Dead Game Edition I suppose

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Launch Trailer -- [YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER - Join the Battle 360° Trailer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693684953
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZELBOkAd8w
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!kF4GASgC
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer/Tactics/8th_Edition/Vampire_Counts
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691006940
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691057671
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for Grimgor being the one true git.

Orcs are the most underpowered faction. You know it to be true.

I won't stop until you tell me the best mods for Napoleon and Shogun II.

So...I run this game on a new comp with a 970 and it has ran mostly perfectly this whole week, fast load times, virtually no choppiness or lag, etc.

Then today, it started getting jittery and unresponsive for seemingly no reason. Clicking any button would give momentary lag and make audio stutter. Both battles and the campaign map were getting shitty frame rates. Anyone have an idea of wtf could be going on? should i ask /g/ ?

Aksum cucked da world. Hataz did! He took an Aksum army to Britannia. There wuz NO ONE left to cuck, da wimmiz wuz his.

>Manfred and 2 of his lords against my 20 stacks of Demigryphs, Siege Tanks and Crossbow units
>Demigryphs ride through the entire army of undead zombies like it's fucking butter while they get carpet bombed by my 2 rocket units and the siege tanks

what a bunch of fucking losers

When the hell does the Lord of change event happen? I've beaten the game already, long victory, turn 170 and nothing

did nvidia update you drivers recently?

Like seriously, what the fuck?

anti-infantry versus Vampire Lords is a fucking rape fest. Auto Calc will tell you that you'll lose because of the amount of units they have but Demigryphs just fuck everything in their path if they don't get pinned down.

Undead can recruit new units on battle grounds

He hired your dead soldiers and used them against you.

>all my shit assassinated
epic
>enemy armies always JUST out of range
epic
>reinforcing armies spawn opposite each other
epic
>chaos camping my shit
epic

im pretty upset lads

VC has been a nightmare

Yes i just installed them, but i'm pretty certain I did it AFTER i noticed it starting to get choppy, hoping it would fix it. I restarted and everything too of course.

did you honestly expect a leaderless rabble of men with pointy sticks to be able to take on a lord of darkness all by themselves?

Some flash git must av krumped da chaos boyz.

no idea then. probably should ask /g/. could there be a process running in the background eating up resources?

I feel sorry for enemy heroes when they walk near Mannfred and a spirit leech devours their soul.

>Literal trash units
>Muh lord

Not that I could possibly see, I've had my comp on this week playing TW and haven't installed anything new. It worked beautifully earlier in the week and just now started running like shit.

Well I mean I killed all of the chaos invaders, including that fucking bird thing, but the advisor is still with me. I saw a cutscene on youtube showing it but I've never seen it myself

While i've played a lot of total war titles over the years, I've never really followed their support in terms of patching and optimization/bugfixes after launch.

What can i expect aside from the freelc and i'm sure tons of minor faction DLC. Think they'll work hard to appease the new crowd this game has brought in or will we need to wait for the next expansion?

got a link?

>Dorfs getting their shit pushed in
>Help them out by razing the Blood spears to the ground
>Dorfs then colonize it all
>PROCEED TO LOSE IT ALL
>LETTING FUCKLOADS OF ORCS INTO SYLVANIA

GOD DAMMIT YOU USELESS MANLET SHITS

I'm trying to prepare for Chaos and these fuckers are throwing

Our boy Dresden hooking us up. I guess.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693684953

chaos don't have an ambush stance

AI never leaves their settlements to stop raiding unless they have overwhelming odds

Chaos campaign is boring as fuck, literally one stack going around autoresolving garrisoned units because the AI refuses to engage.

Useful

Hope it works for the enemy armies as well

They tend to make big patches or dlc every month or so.

Im hoping we get a balance one soon, but they arent in a rush like Rome 2 since optimisation is generally good.

youtube.com/watch?v=-ZELBOkAd8w

FUCK. YEAH.

>leave a steam review, 63 people have rated it
>check my hours
>58.4 hours, game hasn't even been out for a week
Fuck I need help. Also I played Joey in MP and got that CA achievement. Or at least someone pretending to be her that had the achievement.

Dont feel too bad, I have 51 hours

Yeah, vampire cunts aren't in a great place right now. The only reliable unit VC has is the varghulf, and bat pups can only get you so far, especially considering they need a lord to babysit them, and they get fucked by spears.

Vargheists and terrorgheists get bogged down by mooks way too easy, it's impossible to pull them out of a crowd, and crowds are their worst enemy because no area attack.

Everything else is just inferior to their counterparts in other armies as well. Which would be perfectly fine if the vampire cunts worked like their tabletop incarnation and their strength worked around bringing your mooks back to life. But that's not the case.

What difficulty are you playing on by the way?

