/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE. You can only downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod.
-3ds.titlekeys.com/ added QR codes, allowing for games to be downloaded and installed directly from FBI
-Region changing with working eShop now available for original 3DS only, check the Plailect's guide.
-New Luma update lads. Get it here: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v5.5
-New FBI update. github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/tag/2.2.6

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing to run Loadiine and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>PSV
-Cobra Black-Fin will be released in the future, allowing piracy. It won't be compatible with 3.60.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KO-G5DVNlw4
youtube.com/watch?v=PbDLuDRgnkM
dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin,
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First

12.0 when?

you know the answer.

300 minutes

Oh, okay then. So I can uninstall BBM now?

11.0 browserhax fucking when what the fuck hurry up

that's some pretty rad 3ds she's holding

Yuki is best girl after all

>current year
>not using beetlehax

>youtube.com/watch?v=KO-G5DVNlw4

Asking for help from any xbox 360 savvy people.

If I RGH a console, and install Free Style on it, can I play ANY original Xbox game on it, or just the one in the Microsoft compatibility list?

>mfw i read the manga because of this edit

no

i watched the anime because of that edit. and never thought that i'll be seeing some real fucked up shit

Devmenu or FBI?

you can have all of them. i installed fbi bbm and dev

Where can I get Freedom Planet for wii u?
I can't seem to find it on the pastebin or wiiuiso

>boot Wii U
>go to browser
>pick hacking website and select kernel exploit
>fail
>repeat 3 times until success
>go back to website
>pick hack
>finally enjoy
>have to repeat all that every boot

Wii U hacking is painful

Why are home consoles shit that have no games?

Handhelds have been better for both 7th & 8th gen.

home console manufacturers figured out that retards will still buy consoles for 1-2 good games.
PS4 has Uncharted, Wii has Mario Maker / Splatoon, Xbone has Halo or something like that. Nobody would buy a handheld to play a single game.

>Boot Wii U
>go to browser
>do nothing because last time I used a bookmark that loads loadiine automatically
>finally enjoy
Not as good as an emunand but it will do for now
Until I ran out of non 200cc cups in MK8 and offline games

I wanted to hack my WiiU later, can dump it afterwards if nobody else does.

I'm just saying, it wouldn't even be worth getting a PS4 if a hack came out.

godspeed user.
using homebrew on wii u is surprisingly easy.

I wish the Minene clone in the new series by the same author were the main heroine.

What is this hardmod OP mentions to downgrade from a 11.0?

I have a jap 3DS with 10.7 which I can't downgrade because muh region lock (can read OoT)

Can someone link a guide?

you can just get a jap oot and powersaves

So I've been following the plaicect guide and to to the OTP part .Everything was going fine but now I'm at the part where I have to downgrade to 2.1.0. I keep getting stuck on HAX INIT... . The guide had me upgrade to 11 on REDNAND but never had me go back to 9.2. I've been following it to a T but I'm stuck.

as long as you have the firmware.bin from part 3 you're fine the hax init freeze is normal just keep trying

So I backed up my saves on one 3ds to import them on another one, but when I go to import, it gives an error opening the save archive. As far as I know, everything is in as it should be. So where am I going wrong?

Damn, alright. This is unstable as shit. Guess I'll keep trying.

Maybe those saves have encryption value that one cannot be place to another console when importing a save file. What were you using anyway? For transferring saves

JKSM, transferring the saves of 9 games. One of which was a save from someone else I'd imported on the first 3ds, but can't do so on this one.

God damn doesn't help that Luma 3DS is unstable too.

fuck just updated to 11.0

why tho

i fucked up xD

haha

Here's a stupid question that's only mildly homebrew related.
If I wear out the XABY buttons on my N3DS, is it easy to replace them instead of replacing the entire system and having to go through the CFW process all over again?

guess ill wait a few months and see if they made a 11.0 homebrew

homebrew yes downgrading no need a hardmod

im from /b/ so im a dumbass so what do you mean

I do not know that feel.

nintendo patched downgrading in 11.0 even worse than before that there may never be another downgrade hack without hardmodding it, you have to physically mod it now but opening it up and stuff

time to kms fuck i was on 9.2 before i updated

Let's be honest, the 3DS has been out for 5 years now. The fact that it took them this long to truly fix most of the software vulnerabilities is probably pretty generous.

did you update sysnand thinking you were on emunand or something

nope im just retarded as fuck

Wow op no memes in the op kill yourself real /hbg/ when

>Not using loadiine.ovh
>Not using latest homebrew channel
>What is Pokemon

ladies first

Also: What is Monster Hunter.

