/edg/ Elite: Dangerous General

Necron edition:

Since last thread was a success decided to make another before we descend back to out tombs

>discuss the elite meta
>laugh at the forumdads
>weep as the game you love dies

no pastebin, no anecdotal OP; final destination.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=byQxltep16o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just let it die, make again if they actually fixed 2.1

so you mean never?

we're back alive? what's the new exploit?

Military Strikes, Enemy ships just sit there and do jack shit. Good if you want to grind powerplay points for Hudson or Denton or if you want to collect a whole lot of materials.

But what makes Elite so compelling isn’t so much about the game as the experience. It’s the tinkering with and the taking out of a performance car for a Sunday drive, not to rack up more miles, nor to break any speed limits, but to just feel the growl of the engine and the wind comb through what’s left of your hair. To remember those carefree days arched over a BBC Micro or blinking angrily into a Lenslok and to forget for a short while that you have to make 357 people redundant in the morning. Elite is a hermetically-sealed escape capsule and it’s the best there is. Hell, you could fire the game up and just sit there on a launch pad and the sounds are enough to carry you away, so strong is your ship’s presence and so absorbing are the station surroundings.

Taking off, tearing through the station entrance a little too fast and just missing a Python, angling for the next jump, scooping fuel from a blazing sun, spinning the camera around your ship to catch its best profile, starting a fight just for the hell of it, seeing smok rise from the command console, hearing the screen crack and precious oxygen escaping into space and landing back at base with seconds to spare – these are the moments that make Elite essential. Trading, missions, mining – not so much. But it’s ok, we’re not going anywhere.

my favorite meme

>best thread was back and alive and I missed it

Left it going all night. Woke up to 4 combat rank upgrades and this. Amazing.

So, what's the point of powerplay funbux?

Can I excange them for real credits?

you get fuck ton of them and they let you have 50M each week

taxes not included

I don't know the decay rate but at least this week I'm getting 50 million for not even lifting a finger.

Damn, I hope it's not to late to get that since today is the last day of this fun.

It's the last day? What happened? Also the decay rate is the rank is cut in half So you need 10k a week to keep this. Power play fucking sucks.

Because today is the bank holiday.

Tomorrow ftroop will be back on track patching out the fun. Hurry the fuck up.

>mfw I deleted the game yesterday
>I can download the game within 3 hours
>although the exploit is sweet I have no motivation to do it

Does it work with ALD?

Don't think so since she doesn't have military strike zones so only Hudson and Patreus but go ahead and check Duval's crime sweep.

>Just chilling in the strike zone
>Not even moving just camping in my Conda
>ASP bumps into me and blows up
>Everyone turns on me

TOP WELP

Where can i find a strike point?
Already joined up with hudson.

Go to any systems that are currently in the "expansion" phase. I think there's only one.

LOLOLOLOLOL

BRABEN GONE OFF THE RAIL

ARE YOU A MAN ENOUGH TO STOP HIM?

Should I redownload? I hate this game, but 2.2 might be good, right?

I'm already getting bored of this exploit since I just know I could be doing something better and this is a waste of my day.

Wait until 2.2 to download. Everything fucking sucks atm.

At this point I doubt frontier has ever played their own game.

I don't think i have ever seen a game with a more infuriating community then this one

absolutely phenomenal

>newest exploit is to sit and autoturret

I thought they patched that out ages ago, or has the new AI update brought it back?

FD will see the increase in PP activity and use it to claim that PP is working fine

OK so sup with star citizen guys?

Yiff in hell furfag :^)

: ((((((((((((((((

same old shit.

The best part is that the AI bitch is still denying that there is anything wrong with her programming and that it must be hackers or lag that's causing all the craziness.

last 8 months?

otherwise your pic sums it up

>those prices

wtf

>Star Citizen is some kind of vaporware scam
>No Man's Sky is going to be just as grindy with even less multiplayer (but still forced online) and has already started receiving death threats
>Elite is still stuck in the Brabenvision
The future's not looking bright.

You can play NMS offline.

What a complete fucking disaster this update was

thank god for Overwatch otherwise i'd be more pissed then i already am

>tfw more and more of this shit is surfacing

Where in the fuck can I find gimballed Huge Multis?

>run into a clearly bugged npc
>engage him anyway

not that i'm defending this shit, but that guy was an idiot

Did they seriously fucking break the reputation and influence system of the game with that patch?
>hunt bunch of assholes that are the enemies of the anthill mob on maia
>approaching station
>station turns green and friendly
>before I can dock it turns yellow and neutral again
and now pic related
the status with these guys are still neutral despite this message

I found mine at a high tech system.