I have a question about the chaos corruption mechanic. I just got the chaos has spawned event, and it gives +1 to chaos corruption in all my provinces. I have researched tech and built buildings to counter this, but it keeps going. Will it stop at some point or what the fuck am I doing wrong?

Daily reminder that you do not need to think of a diverse army composition for Empire. Just take a bunch of Greatswords, 4+ Demigryphs, and 3+ Witch Hunters.

Stop trying to be original and just win with the best.

With all the stuff you have research it will trend to a smaller number, but it is gonna stick around until you kick Archaon's butt. If you spec'd right then it shouldn't that big of a problem.

Bat pups also have shit for health and Regeneration is tuned for small unit sizes so it doesn't heal for shit.

Don't forget.

Alright, so the trend number is the number were it will stop?
Thanks user!

dx12 patch when?

Hey no problem I'm here literally all day. Please end my miserable existence. Anyway have fun! Kick Archaon's pussy ass for me.

>Regeneration is tuned for small unit sizes
Why is this meme being perpetuated? Nothing's tuned for small unit sizes. Magic was just a bit overpowered previously (see the Bretonnia video they released some while back) so they nerfed it a bit too hard.
Buffs are still amazing and will do far more for an army than any damage spell.

That is a nice picture user.

>spread vampire corruption all over an enemy province
>send my ghoul king to lower their public order
>A vampire rebellion starts
>The rebels are at war with me, come and attack my army

If regeneration and more specifically magic are intentionally this bad then CA are legitimate mouth foaming retards

Because that shit is worthless. Just like all of VC.

Do you tell your Gryphs to just move to a spot on the opposite side, charge-retreat or just click on unit to kill then when it's ded click on another.

All building tiers moved down one when?
Unit stacks increased to 40 when?
Heroes not counting as a unit and instead having a limit of 1, 2 with a last unlock ability when?
90% of units being not useless when?
The AI's arbitrary movement buffs because they're fucking retards when moving their armies removed when?
Actual fucking balance when?
Map variety when?
Replacing global recruitment with unique mercenaries when?
Magic scaling with unit size when?
Massive units AOE damage and size scaling with unit size when?

Why is it that whenever CA releases a total war game they have a few good ideas that are well implemented but the rest reeks of laziness and incompetence?

Why are you expecting the game to be perfectly balanced on release? The first real patch hasn't even hit yet. If you got feedback for them then go the forums and tell them.

step it up pls

Could be worse, I have 91 hours

No you idiot, magic does flat damage, meaning that it obliterates people at small unit sizes and is like getting tickled at ultra

fuck forgot my image

Your complaints are bad and you should feel bad

>No
>For the love of god yes, with reduced upkeep first
>No
>Yes
>Yes
>YES
>Maps are pretty decent desu
>I'd like both
>YES
>YES

Their monstrous shit needs a boost like everyone else's monstrous shit. I think it doesn't help that at least for the empire it abounds in so much anti-monster shit with spearmen

Actually lemme go look up their book.

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!kF4GASgC

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer/Tactics/8th_Edition/Vampire_Counts
>you will be paying a lot of attention to the enemy's psychology because that's crucial to victory. Never forget to take a fear test or your troops lose any advantage they have.

Maybe increase the penalty of spooky spooky units? Means it'll benefit non VC spookies though.

Also magic being shitty right now really hurts em.

Looks like you have 99 problems and gaming addiction is one

Because they rush it to get those sales for minimum investment.

Thats why Warhammer is as much an oversized Rome2/Attila mod, as it a new game.

If people werent so blinded by the Warhammer factions, there would be more actual critique for everything that reeks of cutting corners.

So guys, DLC LLs, what characters do you think are gonna be tossed up?

You beat me user

Oh boy, here comes the historyfag

Why dont you keep playing M2 kid and let the grown ups have fun

I was playing hard campaign, normal battle.

Gave up when Archeon and one other Chaos stack slapped 4 of my stacks to hell and back. I had a ragtag grouping of graveguards (shielded), bats, skeleton warriors/spears, a few knights, a few monstrous units, etc.

60 units massacred, having dealt very few kills themselves.

I realize some of my mistakes now. It was a learning experience.

Has anyone tried going full army of darkness with an army of only skelly based units yet? Is it in any way viable?

What are you even talking about?

See this kind of response is the problem. The game is fun, good, why beat down on people who would like to see it better?

Stop taking the fanboy approach and feeling threatened by criticism. Lets help CA make this game perfect instead of bashing anyone who points out problems.

Rollan

>rush it
You fucking wot m8? They delayed the game a couple of times just so they could polish it.

Does the AI get a free move after attacking something?

I have seen the AI on multiple occaisions run in and sack one of my settlements and then have enough movement left to return to his own nearby settlement..

