work in this theory
>instead of studies

Well R.I.P /drg/ I knew thee well. I don't think we'll survive this next theory

I HAVE NEVER SEEN THESE THEORIES, WHERE CAN I READ THEM?

It's like a couple of threads back senpai. Unfortunately it would require some digging and I'm too afraid to go back to them again due to the pure madness of the content sorry. Though you'll see first hand the utter disregard for sanity of Insanity kun's theory this Wednesday senpai. Though I don't think our general will survive the next theory

tl;dr

dr3 is possibly a steins;gate esq platform. MC will go back in time when his or her chiaki/kyoko dies. The more he goes back, the more despair that he grows until it finally hits him that he will never be able to save her unless the past has been undone. This will cause the true hope to arise and a new timeline will be formed.

Lie bullets will be introduced when you play as the murderer in the trial (one of the three shown) since he murdered the MC. During this trial, the new MC will arise, thus you end a chapter not only being murdered, but executed aswell

Twins will die in the same chapter. No one will suspect the other twin being the murderer because of how "close" they seem. In reality, despair has been growing between them. One twin was tired of being in the shadows, so her only claim to hope was by murdering their sibling

Hi hi, /drg/! How are you doing today?

At least I didn't die first again...

Insanity-kun, you have left me in awe yet again. I'm waiting for the day you sneak your way into SpikeChun HQ.

>V3
>Stein's Gate
>seeing yourself the MC get executed
>twins killing each other

I can see why you're so feared here Insanity kun. Your theories are absolutely frightening that I need more.

Hey Komaeda user I hope your day is going well my friend.

I ACTUALLY EXPECTED THIS GAME TO BE THE GAME IN WHICH YOU ARE THE MURDERER AND MUST LIE TO GRADUATE, SO NOTHING HERE SEEMS TOO BIZARRE.

I ALSO AM A ZERO ESCAPE FAG, SO I PERSONALLY EXPECT SOMETHING SIMILAR BUT INSTEAD IT'D JUST BE DIFFERENT TIMELINES. YOU SOUND MORE LIKE YOU'RE DESCRIBING MADOKA.

TWINS IS A SIMPLE PLOT, NOTHING TOO MIND BLOWING. PRETTY COOL BY ME.

WHY DO THEY CALL YOU INSANE? DOES THIS MAKE ME INSANE WITH YOU?

HELLO KOMAEDANON! HOW HAS YOUR TRAINING BEEN COMING ALONG?

Isn't DR3 about inmates?

Why would an inmate be allowed to time travel?

Nidai senpai you only got the simple and rushed outline of Insanity kun's theories.

not that user maybe because it's the future?

and why would a hope's peak student be allowed to cause the fucking apocalypse going by your logic

No one allowed Junko to ruin the world.

She just did it.

"The two protagonists are very different and they go through twists and turns different way. For me, Danganronpa is all about those twists. Right now, I’m thinking about what to do next. I don’t know if I want to make a story set in the past or a story set in between or a sci-fi story set in the future. Once I come up with the setting that will dictate the kind of main character I come up with."

DR3 will involve inmates, but that leaves more to imagine friend. With an interest in including the future, time travel can be possible. Think about this, why are the talents locked up? Is it to save them? To contain them out of fear? Is DR2 fears about the despairs causing this acceptance of keeping ultimates from the rest of the world? Could someone had gone back in time and changed past events to reach this point?
There are so many questions to be answered, but so many theories can rise from this beautiful empty shell of a plot given to us

I WANT IT ALL

CASUAL REMINDER THAT SHE SUCCEEDED WHERE BIG BOSS COULD NOT

and that's why it shouldn't be so absurd for some inmate honestly we still don't know the deal with this inmate stuff to somehow be able to time travel

or shit have time machines seeing how it's most likely takes place in the future

What exactly did he want? MGS story is too convoluted for me.

I mean that's just awful mary sue writing, where they just say "Oh she just influenced a low caste uprising on the upper caste" I.E. 99% vs 1%.

It isn't impossible, but I mean it's just that didn't end in complete violence, it just caused douchbaggery and picketing.

Also the director said it is in the past, but it's supposed to explain the future. What that means is two ways, but you know. It's either one asshole goes back to the past, gets caught in prison by the mastermind, and is literally there as a toy and knows they want to fuck with things and their plans.

>There are so many questions to be answered, but so many theories can rise from this beautiful empty shell of a plot given to us

I have a feeling you have much more theories to this that you're keeping hidden for now for our sakes.

BIG BOSS INTENDED TO THROW THE WORLD INTO A CONSTANT STATE OF WAR, PERPETUATING AN ENDLESS CYCLE OF CONFLICT THAT WOULD:

A) GIVE SOLDIERS WHO CAN'T ESCAPE THEIR ATTACHMENT TO WAR A PLACE TO FEEL AT HOME AGAIN

B) CREATE MORE SOLDIERS THROUGH CONFLICT THAT WOULD PERPETUATE THE NEED FOR OBJECTIVE (A)

WHEN COMPARED TO HER PURSUIT OF WORLD-INDUCED DESPAIR, THE METHODOLOGY IS NOT TOO DIFFERENT.

ASIDE FROM BEING A JOJOFAG I'M ALSO A METALGEARFAG

>I mean that's just awful mary sue writing, where they just say "Oh she just influenced a low caste uprising on the upper caste" I.E. 99% vs 1%.

well danganronpa isn't known for having good story telling.....

>Also the director said it is in the past, but it's supposed to explain the future.

he said he wanted to write a story of the future where he could use all the futuristic environment and sci fi shit to break walls he can't break in the present timeline due to physic laws

the back to the future idea he's thinking about is suppose to be related to the past but be set in the future or something like that

>It's either one asshole goes back to the past, gets caught in prison by the mastermind, and is literally there as a toy and knows they want to fuck with things and their plans.

shit that's not actually that bad of an idea. is that what the back to the future 3 movie is about? he referenced that as the inspiration for his idea for the next game aka v3

Who knows, I have my ideas on some subjects revolving around this plot. To be honest I want to go more into detail revolving around Steins Gate, nidai senpai has me thinking about including madoka as well.
I had a Corpse Party influenced theory before, but it got to the point where it couldn't be used as a stepping stone for hope. It was just a cycle of always leading back to believing that the person who fucked with time travel was the same person who didnt hold on to their piece of paper once they did the ritual at the start of Corpse Party.