Continued and unlocked more engineers by doing a grade 3 thermal resistance mod on shields after unlocking grade 3. This shit is actually not that bad now. The only terrible things to get are the materials related to surface scavenging and settlements. The more recipes you unlock though, the more options you have to level up with. Salvage is really easy to get lots of. Also these mods are OP as fuck.

I'm gonna work on getting a fully outfitted corvette or conda before I even think about the engineers. At least this turret thing works wonders.

>mfw having to scavenge in a fucking Corvette

Oh my god, just fucking end me

Slap a ship full with turrets and park in a military strike and go afk?

Go for it, this game requires you being rich now. Money is the first thing you should get. Don't pass up any chance to grab materials when the opportunity arises though.

I'm using a Viper MkIV fitted for surface missions, salvaging and combat all at the same time. Mostly to just do missions so i can grab specific materials offered as rewards or burn through some missions for reputation. It's definitely much better than using my conda.

That's the plan. How bad will this be if I have E:D in windowed 800x600 lowest settings doing this so I can still play Witcher 3?

game just patched

The only alternatives I can even consider for resource gathering are my FAS and ASP Explorer

Maybe I should do the 30 jumps back to my asp and just spend 10 hours humping some backwater planet.

rip servers

did this patch fix this games everything?

I'm going nuclear if they patched the turreting now that I got out of work and on the computer...

>Necron edition:

I could really do with an ongoing thread where we constantly shit all over frontier.

If they did, I'd give you some dosh if I could because that sucks.

You should've been here a year ago.

I don't give a toss about dosh, already have an endless supply. I just want my combat Elite.

Good point. I forgot about that. Well I just got in so it works?

You're safe.

No, the opposite!

We got huge Rail Guns yet?

no

we got full auto rail guns though

npc only

And we never will. Imagine a plasma accelerator that you didn't need to lead. The dads would be on suicide watch.

>enter frameshift jump
>instead of the usual whispering shit it's completely fucking silent

>The dads would be on suicide watch.

Maybe then this game will start to unfuck itself

It's already started. Things to do have been added to the game and theres casuals who toss the towel already.

is there any current cheesy exploit for alliance somewhere going on?

could use some dosh

it's not enough unfortunately

for every person who expresses dissatisfaction with this update theres like 5 dads that pounce on that person with there canned "Everything is perfect as is!", "You're just lazy", "Get good :^) i love the new challenge" responses

These people are like those who refuse to pull the plug on a terminally ill and suffering person.

I said it in the previous thread and I'll say it again: the real victim of this retarded grind and ridiculous AI are newbies. Not bad players, newbies, ones who are just starting. I talked to 5 or 6 of them yesterday, intentionally sought them out to see what they thought of the new patch. Every single one said the same thing: "The AI is pushing my shit in and I can't afford the good ships required to beat them, because the AI has access to A ranked stuff and engineer mods even below dangerous ranking"

Not to mention when the AI calls it a day early and just starts cheating, like with the minigun plasma accelerator or the chaff every 10 seconds infinitely or other shit.

This game and its community (especially the community) is like a phenomenon, but for all the wrongs reasons.

This game seems to have spawned a whole new breed of fanboy, the forumdad. Who's echo chambers seem to rival that of Tumblr itself.

You could literally write case studies on this subject, and i feel that someone actually should do so, either write a blog or post a youtube video about this subject. Because the more this is allowed to happen, the farther down the whole this game goes.

If nobody shines a light on this shit, then this game is doomed.

I can see that. Hell even I'm getting owned by some of the npcs I come across. They're usually Dangerous or Deadly rank and have shields that impossibly good. After seeing how hard they tank my shots I can relate: Unless you're packing some serious firepower, and that requires a LOT of money, you're not going to do much against every other NPC with vanilla gear.

maybe I should go to Eravate and help newbies

>get in a wing and blow up several condas can get you an adder right from the start

that could give me some kinda purpose in the game and encourage people

Update is 8.5 gbs is that normal? Last time I played was 3 months ago and back then game itself was 5gb

Are bounties shared in wings?

Hey, hey guys! What if we won't let /edg/ die this time? Do you guys know what keeps threads alive on this board? Rampant shitposting. Shitpost about ftroop being shit and forumdads even worse by the day and we won't die so the actual conversation can flourish between the downtimes!

Yes, but you don't need many killed deadly condas to jump start someones edg bank account.