What the fuck?

Does the AI get a extra move somehow?

Total noob here.

How to use Handgunners and Imperial Cavalry effectively? I'm not really great in TW games, I played Shogun 2 casually, mostly using turtling tactics with ashigaru spam and samurai archers, but that's really it. I also struggled with gun units here. Tried to get into FotS, but wasn't able to make it.

I usually put my Handgunners on a first row, they able to make few volleys before I advance my melee row and they go behind and mostly stay doing nothing. I'm pretty sure I'm fuckin up something. Should I move them and flank enemy melee when they get pinned fighting my melee formations?

And with Cav, I get that general gist it to charge flanks and employ hit and run, they usually do great and route weak units, but sometimes they get stuck fighting and just die out and It's really hard to pull them out. What I'm doing wrong?

Also, I'm not really great with 20+ stack armies, I really get overwhelmed and abuse pause commands which I feel is kinda lame, is there any tips to get gud? I recently fought a battle against two Norsca full stacks with mine 3 stacks and that was such a shitshow. I'm pretty sure I lost most of my range units to a two dog squads.

And in a strategic plane, I struggle with initiating battles, enemy stacks just keep running around, raiding and sacking my towns while my armies chase and almost make it but stay behind one step. Even +movement advisors barely help. How to counter?

>n-no im the good guy!
Uh huh, sure thing user. You keep crying about imaginary issues then.

No one who posts
>Because they rush it to get those sales for minimum investment.
Deserves anything better than belittlement for being an absolute and utter fucking moron of the highest order.

>Empire
Valten maybe? Or maybe Luthor Huss
>Orcs
Wurrzag is already confirmed
>VC
Vlad I guess
>Chaos
If we ever get a fourth I'd like Valkia
>Dorfs
Thorek with the Anvil

Well Grave Guards + Black Knights allows for a basic hammer and anvil strategy, though Hexwraiths could probably do it better since deploy anywhere is so fucking good. Having nothing but heavy infantry and cavalry with a possible Mound King really limits what you can do, better to wait for TK to get your fill of bonermurder.

Happened to me in the Chaos campaign only, this sequence happens for the other factions too?

Turns out I'm not great at this game, but holy shit that was a close fight.

Got jumped by another army at the start of the VC campaign (not sure if it's supposed to happen like that or not) and literally only won through the crumbling after the enemy lord died

You can move after sacking. It's razing that takes all of your movement.

lol, look at this fucking tryhard.
Noone who wants the best Warhammer benefits from you, you are useless. You buy the product and dont ask for anything else.

The game is flawless for you? Ok shut the fuck up and play it and ignore anyone who wants it improved.

I have valid complaints, you dont.

You shitting up threads and forums with your mindless ramblings and baseless accusations serves no purpose at all.

So go be stupid somewhere else, shoo.

Oh, not sure. I didn't know if that was a global event or not

Just thought it was strange hearing all the buzz about that being a spoiler, but then in my game it just never happened.
I was playing empire

>complains the game was rushed, when it plainly wasn't, and was even delayed multiple times so they could get it right
No one is against pointing out TWW flaws. But dont expect anyone to take you seriously when you are so stupid you dont even know anything about TWW and claims its rushed and its a Attila mod when it isnt.

Hammer and Anvil is your friend as Empire. Get a line of Spearmen/Halbardiers/Swordsmen and then when the lines clash you move your Crossbowmen/Handgunners to the sides so they can shoot the enemy.
Same with Cavalry. Wait until the enemy is engaged and then move in from behind and charge them. Unless they're equipped with swords you want to move them out ASAP after charging so they don't get attacked from behind and get bogged down.

Don't feel bad about pausing or slowing down. I've played Total War games for 10 years now and I still do it all of the time.

The only way to git gud is to keep playing. Total War is a very difficult franchise to get into.

>I have valid complaints
>you dont.

just wow

If you're amenable to cheats (mods) then steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691006940 or steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691057671 .

The combat one I'm noticing is a bit too slow for my liking but at the very least it's nice for units to not be sanic fast anymore and to allow for greater use of projectiles.

If not:

-I was positioning handgunners on the wings of my battle line with cavalry or some kind of infantry behind them to sweep in and stand up when the enemy hits your line. Once the enemy approaches you move handgunners back, then reorient them to fire enfilade on the enemy now engaging your line.

-Be wary of charging tarpit units (big large infantry blocks. Especially true of the vampire counts) as it can be hard to pull them out.

-I don't think pause command abuse is really too lame. Being able to command like we do at all is unrealistic and because the AI is brain dead if you aren't babysitting it (see those dog squads and idle melee infantry not being able to realize "hey maybe I should move 50 feet to help the guys being butchered"). Again, if you don't mind slower combat Id' recommend that one for making it possible to actually stop and smell the roses and enjoy the sight of battle or respond to threats.