At least post a hacking meme scrublord

I figured it out. I hadn't actually started up the games before trying to import their save data. Kinda kicking myself with how obvious that should have been to me.

Hey so it looks like I found the /hbg/ guide to playing Super Mario Galaxy 2
youtube.com/watch?v=PbDLuDRgnkM

>that poor ass animation
>those fucking hands
>that face
christ

I feel like I'm a Nintendo.

For the part at the end where it says to copy rednand files over to sysnand, do I need to do it since I literally just formatted my 3ds and everything? I don't have any saves or shit I give a fuck about.

How

Quick reminder to any Krauts possibly browsing this thread: whatever you do, do NOT use the German translation of Plailect's guide. It is hilariously outdated and overall complete garbage.

Not him, but I'm going to guess a combination of capture card, custom template, and recording software the supports warping the source's shape.
Too smooth to be NTRViewer.

NTRViewer going to XSplit, with a custom overlay of a New 3DS XL image I found on Google edited to remove the actual top and bottom screen. I added a slight white overlay to the bottom screen to simulate shine.

That's a neat trick Damin.

>xsplit

First of all, this
Second, how are you getting that level of quality through NTRViewer?

I guess my inhome connection is good?
remoteplay(priorityMode=0, priorityFactor=1,quality=80,qosValue=100)
That's the setting I use in the Debugger.

If you know of an alternative to XSplit I'm all ears.

Dxtory is the best in my experience making a bunch of webbums.

OBS Studio

Huh, I've never heard of it.
XSplit is what I've used for years to stream to pals on Skype, and only recently (with NTRViewer's release) have I been using it for webms.
I'll look into Dxtory. Thanks.

>memes

Is there any way to make the injected FBI not have the title and icon of H&S?

That is certainly one of two options with the pastebin method.

I might have made a mistake. Following Plailect's guide, hacking a second 3DS, and I failed to make sure I had an internet connection set up after I downgraded to 2.1. After setting one up and trying to connect to dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin, I'm having connection issues. Is this related, did I fuck something up?

yeah, use it to install fbi cia and throw that health thing into a folder forever

Sorry, lemme be more clear. It attempts to load the page, but I get a Communication Error. I can connect to the net just fine otherwise.

can you access other websites?

Question.

There's a Wii U hacking guide from OP, the pastebin.
Is it a good guide or is there a guide on GitHub that is better ? Like the Plailect's guide of 3DS hacking for exemple.

Yeah, it's accessing everything else.

its good, all it is is just like doing browserhax and then you can play backups, not really even hacking yet since no iosu exploit

Think of Wii U hacking as being a couple years behind 3DS.

all of the wii u hax run on your browser so no need to download anything
after turning off your console goes like if nothing happened so you'll have to repeat the process

can you access the website with your normal browser?

Anyone have a save file of alpha sapphire with at least the E4 beaten?

yes?

It can connect to the website, but there's a communication error when it actually tries to load arm11

you have arm11.bin on the root?

double checked. Yeah.

How close are we to the "You done fucked up" diagnosis?

don't call it a "communication error" when you don't have the correct payloads on your card. communication error implies that there's an error with the communication to the website, not an error with launching the payload.

The only thing that I know is that we can't play online since no iosu exploit. But when you say "then you can play backups", you mean that we can't "install" games into the console and have to play games directly from the SD Card ? (for exemple, I can't play Star Fox if it's not into my SD Card)

dunno, I literally just did this myself a minute ago and had no issue, you have the newest version of OTPHelper?

You took tubehax off right?

And so we can't save our progress in games ? Always have to restart ?

That's what the error states it is. When I try to load the website, it calls itself a Communication error.

I've already fucked this step up once before, where I forgot to have arm11.bin on there, and the 3ds just froze.

no tubehax. Latest version.

At this point I'll settle for getting myself back to 9.2 and trying again.

arm9.bin?

yes only SD for now

either nintendo blocked access to github and you're fucked or you're doing something wrong.

ok thanks.

so here's a fun thing that just happened

installed arm9loaderhax with SafeA9LHInstaller and the SD card died

yay ;_;

I GOT IT WORKING

Apparently, when I installed something a while back, there was a loose arm9loaderhax.bin item that I had missed somehow. deleting that fixed everything.

I don't even remember what it was that put that there, but it's what I get for just dumping everything in the folder onto my SD card.