Doing this is pretty fun. I flew around in an Annie trying hunting for le so fanny memesters that would seal club in Eravate, and I'd sit in the nav beacon making sure kawaii princess faggots in FDLs didn't jump in to try to kill everyone. I managed to kill a couple of them and even got a thank you from a couple of Vipers I helped. I eventually stopped because the instancing and connection in this game is so fuck awful that it was very difficult to actually hunt for specific people. Sure, you can club anyone you see, but if you're looking for someone specific, the odds are you're going to get plopped in a different instance than them. Either that or you get put in an instance by yourself when you know there are people around. The game literally goes out of its way to make it unenjoyable.

>women ruining another game
>the GG faggots were right and we didn't listen

as much as it sounds good on paper (just like FDev updates) it will get boring after a while. Which was the reason /edg/ died in the first place. Unless there are constant consecutive fuck ups by the frontier. in any case give or take 1 month is the max we can hold out.

I will hang around if there is a thread, maybe make some OC out of the drama

>Release on thursday
>Then go take a break
Jesus christ FD

Keep in mind who the forumdads are. They are babyboomers. The people that took the bright vision of the future made by those greater that came before and ground it into the economic hellhole we now live in. The only truly privileged generation. They are the people that have ruined the world for the rest of us. Of course they're going to ruin this too. Everything they touch turns to shit.

I head the factory workers gone on a strike
someone gotta knit those socks user

It didn't seem obvious the npc was bugged before he shot it.
He tried to run, but there was no escaping that shit.

The only thing you can do in this game is earn money and materials to upgrade your ship.
I wonder if it would be possible to create a website that uses some ED api to track your location in game and allow you to take control of star systems, that will then be represented on a map on the website.

We /kspg/ now.

>using a third party tool to create factional warfare that is better than PP

Frontier will have none of that.

Maybe, but it's something I'm curious about.
I don't think it would be that difficult. If you sit close to a systems star for a while, and it's not contested by an enemy faction, you take the system. The more people you have in your corp and the more systems you have, the more "control points" you have to take other systems. The programming is easy, the hardest part would be making a proper GUI, and idk if there is an API where you can track a players location

/edg/ has gathered MORE then enough ammunition over the years that we could use against these fucks.

i say go for it

dont forget here in bongland its a bank holiday so 3 day weekend

Could you imagine how butthurt FD would be if modders got tired of their shit and just started making the game better on their own?

Hell you don't even need mods, just have everyone leave powerplay and congregate on a forum if the coding just can't be done.
It would be a pain to track shit manually but literally anything is better than PP.

Can someone tell me more about planetary landings?
When you land on a planet can you go all the way around it, even if it takes several days/weeks?
Can you fly your ship near surface?

Also I haven't played in a while mission board is new to me. What happens if you max Faction Reputation?

>"well, if grinding is so bad, then why is World of Warcraft so popular? :^)"

WORLD OF WARCRAFT IS A FUCKING RPG! ELITE: DANGEROUS IS NOT AN RPG AND THUS GRINDING RNG MECHANICS DO NOT MAKE SENSE!

Fuck these dads, fuck those forums. that place is literally Illogical fallacies: the forum.

Dont you just love......when the dads.......type like this?.....the excessive use......of periods.....make them sound so wise.......and edgy :^)

Fly safe........cmdrs o7

>30 dollars for a broken as shit update that will buttfuck newbies harder than ever

>They are shit.

>Yes. Except your buggy runs out of fuel before that happens.

>Yes you can, you can orbit the shit and fly in canyons admittedly this is pretty cool. For 15 minutes.

>Fucking nothing.

>tell me about planetary landings
You fly to a planet and land on it. You can only land on planets without an atmosphere, and can drive around in an SRV (aka a buggy)
>can you fly all the way around
Yes. You're an idiot to do so though. It takes only a little longer to reach landfall at a land base, and you can't just fall straight down into it, gotta go at an angle.
>can you fly ship near surface
Yes and you will be doing so to try and spot points of interest if you are salvaging or exploring or whatever

WoW is not an RPG.

I'm having an absolute blast in this new update. I can understand why some people don't like the changes. After all, Elite isn't a casual game and gamers nowadays want everything handed to them. I hope they turn around and find ways to adapt to the game, as its probably one of the best around!

Cheers! :)

+Rep

Right on CMDR :^) o7

+Rep
Can't possibly rep you guys harder! Cheers!

someone needs to edit this guy into an asp cockpit