Does anyone have some strategy guides for total war I can watch, to glean so basic stuff from? I'll admit, I'm more of a auto resolver, but as a fan of the vamps, I feel like I'm getting shafted by it, when I have a perfectly good chance of viably winning.

Handgunners can't arc shots and ranged units avoid friendly fire so if you put them behind anything they'll just sit there. If you must use them have them split and flank after pulling them behind your infantry.

Different unit types are easier or harder to disengage from, obviously ones with shit melee like archers are easy where anti-cav stuff like polearms are bad news bears.

You may want to work with heavily focused armies at first, like 3 unit types and maybe some artillery, remember to use ctrl+g to make groups and shit gets much more manageable.

>The game was rushed!
False, they delayed it multiple times
>Its a Attila mod!
A completely hilarious accusation and completely false. The sheer existence of monsters, magic, legendary lords totally changes the game.
>People are blinded by Warhammer factions!
What the fuck does this even mean, you think the endless posting in these /twg/ threads on how unbalanced the factions are is somehow blind support for what CA has done?

Pfthahah, you're an idiot.

>spirit leech

Hands down the most OP move I've found. Barely misses and wrecks event generals. Made expanding against the proxy humans easy as pie early on

>Vlad
I thought Vlad was dead?

Excuse me, mr shill standard complaint acceptance committee member.

Do I have to write an appropriate application calling this the GOTY before I gently explain why its has problems.

Go to the fucking official forums if you cant handle the heat.

>tfw CA wanted to do 20 unit battles but whiners kept complaining and they finally had their way and it's only hurting the real fans

Sorry you're upset we're pointing out how stupid you sound claiming its rushed and an Attila mod when it isnt.

>kind of want not shit guns
>but feel empire is already too good

REEEE

I haven't seen it yet in my Chaos campaign, wonder what the trigger is. I've got the short campaign complete and I'm working towards 100 razed and the long campaign.

>>tfw CA wanted to do 20 unit battles

elaborate for me lad

>-slight buff to greatswords and slayers
Lmao.
>-zombies are much slower, they actually walk like zombies but their HP got major buff. Sure, they are slow, but they are very cost-effective "tanks"
And he made zombies even worse than they were before.
>-increased reload rates of ranged units
Ranged doesn't need buffs.

This guy is just like Radious - making changes for the changes sake and thus fucking the balance up even further.

>posts complaints
>anons point out they are poor complaints, and actually false
>WELL FUCK YOU SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL
Calm down

We would have 20 v 20 battles with reinforcements coming in waves as you lost troops instead of trying to micro fucking 40 units at once.

>doing quest for Grimgor's armor
>fairly unbalanced unit comp
>getting my ass handed to
>select every single unit but Grimgor
>Tell them to withdraw
>Grimgor literally solos 300+ Chaos Troops involving Chaos Knights and a Cavalry Lord

so this is the power of the one true git....

Guns are fucking great, what are you on about? They're always the big killers in my armies, often getting somewhere around 250-300 kills each battle.

Technically he is, but then again, Azhag was lore-killed before this point in time as well. Warhammer is prone to leaving important characters in the various factions as
(name) - x period - y period
And then not letting game companies make their own stuff, so as to keep the lore safe. My guess is that they'll either do Vlad von Carstein, or Konrad von Carstein. He would at least provide a melee only vamp general.

>M2
>Has monsters and new map added with mods
>this means the modders were actually making a new game

And no i dont play or intend to play M2 mods before you jump to conclusions like the retards you are.

The majority of TWW is clearly built off Rome2/Attila.

Holy shit, why are Doom Divers so fucking OP, they literally destroyed my Hammerer unit in like 3 volleys.

Oh, and reinforcements coming from the correct direction when?

As for the hero thing, I guess what I'd like to see is scrapping the current heroes and instead have 3 categories. The first is armies and their lords, the second are agents, these guys just provide passive buffs and perform actions in the world. The last are actual heroes. People from the setting that don't fit as lords. These guys are tough as hell, expensive as hell, extremely rare, and will solo entire units and each has completely unique traits, like Felix has a bonus against dragons. Then adopt a sort of battle system where one hero/lord when ordered to attack the other will initiate a challenge. A circle appears on the map and all units are forced out of it where the two of them spar. This would be a perfect opportunity to show off some neato animations like say felix is fighting someone riding a dragon and as a finisher he blocks the dragons fire with his sword, runs forward and stabs it under the chin into its brain, flinging the rider off, and then finishes him with a sword blow to the heart. Each lord and hero gets unique finishers and attacks based on the other lords. And if they get wounded they get a rivalry going with stat changes and what not. Losing a duel can cause permanent debuffs on said heroes.